Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940414243444550 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,600 of 2337
Like Tree1232Likes

Thread: The I'm listening to today Metal edition Thread

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Can't go wrong with Alice. Agree with you about the new Mastadon, something not right for me.

Damn flu, one full week withought iron - watching my body shrink.
    If will come back, Prox. Rest and heal.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Also, I like the sludge sound of Mercedes Lander's band, The White Swan. Mercedes is the drummer for Kittie and I've always been impressed by her, her sister, Morgan, and Kittie as well. Anyway, I think she will do well. It's kind of a sludge/syntho blend, but it works for me.
    They (Kittie) have been at Ground Zero years ago and I want to say I saw them play outside.of Fayetteville long ago as well. Anyway, very approachable and genuinely sweet/good natured ladies. Was kind of shocked when they didn't just take time.to briefly speak, but actually engaged in conversation. Very cool and a highlight I will never forget.

Also, was very sad to see Trish Doan passed away, their bassist.

The clip below is from Mercedes's project The White Swan.
    https://youtu.be/9Cwc6bJLhl4
    Last edited by almostgone; 02-18-2017 at 12:09 PM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Proximal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    If will come back, Prox. Rest and heal.
    Thanks AG!

Sorry, guys. 1 more from KiTTiE.

https://youtu.be/rsuTuAVJrF8

Also, I like the sludge sound of Mercedes Lander's band, The White Swan. Mercedes is the drummer for Kittie and I've always been impressed by her, her sister, Morgan, and Kittie as well. Anyway, I think she will do well. It's kind of a sludge/syntho blend, but it works for me.
    They (Kittie) have been at Ground Zero years ago and I want to say I saw them play outside.of Fayetteville long ago as well. Anyway, very approachable and genuinely sweet/good natured ladies. Was kind of shocked when they didn't just take time.to briefly speak, but actually engaged in conversation. Very cool and a highlight I will never forget.

Also, was very sad to see Trish Doan passed away, their bassist.

The clip below is from Mercedes's project The White Swan.
    https://youtu.be/9Cwc6bJLhl4
    Damn, your variety/volume of bands is something. Just gave this song a listen, like the way her vocals are used with the really heavy instrumentals.

Wanted to let you know, I played some stuck Mojo for one of my classes & saw a few smiles and a little head movement; it was a good day.
    almostgone likes this.

Damn, your variety/volume of bands is something. Just gave this song a listen, like the way her vocals are used with the really heavy instrumentals.

Wanted to let you know, I played some stuck Mojo for one of my classes & saw a few smiles and a little head movement; it was a good day.
    Cool, Prox! Very cool!
    Proximal likes this.

Her sister, Morgan, has the same gift with the vocals. She can growl just as heavy as Otep and then the next line sing just as clean as an angel.

Last edited by almostgone; 02-18-2017 at 01:07 PM.

Her sister, Morgan, has the same gift with the vocals. She can growl just as heavy as Otep and hen the next line sing just as clean as an angel.

Agreed, like that description, clean as an angel. Kind of why I love Corey from Slipknot - BADASS growler who can switch to super-quality singing in a heart-beat. Always great chatting with you AG, hope you, the Mrs., lifting and hell, just everything else are doing great. Me, I'm sitting here coughing like Doc Holiday.
    almostgone likes this.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Can't go wrong with Alice. Agree with you about the new Mastadon, something not right for me.

Damn flu, one full week withought iron - watching my body shrink.
    Feel better soon Prox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Proximal likes this.

Blog Entries
    New Dozen

Proximal and almostgone like this.

