RayL is offline Associate Member

Polygraph/Lie Detector

Any bros out that ever had to take a polygraph? Just wondering what your experiences might be. Can it be beat?

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    trying for a law enforcement position?

yes

I Stand Alone is offline Junior Member
    Trying out for LE is a tricky thing. If the department giving the test finds or believe you are not being truthful it may come to hunt you at a later time when putting in apps at other dept. They all share background check info and will share the fact that they found you didnt do well on a polygraph. OF course if everything you put down on your app and background check is true and correct they wont find anything. I have personally never took one but had many close friends who have, some lied and got away with it, some told the truth and were accused of lying ( one even got the job after he was accused). Good luck it is a crappy thing to rely on for truthfulness

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Well, the PT is not going to decide anything for them. It's a suspicion activator. PT's are so inconsistant that they can't really tell much from them. I have a friend that had to take one and failed his name and birthday.
    Best to pass, but not severly detrimental to your acceptance

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Pop a valium and you will do fine.

can't use valium because I'll be gettin drug tested, interviewed, psychological test, etc. on the same day and I don't know which one will be first. Also, I don't use drugs although I experimented with them in my teens. Thats what I am trying to hide.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by RayL
    Also, I don't use drugs although I experimented with them in my teens. Thats what I am trying to hide.
    From what I've heard its better to tell them the truth about past drug use...unless you did some serious shit.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    I believe that they no longer use polygraphs for testimonials in court anymore because they are so easy to beat. Basically they things dont work. if your nervous when taking it -which everybody usually is- you have a good chance of failing. I am surprised that LE makes you take one.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    I have heard if you can take a xanax you should relax and be fine....same with valium as rickson stated....maybe try and get a script from a quack doc or something? Anyone know what type of questions they ask?

Thread Information