tolinka is offline Senior Member

this is absolut bullshit

no fucking way! blood cant be blue! all this 18 years i thought that blood that flows through my veins is red and not blue according to my little annoying cousin and friend. I strongly disagree with that statement. Period.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

bro we learned this way back

in 7th grade health class,haha.it's true

palme is offline Rosie Member
    If your royalty your blood is blue...tolinka cut yourself and see what color you have

I know its red when it gets out of your bodu, something with the oxygen mixing with it....but i heard its blue when its in the bodu... It cant be...

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    LOL, yup it only turns red when it hit air I guess, or a certain amount of air.

Pain

adaptations is offline Member
    When o2 hits your blood it turns it red....

palme is offline Rosie Member
    When we get a cut or scrape, the blood we see is red because blood from the open wound mixes with oxygen in the air and instantly turns red. But the blood flowing in our veins is actually a darker, purplish color.
    Blood gets its bright red color when hemoglobin picks up oxygen as it passes through the lungs. The blood is then carried back to the heart to be pumped into the arteries and out to every part of the body. As blood travels through the body, hemoglobin releases oxygen to the tissues. When oxygen is released from hemoglobin, the blood turns blue again and returns to the veins to travel back to the lungs and start the cycle all over.

roch is offline Member
    dude look at your arms, what color is it? do you think your skin is changing it? simple as that. this same subject threw me off too man, I know how you feel right now. well almost, now you have to suck it up to your cousin and tell him he was right. goodluck with that.

Damnit, after all this years me beliving that blood was read, it all goes to nothing. After doing some questioning of people I got mixed resluts, tried to look it on the internet and couldnt find it. Oh weell I guess I will have to rely on your word.

Soon you will be saying that human heart is located in my stomach, and that our life isnt real and we are all in a "virtual" world and that we can bend spoons and run faster then we believe we can, and that the real world is controled by machines who feed of human race...

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    look at what color your veins are through your skin bro..........if your blood was actually red, the veins and arteries would be also.......

peace IFL79

HeartDocMD is offline AR Medical Advisor
    This is actually a myth. Blood is RED...both inside your body and outside your body....it is bright red when it is oxygenated and a darker red when it's lacking oxygen. Deoxygenated blood just LOOKS blue because you're seeing it through your skin.

Here I dug this up for you guys...

"Longer, redder wavelengths, though, can penetrate more deeply into the skin than shorter, bluer wavelengths before reflecting out. A vein looks blue because red light travels far enough into the skin to be absorbed by the blood in the vein. If the blood vessel is far enough below the skin, however, blue light--which would normally also be absorbed by the vein--reflects out of the skin before reaching the vein. So the light reflecting from tissue over the vein contains less red light than blue, giving the vein a bluish cast."

Originally posted by palme
    When we get a cut or scrape, the blood we see is red because blood from the open wound mixes with oxygen in the air and instantly turns red. But the blood flowing in our veins is actually a darker, purplish color.
    Blood gets its bright red color when hemoglobin picks up oxygen as it passes through the lungs. The blood is then carried back to the heart to be pumped into the arteries and out to every part of the body. As blood travels through the body, hemoglobin releases oxygen to the tissues. When oxygen is released from hemoglobin, the blood turns blue again and returns to the veins to travel back to the lungs and start the cycle all over.
    Well...partially true...once again, blood is NEVER EVER blue however, your are correct about the hemoglobin. The color of blood comes from the red blood cells (RBC's, also called erythrocytes), which make up about 40% of blood, by volume. Each red blood cell is filled with hemoglobin, the protein which carries oxygen to tissues and carbon dioxide away from tissues. Hemoglobin carries oxygen by using heme, a large ring-like molecule which has at its center a single atom of iron, which is what actually binds to the oxygen. When oxygen binds to the iron atom in heme, the iron changes its shape slightly, which alters the resonance of the heme molecule. This new resonance gives off a different frequency of light, so the perceived color of the heme goes from dark red to bright red. When the oxygen is released into the tissues, the iron goes back to its original shape, and the heme returns to its normal resonance, so the color goes back from scarlet to maroon.

So yea...once again...blood is always red.

hey Doc. thanks for backing me up here infront of al this propagnadists(is there such word?)

roch is offline Member
    well tolinka, let me be the first to say I was wrong and I'm sorry for giving you incorrect information. can you forgive me? I'm gonna go bone up on my anatomy now...

sorry again,

Lostsoul is offline Associate Member
    thanks for clearing that up Doc, i was about to put up a post to ask why veins are blue, but this post seemed to answer that quite well.

I never thought blood was blue, but i never really thought about it.

Ozzy is offline Senior Member
    Sheet...............I just cut myself on purpose to see what color I bleed and it's black..................Is this because I am the prince of darkness ?

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    interesting stuff doc, i stand corrected.

peace IFL79

Thread Information