BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

I really need to know this (somewhat obscure I think)

Okay, there's a movie (and I know this is a theme that shows up in a whole lotta flicks, but I'm hoping to find a needle in a haystack here) I saw recently where a character overlays dialouge in a soliloquoy of sorts saying something to the effect of, "Did you ever wonder how different your life would be if you left ten minutes later for work, took a right instead of a left..." and so on and so on. I know "Sliding Doors" examined that idea in depth, but that's not the movie. I want to say Vanilla Sky, but I can't recall it specifically...plus, the individual who brought this up to me (and I swear I've seen the movie just can't place it) hasn't seen vanilla sky, so it is likely not that movie. ANyone????

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I was going to say sliding doors...now i dont know.

justme is offline Associate Member
    Could it be "Run Lola Run" or Momento ?

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Damn I know what you are talking about and I am sure it is a Tom Cruise movie. If it isn't Vanilla Sky what about the other one where he is a cop stopping murders before they happen.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    minority report?

Hell yeah, I think it might be minority report...i'm gonna have to watch it now. Rickson, I'm fairly certain it was a tom cruise flick too, so I think I'm on the right track.

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    Yup, Monority Report it was i think.... I watched it about a month ago at my boys gouse but it was late and I was to high so I could be wrong

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    if it was minority report it would have been the monologue that led into them picking up the guy who was going to stab his wife with the sissors

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    is vanilla sky a good movie? i have been debating on whether to see it or not,

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    i heard it was messed up....haven't seen it tho...i've refused to see a t.cruise movie since mission impossible..i'm still puking from that one

Symatech...it's one of my faves, not just as a great flick to watch, but as something to examine and deconstruct in a more academic sense. Knowing what I know about you, I'd think it was right up your alley. BTW, after you watch it, there's a thread in the lounge dedicated to a little analysis of the movie you might find interesting.

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    there are many great movies to watch and then analyze.

the matrix is always a favorite, wizard of oz, momento has already been mentioned.

lets have an AR movie night haha.

Yeah, the Matrix is sweet...especially analyzing it with philosophy jocks. After talking with them, you come away thinking the movie should have been called "Plato for the 20th Century"

BlocRoc is offline Member

Re: I really need to know this (somewhat obscure I think)

Originally posted by BigGreen
    Okay, there's a movie (and I know this is a theme that shows up in a whole lotta flicks, but I'm hoping to find a needle in a haystack here) I saw recently where a character overlays dialouge in a soliloquoy of sorts saying something to the effect of, "Did you ever wonder how different your life would be if you left ten minutes later for work, took a right instead of a left..." and so on and so on. I know "Sliding Doors" examined that idea in depth, but that's not the movie. I want to say Vanilla Sky, but I can't recall it specifically...plus, the individual who brought this up to me (and I swear I've seen the movie just can't place it) hasn't seen vanilla sky, so it is likely not that movie. ANyone????
    I know exactly what movie you're talking about. I dont think thinks it Vanilla Sky. I emailed my brother (a film major). I'll post the answer maybe later tonight!

l8

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by symatech
    is vanilla sky a good movie? i have been debating on whether to see it or not,
    I must say bro, after knowing you on this boards, i would say you would love that movie...one my favorties also.

BlocRoc is offline Member

Re: Re: I really need to know this (somewhat obscure I think)

Originally posted by BlocRoc

I know exactly what movie you're talking about. I dont think thinks it Vanilla Sky. I emailed my brother (a film major). I'll post the answer maybe later tonight!

l8
    The movie is:

MAGNOLIA

this weekend i think i will rent and watch vanilla sky then. Hope to be discussing it soon!

alright smyatech. we'll be looking foward to it

BlocRoc: Magnolia, huh? I'll have to check it out to be sure...but i'm still gonnna peep the beginning of minority report again to double check on that one. Thanks for the research. I'll let everyone know if this is in fact the case

Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    Donnie Darko...It isn't the movie you all are talking but it is trillions of times better fo sho.

Originally posted by Nathan
    Donnie Darko...It isn't the movie you all are talking but it is trillions of times better fo sho.
    my friend told me she loved that movie. she said it was weird as hell but she definately reccomended it to me. I think ill watch it this weekend also.

o my god, donnie darko had me bugged out for days. literally for a few days reality was almost too much for me to deal with. NEVER, under any circumstances- watch that movie on shrums.

LOL. Have you ever seen EVENT HORIZON? Ever see it on LSD? DONT! terrible living nightmare

Thread Information