Agreed, like that description, clean as an angel. Kind of why I love Corey from Slipknot - BADASS growler who can switch to super-quality singing in a heart-beat. Always great chatting with you AG, hope you, the Mrs., lifting and hell, just everything else are doing great. Me, I'm sitting here coughing like Doc Holiday.
    Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate and if you can tolerate it a teaspoon of warm honey every couple of hours. If you have any prescribed Lortab, break them into 2.5 - 5mg increments and try dosing about every 6 hours? That usually helps tremendously with chronic coughing from colds for me.
    Hope you get to feeling better pronto. Also, many people don't care for L-arginine but I try to get in 5g at least EOD and it seems to have reduced my respiratory illnesses quite a bit.
    Always a pleasure, Prox and all.the best to Mrs. Prox as well.
    Proximal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno View Post
    Feel better soon Prox

Thanks man. And thanks for the new list - I always dug Ice-T's voice & Body Count, just gave it a listen, nice. Him and Chuck D - STRONG m-f'n voices, match up to metal so well!
    Igifuno likes this.

Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate and if you can tolerate it a teaspoon of warm honey every couple of hours. If you have any prescribed Lortab, break them into 2.5 - 5mg increments and try dosing about every 6 hours? That usually helps tremendously with chronic coughing from colds for me.
    Hope you get to feeling better pronto. Also, many people don't care for L-arginine but I try to get in 5g at least EOD and it seems to have reduced my respiratory illnesses quite a bit.
    Always a pleasure, Prox and all.the best to Mrs. Prox as well.
    Thanks buddy. I feel I'm on the mend. I'm not one to miss work, but took off a few days this week and it helped. I'm backing off meds now to see how I really feel. At least my abs had some great workouts - the DOMS are nasty

evanescent is offline Banned
    Jesus. KiTTiE. I used to be madly obsessed with them 17 years ago when I was a fat angsty 13 year old goth. I met them a year or two later at a signing, Mercedes was so nice and apologetic that we couldn't go to their 18+ gig

Though not quite metal, this is my current obsession. If the username doesn't give it away ... I started listening to Evanescence in 2002 and... well, I just haven't stopped.

Just when I thought my love of Amy Lee couldn't extend any further.. the bitch goes and does a cover of 'Dirty Diana'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPiQhOeXE_Y
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by evanescent View Post
    Jesus. KiTTiE. I used to be madly obsessed with them 17 years ago when I was a fat angsty 13 year old goth. I met them a year or two later at a signing, Mercedes was so nice and apologetic that we couldn't go to their 18+ gig

Though not quite metal, this is my current obsession. If the username doesn't give it away ... I started listening to Evanescence in 2002 and... well, I just haven't stopped.

Just when I thought my love of Amy Lee couldn't extend any further.. the bitch goes and does a cover of 'Dirty Diana'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPiQhOeXE_Y
    They honestly were some of the most down to earth young ladies that I have had the privelege to spend a brief amount of time with. Also, very well read and aware of what is going on in the world. Like I mentioned above, it was something I won't forget.
    Proximal likes this.

Blog Entries
    Took my daughter to see Evanescence along with Halestorm and Chevelle a few years back. Good show. Really became a big Lizzy Hale fan at that show. She's amazing.

almostgone, Proximal and DCI like this.

Got in the car to drive to work, first 2 songs: "looking down the barrel" by Hatebreed & "psychosocial" by Slipknot. Knew it would be a good day with a start like that and it was.

Blog Entries
    Upcoming shows tix purchased:
    2/24 - Goatwhore/Allegeon/Cattle Decapitation/Whitechapel
    3/18 - Rezin/Tubefreaks
    4/4 - Devil Wears Prada/Anthrax/Killswitch Engage
    4/24 - Sepulura/Testament
    5/10 - Volbeat/Metallica
    6/3 - Ghost/Iron Maiden

May hit a couple more if I can.

almostgone and DCI like this.

Nice line-ups.
    Igifuno likes this.

O.K. have to admit this - Whitesnake's "In the still of the night" guitar riffs gives me goose-bumps from time to time. Another driving to work moment this morning.
    Igifuno likes this.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Hardly no metal for me. But a lot of left lane cruiser and the likes over the last few days.

I was listening to bryan ferry and the eagles at home. Bryan ferry has a lot of shit songs lol.

Today i think i will listen to some early metallica or megadeth
    Igifuno likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DCI View Post
    Hardly no metal for me. But a lot of left lane cruiser and the likes over the last few days.

