Got Gear? is offline Member

Question Anyone else been in trouble with the law before?

Was wondering who else out there has gotten themselves into trouble before, and how it ended up turning out.

I'll start with my story, you guys try to guess what I did.

I did something illegal/ broke the law. 9 months later I was arrested in a different city for this crime. I was detained, interogated, admitted to the crime, and was eventually let go. 6 months after my arrest, I receive a summons in the mail. Was facing 2 seperate charges with a max penalty of 19years. I got me a lawyer and we started the court thing. Over the period of the next year, I had to attend 12 different court appointments. And the case climbed the judicial system until eventually I was in SUPREME Court, with both a judge and jury. Court fees/lawyer fees at this point were quickly passing the $50,000 mark. Luckily for me I was broke and my lawyer was paid for by legal services. 2.5 years after the crime was commited, I finally had my last court appointment and received my offical punishment. A monitary fine, a few hundred community service hours, many years of probation were just some of my punishments. I'm still not allowed to own any weapons or a knife with a blade longer than 4". Hell, I could probably get picked up for having a pointy stick.

So what do you guys think I did? I'll post exactly what I did along with exactly what the punishment included in a few hours. Thought it'd be interesting to see what you guys think I did!

Awe shit! Of course I post this in the wrong forum. If a mod could move it for me that'd be great!

joe_capone is offline Member
    im guessing u sold juice to an undercover and u kinda beat the shit outta them coz theres a reason they wont let u use a knife blade whatever. so selling steroids to an undercover and resisting arrest with assult?? hmm i hope im right lol.

NEO-OEN is offline Associate Member
    Knowing some of Canada's fucked up laws you probably tried to defend yourself from a burglar\rapist that broke into your house, and because you protected you family you were charged with assault\attempted murder. See one thing that the laws believe in up here that I totally disagree with, is that no personal property is worth human life, I diasgree If someone breaks into your house with intent to harm you your family or your property we should be able to use any force necessary to defend ourselves. You boys in the States are lucky, you can kill an inturder in your house if you have to and then you can call the cops and get him dragged away. If we kill someone in our house we have to take em somewhere and burry em so we dont spend the rest of our lives in jail. Or like I said in the other thread GotGear, for 19 years you either

1.Badmouthed Hockey Night In Canada
    2.Got caught admitting to drinking Kokanee
    3.Said that Anne Murray is a Canadian legend
    4.Said that the NFL should play 3 downs like the CFL
    5.Said that Don Cherry's suits are too bright

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Never did prison time but over the years I have had my fair share of run ins with the law. Had my fair share of weekends to weeks at the county lock up. did probabtion number of times, community serivce, substance abuse programs, A.A. meetings, lost my license for over 4 years, the list goes on and on....
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Lol...

Kokanee is a Canadian beer.. don't know why I'd get in trouble for that one.

5-10 years ago everyone loved Don Cherry, nowadays his big mouth has pretty much pissed off everyone in Canada at least once. He's looseing popularity like crazy up here.

Dunno who Anne Murray even is!

And the NFL should adopt the CFL rules! Much better!

BUT ALAS.. none of those are what got me into trouble.
    And no, I wasn't protecting myself or my loved ones from a violent person.

Originally posted by abstrack
    Never did prison time but over the years I have had my fair share of run ins with the law. Had my fair share of weekends to weeks at the county lock up. did probabtion number of times, community serivce, substance abuse programs, A.A. meetings, lost my license for over 4 years, the list goes on and on....
    Sounds like you were a wild one in your younger years!

I'd cry if I lost my license!

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    my guess would be this:

You were hanging out in the local skanky bar somewhere in Canada. You chill, drink beer, talk to some ladies. All of the sudden you have some guy coming up to you and started talking shit because you have a "Got Gear?" logo on your shirt. The guy was previously scammed by some Canadian dude before and had a lot of rage against those build juiced up guys that actually had AAS in their possesion. So being drunk and all, the guy came up to you and said" Got Gear? Eh? You little piece of shit! I bet I could kick your ass anytime!" So you being all juiced up, sitting near a beautiful lady, tell him,"Aight bitch, lets take it outside...". Ya'll went outisde and started to fight, the fight lasted 52 seocnd because the guy being so drunked accidetnly tripped and fell on a broken bottle. The cops showed up and tried to arrest you because they thought you tried to kill the guy, but you being youn, ugly and dumb, decided that you are innocent and with all this adrenaline running through your body you do a Jacki Chan move one them. 9 months later, on the run from the law you get caught...

Am I correct???

Oh shit...I was wrong I guess...

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    assaut? wait! B&E!

tell us!

Originally posted by tolinka
    Oh shit...I was wrong I guess...
    Yup

I like the story tho! Makes me sound like a "good guy"!

Originally posted by Got Gear?

Yup

I like the story tho! Makes me sound like a "good guy"!
    glad you liked it...sorry for calling you "young, ugly, and dumb" but after all thats what it say in your profile

Ok. os are you gonna tell us what happened or what?

Dood, have you tasted Kokanee? Is makes oral winstrol taste like Lemonade.
    Don Cherry is supposed to piss us off.
    4 downs Kick Ass!

But really, what did ya do?

Alright.. I'll break..

I blew up a couple of mailboxes on halloween night when I was 19yo. 1 pipe bomb, multiple mailboxes.

Yeah, a dumb thing to do!

Couldn't believe how seriously the judicial system took it! That's why I admitted to the crime in the first place. I figured it'd be easier to admit to it and pay the fine. Turns out I was way wrong.

