Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

AKD_FitChick is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    DB military press s/s Seated DB lateral raises 1 warm 2 working. Nice burn here

Smith Military Presses S/S BB front raises 2 working partials on both

Face down 30degree bench DB rear delt 2 working these were hard
    Thanks Nacho

DB side lateral burn out

Less than 30 min. Shoulders are torched.
    Great workout!

That's crazy quick!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Capebuffalo likes this.

Great job. Should have Bambi legs the rest of the day. Nice.
    Really getting those feeler reps is important. Next week will be even better, cause I know my starting point now.

Last edited by AKD_FitChick; 04-11-2017 at 09:26 AM.
    almostgone likes this.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Quote Originally Posted by AKD_FitChick View Post
    Great workout!

That's crazy quick!!!

I had to check my phone once. Then it took me a minute to refocus. But other than that it was pretty much straight through.
    almostgone likes this.

I had to check my phone once. Then it took me a minute to refocus. But other than that it was pretty much straight through.
    Must have been important Focus is good! Be careful you might hurt yourself.
    Capebuffalo likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quads -

Hack Squat -
    Warm - 90lb
    S1 - 230 8 reps
    S2 - 250 5 reps
    Drop 230 7 reps

Leg ext
    Warm - 95 lbs
    S1-120 9 reps
    S2- 140 8 reps
    S3 - 150 6 reps
    S4 - 160 4 reps
    Drop 140 7 reps
    I was testing on this one, so I just kept going up. I know next time I can probably make my start 140

Leg press
    Warm 270
    S1- 360 9 reps
    S2- 450 5 reps
    Drop 1 360 7 reps
    Drop 2 270 8 reps

BB walking lunges 20, 10 each leg each set
    S1- 50lb
    S2- 50lb
    S3- 60lb
    S4- 50lb

Smith squats
    3 sets ranged up to 120 legs were sore from lunges and everything else, so just went to where I felt fatigued.

1 set of static lunges

Forgot I finished off with these, don't know the name.

3 sets 12 each 45lb plate. Really deep. My knee handled it.

Abs for about 15 min......getting hard is so fun.

Little under an hour total. 45 on legs.

Time to crawl into bed......kidding. Shower time.

Hope your mornings are great!

T bar rows. Great exercise! Usually do mine on back day.

Nice work!
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Scarfing down a bunch of tuna and rice and then my flabtacular self is headed into sleep mode . I WILL lift tonight.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    T bar rows. Great exercise! Usually do mine on back day.

Nice work!
    Thanks AG! I use them for squats with a little shoulder lift. I face the bad at the head, not standing over it like you do for rows. I grab the head with my hands and squat down wide stance and then push back up and raise above shoulders for a press too. I love it. Feel I can get good range.
    Sfla80 and almostgone like this.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Well got a quick back session in.

Started off great.

Bent d ring pd 3w 1f 2w dd

Underhand hammer strength tbar machine 1f 2w 1d

Low pully hammer strength 2w dd

Got one feel set in on seated rows, and I just couldn't finish. Pain is bad today. Tried to push through, but the raidiating pain down the leg and foot is pretty bad right now. Probably worse it's been.

Still got in there and did a little damage. Tomorrow is a new day, and will kill my chest

Hope everyone is having a great day!

TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post

Started off great.

Got one feel set in on seated rows, and I just couldn't finish. Pain is bad today. Tried to push through, but the raidiating pain down the leg and foot is pretty bad right now. Probably worse it's been.

Still got in there and did a little damage. Tomorrow is a new day, and will kill my chest

I haven't been following so apologize for not knowing full story on the back, but I am not a fan of seated rows with any kind of low back issues. I have not had any chronic low back problems but feel definite stress and potential there once the weight gets up there
    AKD_FitChick likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TrailRunAZ View Post
    I haven't been following so apologize for not knowing full story on the back, but I am not a fan of seated rows with any kind of low back issues. I have not had any chronic low back problems but feel definite stress and potential there once the weight gets up there
    Yeah I agree. I push my limits right now as it is to be honest.

