Thread: My Wife Rules!!

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer

My Wife Rules!!

I just got home Tuesday from a mountain climbing trip to Mt. Rainier and when I got home my wife had bought me a complete B&W speaker system. The front channel speakers are custom cherry cabinets with titanium B&W stands. So, not only she give me my injections, cook my food, have my babies, she is now buying me serious toys!!

I do have to mention a few hours after she unveiled the speakers, she mentioned that she wanted a new Cadillac Escalade. She tried the"It will be safer for the baby" routine..Which will probably work since I am a sucker!!

Thought I would share this since I am home, bored, and on serious pain meds for my back that I injured on my trip falling into a crevasse..OOps!

Doc M
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Wife Rules!!-b-w0004.jpg  
    Last edited by Pete235; 04-04-2003 at 08:36 AM.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Very nice speakers.

Pain

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    1st - I hope all gets better quicker! The back sux! I hate mine!
    2nd - Kudo's to your wife! She sound like a great woman!
    3rd - Nothing is free!!!!!! LOL!
    My fiancee will try to butter me up with lovin or "baby this, baby that"! and of course...she gets what she wants!
    Hope you get better!

Rip..When you get married, it will only get worse..But, having a great wife I can tell you it's all worth it..Women are master's of the manipulation game!!lol!!

Doc M

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    Doc,
    Trust me I know this round 2 for me! Unfortunately I was young and stupid when I did it the 1st time, did it all for the wrong reasons! When I came to, I was like what the F* did I do! 7 years later we got the Divorce. This time I think I got a good woman, she wants to make me happy as apposed to my ex who's #1 was her! And Herself! and Her...you get the point. July 4th is the big day.

mammoth is offline Member
    * mammoth drooling *

Not because of the speakers but because you landed a rare gem. My wife won't even give me a back rub anymore! At least without not some sort of compensation! Nice speakers BTW!

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    I too am of the notion that I have the greatest wife in the world (as I have attested to many times on the board). However, I thought the following would fit in nicely with the spirit of this thread Here is what life is like for a man "before" and "after" marriage.
    Before....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Wife Rules!!-men%5Cs-life-before-marriage_1.jpg  

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    ....and after!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Wife Rules!!-men%5Cs-life-after-marriage_1.jpg  

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey bro, i have those as my rear speakers and the BIG B&W's for the fronts. Also have their 12' subwoofer. Awsome to watch a movie in surround sound! Enjoy them!

OG

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    Good one Pete!!! made ma laugh

Rip..I feel your pain brother..I made a very similiar mistake in my youth..Came to and thought the same thing as you..WTF?? But, live and learn..

We have been together for 6 years and she is almost 10 years younger than me and I am the happiest guy on earth..She dated me when I was still a very poor new Doctor and believe me I was freaking poor..The car I had you could literally see the road through the floorboard..It didn't even phase her so I knew she was a keeper!! Almost 7 years later things are much more prosperous but things are still like day one..Sounds like a sappy romance novel..

Mammoth..Yes, she is a rare gem..Tell your wife she needs to give a little more if she wants to get in return..Well, on second thought maybe you should keep quiet or she might punch your lights out and then you'll be ticked at me!

Doc M

Pete you are one funny guy..I had to let my wife see that and she is still laughing!!

OG..Yes, those are very nice..We already have a full B&W system in our movie room downstairs and that's why I am totally shocked she went out and bought the 5 speakers and 12 inch sub on her own..

We have a 15 inch sub and Nautilus 800's where we watch most of our movies. I have always been a speaker officianado and love to spend the bucks on this type of stuff..Women have diamonds, I have speakers..

Doc M
    Last edited by Doc M; 04-03-2003 at 02:53 PM.

Rich8888 is offline Member
    Yeah boy...I run B&W all around front center side and rears!!!!

Cali is offline Female Member
    I need a wife....

Farmer is offline Member
    Hey Doc M, you live in washington??? Or did you just make the visit for the climb??

Peace

Madmax is offline Senior Member
    movie room, WTF, i dont have a movie room, it must be from all those surgeries you perform, my wife wont even buy me a bottle of beer...man you are one lucky man to have such a nice wife.....maybe she can talk to mine and give her some pointers.....Madmax...

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Cali
    I need a wife....
    I can be yours if youre into that

BowFlex-er is offline Junior Member
    Those puppies gotta thump, How much watts do they have?

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    @ Pete! Those pics are hilarious!

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    Mt Ranier's nice. I board at crystal sometimes, but the weather was crappy this year.

I don't live in Washington, just made the trip for the climb. I love it out there though!!

And Max my brother..I will try to see what I can do about your wife not even buying you a bottle of beer.. Maybe when we hook up to get you squared away I can see if my wife can impart some of her wisdom!! lol

I think the truth be known is that she really wants that car and saw this as a way to soften me up..

Doc M

dansteelman is offline Member
    My wife is a good woman as well. Works 40 hours a week, stays in shape, loves to clean, and even puts out when I ask! I dont drink beer, but if i did i think she would bring it to me! However, I cook all the time, but Its cuz Her cooking doesnt appeal to me. Shes from the south and Im from the north...so we have two different styles of cooking...down home food is BLAH!

Originally posted by Doc M

I think the truth be known is that she really wants that car and saw this as a way to soften me up..

Doc M
    Hmmmmm....The sound of manipulation! My wife does the same exact thing! The crap never works for me though!

Here is an idea...all you people bragging and showing off about your wives, how about we get to see some pics of them huh?!

Originally posted by Terinox
    Here is an idea...all you people bragging and showing off about your wives, how about we get to see some pics of them huh?!
    What do you care? Our wives stand on two legs! j/k

Seriously though. My wife would never have it. To her the thought of having her photo posted on the internet is almost as bad as rape!

Originally posted by mammoth

What do you care? Our wives stand on two legs! j/k

Seriously though. My wife would never have it. To her the thought of having her photo posted on the internet is almost as bad as rape!
    Hmmm....well wut about just covering their faces, just like most members do with their photo's, they identities will be hidden. It will no longer be rape, it would just be something like perverted stalking. Or peeping tom, which is no where near as bad as rape.

tigress is offline Retired Female Moderator
    Originally posted by Cali
    I need a wife....
    OMG, I have been saying that for years!
    One today is worth two tomorrows.

I don't get it. Are you all lesbians? Or is that just some kind of joke? Meaning all guys suck ass, and you'd rather be with another girl

Thread Information