viking88 is offline Associate Member

do you believe in good/bad luck?

was debating this topic with a buddy the other day and it got pretty heated, his case was no, you make your own luck by putting out positive or negative energy. and i agree with that

however i said try telling that to a kid with cancer or the person who went to the store and gets killed by the drunk driver.

sometimes you meet or know people who just have the worst luck, nothing ever goes well for them no matter how hard they try to do well for themselves, then you see someone where life seems to be a breeze for them, everything just gets handed to them on a silver platter (not talking about in a financial way)

pre determined life? or does shit just happen ?

or maybe both? hmm. well i think its interesting, let me know what you think

JD250 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Shit happens to all of us, even that person who seems like they have the perfect life, they have plenty of shit to deal with too you just don't see it. The difference in my mind is how people respond to what seems to be a negative, do they spend the rest of their life pissing and moaning about all the bad stuff or do they turn that bad stuff into something positive and sometimes profitable. That's my 3 cents worth......keep the change.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Do I believe in Karma? Hell yes. I also believe if someone believes in God then how can they not believe in the Devil but yet many don't. If there is good their is evil.

Simply yes I believe in luck but I cant explain why it happens. I sort of like the theory from the movie Devil in 2010 where it's explained when the devil is close the odds of something bad happening increases, no longer 50/50.

Sometimes I would rather be lucky than just good.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I believe if you do good, overall, good things will come back to you.

viking88 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JD250 View Post
    Shit happens to all of us, even that person who seems like they have the perfect life, they have plenty of shit to deal with too you just don't see it. The difference in my mind is how people respond to what seems to be a negative, do they spend the rest of their life pissing and moaning about all the bad stuff or do they turn that bad stuff into something positive and sometimes profitable. That's my 3 cents worth......keep the change.

"what seems" to be a negative can really just be a negative, and the pissing and moaning is justifiable becauase theres nothing else they can do, ie the cancer patient or deformed person or whatever it is..

i agree with you but you gottta admit you see people out there with the best luck and you see good people out there that just cant catch a break

i think life is pre determined, kinda ties in with "everything happens for a reason" expression

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by viking88 View Post
    "what seems" to be a negative can really just be a negative, and the pissing and moaning is justifiable becauase theres nothing else they can do, ie the cancer patient or deformed person or whatever it is..

i agree with you but you gottta admit you see people out there with the best luck and you see good people out there that just cant catch a break

i think life is pre determined, kinda ties in with "everything happens for a reason" expression
    I disagree with the first part because to many people take that to literally and feel nothing they do will change the outcome like they are destined to be poor so it's not use in trying to better themselves.

I believe everything happens for a reason but it's up to us to make it into something useful or not.

dooie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman
    This!!
    Strong believer in you'll reap what u sow! Call it karma, the universe, what ever it is, it's a fact of life! Shit happens too though!

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    There is no such thing as luck. Only probability.

That being said, if you flip a coin a million times although the final tally will be 50% head and 50% tails, you're going to see trends where there is considerably more heads than tails and/or vise versa at times. The same plays true in real life. That's why you see people who have good things happen to them and those who have bad things happen to them. Eventually it'll even itself out.

I don't believe in doing good things for the sake of Karma (if there is such a thing). Doing good things for people is it's own reward and should make you feel good.

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    No....

DeniZen is offline Associate Member
    strictly defined there has to be good luck and bad luck. Win the lottery-good luck. Sitting in an airline passenger seat pointed down- Not so much

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    this!
    ~ has been my motto for years and years " do good sh!t & good sh!t happens to ya~ do bad sh!t & bad sh!t happens to ya

even at times where I felt I didnt luck out, like when we couldnt get our dream apartment or a dream job or when I got laid off ~ it always turns out for the best, sometimes we dont see why untill a few months latter but it has always been the case. esp sence Tiger and I have been to gather, we win tons of free stuff ever where we go and good news is a regular for us....its like we joined our cosmic good-vibe-ness and became 1 super karma of good payback lmao

JD250 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexy4mySweetheart View Post
    this!
    ~ has been my motto for years and years " do good sh!t & good sh!t happens to ya~ do bad sh!t & bad sh!t happens to ya

even at times where I felt I didnt luck out, like when we couldnt get our dream apartment or a dream job or when I got laid off ~ it always turns out for the best, sometimes we dont see why untill a few months latter but it has always been the case. esp sence Tiger and I have been to gather, we win tons of free stuff ever where we go and good news is a regular for us....its like we joined our cosmic good-vibe-ness and became 1 super karma of good payback lmao

SEE!!!! That's exactly what I mean.....bad shit can and does happen to everyone......but look at your attitude Sexy, it's positive and hopeful......that's the difference between people who spend their lives feeling "beat down" and those who seem to prosper in everything they do(not just financially)

Thread Information