Today I probably should not have even stepped foot in the gym.

I "know" for the most part of what I can and can not do. I just have bad days, and worse days right now

Appreciate the input though.

Join the thread....

AKD_FitChick and almostgone like this.

Started off great.

Man oh man. Great job on doing some damage. Pain is no fun.
    almostgone likes this.

Started off great.

You make an appointment today?

Man oh man. Great job on doing some damage. Pain is no fun.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body. Just kidding buddy. Sorry you haven't gotten relief yet. Get the epideraral before Disney.
    almostgone likes this.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Triceps

V bar push downs
    3 warm upsets - fully warmed my elbows up and got into my groove
    1 working set - to failure then 2 drop sets both to failure

Seated French press both arms
    2 feeler sets
    1 working set to failure

Close grip smith machine press
    2 feel sets
    1 working set to failure plus 2 rest pause

Kickbacks
    1 working set - hit higher end rep range then down to half's and quarters

30mins of cardio - bike

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Triceps

V bar push downs

2 feeler sets
    1 working set to failure

2 feel sets

Kickbacks

30mins of cardio - bike
    Daddy's home. Hey big guy. Hope all is well and your schedule lightens up.
    AKD_FitChick and marcus300 like this.

Daddy's home. Hey big guy. Hope all is well and your schedule lightens up.
    Thanks Cape.

I'm good my friend just been really busy but I have some free days now to relax and chill

Time for a re-post to get some motivation going

First let me try and get this across about the mental side of training.

When you see Dorian speak or train you can see he is mentally as well as physically strong. Many of the top Pro's seem to have this ability to have this mental focus to train to the level what is required to stimulate those fibers what seem to grow the biggest. I really do think its something what can be learnt and by perseverance we can get this mental focus and use it to its fullest. I've always had the motivation to train and get big and nothing in my life would stop me but I did have to learn how to release those feelings to train to a level were i wanted to get to. Over time I got the mental edge to train to true positive failure I don't know why but its something over the years what came naturally to me and I've mentioned many times within this thread how I try and get into this zone. For me we all have our little things we do to prepare ourselves before one of those working sets what is going to test us mentally as well as physically, I feel this is an individual thing what you have to find what works for you.

For me I think about certain things what have happened to me in my past what ignites my adrenalin and releases an inner aggression what I can only state as unstoppable. I talk to my inner self and take away everything around me, I am alone and only can hear my inner voice speaking and I drift to a time and relive an event in my mind like I am there again, the feelings what I felt at the time I feel again, the atmosphere I feel around me exactly like it was, I relive the exact circumstances at that moment and how I felt after and this completely isolates me from the outside world and I am stuck in the past reliving an event. At a moments notice I can come straight out into this rage and channel these emotions into the working set with the adrenalin flowing and my inner voice shouting at me. I also use another method which works for me also, I can also concentrate and watch myself doing the working and yet again take myself out of the situation I am in and go through in my head what is about to happen and I can trigger the inner aggression. I know I want it so much, I know I have to take myself to places were my body has not been before, I know its going to hurt but I kind of like that knowing I am about to inflict pain onto myself, this again ignites all these feelings inside of me that make me feel unstoppable and no one could out lift or train with the same intensity as me. That's what I feel when I am in this zone I know no one can come close I truly believe this and with that positive thinking I can take myself to failure and beyond. That's the two ways what do it for me.

I know guys who listen to music and crank it up and get into the zone, I know guys who walk up and down thinking about the set and getting into the zone, I know guys who want to be slapped which I've done in the past which instantly releases the fighting instinct which allows you to lift more than you would if you weren't in the zone. The problem is with some guys is learning how to get into this zone, its all about mind control and taking yourself away from where you are and talking to your inner self and produce these feelings. Some people can't do this and it needs to be learnt over weeks/months just like training to true positive failure like we do with HIT. Ever watch Branch pre working set how he gets himself into the zone, you can actually see his eyes change and his whole demeanour into this animal what looks unstoppable, same with Dorian and many others they all have the ability to get into this zone and recruit those tough fibers what only get activated when your at failure and beyond.

