m16a2 is offline Senior Member

Jogging + Ankle Stiffness/Pain

I started jogging today on the treadmill and I got the usual pain in the side, probably due to my breathing, but I can deal with that pain. I also got this pain in my ankles, where they got so stiff that I could barely move rotate the joint. They still are kinda sore, but while I was running I had to actually slow down to a painful walk for the pain to go away. I'm not sure why this is happening, and I was wondering if any of the bros got any advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Expendable is offline Associate Member
    how much do you weigh and what's your height?

I'm 72 inches and 185lbs about.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Was it long ago since you jogged? Have you put on alot of weight since then?

If so then that would explain it.

Palme, bro, I've actually lost some weight since the last time I jogged. I am pretty light now compared to how much I have weighed for the past few years.

I tried interval sprints today, GODDAMN the pain in the ankles is tremendous. I had to actually stop because I couldn't bare the pain. It feels like they get stiff as hell, and I try to stretch them without any luck, just pain. There are these bubbley circular parts on my calf... it almost seems like a blood clot or something like that. I actually can push down on them (one on each side in about the same place symmetrically).

I am thinking that since the stiffness is kicking in about 30 seconds after running, I think that its from a lactic acid buildup, which would mean that my ankles aren't getting oxygen so the ATP production is also having a lactic acid buildup causing the soreness. I also think that the bumps on the calfs are like blood clots where below that point not enough oxygen is flowing.

I have no idea what to do and I dont' even know if I'm right.

Thread Information