Big Rush is offline The Juice Man

Need info.!!! Portable MP3 player "belt" to hold it while I work out?? Any ideas.....

I'm thinking of purchasing a new mp3 player to use while working out and running. I really don't like the "arm bands"....what I really want is something compact and sleek that will go around my waste and hold the mp3 player.....anyone know of any websites??? i tried to find this on my own but could only come up with CD player "belts".....I don't even know what you would call this.....Oh ya, I found something that clips onto a belt, but I NEVER wear a belt in the gym so those will not work....

I'm leaning towards the "Archos Jukebox" style mp3 player...any recommendations????
    Last edited by Big Rush; 04-05-2003 at 02:39 PM.

bump

bigtraps is offline Member
    I have a Rio..It comes with the arm band, but this one conects to the arm band with a clip that is part of the actual MP3 player. So if you wanted you could just hook the player to your shorts. Not use the arm band.

YZFR6 is offline Associate Member
    I have the Rio too, I clip it right to my shorts no problems. I just keep slicing my headphone wires with dumbells.

dirty bird is offline New Member
    I have an iriver. it has a strap to go around my neck alittle annoying at first, but you get used to it.

hybrid is offline Member
    www.nathansports.com/

Nathansports.com has some specialty running music packs. I have one for my MP3. It is made out of neoprene and is small.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    There is one by Samsung it is a YEPP. It comes with a good clip and it holds it nice and secure to the waist of your pants/shorts. If you get to your nearest Future Shop/Best Buy (in the US I think) They have just been recently discontinued and have dropping about $100 in price. They are great.

There is also one by RCA it is blue and is also upgradable. It is the same price as the Samsung YEPP and it also comes with a clip.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Get an iPod. Apple makes a Mac and PC version.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Originally posted by Carlos_E
    Get an iPod. Apple makes a Mac and PC version.
    too much $$$

Originally posted by hybrid
    www.nathansports.com/

Nathansports.com has some specialty running music packs. I have one for my MP3. It is made out of neoprene and is small.

hey bro thanks for the link but it does not work....you may want to re-check that....

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    I have the RCA Gazooo which is small and has a neck band, or arm or wrist band even comes with a plastic belt clip and plastic protector sleeve, I love mine. The only problem I have is that my bi's are soo big I can't put the arm band around my arm when I work out, cuts my circulation off.

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    I got the Rio and I love it

beltclip works great

has an FM receiver in it

and its got an upgradable memory

Does everyone find that 128 mb is sufficient? I am leaning towards 128mb w/ expandable memory which would make it 256 mb....any thoughts?

YZFR6 is offline Associate Member
    I have the rio... started with 64mb and I just got a 256 chip for it.. would have gotten the 512 but I couldnt find one. I used to get about 12-15 songs on there I now have 57 on it at the moment, much nicer.

I use an Irock and swear by it... bunch of bros at the gym also got some after seeing mine.

https://www.myirock.com/players/irock530.htm

It's small enough that I leave it in my shorts pockets... has 128mb built in and will accept a 128mb SmartMedia card, sounds great and lasts forever on a AAA battery.

Only drawback is that the earphones that came with it suck ass... but thats no biggie.

Ordered an Irock 520 about a year ago off them and absolutely love it. They are small and look flimsy, but it's survived a year of being smacked by 45lbs plates and heavy dumbells and is still going strong.

Red

Thread Information