BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member

To All Parents and Future Parents.

Ok, just to star this off I openly use AS and am not ashamed ofit or try to hide it (well except here at work). Now having kids a daughter that's almost 2 and a little boy about 2 1/2 months old. Now the question, when they get old enough the question about me using AS and all is going to come up. It's already quite obvious that I use and the typical "creatine and good diet" routine doesn't work for me. I feel like I should be openly honest with my children about everything if they come up to me and ask. Now I remember being younger and having friends who's dads obviously done steroids and also remember the name calling and making fun of that they went through as well. I'm just wondering how any of you have or plan on handling this. I plan on being honest with them and teaching them about AS and at what ages it should and shouldn't be used at. I want them growing up educated about eating right, fitness, and about supplements and AS unlike how I grew up. I will not force my beliefs on them however. But just hope that they will share in my desire for a healthy lifestyle. I'm not sure if I have this worded liek I wanted when I started writing this but I hope I have it clearly enough. SO any comments or ideas. My children are young but I am looking for ways to deal with this now, for in the future when they come to me I hopefully will have the right answers.

nuke is offline Member
    Its tough. I have a 2 year old daughter too. I am taing the angle that she doesnt need to know. Daddy is into fitness and hopefully she will be too.
    My wife knows and thats all that matters.

When it affects my parenting skils then I need to stop taking AS.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Ive been thinking about this for a long time myself...what the hell do you guys and girls with kids tell them? That itīs a bad thing or are you honest?
    Personaly im with nuke on this one. They shouldnt know about it.

I agree with not telling them when they're young, but when they get older say...mid to late teens they're gonna know and I don't like the thought of lieing to 'em. My idea is if they're old enough to ask, they're old enough to know.

Strut99GT is offline Member
    Originally posted by BIG TEXAN
    I agree with not telling them when they're young, but when they get older say...mid to late teens they're gonna know and I don't like the thought of lieing to 'em. My idea is if they're old enough to ask, they're old enough to know.
    Agreed, but not something you have to worry about for a loooong time

I know.....just figured I'd start getting ready though For things like this you can never be too prepared. Also I'm just curious to know what others think or might have already done.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I have a son 21 and a daughter that's 15. The one thing, and I think everyone will agree, is to be honest and open. Your their father and they expect to hear the truth from you no matter what it is. They get lies from everything and everyone else, don't let it be from you. When the time comes (agreement with Strut99GT here) tell them. At least then when their freinds start with the questions they can answer that they have a great relationship with you, you hide nothing from them and that's all that matters. If that doesn't quite the questions they can say that their dad does four things that most fathers don't; eat right, exercise, proper rest and always willing to learn new things to further his goals.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Your children should always expect the truth when they confront you with a question but somethings are just better kept personal in my opinion. I understand you want to be honest and open with them especially as they get older but I don't think them knowing about your AS usage will be a good thing. When your boy gets older and decides to try juice (hopefully its legal at the time!), you might want to tell him the truth so you can make sure he's taking all the necessary precautions, but telling him for the sake of being honest with him will only do more harm then good. IMO your only condoning the use of drugs...besides would you give them details about your sex life if they ask...their personal issues IMO...US

Foxy Sphinx is offline Associate Member
    Sensitive topic!

I dont think theres any reason to go blurt it out if they dont ask... but if they do ask... its just wrong to lie to them in my opinion. Or you could just say "daddys got good genetics, which means you do too so hit the gym" LOL

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Foxy Sphinx
    Sensitive topic!

I dont think theres any reason to go blurt it out if they dont ask... but if they do ask... its just wrong to lie to them in my opinion. Or you could just say "daddys got good genetics, which means you do too so hit the gym" LOL
    sorry to hijack your thread BigTexan..but I gotta tell Foxy that I've never seen such a pansy ass avatar before...

Now...I have a 2 year old daughter, and have never thought about what I would tell her if she asked. Now that I think about it, I won't ever lie to her, but I may stretch the truth a little bit if she starts asking too young.

I worry more about how to convince her that drugs, drinking and driving, and sex with any Joe, Bob, or Harry is not the right thing to do. Shit BigTexan...this thread got me stressing, and I still have 11 years until she's a teen.

Hey Major...now you understand what I'm going through.
    Now I'm not gonna try and tell her if she asks while she's too young, but when she gets in her teens and AS is more of a common subject in her age group and she confronts me about it, I don't think I could lie, but tell her the truth and educate her as best as I can on the matter.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Originally posted by Juggernaut2148
    I have a son 21 and a daughter that's 15. The one thing, and I think everyone will agree, is to be honest and open. Your their father and they expect to hear the truth from you no matter what it is. They get lies from everything and everyone else, don't let it be from you. When the time comes (agreement with Strut99GT here) tell them. At least then when their freinds start with the questions they can answer that they have a great relationship with you, you hide nothing from them and that's all that matters. If that doesn't quite the questions they can say that their dad does four things that most fathers don't; eat right, exercise, proper rest and always willing to learn new things to further his goals.

Very well said man, very nice!!

Mine is 9...

Does he know daddy juices up? Nope... still too young to care. He still just thinks it's pretty cool that dad can lift him above his head with one hand But those teens are looming on the horizon...

I think this is mostly a don't ask/don't tell situation. When he does ask, well... I'll cross that bridge when I get there.... after all who knows what we'll be doing in 2-5-10 years down the road? I'd like to think I'll be training just as hard, but so much can happen that can (and often does!) completely change my priorities.

Of course when he hits his late teens early twenties and sees old pics of dad with his chest out to here and broad shoulders, I'll definetly be on the level with him. After all how can you expect your kids to be honest with you when you're not honest with them.

I guess it's all a question of being a responsable parent... knowing what information to hand out when the kids are ready for it and have the background information and life baggage to deal with it.

Red

Thread Information