Page 494 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 3944444844894904914924934944954964974984995045445949941494 ... LastLast
Results 19,721 to 19,760 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    The strengthening is a big part of it. But my main focus is fat burning and maintaining the lean mass i already had. I try to keep my time between sets to 45 seconds or less. My split is 2days on 1 off from resistance training and 7 days of cardio.

I've actually decided to take a rest day though. I know my body well enough to know today's pain was from going at it a little too hard this week. Doms always seem to hit me the 2nd day which i count as good pain, when i hurt within hours of training I know its more.

The shoulders feel better today and i don't have the pain i had last night. I'll either do legs tomorrow or take one more cardio day.

I look forward to lifting heavy with less total reps, but I think i'm going to give this a few more weeks.
    Getting everything back(MM is a great thing)... I totally get what your doing regarding your routine... You know your body better than anyone else! I know how it is to come back from an injury(not fun having to start from scratch all over again) but that profess turns pretty quickly when you've w/o-ed your whole life!

Best of luck Scotty!
    almostgone likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    AG, always something... It's Never easy, is it... Hope it closes up for ya(I find duct tape/and or electrical tape & some crazy glue works ok... Not to much as its toxic I believe) lol... Works well though....
    almostgone likes this.

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    I use super glue frequently to close wounds. (construction mechanic, I'm wounded often lol)
    NACH3 and BG like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk14dl View Post
    I use super glue frequently to close wounds. (construction mechanic, I'm wounded often lol)
    Exactly.... Elretrical here lol

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    Exactly.... Elretrical here lol
    lol how do you manage to cut yourself doing electrical? It's mostly being burned than cut haha!

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    AG, always something... It's Never easy, is it... Hope it closes up for ya(I find duct tape/and or electrical tape & some crazy glue works ok... Not to much as its toxic I believe) lol... Works well though....
    Stuck it with Staphaseptic and butterflies. Looks good, last long time.

LOL, the carpet and floor in the shop is starting to look like something off of The Devil's Rejects .
    Will clean it up tomorrow.
    Last edited by almostgone; 04-16-2015 at 10:52 PM.
    NACH3 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Damn what I miss? Anything good?!
    Nah, wasn't quite in keeping with the general thread topic.
    NACH3 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EquilibriumZ View Post
    lol how do you manage to cut yourself doing electrical? It's mostly being burned than cut haha!
    Try sticking your hand in and through sheet rock all day, when gong over other people's shitty work! Lol. Youll get burned a lil if your lucky... You get hit w/anything 410a or higher you may live but it's gonna blow up first then burn(it's so hot it actually welds itself together if you blow a breaker/or if 3phase & the hots aren't in correct order - the outlet will get welded together)...hence the importance of turning off the Main(or the panel) when working(and doing it yourself so you know it's off is the safest way t do things!
    Last edited by NACH3; 04-17-2015 at 09:47 AM.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Chest this am fellas/the split is working well this far! Hit a PB(on Smith though - shoulder)!

Stretching SMF RCs

Warmed up w/lateral raises front/side light bench for pressing

1. Incline smith 3 feelers 1w(315) 6-1force/trip drop/275/275/225 RPs on all 4/3/3/ 10s in between or just enough time to strip bar

2. Flat DB - 1w 110s/6 DD 3-2

3. High/mid/low cables suppersetted 3w each 8-10

4. Pec Deck palms down - 3w 6-10

5. Burn out on hammer neutrals/reg grip 3w to failure

Tons of blood in my chest one good session very intense

Abs body weight 20min elliptical
    Weights 48min done felt good shoulder is a bit sore but will ice/heat when I get home!
    clarky. likes this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Hi guys just to let you know marcus is very very busy with work and it needs his full attention and it's taking up all his free time he will be back soon.
    NACH3 and almostgone like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Hi guys just to let you know marcus is very very busy with work and it needs his full attention and it's taking up all his free time he will be back soon.
    Thx for the update, clarky!!

Thx for the update, clarky!!
    Your welcome nach. The big man asked me to update the thread just to let yous all know.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Shoulders tonight.

Was going to go light but hammer strength machine was taken....so hit smith press to start.

So started my RC warms and stretches....

Smith press 3 warms 2 feels ( got 8 on my first working so went heavier.) then one working set (205# PB) 1 drop.....question here....how far do you guys bring the bar down....I used to bring down to neck and almost top of my pecs. Recentyl watching a few guys im seeing nose area and mouth....So today I went to about chin.