I do watch Youtube videos many times before I go training because this for me motivates myself and helps me prepare for what I am about to do in the gym. I know some of you feed of this thread before working out because I can tell with what you say before and after you train, its all about motivation, dedication and having the mental focus to keep positive and have that inner drive. We all have been under a BB with some serious weight on thinking to yourself I am going to fail this, you even say to your partner watch me I think I am going to struggle with this one and guess what happens???? you struggle and the set is a waste of time. We all have been there and ive been there many times in the past thinking this way trying to break into new areas without having the positive mind set or approach what it takes do accomplish this.

Learn how to train your mind and you will develop further not only mentally but physically aswell. I've read a lot of mind control, self help books and I am trained in areas to help direct and open peoples minds. I really enjoy NLP which helped me when I was going through times of trouble in my mind and I couldn't focus on anything. You have to learn this behaviour if it doesn't come naturally, but simple steps and trying what works for you will point you in the right direction were you to can get into the zone what will help you develop further in your training.

ARE YOU TRAINING HARD ENOUGH?

I've had a few PM's about training and cycles and one thing what shines through to me is that a lot are not training hard enough they dont fully understand how to train correctly. We spend so much time designing cycles and eliminating sides we think we have the perfect environment to grow into something what looks like it was carved out of stone but after 15 weeks of these super cycles most are pming me asking how can they stop the gains sliding away. We assume members are training hard enough and intense enough but in reality they aren't. I see alot of members just coasting through their training sessions and doing a set number of reps and sets and think the diet and AAS will transform them into a living god but all what happens is the gains slide away and they end up going back on gear to get some kind of size back.

I can't emphasize enough how important it is to find the right training protocol for your body to grow. You have to try many training routines and find which one you respond best to. We also need to get in the right mind set when we walk in that gym, you going there for one purpose and if you don't push your body beyond what its capable of doing your not going to grow bigger. You want to be leaving that gym feeling like you just done 10 rounds with Tyson in his hay day. You have to go through the pain, you have to push and pull the hardest you have ever done before, you have to push your body to places where its never been before and push past the pain every single time you go in the gym.

Overload your body to a state were its screaming for you to stop and no matter what, you couldn't do one more rep even if your life depended on it. If you don't train in this fashion your not training hard enough. Do you want to be bigger than anyone else, do you want to turn heads and do you want to have that monster size what no one else has got then if this is the case stop FUKING around in the gym and stop going through the motions and push past your limits and use methods what take you to hell and back.

I train that hard my eye balls shake and I find it hard to focus, I mentally prepare myself and think of things what make me angry and I push that last rep out no matter what. I kind of like the pain in certain bodyparts and I can push past it into a world of total hell, I feel like I am on fire and I swear I can feel the blood surging through my veins into the muscle what I am working. When I've done my last working set I know I cant perform another rep even if someone had a gun to my head and said you'll die if you don't do another rep, I know I've come to my limit and the sick thing about this is I actually enjoy it., I dream about it, I think about it and I cant wait to get back in the gym to do it again. Its like I'm self harming because the torture I go through is extremely painful but I know this is what I have to do to maintain what I've got and to build those extra few lbs of tissue. This is what separates the normal guys who look like they go to the gym to the fuking monsters what walk this earth

The mind set you walk into the gym with goes a long way. Releasing the inner aggression so its controlled when lifting the weight is the key to maximizing gains and stimulating growth. Control your mind and you will have the best chance at exploding out of your skin. Find what works for you to get into this zone, sit silently, listen to music, think of a time what really makes you angry or do what ever it takes to get yourself in the zone to lift to your max. This isn't easy to master but once you do the rewards are outstanding. The mind is a very powerful thing and everything starts within the brain so train your inner self to get into the zone. When you watch most of the pro's train you will see them in the zone, its a natural thing what comes easy to them. Think about this next time your about to do your working set

Now are you training hard enough? ask yourself can you train harder because if the answer is yes your restricting your gains and wasting money and time. Why spend all that money on gear, gh and food when your not attacking your body like you should be. Think about it and make your next workout like your going to war with yourself.
    Sfla80, songdog and almostgone like this.

