monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin

dead baby jokes or no?

I want to post a thread of some of my favorite dead baby jokes that i've collected over the past year or so.... any objections? I'll definately post a warning in the subject line.

so try it or no?

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I dont know bro...

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    No....I find no humor in that shit.....but if you do do it make sure there is a disclamier in the title for peple like me do not click on it....

peam is offline Suspended
    I vote no.... I don't think that would even be funny.

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    I have never heard any dead baby jokes so i dont know just like palme...you can IM me with one and i wil ltell you

Got Gear? is offline Member
    People need to learn how to take a fucking joke.

Even if you don't find it funny, there's no reason why he shouldn't be able to post it. You'd have to be a frickin idiot to not understant that he's joking and not serious.

"Don't post it because I don't like that shit" is censorship at it's finest.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Well, I do understand it being a joke! But holding my 7 week old little boy and visualizing him dead does not in any way seem humorous to me! So if you do post please put a warning in the title, so pig headed censoring a-hole FATHERS like myself won't read it!

mammoth is offline Member
    I agree with you BIG TEXAN.

Got Gear: If I have to learn to take a fucking joke then why don't you teach me what is so fucking funny about a dead baby!

I only laugh at jokes in good taste, therefore I must not be able to take a fucking joke!
    Last edited by mammoth; 04-09-2003 at 02:52 PM.

Originally posted by mammoth
    I agree with you BIG TEXAN.

Got Gear: If I have to learn to take a fucking joke then why don't you teach me what is so fucking funny about a dead baby!

I only laugh at jokes in good taste, therefore I must not be able to take a fucking joke!
    I agree.....most jokes are funny but when you start fucking with kids that is not funny....

"Don't post that shit becasue I don't like it"....is fuckin right!

Oh monstercojones, please take no offense to my statement. I thank you for having the descency to ask about this matter before you started posting them.

razor67 is offline Banned
    what i find funny is that you actually COLLECT dead baby jokes.:

Originally posted by BIG TEXAN
    Oh monstercojones, please take no offense to my statement. I thank you for having the descency to ask about this matter before you started posting them.
    I would also like to second this....thanks for having the respect to ask the AR board before you posted....

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    no prob. ill keep it to PM's and IM.

I don't think I've heard a dead baby joke before, and I also can't imagine how it would be funny... BUT!

We joke about gyno.. yet many of us have spent a few sleepless nights worried about it.

We joke about "shooting protestors".. yet I highly doubt any if you would laugh if you saw footage of a US protestor being shot.

How many jokes out there involve husbands/wives cheating on their significant others? Yet I'm sure none of you would find it funny if it was your partner that was cheating..

BIG TEXAN: It's OK to post a joke about someone's wife cheating, shooting protestors, and running over the neighbourhood cat. But posting a joke that involves a dead baby is taboo?

My point is that the majority of jokes out there could be found offensive if the reader chooses to take it that way. The readers need to either find offence in all offensive material or not take offense at a joke at all.

P.S. Like I said I have no idea what a dead baby joke is, but I have a feeling they go something like this:

Q) What do you do when you see a dead-baby?
    A) Call a waaambulance. (lame yes)

I highly doubt the jokes go into detail about how the baby became dead or how to kill babies.

Originally posted by Got Gear?
    I don't think I've heard a dead baby joke before, and I also can't imagine how it would be funny... BUT!

We joke about gyno.. yet many of us have spent a few sleepless nights worried about it.

We joke about "shooting protestors".. yet I highly doubt any if you would laugh if you saw footage of a US protestor being shot.

How many jokes out there involve husbands/wives cheating on their significant others? Yet I'm sure none of you would find it funny if it was your partner that was cheating..

BIG TEXAN: It's OK to post a joke about someone's wife cheating, shooting protestors, and running over the neighbourhood cat. But posting a joke that involves a dead baby is taboo?

