Thread: Big Boys do cry

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator

Big Boys do cry

Ok, be honest. How many people have cried during certain movies? Any movies in particular come to mind? I'll go first:

Rudy - When he was accepted into Notre Dame and when he was carried off the field

Field of Dreams - When Ray (Kevin Costner) asked his father if he wanted to have a catch

Philadelphia - the ending

ann
    ann is offline Female Member
    The Long Green Mile.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Wuss

Mike Guest
    Oh my god funny you should mention that - yeah Rudy got me very close to crying - I think I teared up a bit - god one of my favs definitely.

Ok here's one I have to admit - this movie hit home pretty personally and I was stoned and a little drunk at the time i watched it so I would like to jsutify it that way But I cried my EYES OUT when I watched "Family Man"....I know I know....go easy no flaming

I am man enough to admit it

peaker is offline Senior Member
    I admit it i've done it! .....a number of times

peaker

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    numerous times during "for love of the game". that one hits close to home. i lived that same story in college.

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    lets just say theres been points where i have not not cried

Girly men.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't what your talking about. Ok Ok E.T. I cried for E.T. .....ok and a couple others .......all right all right a lot of them. Im just a sensitive guy

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Rudy is a real tear jerker.

Although, I don't really actually cry at movies, my eyes get watery...but some instinct I have takes over and keeps it from running down my face.

One thing that really made me cry...I know Arthur...this is "OFF TOPIC", but once you hear it, you'll know why. The last time I really and truly cried was when they were having memorials and gatherings after the 9-11 events. Specifically when they showed vigils held in other countries such as Canada, Great Britain, Germany, etc. They were all bawling over there, and it really hit the heart..showing that how much they really cared. And I am not ashamed to admit that put a tear in my eye.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    OMG ....ET ?? WoW you are beginning to scare me.

I can,t remember the name of the film but it had Nicole Kidman and Micheal Keaton and he is dying of cancer and she falls pregnant and they say that he will die before the baby is born so he makes loads of video,s made me fill up!

Armaggedon I think I had a few beers and the g,f cried at the end and that made me have a tear in my eye.

The Green Mile at the end

Jeez there are loads !!

ptbyjason Guest
    Damn, I must just be insensitive. Hmm, oh well.

Originally posted by ptbyjason
    Damn, I must just be insensitive. Hmm, oh well.
    NO....YOUR'E JUST DEAD INSIDE

ptbyjason Guest
    Originally posted by Pete235

NO....YOUR'E JUST DEAD INSIDE

Ummm, thanks....I think I feel better now.

pureanger is offline Senior Member
    I have to admit I do cry at some movies just mainly chick flicks though

You guys are soft... like marshmellows. Arnold would be ashamed of you guys. I think I'm going to tell him.

Wait a min, are you guys on clomid right now? That would explain this thread. Sorry guys.

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    Damn, this post it too sensitive.

Pete why are you making all te guys cry, I thought this was a happy board

OK OK OK, I think that i cried once. I cried from happiness in Days of Thunder. When Cole winds Dytona 500 in the end of the movie.

Hey arthur show some sensivity. We are only human.

senor_gato is offline Junior Member
    "Pay it forward" had that effect on me, I was watching it with my wife and quickly started immitating her cry so that she would not know that I shed a tear as well.

ann
    ann is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by ann
    The Long Green Mile.
    Sorry I jumped in on this one...should of read the Subject title better....." big boys do cry".......

Well...... big girls do too .

But not as often as some of you guys, from the look of it

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by ann

Well...... big girls do too .

But not as often as some of you guys, from the look of it
    Don't make fun of meYour gonna make me cry

tigress is offline Retired Female Moderator
    OMG! LMAO! Arthur, you are killing me here.

I think Ann's right, you guys do cry more than chicks do!

Very occasionally, I will get the lump in my throat, but tears never run down my cheeks! On 9-11, I was pretty choked up all day, and I came home and numbed myself with vodka.

Shredz is offline Respected Member

Unhappy me too

The movie PUMPING IRON when Arnold announced that he was retireing...i cryed for a least a week.

