Thread: spiritualism

fusion777 is offline Junior Member

spiritualism

so is there any deemsters on this forum or what ? lol , any body here into terence mckenna , aldous huxley , timothy leary?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I've read about it in college (last two). I'm not very spiritual, although i like thinking/talking abouut it from time to time

right on , I would suggest the doors of perception by aldous huxley if your still into it.

Quote Originally Posted by fusion777 View Post
    right on , I would suggest the doors of perception by aldous huxley if your still into it.
    not really. when i was in my spiritualism kick, I was more into the eastern/zen thing. you know, meditation, relaxation..................

when i was a kid, I was into incense, and all that headshop crap you used to see

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    not really. when i was in my spiritualism kick, I was more into the eastern/zen thing. you know, meditation, relaxation..................

when i was a kid, I was into incense, and all that headshop crap you used to see
    In other words back when you were into more natural types of relaxation and partake in recreation things we are not allowed to discuss here. lol

oh man only if you guys knew......

red_hulk is offline Member
    I've read some theories by Timothy Leary, I really enjoy his stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    In other words back when you were into more natural types of relaxation and partake in recreation things we are not allowed to discuss here. lol
    I was at the epicenter of it all brother! we had it all! I was a stones throw away from SF. "Make love, not war" was the mantra of the day. I missed the summer of love by a few years, but the reverberations were still being felt. Hippies were common place. Headshops were common, even in the malls. People that didn't know my name in highschool would refer to me as that "frisbee dude" as I carried mine to school every day. still have the scars on my index finger; had callouses there for years. My office was the parking lot, and we regularlly held "meetings".

Today, I'd be a criminal, but back then, i was the "frisbee dude".

AZGOLDSMEMBER86 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Spirituality and religion are not same .

Quote Originally Posted by AZGOLDSMEMBER86 View Post
    Spirituality and religion are not same .
    I'm pretty sure they are to some extent , religion is your spiritual beliefs ?

I really don't believe you can talk to the dead in the ordinary sense..........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiritualism

Spiritualism is a belief system or religion, postulating the belief that spirits of the dead residing in the spirit world have both the ability and the inclination to communicate with the living. Anyone may receive spirit messages, but formal communication sessions (séances) are held by "mediums", who can then provide information about the afterlife.[1]

Spiritualism developed and reached its peak growth in membership from the 1840s to the 1920s, especially in English-language countries.[2][3] By 1897, it was said to have more than eight million followers in the United States and Europe,[4] mostly drawn from the middle and upper classes, while the corresponding movement in continental Europe and Latin America is known as Spiritism.

The religion flourished for a half century without canonical texts or formal organization, attaining cohesion through periodicals, tours by trance lecturers, camp meetings, and the missionary activities of accomplished mediums. Many prominent Spiritualists were women, and like most Spiritualists, supported causes such as the abolition of slavery and women's suffrage.[2] By the late 1880s the credibility of the informal movement had weakened due to accusations of fraud being perpetrated by mediums, and formal Spiritualist organizations began to appear.[2] Spiritualism is currently practiced primarily through various denominational Spiritualist Churches in the United States, Canada and United Kingdom.

warmouth is offline Productive Member
    HA HA! If we only knew what? I got to know. Please tell me. And TR, you dont believe we can talk to the dead?

Quote Originally Posted by warmouth View Post
    HA HA! If we only knew what? I got to know. Please tell me. And TR, you dont believe we can talk to the dead?
    I was with a girl one time. she was dead some of the time. Usually just under the sheets. I could get her to talk from time to time. but other than that, i'd have to say no..................................

Quote Originally Posted by warmouth View Post
    if you only knew all the sh*it I've done ! haha I'm into the whole psychedelic scene and expanding my mind.

Bigshotvictoria is offline Senior Member
    if you only knew all the sh*it I've done ! haha I'm into the whole psychedelic scene and expanding my mind.
    I had a period like that when I was younger. "The spirit molecule" was my thing. Joe Rogans too. I hope that doesn't cross the line into rec talk. I'll edit if it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigshotvictoria View Post
    I had a period like that when I was younger. "The spirit molecule" was my thing. Joe Rogans too. I hope that doesn't cross the line into rec talk. I'll edit if it does.
    Oh yeah I've had full breakthroughs on that special little spiritual neurotransmitter , and many other things wish I could talk more about the expirience but don't wanna break the rules.....

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    Oh yeah I've had full breakthroughs on that special little spiritual neurotransmitter , and many other things wish I could talk more about the expirience but don't wanna break the rules.....

Just to let you know real spirituality doesn't delve into rec drugs. If you have an "experience" from a rec drug it may be valid but it is a "forced" experience and not true spirituality. Expanding your consciousness is a natural progression and isn't meant to be forced or to seek "peak experiences".

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    Spirituality is a lifestyle kind of like bodybuilding. You live a certain way and it is a path that takes you to a higher level of consciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Brohim View Post
    Spirituality is a lifestyle kind of like bodybuilding. You live a certain way and it is a path that takes you to a higher level of consciousness.
    Your very right , but kind of wrong . for one these chemicals are FAR from recreational and I did it under the supervision of a shaman .When people think of these drugs they think oh people take this crap to see cool colors and elves and all kinds of crazy hullucinations. But in reality those are just side effects to what the drug is really doing to you Wich is altering your state of mind.

When you employ into one of these pergernations of one of these chemicals YOU create this "trip" It is a reflection of YOU and you have this oppurtunity to be engulfed into this state of mind and exlpore it at your will.

No you don't need these drugs to be very spiritual but unless your a buhddist monk living in a temple for a very long time your far from it.these chemicals kind of give you a force ego-death its the craziest thing ever . You don't like watching tv you see how fake it is, you don't bother talking and debating about politics you see how its all an effed up game . No you don't need these "drugs" to realize thus but you sure as hella see it from a whole other perspective.

Not trying to down talk to you like you don't know anything brother but I like spreading knowledge to anyone even if its a little.
    And I would diagree with you on a "forced" expirience its more of a forced "state of mind" Hey there's a reason why aztec priest would consume mushrooms on a daily basis There's obviously some good in these "forced" state of minds lol.

Ofcourse when someone decides to try these things it should always be for the right reasons, or you could have a very traumatic expirience.

Thread Information