I was listening to bryan ferry and the eagles at home. Bryan ferry has a lot of shit songs lol.

Today i think i will listen to some early metallica or megadeth
    Always fine choices big 4

DCI likes this.

Just heard what I thought I understood was a new song from a band called
    Gorgoroth on Liquid Metal on the way back from the gym. Forgot the name, can't find it on-line. Generally not my style - but a lot really worked for me with this song.
    Igifuno likes this.

Blog Entries
    Just heard what I thought I understood was a new song from a band called
    Gorgoroth on Liquid Metal on the way back from the gym. Forgot the name, can't find it on-line. Generally not my style - but a lot really worked for me with this song.
    Super heavy and evil. Here's all the tracks from their new album.

Proximal and DCI like this.

Blog Entries
    Jumped the gun and got korn tix last night on presale to this small and intimate club. The show is going to be legend and should sell out quickly. Just realized it's the same day as my friend's wedding so can't go. Little bummed but I've seen them 4x already, once at that same club.

DCI likes this.

Thanks. Damn though - still can't recall the name of the song.

Bummer bout Korn.
    Igifuno likes this.

Heard a couple of their tunes. Just waiting for some of it to hit Amazon Prime.
    Igifuno likes this.

I knew the new Six Feet Under sounded different. Looks like Steve Swanson isn't their guitarist right now?
    Last edited by almostgone; 02-25-2017 at 10:00 AM.
    Igifuno likes this.

Blog Entries
    Couple pics from last nights show. Was really good.

Proximal, DCI and almostgone like this.

Do you use any ear protection at shows? I personally don't like to, muffles the sound too much.

DCI
    Some Pantera Vulgar display of power seen as it is 25 years old today.

Great pic's igi of the concert.
    almostgone and Igifuno like this.

Never could decide which album of theirs was my favorite. I want to say Live:101 proof, but then they kind of opened a door to a slightly different sound w/ Great Southern Trendkill?
    DCI and Igifuno like this.

DCI
    Never could decide which album of theirs was my favorite. I want to say Live:101 proof, but then they kind of opened a door to a slightly different sound w/ Great Southern Trendkill?
    I have to say I love em all. I have listened to their albums nearly everyday i went training for 8 years it was insane ha and still don't get bored of their albums at all.
    Igifuno and almostgone like this.

Finally feeling like myself. Another workout in - went old school, Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush.

Blog Entries
    Do you use any ear protection at shows? I personally don't like to, muffles the sound too much.
    Never have. May regret that in the future.

Proximal likes this.

Blog Entries

Thx man. Didn't take a lot of pics. Lots of vids though. Need to watch em

DCI likes this.

Blog Entries
    New Dozen

almostgone likes this.

Dig 1, 6 & 10. E-mailed Liquid Metal, got to find the name of that Gorgoroth song, driving me crazy. BTW, hearing starting to go at 58, more of a result of headphones & personal music vs. concerts - although inflicted a lot of damage as a youth to live music.
    Last edited by Proximal; 02-26-2017 at 05:00 PM.
    Igifuno likes this.

DCI
    Hearing loss is awful. The worst thing you can do to it is listen to high volumes of bad recordings which a lot of albums are now so badly compressed to make them louder.

I have a decent stereo in my house and barely turn it up past 1/3 volume.
    Igifuno likes this.

Just minor at this time, but catching myself asking my students to repeat themselves more.

I guess this as good as time as any to say this. A month back, the wife found a lump. We're in the profession, have lived through this with friends and family, so we were ready for the bad news, but still we're on pins & needles. Friday it was confirmed. Again, we know the drill & are confident of what lies ahead, but it's really time to batten down the hatches and prepare for a rough few months.

Just wanted to say thanks to you guys on this thread, because I know I haven't been popular on the forum as of late & you still were kind enough to exchange posts with me.

Obviously, I have to deal with more pressing issues right now. Even though my wife of 32 years promised she wouldn't leave me, have to admit I am worried. So again, thanks for your recent exchanges of posts - hope to drop by sometime in the future with good news. Take care.

Thread Information