Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member

Canadians booing our nat'l anthem?

I know we have alot a real good Canadian bro's on this board but whats up with Canadians booing our national anthem at a Canadian hockey game. I realize that those involved don't represent every Canadian's stance on this war, but isn't there other ways to show resentment to our military actions then booing our national anthem. Seems to me like the ultimate slap in the face. It's amazing...We're taking out the world's garbage and this is the thanks we get. I just don't get it

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Those that act out like that can kiss my arse! I'm sick of the media showing all these people protesting, and whining. Why not show the people that are showing support. All you hear about is this country or that country is against it, what about the "35" countries that arewith us? Show some of those!

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by BIG TEXAN
    Those that act out like that can kiss my arse! I'm sick of the media showing all these people protesting, and whining. Why not show the people that are showing support. All you hear about is this country or that country is against it, what about the "35" countries that arewith us? Show some of those!
    Unfortunately BT showing those who agree doesn't make good TV. The media gets ratings by showing conflicts...at home and abroad. As far as those who booed...it is a shamful and disrespectful action and I think it shows the true character of the person who does it. Also, I'll bet some are actually just jumping on the booing band wagon.

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Pete235

Unfortunately BT showing those who agree doesn't make good TV. The media gets ratings by showing conflicts...at home and abroad. As far as those who booed...it is a shamful and disrespectful action and I think it shows the true character of the person who does it. Also, I'll bet some are actually just jumping on the booing band wagon.
    Most of this people that are gainst the war don't even know whats really going on. Some of the just doing it for attention, to be part of the crowd, to feel belonged. But, if some one blew thei house away, all of the suddent they woud support Bush and his ways.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by Pete235

Well said, Pete, but I'm afraid it's too late, troops are being dispersed to Toronto and Montreal as we speak. By invading the two cities simultaneously, the military can assure itself of at least one batallion avoiding Canada's gun. During such tumultuous times, what can we do but laugh

I know...it's all about ratings. Then you have these reporters asking dumbass questions. Like they'll ask someone that's over there..."how does it feel inside one of the chemical suits out in the heat?"....how the hell do you think it feels you moron!!!!!!! HOT!!!! Sorry guys, just stuck at work for 12 freaken hours today and everyday this weekend and every little thing is getting on my nerves.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    i saw we run the press over too!!!

chinups Guest
    They should have had 20 thousand troops come out with m16 for the halftime show. Bet that would have changed some minds.

mnkc.....you driving this time? I'll ride shotgun with a baseball bat for those that jump out of the way.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    I have to agree it isn't the right thing to do and it shows what kind of people they are. But I don't believe that they are booing at Canada as a whole. This is one of the best countries in the world. I believe they are booing at is our PM himself. He is a sorry case for a PM IMO. I personally can't believe that he has not supported the US with what little military we do have. The US is our closest neighbour and in time of crisis if we ever need someone to help us out who do you think we are gonna call on??? The US!!

Hopefully he will smarten up and get our troops in there to support a cause that I believe in.

This is just my .02

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    ok...but we're takin the truck this time

Originally posted by chinups
    They should have had 20 thousand troops come out with m16 for the halftime show. Bet that would have changed some minds.
    lol. Intimidation might not be a good idea though since the US is already perceived as the anti-christ for trying to rid the world of an evil power.
    A better strategy would be to politely ask the protestors to stop what there doing. Because we all know diplomacy always works
    Unfortunately sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.
    Peace, love, and happiness...Usualsuspect

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I boo everytime i hear the canadian anthem. But then again we are rivals on the ice!

The Canadians were booing the U.S. Natioanl anthem.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Originally posted by BigGreen

Well said, Pete, but I'm afraid it's too late, troops are being dispersed to Toronto and Montreal as we speak. By invading the two cities simultaneously, the military can assure itself of at least one batallion avoiding Canada's gun. During such tumultuous times, what can we do but laugh
    You just go ahead and TRY to invade Canada boy! You have NO idea how much damage Celine Dion can REALLY do! Believe me, if you get her pissed off! U better be careful! We'll sick all the shity musicians on your asses! Military will all go deaf!

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I know...im giving back

Originally posted by Terinox

You just go ahead and TRY to invade Canada boy! You have NO idea how much damage Celine Dion can REALLY do! Believe me, if you get her pissed off! U better be careful! We'll sick all the shity musicians on your asses! Military will all go deaf!

Originally posted by Terinox

Don't the very same protocols of "humanitarian" warfare that prevent the use of chemical and biological weapons also prohibit the use of such cruel and unusual weaponry as celine dion, alex trebek, michael j. fox and the lot? Do you canadians truly lack such human compassion as to expose men merely following orders to an acoustic version of "it's all coming back to me now"???? They're just men dammit!!! Barely out of boyhood...just men! Oh, the humanity!