Blowing up mail is a federal offense!

Cop told me "If you have the choice between stealing a mail truck and a cop car, take the cop car..it'll get you in less trouble".

My court case was "Got Gear vs. Victoria". I was like "Who the heck is Victoria? 1 of the people who's mail got blown up?" And my lawyer just looks at me and says "Uhh.. Queen Victoria.. as in the Queen's mail.." That's when i knew I was in trouble!

<--- Bad ass MO-FO! Don't mess with me or your mail gets it!

Brutha, feel free to blow up my mailbox anytime! nothing but freaking bills in there anyway. Well im glad you didn't get any time. Besides to hell with the queen, what has she done for us lately? hahah

dude how did expect us to guess it? Very original though....lol i love it...u can evben blow up my car, piece of shit just gives me trouble

Here's what I did end up getting:

Conditional Discharge (no official record, no jail time)
    $1400 fine for the mailboxes (damn I got into the wrong business!)
    240 community service hours
    5 years probation (includes the no weapons thing)

But seriously... 19 years I got charged with for blowing up some mailboxes!! 1 charge alone was 14 years! I almost couldn't get a conditional discharge because the Cdn criminal code says that if your facing a charge with a max penalty of 14years or more, you CANNOT get a conditional discharge. We had to get the charge lowered to one with a lesser penalty so that I could then get the conditional discharge.

Yeesh! I was doing community service with guys who had been charged with agrevated assault and grand theft auto.. they were doing 40 or 50 hours! Yet I get 240 for mailboxes!

dude how did expect us to guess it? Very original though....lol i love it...u can evben blow up my car, piece of shit just gives me trouble
    heh heh... wasn't really expecting you guys to guess it. Nobody thinks "19 years for blowing up mailboxes"

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    buddy we gotta hang out some time!!

Boxer101 is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by Got Gear?

Nobody thinks "19 years for blowing up mailboxes"
    true, but then again, I bet those kids in Brandon, FL didn't expect to get sentenced to jail for however many years (I believe they are still there) for stealing a stop sign that eventually led to a Semitruck running the intersection and killing some people in a car.

Shit just kinda happens when the pranks go down.... Still sounds like you're right up my alley with some of the things we used to do.

hybrid is offline Member
    Pranks do have a way of catching up with you. It gets kind of funny when you have to be strict with your kids about stuff that you yourself did as a kid. I have a hard time doing it with a straight face and that's knowing that what we did as kids was worse than what my boy is doing now. I guess that's how it works.

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    Holy shit bro good thing i've never been caught lol I am not going to post some of the shit i've done But fuck the canadian law needs a make over bad. Some breaks into ur house gets hurt and u get sued. WTF! its bullshit if u ask me.

bOBeRt is offline New Member
    LMAO, that's great. Instead of a Pipe Bomb though, u should see how bad u can rip apart a mail box with some chlorine, sugar and water BTW, how'd they end up catching you?

Thanks,
    bOB

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    K, well I dunno how old that thread is, and so I read the first post, but did not read the rest, and can't see any of the other posts you made. My guess is that you killed someone, as second degree murder, because it was an accident, or you killed someone as self defence.

I will now scroll up and see if I was right

Originally posted by Terinox
    K, well I dunno how old that thread is, and so I read the first post, but did not read the rest, and can't see any of the other posts you made. My guess is that you killed someone, as second degree murder, because it was an accident, or you killed someone as self defence.

I will now scroll up and see if I was right

Okay, after reading what you actually did, I'm just shocked. That is FUCKED UP. I'm ashamed to be Canadian right now In the U.S. if you murdered someone, and it was like second degree or something, you probably wouldn't even get so much heat

But damn, this is fucked up, seriously, they wanted to put you away for 19 years?! What was your plea? What did you tell them NOT to throw you away?

Okay, after reading what you actually did, I'm just shocked. That is FUCKED UP. I'm ashamed to be Canadian right now In the U.S. if you murdered someone, and it was like second degree or something, you probably wouldn't even get so much heat

But damn, this is fucked up, seriously, they wanted to put you away for 19 years?! What was your plea? What did you tell them NOT to throw you away?
    Lol.. yeah pretty screwed up!

I ended up pleaing guilty to a "mischief property damage" charge.

My lawyer thinks it was a rookie cop who arrested me and filed the original report. It made me out to be a potential "serial bomber" and the lawyer said he interrogated me like I was a terrorist or something.

Then we got a cuntwad of a prosecution attorney. That's why we ended moving up to Supreme court. My attorney was pissed cause they wouldn't budge on a potential 19year sentence. The Cdn Criminal code says somewhere that "if the max possible sentence is x many years or more, the defence can opt for Supreme court with or without jury".

My lawyer just said "fuck it, they wanna play hardball we'll play hardball" You shoulda seen the look on that judges face! "We're here because this kid did what?" They had brought in a bunch of cops, some "explosives experts", some witnesses, and scheduled a whole afternoon of court time. I hate to think about how much that cost us tax payers.

Luckily it lasted about 3 minutes before the judge pulled the prosecution attorney into his office and gave him a talking to. Funny.. next thing you know he's willing to make a deal!

Here in Texas, they would lynch your ass

Here in Texas, they would lynch your ass
    Wha?

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    underage drinking, felony assault, poss. of fake identification, criminal mischief, public drunkenness, disorderly persons. <-one of the worst nights of my life.

Thread Information