BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

Your Gym Fantasy...within reason

As the title indicates, WITHIN REASON....so no "my gym fantasy is to have jenna jameson and christina aguiliera interrupt my workout to have their way with me inside the power rack." I'm talking in terms of weight room performance or activities alone, what is your utlimate (but yet still slightly attainable goal? I'll start it off and say that, while mine is only slightly attainable, and that slight occurrence will require either copious drugs or some real miracle, I just really, really want to be able to curl 225 for reps one day...just a few, nothing crazy. I can do 135 for decent reps as is now (not many), so I'm asking for like an 80% increase on this lift...a lot I know!

Previously, my fantasy would've been to have had just about every person in the weight room stop to watch me workout, but following Warrior's insane holistic training guideline, I already got to experience that...even though it wasn't a very packed weight room

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    BG, the more I think about it I would have to say mine is exactly like yours...to be able to put 2 45's on the barbell and go to town would be great. that or doing bent over rows on the flat bench with a 130lb dumbbell.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I would like to be able to do seated curls with hundred pound dumbells with decent form. I am hoping to get that next winter with a really good bulking/strength cycle. That and to be able to incline 500lbs but I am a ways off of that one.

still growin is offline Member
    I'm still looking for those 3 plates on bench. Not too far off, I can do 270 1 time now, and I am justing starting some deca /enan/winny. I am only 175lbs now, so I am hoping To hit this this year. And a few curls @225 wouldn't hurt either! lol

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    To begin to enjoy cardio - as in - Ive just done 45 minutes but I still want to do more! oh, you said within reason - well, Ill have to think about that then...

H BOMB is offline Senior Member
    hey bro you tricked me i thought i was gonna get to tell you my gym fanasty without the weights involved. not fair

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    This is fantasy, so I'll say whatever the hell I want

Well okay, within reason though. In terms of the atmospher and the people working out, I would like there to be first me and my buddy working out. Plus at least 2-3 big guys, none of those skinny little HS kids. And about 4-6 good looking girls. They don't have to be GORGEOUS, just fairly good looking who will look when I hit the heavy weights I've had situations like this before, very similar. The one me and my buddy get the most looks from is when we put 225lbs on the millitary press (free weights of course) and do about 4-5 clean. I have never seen anyone in my gym, including the Toronto Argo's pull that weight off on military.

In terms of weights, and what I'd like to do in the near future, is being able to do CLEAN sets on bench at 315lbs. Currently my buddy and I do about 225-245 on sets (working our way up to it). So, i'm still quite a bit back, but a good two cycles should put me there.

Also, doing CURLS at 225?!? That's just crazy Hell, I would be quite happy if I could do clean sets at 135lbs! Don't forget, I workout at a university, so, there are only 8-10 people who are actually "big" the rest are all average or beginningers (so it usually feels great being the biggest in the gym!!!)

novicemarine is offline Junior Member
    Whoa... I'm one of the smaller guys at my gym and I do 225 military. But there are 2 gyms on base and that's the one without the younger students and all the staff.

But my dream would have to involve of course... all of the chicks staining their eyes to the extreme corners to watch me lift, and piss off all of their higher-ranking husbands who drag them in there

I'd like to be able to flat press 4 plates as opposed to my 3 and bend the bar on my later sets. Not all too outlandish, really. I have no clue how many cycles that would take as I'm unaware of how copious my receptor sites are throughout my body having not taken anything yet. But I doubt it would take all too much as I'm sure I could naturally/genetically work up to it in less than 2 years...
    Now 5 plates!!! yeah! now we're talkin'. I'm talkin' people would flee. I'd have to use the frickin' clamps too keep the bent bar from letting the weights slide off and have multiple spotters! Anyone in here ever get there? Again, it's not unheard of. I don't think I'd mind being the freak of the gym.
    225 curl? um... no, not with these long arms...
    Last edited by novicemarine; 04-26-2003 at 04:57 PM.

Power-BB is offline Associate Member
    I would have to say doing some heavy ass deadlifts and having all eyes on me. Just taking all those 45's and watching the bar bending deep in the mirror then having all the eyes on me. You guys can probably all do this and have had it happen but this is my dream

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    1. Outgrow the T-Bar (you out grow one - you pretty much out grow them all... and it pretty much becomes a one arm movement after that )

2. Do a GVT day, 10 sets - 10 reps - 90 second rest intervals, with 295 pounds on the flat bench - easy. On my way... I can just barely make it at 275 right now... so far dropping it at about the 6th set with 275. I am thinking about starting back at 225 and slowly increasing again.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Originally posted by CYCLEON
    To begin to enjoy cardio - as in - Ive just done 45 minutes but I still want to do more! oh, you said within reason - well, Ill have to think about that then...
    LOL..i feel ya cyc, hopefully my new mp3 player will help me in that area

Face is offline Banned

well

my fantasy would be for all the chicks i've fucked from the gym to start working out somewhere else. i know you're not supposed to shit where you eat but sometimes i can't help myself... i'm a pig.

FACE

btw - any you bro's seen this cover yet? amazing.

Last edited by Face; 04-27-2003 at 11:53 AM.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    i'll jump on this one...my gym fantasy is to bench 160...yea 160, i'm about 40# away so i know it's attainable....most i've ever seen a chick bench was 130...so...game on!!

durbin22 is offline Member
    My fantasy would be:

1. No half reppers
    2. No air lat guys
    3. No naked old men in the locker room
    4. No fat people with stretch pants
    5. No people that think there jacked when there not

The gym would be a better place.

mj`zman is offline New Member
    A legitimate, long term source for gear!

Gearless in the sticks.

mj`zman is offline New Member
    A legitimate, long term source for gear!

Gearless in the sticks.

Thread Information