Ahh D-?

You make an appointment today?
    Busy at work. And when I did get a minute to call, they were in lunch break. I left message. No response.

I hate this doc but with my new insurance it's hard to find a new one.

I'm off tomorrow. So I'm calling as soon as they open

almostgone likes this.

Triceps

V bar push downs

2 feeler sets
    1 working set to failure

2 feel sets

Kickbacks

30mins of cardio - bike
    Marcus close grip smith.

Obviously your upper body is twice as mine to placement will be slightly different lol

But proper grip for close grip?

Shoulders align? Pecs? I think my hands line up basically pecs area.

marcus300 likes this.

Marcus close grip smith.

Obviously your upper body is twice as mine to placement will be slightly different lol

But proper grip for close grip?

Shoulders align? Pecs? I think my hands line up basically pecs area.

I don't have my hand to close to each other because it increases the chance of injury and puts tremendous strain on the wrists and elbows so I make sure my elbows are directly under my wrists. If you have your hands to close the load is transferred to your wrists and elbows when you want the full load hitting your triceps. Also the weight needs to be adjusted due to the angle and strain so if you make sure your elbows are directly under your wrists you can load the weight up which in turn will really put your triceps under load. Mind muscle connection is key by powering through the movement with your triceps instead of chest. So I aim for a slightly inner shoulder width placement.

Also don't lower the bar to the upper or mid chest area because this transfers some of the stress of the load away from your triceps due to flaring of the elbows. Lower the bar to just below the nipple or lower chest and this will keep the stress fully on the triceps and will without doubt put slabs of tissue on the backs of your arms. Another tip make sure you retract your scapula this will help with any shoulder pain and direct the stress away from that area and help to stabilize your shoulder joint so you can concentrate on the movement and drive through with your triceps.

Ive had great success with this movement for adding size and pure mass to my arms but at the moment the French press is my key movement two handed db - arhhhh I really in love with this movement

**Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

Time for a re-post to get some motivation going

First let me try and get this across about the mental side of training.

When you see Dorian speak or train you can see he is mentally as well as physically strong. Many of the top Pro's seem to have this ability to have this mental focus to train to the level what is required to stimulate those fibers what seem to grow the biggest. I really do think its something what can be learnt and by perseverance we can get this mental focus and use it to its fullest. I've always had the motivation to train and get big and nothing in my life would stop me but I did have to learn how to release those feelings to train to a level were i wanted to get to. Over time I got the mental edge to train to true positive failure I don't know why but its something over the years what came naturally to me and I've mentioned many times within this thread how I try and get into this zone. For me we all have our little things we do to prepare ourselves before one of those working sets what is going to test us mentally as well as physically, I feel this is an individual thing what you have to find what works for you.

For me I think about certain things what have happened to me in my past what ignites my adrenalin and releases an inner aggression what I can only state as unstoppable. I talk to my inner self and take away everything around me, I am alone and only can hear my inner voice speaking and I drift to a time and relive an event in my mind like I am there again, the feelings what I felt at the time I feel again, the atmosphere I feel around me exactly like it was, I relive the exact circumstances at that moment and how I felt after and this completely isolates me from the outside world and I am stuck in the past reliving an event. At a moments notice I can come straight out into this rage and channel these emotions into the working set with the adrenalin flowing and my inner voice shouting at me. I also use another method which works for me also, I can also concentrate and watch myself doing the working and yet again take myself out of the situation I am in and go through in my head what is about to happen and I can trigger the inner aggression. I know I want it so much, I know I have to take myself to places were my body has not been before, I know its going to hurt but I kind of like that knowing I am about to inflict pain onto myself, this again ignites all these feelings inside of me that make me feel unstoppable and no one could out lift or train with the same intensity as me. That's what I feel when I am in this zone I know no one can come close I truly believe this and with that positive thinking I can take myself to failure and beyond. That's the two ways what do it for me.

