Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member

2 days until D day. April 17, going under the knife

As some of you know I have been fighting a shoulder injury for almost a year.
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...er-injury-post

I decided after everything it was time to get ti over with and get cut. Tuesday morning around 9am I should be about ready to be put under. Doc wants me to start PT the next day (Wednesday) and continue ever day for the next week. No rest for the weary.

I have what should be a good doctor, he is our major league baseball and football team surgeon for several years and I have read nothing but positive review.

Hopefully I will be back to lifting 100% in 6 months or less. If I didn't I really think that in another year I would be saying I wish I would have gotten it dont sooner just like I wish I got it done a year ago. I would be back lifting properly by now. I benched the most tonight than I have in a year using 45lb dumbbells. Pathetic...

Wish me luck..

Thanks in advance.

Edit, Pictures added.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2 days until D day. April 17, going under the knife-img_20120425_130105.jpg   2 days until D day. April 17, going under the knife-img_20120425_130120.jpg   2 days until D day. April 17, going under the knife-img_20120425_130013.jpg   2 days until D day. April 17, going under the knife-img_20120425_130051.jpg   2 days until D day. April 17, going under the knife-img_20120425_125928.jpg  

2 days until D day. April 17, going under the knife-img_20120425_125952.jpg  
    Last edited by lovbyts; 04-27-2012 at 06:32 PM.

BokBok is offline Associate Member
    Good luck man!

I dislocated my shoulder a few year ago which still gives me a lot of grief today. Probably nothing compared to yours though. For the time I had my arm in a sling, I lost quite a bit of muscle, and even though that side is still slightly smaller than my good side, it is now a fair bit stronger.

DanB is offline Banned
    Best of luck mate

tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member
    Lovbytes!

If you believe in the power of your mind....There are many good audio books on visualization techniques used to heal the body. You can use these techs, to help your bod recover quickly from surgery.

..they've have helped me on many occasions.

~recover quickly!

Thanks for all the well wishes. TCW, I have always been lucky in healing quickly and yes it's probably due to always having a good positive outlook on surgery and life in general. I'm not someone who goes into it thinking what if something goes wrong, I only think positive have not doubt things will go good. Ive never been worried about going under the knife or even anxious about it.

7 eye surgeries to date, 2 of them in the last year.
    2 back surgeries 2005 & 2007
    testicular spermatocele surgery 2003
    3 nasal surgeries starting in 1998 - 2006
    I'm sure I'm leaving out a few. lol

HitIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    dayum that's a lot of going under....good luck bro

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    stop being a puss. i had both shoulders done 3 months from each other. couldnt LIFT , lift for 7 months...

bUT HEY, you'll be surprized how fast the size comes back. You'll look decent after a few months. May take 6+ months to return to you natural greatness. Took me more like a year but that cuz my recovery ended right when summer began so i was doing cardio and not eating a ton so i could at least be leaan in summer, but if you concetrate on just adding the mass could be quicker

scorpion62 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Good luck mucker hope it all goes well

JD250 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Uuuugh!!! Hang in there bro, you'll be back at it in no time.

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    We wish you the best, ask the surgeon to take pictures during the surgery so you can show your forum friends..................

Razor is offline Banned
    Start running GH if you got any!! Nothing makes a recovery like gh baby and drink lots of gluatmine right after surgery

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Good luck, and I too wish you a speedy recovery!

33 more hours.

Quote Originally Posted by wmaousley View Post
    We wish you the best, ask the surgeon to take pictures during the surgery so you can show your forum friends..................

I thought about that but there are so many videos and pictures now days on youtube of the same thing it's sort of redundant. Everyone and their brother have their knee and shoulder surgeries posted up. You cant tell one from another.

I did have one of my eye surgeries taped back in 1989 since it was a new experimental surgery the doctor wanted to use it for teaching purposes. It was a new type of lens graft on the out side of the eye. I was awake for the whole surgery and he taped it from the moment I walked in the room until I walked out. It was weird being able to see what he was doing on a overhead monitor with my good eye and talking to him while he is cutting on my other eye. lol
    Last edited by lovbyts; 04-16-2012 at 01:24 AM.

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts
    Thanks for all the well wishes. TCW, I have always been lucky in healing quickly and yes it's probably due to always having a good positive outlook on surgery and life in general. I'm not someone who goes into it thinking what if something goes wrong, I only think positive have not doubt things will go good. Ive never been worried about going under the knife or even anxious about it.

That's alot of surgery, is there a nurse there you keep trying to work up the courage to talk to but crash and burn every time so keep needing to go back? haha

Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post
    That's alot of surgery, is there a nurse there you keep trying to work up the courage to talk to but crash and burn every time so keep needing to go back? haha
    Ha, no if I did that I would crash and burn alright but it would be from the one at home. She is one of those who keeps a knife under the mattress and I have to sleep with my good eye open. I never know if I did something wrong or not but most of the time I'm told I did. lol

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    good luck mate.

