Thread: Men's physique

alexISthrowed is offline Knowledgeable Member

Men's physique

Not sure if anyone's seen this, but it's gotten pretty big here in MI in the past year. Basically it's a male model/muscle and fitness cover competition. They wear board shorts and just stand on stage. I'm not even sure what the judging criteria is. I know they deduct for being to muscular or cut. Just wanted to hear what peoples opinions on it were. I really don't get it. Maybe because I've grown up around bodybuilding idk. Imo it has no place in a BODYBUILDING competition and neither does the bikini division. I think there should be separate competitions for these types of things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cvp8...eature=related

buffgator is offline king of mass
    Its all about $$, and the reality is more guys want to look like the mens phsique than a bodybuilder. My off and on again girlfriend does bikini so I cant knock it. Her dad is the state npc chair and he says the mens physique class is going to grow like wild fire. At the last show he put on he actually had more women compete in bikini and figure than men competing in bodybuilding. Trust me though I know how much $$ he makes on a show and its all about money and right now that in figure/bikini then bodybuilding and who knows where mens physique will end up

Quote Originally Posted by buffgator View Post
    Its all about $$, and the reality is more guys want to look like the mens phsique than a bodybuilder. My off and on again girlfriend does bikini so I cant knock it. Her dad is the state npc chair and he says the mens physique class is going to grow like wild fire. At the last show he put on he actually had more women compete in bikini and figure than men competing in bodybuilding. Trust me though I know how much $$ he makes on a show and its all about money and right now that in figure/bikini then bodybuilding and who knows where mens physique will end up
    This makes a lot of sense. I never used to knock bikini because i'm not gay haha but I feel like I have to group it with mens physique. It's too bad that all they care about is the money but I suppose most things are that way these days.

endpoint is offline New Member
    Atleast you never have to squat

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by endpoint View Post
    Atleast you never have to squat
    thats the best part of training

endpoint is offline New Member
    My favorite too, however I dont think knee length board shorts are pro squats

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The guy on the far left looks pretty decent. Good size. I think he was the only one who does any back. lol

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    The guy on the far left looks pretty decent. Good size. I think he was the only one who does any back. lol
    He wasn't even in the top 5 he's too muscular lol!

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alexISthrowed View Post
    He wasn't even in the top 5 he's too muscular lol!
    Well good, with a little less body fat I might make it up there but I would rather be disqualified for being to muscular like him. LOL

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    BuffGator is correct, it's all about the $$. $100 for and NPC card, $50-$75 for and entry fee plus every competitor has on average over 2 people in the audience paying to get in just to watch him/her. Between Fitness, Figure, Bikini, Physique and Bodybuilding they are basically making it so there is a class for everyone who wants to step on stage. The problem is many shows are now running over 5 hours from start to finish. The bodybuilding attendees are getting pissed they have to wait through 3 hours of bikini and physique just to watch what they came to watch. I know a few of the promoters in my area are holding the Figure/Bikini/Physique/Fitness on Friday and the Bodybuilding on Saturday. I really hope others follow suit.

awms is offline Senior Member
    Looks like bodybuilding in the 70's, the "golden age". This is what most men want to look like and what most women want to sleep with. They created this because bodybuilders got to big...its just like the bikini class in the IFBB...they made that because the figure women look like bodybuilders now and the bodybuilders look like men lol so they need a class were the girls look like somthing other than mutant muscle bound freaks with fake boobs.

Kawigirl is offline Knowledgeable~Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy View Post
    BuffGator is correct, it's all about the $$. $100 for and NPC card, $50-$75 for and entry fee plus every competitor has on average over 2 people in the audience paying to get in just to watch him/her. Between Fitness, Figure, Bikini, Physique and Bodybuilding they are basically making it so there is a class for everyone who wants to step on stage. The problem is many shows are now running over 5 hours from start to finish. The bodybuilding attendees are getting pissed they have to wait through 3 hours of bikini and physique just to watch what they came to watch. I know a few of the promoters in my area are holding the Figure/Bikini/Physique/Fitness on Friday and the Bodybuilding on Saturday. I really hope others follow suit.

Its frustrating as a competitor and honestly boring for some in the audience who only have interest in one area or for a particular person. And, lets face it...after 4 hours of judging...if I were one...I'd have no real conclusion for any competitors at the end of show just due to being tired.....and I'm sure marks are skewed for that.

IMO....I don't like the whole physique thing for guys....you might as well put them in a two piece bathingsuit.....

Thread Information