Mr.gH is offline Associate Member

Arrow Todays youth and the mistakes they make.

It seems to me a large amount of debate goes back and forth on this board about anyone using steriods under the age of 25. I'm not condoning nor am I supporting this but I think it raises an intersting issue.
    I don't know about you guys, but when I went to highschool and college the majority of the people I hung out with and knew all did drugs of some sort. Just about everyone drank alcohol, most smoked weed. Then the more hardcore were using extasy, coke, acid, etc. Either way you get the picture and probably experienced something like it yourself.
    So what am I getting at??
    Well it's clear today's youth is using drugs, so is it worse to see them using drugs that simply ruin their minds and bodies, or drugs that improve their bodies??
    Something I often consider is, should we shun the younger crowd for asking for advice about steriods if it means they will simply use them unsafely?? For example I saw a post today that indicated that an individual had not ever aspirated before injecting....
    Thats just scary to me.
    Should we hold it against them that their drug of choice is steriods rather then coke?? That they aspire to have impressive bodies rather then killing brain cells? Sure it's easy to say both are bad, but the bottom line is that kids today are looking to get high, plain and simple. This is way it has been, and the way it will always be.
    Personally I don't know whats worse, any drug that is abused can be deadly. And drug use at any age is unwise, so I guess I really dont have an answer prepared. More or less I'm just looking to see what kind of opinion you guys have on this topic.

mammoth is offline Member
    Well, I personally feel that if you start to make excuses as to why you support such issues you will do nothing but make the issue worse. The more leniant you are about a issue the more it becomes abused. Take teenage drug use for instance. When I was in high school, the worst drug you would probably find was acid, with mabye a few people doing X. Nowadays Coke, Heroin, X, and others are more commonly found in high school as the drug of choice. What is this due to? Simply because the issues aren't as taboo as they once were. If you start supporting teen steroid use more then the issue will become more common and people will no longer look at it as a serious issue. I agree that it is better for a tennager to use steroids than drugs, but I don't think that teenagers as a whole are making a distinctive choice. I see posts all the time asking "Is it ok if I do X while on a cycle". So I don't think that teens are substituting one thing for another. I just think that they are adding to the pile. I would probably have had a different opinion while is was younger but when I look back on what I did when I was a teenager I regret about 90% of it. When I say that I don't think teens should do steroids then I am simply stating that, knowing from what I have been through, I refuse to support what I did as a youth. There are plenty of resources out there that explain when, what , where, how, and why on steroids, and to think that any teen can't reasonably get proper information without contacting the naysayers is just ingorant. If you are a teen and you are wanting info on a cycle you want to do then I say go elsewhere. Another reason that I don't supprt it is because this board in particular does not need the reputation of catering to teenagers when it comes to steroids.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I agree with Mammoth. Your argument is based on the fact that we should have to choose supporting steroid use over other drugs. I don't support teenagers using any drug period not prescribed by a doctor. I also think by giving teenagers advice on steroid use we are condoning it. I think in most cases drugs like Marijuana and alcohol (if they don't drive) would probably be less harmful then steroids if used moderately at least in terms of possible long term effects. Teenagers can view this board and use the search button to find out anything they want but I am not giving info on how to do an illegal drug to a minor.
    Last edited by Rickson; 04-18-2003 at 03:44 PM.

novicemarine is offline Junior Member
    So, what do you guys consider a teenager? Surely you can't say 25 is the cutoff... Adolescence has taken it's toll at roughly 21 and that's in extreme cases.

I had exrays done when I was 14 (I was roughly 6'0" at the time and the doc told me my growth plate was almost solid shut). This had all come about because we were concerned about the healing of some very serious injuries. I've grown an inch and some change. Point blank, I know I'm genetically ready, but I'm still holding out for a better understanding. I want to know EVERYTHING before I do ANYTHING.

