daem is offline Anabolic Member

For all of you that sweat like pigs...

what deodorants would you recommend to someone who sweats profusely all day long? i hate wearing a nice shirt and getting the dreaded pitstains while out with a girl or at a nice function in public.

i have tried everything from sprays, to gels, to powders, and nothing yet.

a friend recommended mitchums as it is very strong and pretty much seals the pores, however i would like some feedback on what you all think.

maybe i will go to the doctor to see what can be done as this sweating gets old very quickly when i have to change shirts multiple times a day.

jollyroger is offline New Member
    Hey bro, I have the same problem. I've tried just about all of the common otc products with no luck. All I can say is, you are not alone and let me know if you find a cure!

novicemarine is offline Junior Member
    I feel ya. You can ask the poor guys in the barracks; I suffer as well. I'd like to be notified if you find anything useful too, as I have tried most every product. But baby powder has an anti-perspirant effect if you don't mind smelling like a wuss. Unfortunately it lasts all of a few hours. I'd suggest gold bond (as it has similar effects) but I've only seen it used on guys nuts... So, I'm guessing we'll stick to baby powder?
    Last edited by novicemarine; 04-17-2003 at 08:26 PM.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    I have the product that will save you all. Drysol. Its prescription but cheap like 8 bucks. You put on a couple nights a week before bed then wash it off in the morning. You won't sweat a drop.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

tryingtogain is offline Member
    I have the same problem as you guys do. sometimes its embarassing if the sweat shows everywere. and all of my white shirts are stained with detorant from the sweating!

chevy44 is offline Member
    i used to sweat like crazy, when i read a book! so i went to the doc and he gave me some drysol (like gixxersaid) u only have to put it on about once a wk (if that) b4 bed and wash it off in the morning. but to gixxer, i wouldnt put it on more than once a wk, my doc said something about to much of it can cause cancer, so i only use it once a month, and it still works fine!

Farmer is offline Member
    Originally posted by gixxerboy
    I have the product that will save you all. Drysol. Its prescription but cheap like 8 bucks. You put on a couple nights a week before bed then wash it off in the morning. You won't sweat a drop.
    Bump, drysol is the SHIT...you definently need to work up to using it frequently. The first time or two you put it on your pits will burn like a mofo, but I guarantee you will not sweat in your pits. Hell it works so well I'd start getting sweat stains in my chest before my pits when I would work out.

Peace

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Originally posted by chevy44
    i used to sweat like crazy, when i read a book! so i went to the doc and he gave me some drysol (like gixxersaid) u only have to put it on about once a wk (if that) b4 bed and wash it off in the morning. but to gixxer, i wouldnt put it on more than once a wk, my doc said something about to much of it can cause cancer, so i only use it once a month, and it still works fine!
    CAUSE CANCER?!

I am just like you guys, I sweat like mad. No matter where or when, even fresh out the shower, the sweat drips down my arms like a freaken waterfall! Sometimes it even goes through my undershirt and gets my sweater all wet! However, as good as DRYSOL sounds, even the risk of it causing cancer, and the doctor actually saying it can cause cancer, is just a product i wouldn't touch with a 20 ft pole. I would rather change my t-shirt 2 times a day, then get cancer.

Aguro is offline Associate Member
    I like mitchum.. It pretty strong.. but you said you already tried gel..

nutbar is offline New Member
    Terinox, funny you should say that, doesn't AAS increases chance of getting cancer?

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    I tried gels, but I can stand it anymore. It just gave a nice smell yo my armpitsbut nothing else, they were still all sweat.

Originally posted by nutbar
    Terinox, funny you should say that, doesn't AAS increases chance of getting cancer?
    DOES IT?!?

Matt Foley is offline Member
    first time ive heard that one

How can steroids cause cancer?!?!?!

There are people who are shooting 2-4 grams of steroids PER DAY, and they have been doing it for over 10-15 years of their lives, and still they don't have such diseases as cancer etc...

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    when i go to my doctor to get mid-cycle bloodwork done i will bring up the perspiration problem to try out this drysol stuff...i tried baby powder today and it seemed to work fine but like novicemarine said, it was only effective for like 1 hour or so before i started noticing my pits getting damp.

i was doing some quick math and realized i have given deodorant companies close to 1000 bucks for their inferior shit the last 7 or 8 years...from this day forward im boycotting putting anything under my arms. anyone willing to join me in my insurrection?

