AZGOLDSMEMBER86 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

ok my tamox prescription ..

have 3 10mg tbs left . my script wontbe in till Friday .. will i be ok?

Blog Entries
    bump

DanB is offline Banned
    is it pct, trt, on cycle?

what dose you currently on?

Blog Entries
    for gyno reversal from doc.

Atomini is offline Banned
    You'll be fine. The half life of Nolvadex is actually 7-14 days, NOT 24 HOURS as so many would have you believe. If you've been taking it for a while, you're good.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Abstract
    We have shown previously that a reduction from the conventional dose of tamoxifen is associated with a comparable modulation of circulating biomarkers, including insulin -like growth factor-I and cholesterol. In the present study, we have correlated serum tamoxifen elimination with biomarker recovery in healthy subjects completing a 5-year intervention period. Tamoxifen, N-desmethyltamoxifen, and biomarker levels were measured at 0 (baseline), 2, 4, and 6 weeks after completion of treatment in 23 healthy postmenopausal women allocated to tamoxifen 20 mg/day and in 6 women allocated to placebo. Mean (+/-SD) serum tamoxifen and N-desmethyltamoxifen concentrations were, respectively, 141 +/- 50 and 226 +/- 77 ng/ml at baseline, 36 +/- 19 and 99 +/- 46 at 2 weeks, 20 +/- 15 and 61 +/- 37 at 4 weeks, and 12 +/- 9 and 36 +/- 26 at 6 weeks. Serum tamoxifen and N-desmethyltamoxifen half-lives were 9 and 13 days, respectively. Body mass index was associated positively with drug's serum half-life. Compared with baseline values, the percentage increase in total cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein cholesterol, and insulin-like growth factor-I 4 weeks after treatment completion was 5, 9, and 14%, respectively. No change during the 6-week period was observed in the placebo arm. Our findings indicate that the biomarker recovery is slower than serum tamoxifen elimination, suggesting that low tamoxifen concentrations may still exert a biological effect. In addition, the prolonged half-life of tamoxifen and metabolite provides the rationale for a weekly administration of the drug in a preventive context. However, the clinical implications of our findings remain to be defined.

Thread Information