So, where do most of you draw the line? Most of my friends (a few of them started early, 17ish... and let me tell you, wrecklessly, because they weren't informed.) they didn't take clomids... or anything... all they did was completely based on what their suppliers told them to do. I just had one friend tell me that inhalers were a good source of clen . He's pretty sharp so, maybe there's some truth in there, but it doesn't sound like something one of you guys would recommend to me.

Now, as a level headed guy, I'm going to sit down and do my homework for a few years before I even touch anything. But surely you guys can't hold out until I'm 25! Here's the thing, kids-more importantly-teens are going to do what they're going to do. You all know that. So, when I'm in your shoes, I'll do my best to talk them out of it. But if it's just got to happen, it may as well be done right. And you never know how many people just lie about their age when signing up.

ps could someone set me straight on the inhaler thing, please? it sounded ridiculous but maybe that's what I would've gone off of if you guys weren't here.
    Last edited by novicemarine; 04-18-2003 at 02:55 PM.

Perhaps I was unclear in my opening post. I'm not arguing that teens should use steriods instead of other drugs. And I would have to agree that yseem to be using steriods in addition to other drugs. What I was wondering was if you guys thought using juice was worse then these other drugs. But so far the feedback has been pretty good. I hope it continues.

mammoth is offline Member
    Originally posted by Mr.gH
    Perhaps I was unclear in my opening post. I'm not arguing that teens should use steriods instead of other drugs. And I would have to agree that yseem to be using steriods in addition to other drugs. What I was wondering was if you guys thought using juice was worse then these other drugs. But so far the feedback has been pretty good. I hope it continues.
    It all depends on how you look at it. Heres a scenario: Lets say a 18 your old guy has to make a decision between narcotics or steroids . Both narcotics and steroids have short and long term side effects. Narcotics (at an early age) can occupy valuable time that otherwise could be spent on building a healthy foundation of life. For instance, If you spend all my time getting fucked up I am going to forget about all the important stuff in life such as school, friends, and family. Now I know that alot of you will say that it is not always like that but I am speaking in terms of statistics. Statistics have shown that drug use leads to laziness in general. The long term effect of this is that later in life there is extreme regret. Teens who involve themselves in such activity generally regret the lost dedication that they should have used to spend towards building that foundation, thus making it more difficult later in life. This is just one of many long term side effects of drug use. Now lets look at gear. A teen who decides to use gear could affect there growth in many different ways. Also the lack of knowledge that many teens have could lead to many problems as well. Maturity plays a big role in the lack of knowledge. Teenagers typically don't hold the fear that keeps alot of people from pushing there bodies past the edge. This leads to complications and could possibly lead to death. In comparison, I would say that steroids is harmless if the person has the knowledge to coorectly implement them. So if I were a 18 year old HAVING to make a decision I would choose gear. HOWEVER, this does not mean that the previous statement is to be used a means of justification. The comparision between narcotics and steroids always tends to be brought whenever teens talk about using gear, but it is only just a justification as to why they should use them.

As far as the age cut-off is concerned, it really is not so much a cut-off as much as a maturity issue. I think that there are some 30 year olds who shouldn't use gear simply because of lack of knowledge and refusal to obtain such knowledge. A good example of ignorance is the statement made by one of novicemarines friends who said that inhalers are a good source for clenbuterol . No, inhalers typically have albuterol in them. It is misinformation such as this that causes problems. What if the same guy gave the wrong information about insulin use or T3 use. Insulin can easily kill, and T3 can cause a permanent shutdown of the thyroid. If you are a teenager and you are just simply stuck on the idea of using juice, the very least you could do is research like hell and get your facts straight before you try anything. Remember though, don't bring you questions here because more than likely you are going to get shut down and sometimes even flamed. Thanks for reading this long and drawn out post!

Excellent reply mamoth. That was very well thought out, and very well said. Another very intresting point of view. Thnanks for sharing. Anyone else have a different opinion??

Thread Information