My understaning is that severly increased level of testostrone may increase the chance of prostate cancer in males. Or am I competely off here?

Well yes, there is a chance of increased prostate size, which I hear returns to normal once you are finished with the cycle. I don't know too much about the cancer thing. But if you want to look at it like that, then talking on cell phones gives you brain tumors, standing beside a microwave makes you impotent, etc...

By the same argument one can say there are people who've been smoking for 40-50 years and never developed lung cancer, yet others die from cancer caused (or triggered by) moderate exposure to second hand smoke. All I am saying is that it can be a factor just like Drysol could be a factor.

Originally posted by nutbar
    By the same argument one can say there are people who've been smoking for 40-50 years and never developed lung cancer, yet others die from cancer caused (or triggered by) moderate exposure to second hand smoke. All I am saying is that it can be a factor just like Drysol could be a factor.
    Oh absolutely, I do agree, and I get what you are saying and all. But if it is something that has to be prescribed, and the doctor himself warns you not to use it tooooooo much cause you just might get cancer, that would scare me off.

David B. is offline Member
    I like Ban Roll-On.

--dnb

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    MITCHUM all the way bro! I have tried many. many different types of deodorant and Mitchum takes the cake by far... I will never use any other brand...give it a shot and i guarantee you will never switch brands again

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    I never heard it can cause can cancer. It doesnt have any warnings on it either. I only use it once a week. But for the first week i was told to use it everyday..
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

RayL is offline Associate Member
    I sweat like a madman but not just from my pits. I sweat everywhere. Runs down my face, chest, pits, crotch, you name it. I like the temperature below 70 degrees F. Anyway, I have found that degree anti-persperant/deodorant works pretty good. My wife says it is a woman's deoderant...oh well...keeps my pits dry. As for those gels, they smell good but they are runnin down my side after about 30 min.

durbin22 is offline Member
    I use Degree. It's the only thing that keeps me from stinking when I sweat. I use the stick that goes on clear. Johnson & Johnson Pure Cornstarch keeps my bag dry when I sweat.

justme is offline Associate Member
    I find that my body seems to build up a tollerance to pit stick so I am continualy switching brands. until my wife bought me some from avon. this stuff works really good it's a roll on and costs like 99cents. very cheap and effective.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Ban works really well IMO.

OG

woodsy169 is offline Associate Member
    I bought a product on the Internet that is called MAXIM. You can get it from http://www.stopsweat.com/

At first it is so strong it made me develop a rash that itched like hell, but once you get over that first initial rash, you don't sweat from your pits anymore...

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm surprised it's only gotten one mention, but to me, Degree Active something or other is the shit...I tried michtum (so effective you can skip a day my ass) and just about every other product out there, but in the end, the only thing that stopped ruining the pits of my cashmere sweaters and favorite dress shirts was Degree....but, given that everyone has a fave, I have to believe that everyone's unique "sweat chemistry" is different, and it's just a matter of trial and error.

Wow degree seems to be the shit. Are you guys actually buy the womens brand? Cuz I think Degree does of a guys version right?!

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah, it's degree spectrum, and it says "now for males" or something like that right on it. By the way, the most effective one, in my experience, is the one you have to twist/click to get the stuff to come through the "sifter-like" holes. NOt a gel but not a roll on either. Great stuff

Originally posted by BigGreen
    Yeah, it's degree spectrum, and it says "now for males" or something like that right on it. By the way, the most effective one, in my experience, is the one you have to twist/click to get the stuff to come through the "sifter-like" holes. NOt a gel but not a roll on either. Great stuff
    Sounds like a plan bro! I'm gonna give this a shot, sweating is sometimes unbarable, literally drips down my sides sometimes

I'll try and remember to let everyone know how well it worked (or didn't .)

Valuablz is offline Junior Member
    i'll say a crystal stick, it's the kind of deodarant that last for up to four year, it's scentless also. Just apply water to the crystal stick, and rub under your arms, or anywhere that sweats alot actually. Done wonders for me.

nuke is offline Member
    Valubulz said it.. I hear the crystal stick/rock works from what I have heard.

I just kick it with Degree...

Thread Information