Thread: No Future?

fast is offline Associate Member

No Future?

Just wanted to throw my vision here..

Im 20 years old, done with regular school and college and now I should decide if I should go to university or work for few years..

But now the problem is that Im not interrested in university or working on a building site. Only thing that intrests me is going to gym and developing my physique to very high level. Now I got the chance of my life. No school or anything, just eating, sleeping and gym.

(No problems with money, I have counted my expenses and it helps that Im absolutist so no drinking student life for me, only possible bigger things I need money for will be possibly gear, TV and food)

Anyone of you ever thought of this path? If so, throw in a comment, hopefully Im not the only one.

Last edited by fast; 04-30-2003 at 01:45 PM.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    why not get an education in what you love....nutrition or pt or something?

i'm not saying education will guarantee a cash flow, but it's something nobody can ever take away from you.

mnkc: That`s true, but my grades ain`t good enough for those "lines" in university.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    grades don't equal education...but, coming from experience grades are a direct result of your desire, drive, dicipline and many sleepless nights

whatever you choose, good luck man!!

Thanks

KeyMastur is offline VET
    I'd say go ahead and get that piece of paper called a Degree just in case. Call it a back up plan if you want.

chinups Guest
    Degree!

mammoth is offline Member
    Definitely degree!! If you don't get an education now and then decide later in life that you do, you will very quickly find out why you should have done it at an earlier age. I never finished college, and I regret every minute of it. Right now I don' t really have the time to dedicate to school. Training to me is more important at the moment. If I had finished college I wouldn't have that problem right now. Just my .02!!

Thanks for your comments bro`s ! I really respect your opinnions!

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    I'm also 20. Posted something similar like this bro. Everyone on AR (just about) believe it best to get the degree, get it over with, and at least have it. I'd suggest the same to you as well bro. I know how hard it is, and I'm trying my best to survive. If i'm lucky, and play my cards right, I might be able to finish in 2 more years, and get the hell out of school

Thanks man.. glad to hear from someone that has been on the same situation.

BIG-G is offline Banned
    IM 26 and been sayin the same thing for years, "dont care where i live, as long as theres a gym!' "fuck college, got gear!" Spent that dough on the sickest cycle in the world, turn into a freak and make money off of ur freakzilla body!!!

HorseFace is offline Junior Member
    Yea bro, I know where youre coming from. I graduated highschool with a 57% overall average so went to a community college for a year, dropped out and worked in a warehouse for another year. Got sick of that so I got into university as a mature student just finished year one with an 77% average, nothing to write home about but a big improvement.

I know what you mean about working out. My #1 priorities are still hitting the gym, eating, and sleeping.

BIG R is offline Member
    Fast,

My life has followed the path that you are asking about. I graduated with a BS in Chem 3 years ago on a pre-med path with a 3.3 GPA....only now I havent picked up a book in all of that time. I won my 1st competition later that same year then my national qualification in 6 more months after. I got my certified trainer certificate and now do personal training. I make good money and this is what I love to do.

R

Ohh.. Thanks for your comments.

I might consider going to "pay to study" university, in Finland most of the universities are free but for these "pay to study" you need to pay but they don`t look for your grades.

Other option could be doing gym 110%, that tastes good for me.
    The only place I really feel alive is the gym. All of my friends are there, and I don`t mind having some junkie/alcoholist = student friends.
    Perhaps im just so simple guy, but I just love the gym!

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I graduate college now in June. I will start working and maybe travel. University can wait, atleast for me.

Good luck with your choice bro.

Thanks palme, Good luck to you too !

If you love physical so much (hey we all do!), why not go to uni. and study to become a gym teacher?

A degree in phys-ed + real training experience can open interesting doors.

Red

Red Ketchup: Check out the earilier replys, I don`t have grades for that

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    fast,

Just my opinion, but get the degree done as soon as you can. My story is that I went to work out of high school, then at about 21 started at a bank and worked on my career full time and school part time for about 11 years now. Having to do both sucks. It has made my social life non-existent most of the time. I just got a BS degree in Business and Computers last summer at age 31. I started a Masters of Business Admin, last fall and will be half way through it by the end of this year.

Over here in the U.S. the economy is pretty weak and employers are looking over many people with 4 year degrees and taking only people with graduate degrees and great grades, at least for highly skilled jobs. I have to compete with many foreign nationals that have come here originally on student visas and racked up usually more than one masters degree if not a doctorate while being supported by their families.

Anyway, my choice for you would be school, I am sure you could do it full time and still find a couple of hours a day to work out hard!

Good luck!

Originally posted by fast
    Red Ketchup: Check out the earilier replys, I don`t have grades for that
    Yeah I saw that but there are ways to fix that.

Until I was in my early 20's my grades REALLY stank. I almost flunked out of high school, and did flunk out of college once.

Then after working at a shitty job I hated for a year (stacking boxes and tires in a damm warehouse) I woke up, kicked myself in the ass and went to evening school at the community college (pay per class), to get 3-4 pre-requisites I needed to get in and prove to university I was ok. I never worked so hard.

Now I have a job I like, and the qualifications I picked up allowed me to be a firefighter part time for 11 years and now to teach at the firemans college.

There is no free lunch... if you're a shitty lazy student like I am, then you'll have to kick yourself in the head and work harder than you thought was possible. BTW shitty students make awesome teachers we understand other shitty students

Just my 2 cents worth

Red

HeartDocMD is offline AR Medical Advisor
    Acually, your grades don't prohibit you from entering any of the above fields mentioned, only your mentality does. Start off at a local two year college, bust your ass and get your associates with a good GPA. From there you can apply out to a better college where you can receive a degree in anything of your choice. Anything is possible in life, at times I thought the path I chose was impossible, but through hard work and no sleep...I made it, and I am confident if you put your mind to it you can as well. Good luck!

Yeah cool, my friend suggested me this option too. To go at "evening classes" and to raise my grades there..

Cool comments again bro`s, nice to find people that really understand !

Thread Information