Thread: 24 Hour Fitness

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator

24 Hour Fitness

Nothing against anybody who trains there, but what in the hell is this all about?!?!?!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 24 Hour Fitness-fitness.jpg  

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    And don't say it's because of leg day, because if that were true there would only be a down escalator. I think this is a very funny picture!

BlocRoc is offline Member
    Could it be for CANADIANS only, if it is in Canada? J/k, not talking shit about canada.

Maybe for those people that think the gym is intimidating!

LOL

L8

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Didn't that photo come up a while ago (two months, maybe) and a number of people seemed to indicate that it was a clever photoshop. I'm no expert, but the shadows don't seem to "Jive", ie, the shadows cast by the escalator look realistic enough, but at the same angle wouldn't the building itself cast be casting a rather large shadow that would all but cover the entirety of the escalators?

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    LMAO, I am sending that picture to all of my friends that I use to work with at 24 Hour Fit. That is too funny. Just for the record, my gym did not have one of those. I would bet money, that the gym in that picture is in California.

calidude is offline Senior Member
    I think its for handicapped people ???

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah thats pretty funny...and pathetic.

How lazy is are society becoming?? I heard there's a personal trainer in Florida that has a gym on wheels. He drives his 16-wheeler trailer to his wealthy clients house and parks out front. Apparantly this guy's idea is pretty successful considering his reputation is spreading quickly. Just think...within the next 20 yrs or so we might not even have to leave our house for anything...everything will be done by the click of a button. Work can be done by computers and robots will bring us whatever we need. How far-fetched this may sound, its very likely...Sorry to go off topic!...US

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by usualsuspect
    [Bwithin the next 20 yrs or so we might not even have to leave our house for anything...everything will be done by the click of a button. Work can be done by computers and robots will bring us whatever we need. How far-fetched this may sound, its very likely...Sorry to go off topic!...US [/B]
    UsualSuspect....I too am frightened of the fact that robots might someday carry out our day-to-day menial tasks. If movies like Terminator, the Matrix, and Dumb&Dumber have taught us anything, it's that the machines will rise! I would not, however, be opposed to monkey butlers carrying out these chores in perpetuity...there is no movie...not one whatsoever...that gives any indication that the monkeys, let alone "apes" might one day rise up and dominate us humans...uh uh.

BlocRoc is offline Member
    Uhh....Its real. Its the Point Loma facility

http://www.24hourfitness.com/db/club..._clb_num=00103

Check out the link and take a look!

L8

mammoth is offline Member
    I think that place is just in a strip mall and those aren't specific for 24hr Fitness.

Actually that is my gym. I had them build those for me, and what you don't see is the 20 or so swimsuit models that lay out a red carpet and throw rose pedals at my feet when I arrive. I also have a small band that plays my theme music as I arrive. Hmmmmm.......

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    But if that is a real picture, wouldn't the escalators get ruined if it rained?

Originally posted by BlocRoc

L8
    San Diego, CA I should have known. lol

calidude is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Terinox
    But if that is a real picture, wouldn't the escalators get ruined if it rained?
    No here in Vegas there are tons of escalators outside (i.e. in front of New York, New York and Ceasars Palace).

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by BlocRoc

L8
    heh guess its not photoshoped!
    and i thought our gym having a bowl of candy at the entrance was ironic...wow.

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    Lmao ! note how fit the people entering the gym look in tha pic...

Steele is offline Member
    allright i have a confession. I work and workout at golds gym, but have a 24hr fitness membership just in case i feel like seeing tits and ass!!!

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    it just shows how lazy humans have become

gives me an idea,i will open a gym that the trainers do the lifting while the "customers" watch. that way they can get the benefits of exercise but not even have to break a sweat...of course i will have golf carts in parking lot so they dont have to walk to the esculators

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by PTbyJason
    I would bet money, that the gym in that picture is in California.
    Damn it J!!! No bashing the lazy Cali people. Although 24hr fitness you can bash all you want. That wannabe "gym" is what made me start working out at home. I guess the people don't wanna work up a sweat before they enter the meat market.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I like 24 Hour Fitness. I have worked out in a few states in their gyms and I have really liked the atmosphere more than any other. Nice tall ceilings, bright colors, working/new equipment - hot chicks. Shit... the area I live now, there are like 15-20 locations from Fitness to Sporting level... I hope they keep spreading out even more so everywhere I go there is one to use... just my opinion though...

The worst gyms IMO are those home town big fitness clubs that are frickin' huge but have nothing. They cost about $100/month and you get shit. 24 Hour Fitness uses [and plans] their gym space well and is reasonably priced for what you get.

Originally posted by RON

Damn it J!!! No bashing the lazy Cali people. Although 24hr fitness you can bash all you want. That wannabe "gym" is what made me start working out at home. I guess the people don't wanna work up a sweat before they enter the meat market.
    I have to go with Warrior on this one. I have nothing against 24 hour fitness, (nor CA for that matter) it just looked like something that would be in CA for some reason.

And since I have sent a link to this post to my old Manager at 24 Hour Fitness. If you read this far down, can you get in touch with corporate and require all members to go down on the up escalator and up on the down escalator in order to get a better workout?

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    I guess its just the 24 hour where I live. Or maybe cause I'm used to Golds. I found it really hard to get a good workout in it because it had too much of a social atmosphere. There would be 3 or 4 people always sitting on the bench next to me talking while I was trying to do bench. Always made it too damn hard to concentrate

androplex is offline Donating Member
    hi

Thread Information