Diesel is offline Anabolic Member

How should I feel?

Little background:

My gym does not open until 0530 in the morning. After weeks of badgering the owner to open earlier he finally just threw me a key and told me to open up when I felt like it.

So, For the last couple of weeks I have been taking Monday and Friday off. Therefore, I have been at the gym at 0430 - 0445 on Tuesday thru Thursday. (I also train on Saturday and Sunday) I open the door, turn on the lights, and do my thing.

This morning I over slept and figured I would just go late tonight.

The owner calls me on my cell and asks me "where were you this morning?"
    So I tell him.

He then proceeds to get testy with me about not opening up on time and some members being upset.

I'm thinking to myself, WTF, I don't work for you.

So what is the deal?
    On one hand, I do not work there so fuck him.
    On the other hand, he did entrust me with a key to open up the place whenever I wanted.

Your thoughts?

D

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Hummm, unless you are getting paid for it I don't think you should care. Tell him if he wants you there 100% of the time to give you a free membership or put you on the payroll.

Pain

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Don't burn bridges. Tell him that it was a misunderstanding...you thought he entrusted you with a key so you could get in there as early as you wanted, when you wanted. Tell him you were not aware that others were depending on you to open the doors and had you known that you would have been there. Then ask what he wants you to do...open the door for yourself, or open the door for others. Just let him know you would like a definitive answer.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Originally posted by painintheazz
    Hummm, unless you are getting paid for it I don't think you should care. Tell him if he wants you there 100% of the time to give you a free membership or put you on the payroll.

Pain
    I 2nd that. If he isn't paying you too be there, then you shouldn't have too be.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Pete235
    Don't burn bridges. Tell him that it was a misunderstanding...you thought he entrusted you with a key so you could get in there as early as you wanted, when you wanted. Tell him you were not aware that others were depending on you to open the doors and had you known that you would have been there. Then ask what he wants you to do...open the door for yourself, or open the door for others. Just let him know you would like a definitive answer.
    I agree with this. There was a simple miscommunication; It happens all the time. Just talk with the man and figure out exactly what each of you had in mind and go from there.

peace

I agree with you Pete. That is why I told the guy I would stop by tonight and we could talk it over.

However, by taking the key, do I accept responsibility to open on the mornings I train without fail?

If I were another member and got there this morning, I would have been upset because 'D' did not show to open the door.

But.....The owner told me he would not open earlier because there was not a need other than my situation. It would be a waste of his money.
    Obviously, I am not the only one that needs to get there earlier than 0530.

I'll hash it out with him tonght and let you guys know what happens.

When I got off the phone with the guy it was like kissing your sister, you don't know whether to be happy or sad.

D

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Good luck with it anyhow. BTW, I am a early gym goer myself and once I got there and the opener didn't show and I was hella pissed, so I can see where he is coming from, but I also understand that things happen and it has only happend once in my 4 years going to my gym.

Pain

Cali is offline Female Member
    Good call Pete!

Diesel, you don't know if you should be happy or sad after kissing your sister....LOL Only you would come up with that....

Originally posted by Cali
    Only you would come up with that....
    And what is that supposed to mean???

Nevermind, I don't want to hear the answer.

D

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    Originally posted by Diesel

When I got off the phone with the guy it was like kissing your sister, you don't know whether to be happy or sad.

D

please tell me thats not from personal experience...

Thread Information