I know guys who listen to music and crank it up and get into the zone, I know guys who walk up and down thinking about the set and getting into the zone, I know guys who want to be slapped which I've done in the past which instantly releases the fighting instinct which allows you to lift more than you would if you weren't in the zone. The problem is with some guys is learning how to get into this zone, its all about mind control and taking yourself away from where you are and talking to your inner self and produce these feelings. Some people can't do this and it needs to be learnt over weeks/months just like training to true positive failure like we do with HIT. Ever watch Branch pre working set how he gets himself into the zone, you can actually see his eyes change and his whole demeanour into this animal what looks unstoppable, same with Dorian and many others they all have the ability to get into this zone and recruit those tough fibers what only get activated when your at failure and beyond.

I do watch Youtube videos many times before I go training because this for me motivates myself and helps me prepare for what I am about to do in the gym. I know some of you feed of this thread before working out because I can tell with what you say before and after you train, its all about motivation, dedication and having the mental focus to keep positive and have that inner drive. We all have been under a BB with some serious weight on thinking to yourself I am going to fail this, you even say to your partner watch me I think I am going to struggle with this one and guess what happens???? you struggle and the set is a waste of time. We all have been there and ive been there many times in the past thinking this way trying to break into new areas without having the positive mind set or approach what it takes do accomplish this.

Learn how to train your mind and you will develop further not only mentally but physically aswell. I've read a lot of mind control, self help books and I am trained in areas to help direct and open peoples minds. I really enjoy NLP which helped me when I was going through times of trouble in my mind and I couldn't focus on anything. You have to learn this behaviour if it doesn't come naturally, but simple steps and trying what works for you will point you in the right direction were you to can get into the zone what will help you develop further in your training.

ARE YOU TRAINING HARD ENOUGH?

I've had a few PM's about training and cycles and one thing what shines through to me is that a lot are not training hard enough they dont fully understand how to train correctly. We spend so much time designing cycles and eliminating sides we think we have the perfect environment to grow into something what looks like it was carved out of stone but after 15 weeks of these super cycles most are pming me asking how can they stop the gains sliding away. We assume members are training hard enough and intense enough but in reality they aren't. I see alot of members just coasting through their training sessions and doing a set number of reps and sets and think the diet and AAS will transform them into a living god but all what happens is the gains slide away and they end up going back on gear to get some kind of size back.

I can't emphasize enough how important it is to find the right training protocol for your body to grow. You have to try many training routines and find which one you respond best to. We also need to get in the right mind set when we walk in that gym, you going there for one purpose and if you don't push your body beyond what its capable of doing your not going to grow bigger. You want to be leaving that gym feeling like you just done 10 rounds with Tyson in his hay day. You have to go through the pain, you have to push and pull the hardest you have ever done before, you have to push your body to places where its never been before and push past the pain every single time you go in the gym.

Overload your body to a state were its screaming for you to stop and no matter what, you couldn't do one more rep even if your life depended on it. If you don't train in this fashion your not training hard enough. Do you want to be bigger than anyone else, do you want to turn heads and do you want to have that monster size what no one else has got then if this is the case stop FUKING around in the gym and stop going through the motions and push past your limits and use methods what take you to hell and back.

I train that hard my eye balls shake and I find it hard to focus, I mentally prepare myself and think of things what make me angry and I push that last rep out no matter what. I kind of like the pain in certain bodyparts and I can push past it into a world of total hell, I feel like I am on fire and I swear I can feel the blood surging through my veins into the muscle what I am working. When I've done my last working set I know I cant perform another rep even if someone had a gun to my head and said you'll die if you don't do another rep, I know I've come to my limit and the sick thing about this is I actually enjoy it., I dream about it, I think about it and I cant wait to get back in the gym to do it again. Its like I'm self harming because the torture I go through is extremely painful but I know this is what I have to do to maintain what I've got and to build those extra few lbs of tissue. This is what separates the normal guys who look like they go to the gym to the fuking monsters what walk this earth