My point is that the majority of jokes out there could be found offensive if the reader chooses to take it that way. The readers need to either find offence in all offensive material or not take offense at a joke at all.

P.S. Like I said I have no idea what a dead baby joke is, but I have a feeling they go something like this:

Q) What do you do when you see a dead-baby?
    A) Call a waaambulance. (lame yes)

I highly doubt the jokes go into detail about how the baby became dead or how to kill babies.
    GG - You have a very valid point. I can only speak on behalf, in the sense, a dead baby joke is wrong just becasue I feel they are defense less. They are new to the world and anything about a baby is wrong that is used in a negative tone towrds them. They represent new life and not many people like to think of babies dieing (even though it happens). It's just one of those things that I don't like to read about.

The great thing about this board is everyone has an opinion...you stressed yours and I respect that....now that I voiced mine....I hope you can respect it.

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member
    I wanna hear

Got Gear- First off, sorry if it sounded like I was jumping on you. Most if not all jokes can be found offensive, in a way that's what makes them funny. I can and have taken all jokes lightly, but when they come to things that are distastefull especially involving sexual acts or killing of children and babies, I cannot in any fashion find humor, now refering back to the corny waaambulance joke, something like that can be blown off. I was refering to more disturbing or sickly jokes about babies. I understand your point but still stand firmly behind mine. I too used to tell all sorts of sick jokes, but as you will find out one day, now that I'm a parent of 2 children my views on matters have drastically changed, I believe, for the better. All I'm asking is that if he, or anyone else wishes to create posts of such materail to please title them accordingly so that people such as myself will not read them.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Topic like this can be quite controversial of course. The board does have rules however, such as against flaming and against nudity on the board. However, some things, like jokes and such do not really have rules, however, in cases like this, Monster did an excellent job of asking FIRST what people thought about it. This board is all about the members, and therefore, it is important to do what the majority feel appropriate, and just not post things that would generally be offensive to the majority, mostly out of respect. This is different than other topics such as war, personal opinions, etc., and it's clear how it's different!

I personally don't mind too much about jokes/nudity and stuff like that, but when it comes to the good of the board, and the majority, it is for the best. And therefore, since people object, best not to post it. Wise choice Monster

Also, anytime someone does make such a post as this (if they are not sure about whether people will like it or not) make SURE to have a CLEAR description in the title! I hate it when I read threads like "Hey check this out!" and you don't know if it's about the war, if it's about jokes, or if it's a picture of some HUGE peice of SHIT in the toilet!!!
    Last edited by Terinox; 04-10-2003 at 10:09 AM.

Originally posted by Terinox
    or if it's a picture of some HUGE peice of SHIT in the toilet!!!

That WAS sick...yet funny.

Ya know Terinox....it's pretty damn hard to read your posts with a serious outlook on it especially when it's coming from a cute little pony. Just ribbing ya bro.

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    To be honest, I didnt like the baby jokes mcojones sent me, not cause they were nasty, more of stupid, and tasteless, maybe its just me or I dont get American humor.

Originally posted by Butch
    The great thing about this board is everyone has an opinion...you stressed yours and I respect that....now that I voiced mine....I hope you can respect it.
    Totally respect your opinion bro.

Sometimes I get the fealing that you can never please everyone and that people as a whole need to relax a little. Let the water run off instead of letting it soak in and making you miserable.. that kinda deal. You know what I mean?

Big Texan: I understand where your comming from bro and don't feel like your picking on me or anything like that. I also don't enjoy seeing stuff posted that I don't agree with. Just about everyone does. There comes a point when the user must realize that just because it's not against the rules, doesn't mean it should be posted.

monstercojones clearly used good discretion by asking before he posted these jokes.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    I remember hearing those "dead baby jokes" in grade school...com'on now

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Originally posted by razor67
    what i find funny is that you actually COLLECT dead baby jokes.:

LMFAO...you just made my night with that comment bro! LOL....pretty sad eh?

Thread Information