SilverSiR is offline Junior Member

Do you think lifting makes you dumber?

Im pretty sure when you feel light headed after a crazy set of squats or deads is not good for you. The lack of oxygen must kill off some brain cells, do you think this effects your brain in anyway? I know we don't use most of our brain, but still ...

Yes this is a dumb topic, I know but im interested.

WS6_KID is offline Associate Member

Theres ALOT of things I could say but i'll keep it short by saying

NO

SwoleDiesel662 is offline Associate Member
    haha, maybe it does in your case

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    We pick up heavy weights, put them down, and then pick them up again. How bright can we be?

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

you knwo what makes me dumb?

the shit resin i have to smoke right now because my god damn weed guy can't do his fucking job!!!!
    but shit, i don't know about that brain shit.i'm gonna have to say no, nope, not happening.

Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    That's funny man. The stoner saying you don't need to worry abiout hurting your brain. Man, I'm high.

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    bbrain will be fine no damamge dfrom weeds just bad stufff flike extasy dont do it, keeeo eaxtra btreee partyboy cuas e resin hitsa dont do the jobs.

H BOMB is offline Senior Member
    well sounds like monster had some good stuff tonight.

well it could make you dummer if you pull the pin out the rack and don't hold the bar and it wacks you upside the head.

or go to heavy on skullcrushers and smash your forehead

H BOMB is offline Senior Member
    oh and yes i have done both of those bf.

did it make me dummer? hell no , 2+2=5

see i'm as smart as they come. lift on brotha

BlocRoc is offline Member
    me go move heavie ting two....I is smart elso!

Shiny metal shiny!!!

me smart!

NOPE, Im OKIE DOKIE!!

ECKO 747 is offline Associate Member
    SilverSiR U have gota be joking....

First of all Wieght training inceases your heart rate, which increases your bloodflow, which increases the amount of oxygen to all your body's vital cells including your brain cells....

The reason U feel light headed is NOT as a result of reduced oxygen flow but because of stess....

Furthermore, A study conducted by ( I think it was Duke Univ.), showed that running for at least 2omins a day improves your brain fuction...

jarrett is offline Senior Member
    no but i know i feel stupid after smoking a few bowls

bigtraps is offline Member
    Lifting weights will make you more dumb...But as long as you use steroids , followed by clomid...you will be fine..

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    when loading plates onto the leg press machine or squats i can still mentally add the weight so i know what im throwing up does that count?

there is no correlation between intelligence and size...im a bright individual (as far as i have been told) and im rather large...the reason why this is actually relevant is because it is a stereotype against bodybuilders that has permeated the social scene...

women see you and assume since you are built that you must be some dumb jock that doesn't care about anything other than the gym. to a certain extent we all have passions for lifting, however none of us on this board (save maybe a few) can say our life can be defined purely like bodybuilding. we have jobs, hobbies, and other things to keep us busy to lead a healthy and fun filled life. for me guitar, snowboarding, community service, investing, golf, and reading are all enjoyable ways to spend my time outside of the gym. i think we pigeonhole ourselves if we buy into the bullshit people like to say, but taking it in stride makes us the bigger (literally and figuratively) man. i am proud i am intelligent and a multi-dimensional individual since it would be a great disservice to myself and others not to develop intellectually as well as physically to leave my mark on other people and society as a whole. think about that the next time you are stereotyped as a dumb animal.

sorry for the rant but i had to develop my thoughts

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    ARRRGGHHH - MUSS LIF WAIT - ERRR - GUD... ONE MO TYMEE... ARRRGGHHH!!!

I love how people stereotype big dudes as begin dumb in the gym. I really enjoy the reaction on peoples face when you can turn them around from "this dude is just using steriods " to "this dude knows his shit on training and is actually pretty smart"...

But in reply to the physiological reaction from getting light headed - use correct breathing or hemoroids (the hardest word 4 me to spell) could also follow. I get less light headed now then I used to... now I get more pumped, short of breath and basically nauseated after extreme intensity. But never really light headed anymore... I did when I first started but it was probably due to poor circulation and more so - holding my breath.

Aguro is offline Associate Member
    My girl went to see a doctor this week and guess what she came back with! some fucking retarded doc info that scared the shit out of her.. Enough to make her use the ultimate sentence : You choose! It me or your damn steroid !
    The doc told her that steroid where doing brain damage just like cocaine and other shit like that.. I laughed a good time... But hey! who am i to go against a doctor point of view huh..

Thread Information