:**(

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    All the time its good to show diffrent emotions it shows you have a heart.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

damn

i cry at sad movies(i can cry on cue too!!),haha.it has to be something that strikes me in a movie though.not just sad for the sake of being a sad movie.if the director/script does a poor job of character development i can't feel the emotions of a character.same goes for the actor/actress.i need some finite detail that makes me say that character is a person.his/her movements/speech patterns/ even the dialogue all match to bring that character together to form a human being.if an actor/ actress can't convey that, i don't care how sad the movies script is i won't be emotional at all.

KBgrl is offline Female Member
    awwwww its nice to see some of the big boys admitting they cry!! how cute!!

arthur....ur a slut

i cry alllll the time. although i try soooo hard not to while watching movies i cant help it. im a mess!! omg... forget about it..... u had to see me during free willy !! did any of u guys see that movie?? and if u did....did u cry ur eyes out!??!?! and if not??? how is that possible... i LOST it when he was in the little pool making all those little whale sounds and crying.....and then they showed his family on the other side in the ocean calling back to him.. omg.. i cant talk about this anymore.. ...

Originally posted by KBgrl

arthur....ur a slut

Yea, you're a SLUT. Stop picking on us or I'm gonna cry.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Cry? Moi?

I absolutely go with Pete - Field of Dreams. It started when Costner said, "It's my father," and I lost it for the rest of the flick.

And Rod Steiger's final speech in The Chosen, where he speaks to his son (Barry Miller) through his friend (Robby Benson).

And any of the Porky's flicks, but that was from laughing so hard.

I watched "Brians Song" with Roberta last night. There were 2 parts in particular that made my eyes well. Quick set up...Brians Song is a true story about Chicago Bears Fullback, Brian Picalo who died of cancer in 1970. He became best friends with Gayle Sayer and was instrumental in Gayles comeback froma serious knee injury.

The first part that touched me was when Gayle talked to Brian for was what to be their last time (Brian was laying in a hospital bed and was a mere shell or his former self after repeated chimotherapy(sp) sessions). Gayle walked out of the hospital with his wife, head held high and after 15 feet collapsed into his wifes arms sobing like a child.

The second part was towards the end of Brians life. Throughout the movie his response to his wife when she said "I love you", was "Me too". She questioned this and he said "Does it really matter how many times we say it? You know how I feel". As he was dying, Brian was laying in bed looking at his wife and out of the blue he said" I love you, and repeated it over and over as he broke down in his wifes arms.

This may sound sappy but I never say good-bye to Roberta (when she leaves for work or after getting off the phone) without saying "I love you". God forbid if something ever happened to either of us, I would want those three words to be the last words that past between us.

MarkyMark is offline Member
    Well , anyone with a pulse ( should have had this happen at one time or another ) ... some that don't well , those are not to be trusted .... ( either by comment or by purpose .... )

Ones that come to mind .... The Patriot had some Potent scenes ... Titanic, Schindler's list , hmmmm brain freeze ........

There is more................ I am a Big movie fan .... But mostly at home .... I figured I would just buy a SERIOUS home movie theater and watch the ones I like here ...hehe ... I prolly have 200+ DVD's .... But I do check out the long awaited films .... at the Theater ...

KBgrl is offline Female Member
    OMG pete!! yes... i watched that movie too last night and i totally lost it when he kept saying "i love u...i love u...i love u.." wow...what a movie....

edraven29 is offline Associate Member

here are the movies that i cried on

I cryed at the end of E.T when i was young i was so happy that he went back home.

I admit that armaggedon add some tears at the end.

I sure hell didnt cry when leonardo died in the titanic, think i was sort of happy.

The crow was a really intense movie, i used to be a great fan of brandon lee, i remeber that night i found out he died i add a tae kwon do class and a guy said that i didnt give a shit, i think i actually knocked him out with a spin kick...

28 days....

My girlfriend cries everytime she watches dawson creek, now thats funny.. ehehehe then she comes to cuddle me after.....

even the simpson have their moments when maggie said daddy for the first time to homer.

Well i guess that i am a sensible person

Thread Information