The mind set you walk into the gym with goes a long way. Releasing the inner aggression so its controlled when lifting the weight is the key to maximizing gains and stimulating growth. Control your mind and you will have the best chance at exploding out of your skin. Find what works for you to get into this zone, sit silently, listen to music, think of a time what really makes you angry or do what ever it takes to get yourself in the zone to lift to your max. This isn't easy to master but once you do the rewards are outstanding. The mind is a very powerful thing and everything starts within the brain so train your inner self to get into the zone. When you watch most of the pro's train you will see them in the zone, its a natural thing what comes easy to them. Think about this next time your about to do your working set

Now are you training hard enough? ask yourself can you train harder because if the answer is yes your restricting your gains and wasting money and time. Why spend all that money on gear, gh and food when your not attacking your body like you should be. Think about it and make your next workout like your going to war with yourself.
    I freaking love this!!! Way powerful. Your mind is intense. I hung on every word. There is a power in what you say, it's moving.

I used to run marathons with a similar mentality. I would talk to my higher self, tell myself how we were going to get through it and push till I crossed that finish line, no matter how pained my legs were, how far I had to go, wanting to quit. You get into your zone whichever way it is. You have to continually work on the minds focus or you lose it. I have lost it at points depending on where I am in life.

You, Marcus woke me up!

Ahh D-?
    Ahhh Cape???

I don't have my hand to close to each other because it increases the chance of injury and puts tremendous strain on the wrists and elbows so I make sure my elbows are directly under my wrists. If you have your hands to close the load is transferred to your wrists and elbows when you want the full load hitting your triceps. Also the weight needs to be adjusted due to the angle and strain so if you make sure your elbows are directly under your wrists you can load the weight up which in turn will really put your triceps under load. Mind muscle connection is key by powering through the movement with your triceps instead of chest. So I aim for a slightly inner shoulder width placement.

Also don't lower the bar to the upper or mid chest area because this transfers some of the stress of the load away from your triceps due to flaring of the elbows. Lower the bar to just below the nipple or lower chest and this will keep the stress fully on the triceps and will without doubt put slabs of tissue on the backs of your arms. Another tip make sure you retract your scapula this will help with any shoulder pain and direct the stress away from that area and help to stabilize your shoulder joint so you can concentrate on the movement and drive through with your triceps.

Ive had great success with this movement for adding size and pure mass to my arms but at the moment the French press is my key movement two handed db - arhhhh I really in love with this movement
    Ok. Explain retract your scapula. Please Sir.
    Last edited by Capebuffalo; 04-11-2017 at 05:51 PM.
    marcus300 and Sfla80 like this.

Ahhh Cape???

D- I brought you over to the dark side. I go to failure in my sleep. You're glad you're here though right? We are glad you're here. You are the first female to truly train Dungeon HIT.

Sil has Obs but I just don't think it's the same. I'm really laughing out loud now.

I freaking love this!!! Way powerful. Your mind is intense. I hung on every word. There is a power in what you say, it's moving.

I used to run marathons with a similar mentality. I would talk to my higher self, tell myself how we were going to get through it and push till I crossed that finish line, no matter how pained my legs were, how far I had to go, wanting to quit. You get into your zone whichever way it is. You have to continually work on the minds focus or you lose it. I have lost it at points depending on where I am in life.

You, Marcus woke me up!

You got it well done its all in the mind its the most powerful thing we can use to achieve our goals, once the mind goes its over but if you teach and train it everyday amazing things can happen. Talking to your inner self

**Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

You got it well done its all in the mind its the most powerful thing we can use to achieve our goals, once the mind goes its over but if you teach and train it everyday amazing things can happen. Talking to your inner self
    Love it!!! I could have some great conversations with you.

The mind is like a muscle. Needs to be worked and trained like all others to grow.

It also gives us the fear to hold us back, retraining the mind to release the fear is where it is at.

Really dig the way you explained it.

marcus300 and Capebuffalo like this.

Ok. Explain retract your scapula. Please Sir.
    Its the same as when your going to do a bench press, you retract your scapula. Which is basically squeezing your shoulder blades together so you lock in the shoulders by doing this you will increase the amount of weight your press. Kind of think your squeezing them together and dropping them down into your rear pockets this will give you a very solid brace to drive with power ( power lifting days) so you can do this when doing any pressing incline, decline or flat. Learn how to fully set up your set and the power you will release will scare you

D- I brought you over to the dark side. I go to failure in my sleep. You're glad you're here though right? We are glad you're here. You are the first female to truly train Dungeon HIT.

