novicemarine is offline Junior Member

Arrow A new type of pain to me

I'm getting this aching, almost cramping (but the muscle doesn't feel contracted) feeling in my arms, esp. my biceps. It's not THAT painful and I can train almost the same except I have to take a set out of anything involving my arms. The main effect it has on training is I get fatigued WAY earlier.

I've taken a lot of ephedra this week (probably because I stay up late being that the only time I get to be on AR really is later at night) and I was in the Florida sun all last weekend. You know how you can just tell what's going on by the way it's feeling? Well, my diagnosis would have to be depletion of nutrients. I've got some NO2 that would jumpstart me back there, but I'm guessing the reason it's gone on all week is because I've kept going to the gym. I can't afford to take another break, cause I took a week off for my last tattoo about 2 weeks ago. I'll finish up the NO2 but are there any other suggetions? I'd really like to save that stuff for the next time I'm going to the beach after the gym

-Devil Dog

oh yeah... And it's the worst on chest and tris days, even in the biceps. For instance when I'm doing tri exts. And I've got good form, so that's not the problem. Ishn't that veird?

mammoth is offline Member
    Umm...it almost sounds like you maybe are a little dehydrated. You have kinda a odd situation it sounds. Really there could be many things that could cause the fatigue. Diet first and foremost could do it. First I would try and increase your H2O and cut back on the ephedrine and see if that helps, but not too much water for too much could also cause muscle cramps. Also, why did you take a week off because of a tattoo?

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    to me it sounds like you are overtrained. when training off cycle you really need to be conscious of what your body is saying to you or why it isn't performing at 100%.

i know i talked to you about this the other day, but post your split and what you have done since taking the week off for your tat.

mammoth may be correct that it is dehydration, however maybe you need to get some more potassium to help your muscles stop aching. eat some bananas every day and this could also help.

don't take the N02 either as it may cause more serious problems if you are not fully healed and you train heavy. with any supplement like that i think we overestimate what we are capable of and can do some serious damage if we believe that it will magically make the pain subside. the only time i will not worry about injury is when i am on cycle...when im off my split changes completely to prevent injury and help my tendinitis from flaring.

hey, thanks, guys. Daem... The bananas are the best idea. It definately feels like something potassium would help. I'm changing my split this week, so I'll post it after I sit down and rewrite it. You're right, I have been overtraining. I demand too much of my body sometimes because it seems like I go through entire weeks we're I've got this ego. It's like I actually look bigger in the mirror than I am. But I've come down from that high with this aching. I know I've been too cocky and the gym ISN'T the place to be doing that crap. I'm humble once again.
    Mammoth, I'd like to think it's not dehydration, but I'm afraid you're right. I slam like 3 gatorades a day in class, and drink water when I'm not putting down the gatorade. So, it doesn't really make sense, but I'm originally from the northern midwest where we're just recovering from a lot of snow and this is my first summer spent entirely in FL, so that would explain the inability to properly hydrate. I'm still acclimating to the environment here, it's worse than California, no BS.

Thread Information