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Ha, no if I did that I would crash and burn alright but it would be from the one at home. She is one of those who keeps a knife under the mattress and I have to sleep with my good eye open. I never know if I did something wrong or not but most of the time I'm told I did. lol
    haha ah so the hospital is your sancutary now i get you

Hell yes, I want to make sure they have my blood yep and a stash of my own blood as well as DNA samples in-case they ever had to preform emergency surgery and re attach anything. lol

DanB is offline Banned
    Hell yes, I want to make sure they have my blood yep and a stash of my own blood as well as DNA samples in-case they ever had to preform emergency surgery and re attach anything. lol
    Haha hope for the best but expect the worst, smart man

DanB is offline Banned
    But seriously good luck with the surgery, expect the best for that

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Good luck mate!

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Best of luck to you brother. You were there for me when I had my back injury and I will be there for you.

Dr Pepper is offline Anabolic Member
    My thoughts are with you mate... Best of luck!

Talk to you soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Tigershark View Post
    Best of luck to you brother. You were there for me when I had my back injury and I will be there for you.
    Thanks man. I wasnt sure you cared.

Misery13 is offline Not Here
    Good luck and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    good luck lovbyts! wish you a quick recovery

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~

Damn, it may just be smarter to put you to sleep.

Have a speedy recovery, im sure it will go fine, I had mine done many years ago
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

youthanasia

Yeah if I was a dog or horse they would have put me down LONG time ago. lol

24hrs and counting...

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Good luck LB
    Tell yer woman the naturally produced endorphins derived from oral sex are mother natures quick cure to post op surgery. Tell her you need a shot of endorphins every 3 to 4 hours for the first two weeks. You may also get some mileage by putting a little bell by the side of the bed, and when you ring it, she's to come in and check on you wearing a ffrench maid teddy.
    ---Roman

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    All surgery sounds terrifying to me. Hoping for a speedy recovery!

MHouse is offline Junior Member
    Good luck man. Hopefully you come out better than new.

keep fightin is offline Associate Member
    good luck man! you have a great 'tude you've researched your options very well, you were conservative in your initial approach concerning treatment and I know YOU WILL BE BACK..[Terminator theme playing in background] follow Times Roman's post operative advice to the letter,obviously He has researched this thoroughly..

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    Good luck LB
    Tell yer woman the naturally produced endorphins derived from oral sex are mother natures quick cure to post op surgery. Tell her you need a shot of endorphins every 3 to 4 hours for the first two weeks. You may also get some mileage by putting a little bell by the side of the bed, and when you ring it, she's to come in and check on you wearing a ffrench maid teddy.
    ---Roman
    We will see, she says she is up for taking advantage of me while I have to relax in the lazy boy recliner. As for 2 weeks, I have to be back to work Saturday and I start PT the day after surgery, Wednesday. Not much time to rest up.

Flier is offline Productive Member
    Good luck tomorrow.
    PT is overrated. 2 weeks of Percocet and Red Vine, and youŽll be as good as new.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Good luck Bro and enjoy the nurses

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    keep us updated! best of the best to ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Flier View Post
    Good luck tomorrow.
    PT is overrated. 2 weeks of Percocet and Red Vine, and youŽll be as good as new.

Sounds good to me. I'm going to ask for Percocet because I have more than enough Vicodin.

I can not eat or drink anything now (Midnight) until after surgery in the morning. 8 hrs to go.... well 8am check in so surgery is probably at 9am.

Remember if I do any post tomorrow or the next couple days and if my post seem more confused or rambling that usual it's the percocet talking.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    dont you need to rest the night before surgery? you're still online?!

Awesome_Archy is offline Associate Member
    As some of you know I have been fighting a shoulder injury for almost a year.
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...er-injury-post

I decided after everything it was time to get ti over with and get cut. Tuesday morning around 9am I should be about ready to be put under. Doc wants me to start PT the next day (Wednesday) and continue ever day for the next week. No rest for the weary.

I have what should be a good doctor, he is our major league baseball and football team surgeon for several years and I have read nothing but positive review.

Hopefully I will be back to lifting 100% in 6 months or less. If I didn't I really think that in another year I would be saying I wish I would have gotten it dont sooner just like I wish I got it done a year ago. I would be back lifting properly by now. I benched the most tonight than I have in a year using 45lb dumbbells. Pathetic...

Wish me luck..

Thanks in advance.
    I hope it all goes well bro, Let us know how it turns out. Also i hope you get a smoking hot physical therapist after surgery.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information