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    The Canadians were booing the U.S. Natioanl anthem.
    I was just informed of this here at work....I never saw the game..and thought that they were booing the Canadian Nation Anthem.

Booing the American one..that is brutle, hell booing any national anthem just isn't right.

As you may have read in my last post I am a supporter of what the US is doing. As for the booing...they should be booing our Prime Minister, for not backing up our neighbours.

Originally posted by Shredz

I was just informed of this here at work....I never saw the game..and thought that they were booing the Canadian Nation Anthem.

Booing the American one..that is brutle, hell booing any national anthem just isn't right.

As you may have read in my last post I am a supporter of what the US is doing. As for the booing...they should be booing our Prime Minister, for not backing up our neighbours.

peam is offline Suspended
    I don't know about where all of you are... but in Portland the protestors were burning the American flag... I know it's not illegal but to me it's abusing their rights... and that's sort of the same thing as booing the anthem. I think it's on the University of Oregon's women's basketball team a girl turned her back to the flag during the anthem and the coach wouldn't let her play. Good for him. At least support all the people fighting for American... even if you don't agree with the reasons. Anyways... just me rambling again.

I know burning the flag isn't a crime...but it should be. The ONLY reason the American flag should be burned is if it EVER touches the ground or if it is torn and tattered. But to burn it just to burn it.....I swear if I ever contract a fatal disease all these dumbasses better watch out. Cause I'll get my shotgun and all the ammo I can carry and just start blowing these ungratefull, know nothing, anti-freedom, anti-american, traitorous, idiots!!!!!! I seved in the military to protect these scumm bags. They actually make me feel that I might have just waisted those years of my life spent protecting all the freedoms that they're pissing on.

peam is offline Suspended
    I agree... it shoud be a crime. Big Texan... I, the sufer girl peam, would personally like to thank you for protecting my rights!! (probably before I was born lol)

I swear if I ever contract a fatal disease all these dumbasses better watch out. Cause I'll get my shotgun and all the ammo I can carry and just start blowing these ungratefull, know nothing, anti-freedom, anti-american, traitorous, idiots!!!!!!
    BigTexan,

From the majority of your postings I'm recalling, I do genuinely like you and think you're a great guy...so please don't misinterpret this. However, I see very, very little difference between the above statement and a statement made virtually along the same lines with "anti-american traitorous idiots" being replaced by "american capitalist infidels". Either way you look at it, it is (to me) disgusting that for beliefs and lifestyles that seem abhorrent to some, people are willing to somewhat casually call for loss of life, particularly when these beliefs and lifestyles cause no direct physical harm or fear. Whether it is burning a flag, believing in the right to freedom, desiring to have sex with individuals of the same gender, ascribing to a capitalist economic system, or maintaining the right to worship a three-headed cow I can see no reason to advocate or even suggest such actions, even if it is a knee jerk reaction with very little reality or actuality behind it....which I truly hope is all it is. I, too, find flag burning disgusting. Furthermore, I *might* (not likely, but slightly possible) see the validity in supporting a law to ban it. I would never, however, resort to such vivid physical violence nor even suggest it; rather, to lift cheaply from Voltaire, the likely situation is that I would defend with my life (literal or metaphoric) the right of such individuals to carry out such actions.
    Last edited by BigGreen; 03-21-2003 at 08:57 PM.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by Shredz

As for the booing...they should be booing our Prime Minister, for not backing up our neighbours.
    Right on bro...we should get your ass in to office...we'll (US) have more support although I truly like Bush and probably one of the biggest supporters of his...but good quote....

I know burning the flag isn't a crime...but it should be. The ONLY reason the American flag should be burned is if it EVER touches the ground or if it is torn and tattered. But to burn it just to burn it.....I swear if I ever contract a fatal disease all these dumbasses better watch out. Cause I'll get my shotgun and all the ammo I can carry and just start blowing these ungratefull, know nothing, anti-freedom, anti-american, traitorous, idiots!!!!!! I seved in the military to protect these scumm bags. They actually make me feel that I might have just waisted those years of my life spent protecting all the freedoms that they're pissing on.
    Hey BIG TEXAN, I feel your wrath bro. I wish all these ppl would migrate to Amsterdam where they can smoke pot all day and live in there fantasy world. Some people just don't appreciate the freedoms and high standard of living our country provides and servicemen our protecting until it is taken away from them. I say welcome more immigrants into our country and toss these scumbags out. I have the upmost respect for those who have answered the call to duty and served this great nation. Maybe every US citizen should be required to serve at least 2 yrs in the armed forces when they turn 18, but thats a whole other topic to get into to...We'll save that for another time. ttyl
    Usualsuspect

jammergsxr is offline Member
    Originally posted by BigGreen

Don't the very same protocols of "humanitarian" warfare that prevent the use of chemical and biological weapons also prohibit the use of such cruel and unusual weaponry as celine dion, alex trebek, michael j. fox and the lot? Do you canadians truly lack such human compassion as to expose men merely following orders to an acoustic version of "it's all coming back to me now"???? They're just men dammit!!! Barely out of boyhood...just men! Oh, the humanity!
    Shania Twain's staying here!Canada can't have her back!She's ours I tell you all ours!