Cable behind back laterals 2 working 1 drop

Cable front raise 2 working 1 drop

Bent over db rears 2 working

Db shrugs 2 working

PEC/DEC 2 working

Felt really strong today....tried to take pics...but hard taking shoulder pics....not really sure how to pose for them.
    NACH3, almostgone and clarky. like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Shoulders tonight.

Was going to go light but hammer strength machine was taken....so hit smith press to start.

Smith press 3 warms 2 feels ( got 8 on my first working so went heavier.) then one working set (205# PB) 1 drop.....question here....how far do you guys bring the bar down....I used to bring down to neck and almost top of my pecs. Recentyl watching a few guys im seeing nose area and mouth....So today I went to about chin.

Db shrugs 2 working

PEC/DEC 2 working

Felt really strong today....tried to take pics...but hard taking shoulder pics....not really sure how to pose for them.
    Awesome on the PB... With my shoulder I at least still break 90 but mouth/chin is where i go I used to do it like you down more but it's just a killer in your joints!

Awesome on the PB... With my shoulder I at least still break 90 but mouth/chin is where i go I used to do it like you down more but it's just a killer in your joints!
    I figured most of u guys don't go down to chest. Because I see alot of shoulder issues here.

But what's the proper way nach??

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Leg day ended up today because my boy had something to do yesterday. I was warming up squatting, 225/285 was fine but 315 after I racked my back was tweaked still from the dead's. So Ill medicate and skip dead's next Tuesday and hopefully be OK for Thursday legs.
    almostgone likes this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Leg day ended up today because my boy had something to do yesterday. I was warming up squatting, 225/285 was fine but 315 after I racked my back was tweaked still from the dead's. So Ill medicate and skip dead's next Tuesday and hopefully be OK for Thursday legs.
    Hopefully u r ok BG!!

Keep us updated
    NACH3 and BG like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I figured most of u guys don't go down to chest. Because I see alot of shoulder issues here.

But what's the proper way nach??
    To prevent any shoulder discomfort I will put the bench at the slightest decline from upright(put the seat not as high as incline), and just break 90 degrees or a lil more... Anything else(just like chest the farther you go down the more risk of over stretching your ligaments and tendons) thus going to your mouth/nose area would be sufficient and less risk of injury, while still hitting the whole delt(more so a mass exercise so low rep w/higher weight if shoulder doesn't feel bad)...

Does that help.., I use this method as w/chest too(I stop about 1" b4 BB hits chest - DBs I like the stretch it gives but not too much(for me)...
    BG likes this.

To prevent any shoulder discomfort I will put the bench at the slightest decline from upright(put the seat not as high as incline), and just break 90 degrees or a lil more... Anything else(just like chest the farther you go down the more risk of over stretching your ligaments and tendons) thus going to your mouth/nose area would be sufficient and less risk of injury, while still hitting the whole delt(more so a mass exercise so low rep w/higher weight if shoulder doesn't feel bad)...

Does that help.., I use this method as w/chest too(I stop about 1" b4 BB hits chest - DBs I like the stretch it gives but not too much(for me)...
    Def helps.

But chest I always touch pecs. And db I wanna say I'm even coming parallel to pecs...

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Def helps.

But chest I always touch pecs. And db I wanna say I'm even coming parallel to pecs...
    Yeah I can't do that w/chest and it's really not necessary but if it's comfortable than continue(if you get pain stop shorter) and w/DBs I like almost touching my shoulders w/the weight(but I turn my hands in(neutral while lowering as it's easier on my shoulder)

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Yeah I can't do that w/chest and it's really not necessary but if it's comfortable than continue(if you get pain stop shorter) and w/DBs I like almost touching my shoulders w/the weight(but I turn my hands in(neutral while lowering as it's easier on my shoulder)
    I like to stop just short of my chest maybe 1/2 inch and I also don't completely lock out each rep. My thought process is once the weight touches your chest you're not putting the maximum amount of stress on your pecs anymore and once you've locked it out your tricepts and delts are taking the brunt of the weight. But to each their own.

Another pure cardio day today. 1hr and 10 minutes of keeping my heart rate above 140. Have I mentioned how much I hate cardio? Even music isn't enough of a distraction. If it wasn't for the occasional hot chick (that may or may not be jailbait I'm not sure yet) that keeps coming in I'd have already wrapped the treadmills safety shut off cord around my neck and cranked it and hoped for a slip. OK maybe I don't hate it that bad but its bad enough

Man. . Db chest press I feel like I go deeper then bb. Possibly below chest. Always pause too.
    NACH3 likes this.