Sil has Obs but I just don't think it's the same. I'm really laughing out loud now.
    What's the cut on obs and sil? Please explain?

I am very glad I am here. As long as the guys don't mind a woman tagging along. I love learning new styles, adapting them, training to push to the max.

I am going to get this down......I promise you!

I don't fail!

Love it!!! I could have some great conversations with you.

The mind is like a muscle. Needs to be worked and trained like all others to grow.

It also gives us the fear to hold us back, retraining the mind to release the fear is where it is at.

Really dig the way you explained it.

Fear is installed into us from an early age so once you embrace it you start to live and explore more. In our sport what separates the winners is the mind set and having a strong trained mind set will help us all dig deeper into our self belief. Many times ive gone into the gym and walked out because my mind wasn't with me and I knew I would just go through the motions and that's not how I train. I am that confident in my ability I know no one can match me on intensity and training to failure - I know this may sound cocky but that's my mind set I know and I've proved it many times and that's what separates people. You are right its a constant thing we have to do and by talking to your inner self you can explore some amazing things in life

I am very glad I am here. As long as the guys don't mind a woman tagging along. I love learning new styles, adapting them, training to push to the max.

I don't fail!

Forget sil and obs they are just two knobs

I think I will re-post some stuff for you if you like reading and this thread is so big its hard to find

I don't fail!

Sil and ob are two other members with a "wanna be" dungeon thread lol

Re-post

This is just a reminder how I go about my training, many of you use different HIT approaches which is fine but for me these below work and they will also help some of you have a better understanding what this style is all about. I've seen many training styles being mixed up but I just want to get this out there for the people who are getting confused. It also explains some of the terminology I and others use.

Rep range
    The idea rep range for building size and stimulating hypertrophy is the 6 to 12 reps. Less than 6 reps will more or less increase strength and a degree of size, performing more than 12 reps will help build muscle endurance. Make sure that your reps fall within this range and your hitting true positive failure for the best chance of hypertrpohy. If your implementing one of the beyond failure methods such as forced & negs, rest pause or dropsetting you use a weight what is heavy enough to bring your positive failure at the low end of the rep range. An example for rest pause you use a weight what you will hit true positive failure at around the 4th rep then you would rest for around 10-15 seconds and do another couple of reps, then rest again for another 10-15 seconds and hit another 2 reps with the same weight. In total your doing 8 reps which is within range and your going to failure on each rest pause so you have a high chance of stimulating the right fibers to produce the best gains. As your rep range and strength increases towards a total of 12 reps you simple increase the weight being used so your constantly increasing intensity and overload, the two keys principles of any HIT programme. You use feeler sets to determine what weight you will be using on your working set, as you use different methods like dropsetting always makes sure you don't drop the weight to much so your not going over 12 reps in total. If you are you need to be using heavier weight on the drops so your rep range hits below the 12 reps in total. I always like to use around the 8 rep range in total and increase the reps upwards until I feel i can increase the weight so my rep range falls around the 8 rep range again. We are aiming for maximum muscle fiber recruitment hitting these rep ranges at failure will have the greatest potential for muscular growth. The above advice is for someone who is already advanced and is looking to build bigger thicker muscles, its not for someone who is building a base and foundation because these people can really benefit from using a lower rep range aswell as the above.