BigGreen- Hey there, I wouldn't actually go that far.....just venting bro. LOL I'm just saying that these people that do this crap live here, enjoy the freedoms the america has to offer, prosper in the free economy, yet turn around and spit on it. What's up with that? My idea, if you live here and enjoy what this country has to offer, than you need to support it. If you don't, than don't let the door hit ya, where the good Lord split ya! I will admit that the freedoms this country enjoys, does allow these people to speak their minds and burn our flags and yes I too would die defending these freedoms ironically, but would like to see that law change.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I know burning the flag isn't a crime...but it should be
    Are you serious? I know burning a flag is a morally reprehensible way of making a political statement, but illegal, give me a break. Making burning flags sounds illegal sounds a little communist to me.

How does it sound communist....please tell me?

El Kabong is offline New Member
    I'm no fan of the war, but booing an anthem ? That's Bush league, as it were. Well there are morons everywhere.

one2lift is offline New Member
    Speaking as a Canadian, I am ashamed and embarrassed about my Government' s lack of support to the USA.
    As well, those boo and jeer the US anthem disgust me.
    WE have our share of antiwar protestors here and they always "amuse" me with there cute little chants.
    As far as i am concerned..if you are against the USA, then YOU ARE A SUPPORTER OF TERRORISM...
    \{image}

BigGreen- Hey there, I wouldn't actually go that far.....just venting bro. LOL I'm just saying that these people that do this crap live here, enjoy the freedoms the america has to offer, prosper in the free economy, yet turn around and spit on it. What's up with that? My idea, if you live here and enjoy what this country has to offer, than you need to support it. If you don't, than don't let the door hit ya, where the good Lord split ya! I will admit that the freedoms this country enjoys, does allow these people to speak their minds and burn our flags and yes I too would die defending these freedoms ironically, but would like to see that law change.
    Good to hear...I knew that didn't sound "like you" at all.

BigGreen....what can I say.....even a fun loving guy like myself has a bad day. LOL Plus I have a really nasty temper that flares up every now and then.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    How does it sound communist....please tell me?
    In a free country do you not think that people should be able to destroy their property( I'm going out on a limb here and assuming the flag burners are actually burning their own flags ) as they see fit, so long as it doesn't endanger anyone else?

Would you have a problem with me burning a picture of Mickey Mouse during a anti-Disney protest?

People need to get past their emotions and think logically on issues like this. Burn a Canadian flag sometime. Go for it, it doesn't matter to me because I understand that it only represents YOUR political statement, no more no less.

Just a thought.

Well I take offense to flag burning.....especially when it is a symbol of something I spen some years of my life defending along with many others...not to mention those that died for that flag! So no it's not communist.....it's called honor for my country.

Decoder is offline Banned
    Its all about the oil not terriosiom, im not naming the oil company, but a very famous oil company signed a contract with the US government to reconstruct the oil wells in iraq, making the US 680 BILLON dollars in the future.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by chicamahomico

Would you have a problem with me burning a picture of Mickey Mouse during a anti-Disney protest?
    Lets not get personal.

Its funny 75% of America now supports Bush and the war effort. Still its the 25% who have to make sure they get in the news. Its 25% who have to cause violence in our streets at home. Its 25% who here in So California had to block the streets so not even an ambulance who carried injured people could get to the hospital. I am getting sick and tired of these 25%. Have a little respect for the flag people died for in order to give you the right to protest. Go to the Iraq and try to burn their flag in public. Try to speak up about Saddom. We live in the best damn country in the world if you dissagree maybe you shouldn't be here. I have one thing to say to the 25% "AMERICA LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT".

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Our flag is a pretty strong symbol. I agree with BIG TEXAN's posts. We have soooo much immigration and responsibility in the world... if you are an American and can not act like one - GET THE FUCK OUT. Go to some tribe somewhere or something... go run with some gysies... when you come cryin' back for citizenship - HAHA... get outa here

We are a pretty frickin' new nation when compared to the rest of the world - one that has taken on a very large role. Everything needs leadership - and Earth has the USA. If someone else wants to maintain the stability and take this role - I am sure we wouldn't mind sitting back and clearing our national debt... but who has the manpower and proven responsibility? No one, so we do it... a thanks would be better than booing our National Anthem (which really pisses me off that could actually happen - especially from our friendly frozen neighbors)...

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    Im canadian, and I say blow up the bad before they blow us up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information