Shoulders tonight.

Db shrugs 2 working

PEC/DEC 2 working

Nice session sfla. I go down to nose level then when going up i never lock out the higher you go the more tri you will use. Just play about with it but do them slow so you can find what works for you sfla you just have to find where to stop low/high so you have that constant tension on the delt for you.
    Remember what works for this person might not work for you don't short change yourself because someone said this is how you do it.

Back this morning i never got there yesterday had some crap to do so i will report back later guys.
    almostgone likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Right w/Ya clarky... What may work for me/or someone else, may not work for others(especially if it's Shoukder related)... Good advice, never change something if it's working for you!!

Chest is really sore had a really good one yesterday! Legs today! Will also report back later!

Legs today
    clarky. and almostgone like this.

Just got back from a great back session guys stretching and wg pd for a warm up.

WG PD 1 working DD D Handle

CG PD 1 working DD

Straigh arm PD wide grip 1 working 1 drop

Bent over BB row 1 working 1 drop

Deads 3 sets to fail usual just below the knee

20 min of cardio treadmill

Done. Great session guys
    NACH3, almostgone and BG like this.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    I go missing for a few days and Nach3 gets all red congrats buddy well deserved.

Been mad busy this week but still hitting the gym hard. Today was fasted cardio 30 mins and arms season now to be fair really enjoyed this week of training.
    almostgone and BG like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DCI View Post
    I go missing for a few days and Nach3 gets all red congrats buddy well deserved.

Been mad busy this week but still hitting the gym hard. Today was fasted cardio 30 mins and arms season now to be fair really enjoyed this week of training.
    Thx DCI, much appreciated!

I was wondering where you've been ... Sounds like all has been going well!!! Great to see/hear!
    DCI likes this.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by DCI
    I go missing for a few days and Nach3 gets all red congrats buddy well deserved. Been mad busy this week but still hitting the gym hard. Today was fasted cardio 30 mins and arms season now to be fair really enjoyed this week of training.
    welcome back buddy....... Getting ready to go shred my back
    almostgone and DCI like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Legs this am(only had 45 min) done in 34... Best leg w/o yet...

1. Calves 2 feel 2w/6-8 dd/5/4

2. ISO squat 5 plates aside 2 feelers 2w/6/4 1 drop 3 5s neg

3. Leg press - 1 feeler 1w(8 plates aside)6 dd 4/3

4. RDLs 2w failure 6-10

5. Suppersetted leg extensions/leg curls to failure 3w 6-10

Great session very short and intense can't walk now off to a 3k walk jog interval or just walking
    clarky. and almostgone like this.

Incline pull downs

Incline DB curls

Seated rows

Peaches curls

Close grip rows

Hammer curls

Lawn mowers

21's

35 minutes low intensity cardio and done
    NACH3 likes this.

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    Incline pull downs

Incline DB curls

Seated rows

Peaches curls

Close grip rows

Hammer curls

Lawn mowers

21's

35 minutes low intensity cardio and done
    The pull downs, have you always done those and thats facing the pulley?

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

The incline pull downs are on the hammer strength and yes it's leaning forward into the incline. Really activates the lats if you hold at the bottom of the contraction for a second or two

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    The incline pull downs are on the hammer strength and yes it's leaning forward into the incline. Really activates the lats if you hold at the bottom of the contraction for a second or two
    Behind neck or in front Bio?

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    Behind neck or in front Bio?
    it's in the front pulling to the chest

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    it's in the front pulling to the chest
    Thought so... Ima try those... I can't do behind the neck anything... But it also sounds like it keeps your form real strict and not using your body the way you would w/reg pull downs?!

Hammer strength machine has a pad in front you hold your body against, so there's no cheating
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk14dl View Post
    Hammer strength machine has a pad in front you hold your body against, so there's no cheating
    They usually all do for rows... Mostly all machines will have that pad. It just sounded different doing it facing an incline and sounds like it would isolate even more... Haven't done those yet, but love the hammer strength row(all hammer strength is great)
    hawk14dl and BG like this.

Agree, they're great machines
    NACH3 and BG like this.

BG
    Oh ok you were doing back also, I didnt read enough, now I understand the lawn mowers I thought you were talking about curls, the ones where they lay back down facing the cable pully on an incline bench curling towards them. I dont know if that makes sense, but I always wondered if it worked.
    almostgone likes this.

Thread Information