Stimulating growth
    Remember going to true positive failure like I've describe previously hits the toughest muscle fibers what grow the biggest these are the fast twitch type 2b fibers, you hit these fibers and you will have the biggest chance of increasing in size. What we are aiming for is progression overload so you keep hitting the muscles with an increased weight so they need to change and adapt to the overload its being put under. This kind of continuous stress will have a reaction on the body and it will have no other alternative but to grow. We keep within the right rep range what stimulates the biggest growth and we continuously try and increase the intensity by increasing the reps then once the reps increase you increase the weight to bring the reps down within the correct range again. I can't stress enough about taking your muscle to true positive failure, this takes a lot of mental preparation. Before any muscle contraction occurs it originates from the brain sending signals to the nerves, the stronger the signal the more forceful the muscle contraction, in other words control your mind set pre working set and you will be in the best position to take your body to failure and beyond. I've commented many times how I go about doing my mental preparation but you master the mental side and you will see huge leaps in achieving your goals.Release the aggression by talking to your inner self and you will take your body to places its never been before. Stimulate growth by overloading your body to a state were its screaming for you to stop and no matter what you couldn't do one more rep even if your life depended on it, if you don't train in this fashion your not training hard enough.

Advanced training techniques
    Forced and negatives
    When your going to be implementing forced and negatives you need to be using a weight what your going to be hitting around the 3-4 rep range at true positive failure, then your spotter with help you with another 2 reps. I say 2 reps because its about the limit you can do once you have come to true positive failure and your partner is taking some of the weight off you, these forced reps will dig very deep into your muscle fiber recruitment. Once you have finished the forced reps the weight will be at the starting position and you start to complete negatives by lowering the weight very slowly, make sure you resist and fight the weight coming down and once at the bottom your partner will assist you to get the weight to the top of again and you will do another negative and you keep going until you cant do another negative, usually its around 2 negatives. Negatives done at this stage of a working set after positive muscle failure causes serious trauma to the muscle which will stimulate the release of growth factors. Your also 40% stronger on the eccentric part of the lift so once you hit failure in the lifting part of the exercise by yourself and adding forced with your partner the negatives will take you beyond and recruit further fibres like nothing I've experienced with any other training routine. Once this as been hit there is no need to do anything else because the damage has occurred and no more can be recruited only burn out and exhaustion. If we add the reps up you would be doing around 3-4 reps on the positive then 2 forced and then around 2 negative so in total your hitting around the 8 rep range. You have 3 strengths you have the positive, static and negative, the negative causes the most damage to the muscle and is the biggest cause of DOMS, you master negatives and you will see a huge improvement in muscle size and fullness.

Rest Pause
    Again use a weight what you will be hitting true positive failure around the 3-4 reps range, put the weight down and rest for around 10-15 seconds which should give you around another 2 reps, then repeat and rest again and hit another 2+ reps again. Your completing a set of around 8 reps than you would normally use but your rest a couple of times within the set for around 10-15 second so you recover just enough to complete another 2 reps each time. This will recruit those tough type 2b muscle fibers and if you use your feeler sets correctly you can really cause some serious damage to your muscle and create an extreme amount of over load your body isn't use to. I like the 8 rep total mark but this isn't set in stone, you may prefer 10 reps in total or even 6 but just try and makes ure your in the 6-12 rep range and work from that to increase the intensity and overload.

Drop sets
    This method needs a bit more thinking about but first lets explain what a drop set is. If we use DB curls for an example you would pick a weight again were you would be hitting around 3-4 reps at true positive failure and then get a set of lighter DB's and rep again for another couple of reps and then drop the weight again and curl another set of lighter bells for another 2-3 reps. You have to make sure you drop the weight enough to make sure you get around 2-3 reps out at failure but make sure you don't drop the weight to much, if your repping loads of reps out remember your trying to be hitting around the 8 rep range so when your doing your feeler sets its crucial to make the lighter db set just enough so you keep within the total rep range.

Halfs/quarters or partials
    With partials you are doing a standard working set to which will involve you conducting a strict full range of motion to true positive failure, at this stage you would carry on doing half reps until its impossible to complete another half rep then do a quarter reps right down till you cant move the weight. A fine example would be DB side laterals were you would do strict reps till failure then carry on doing half reps so the DB's are only coming up half way then keep going till your hardly moving the weight from the side. There will be a bit of body assistance and sloppy form come into play towards the end but at this stage its fine just to get those deep muscle fibers working by going beyond failure. Extremely effective way to recruit those tough fibers we require with a constant tension approach.

Hit Supersets
    Hit supersets entail you doing one exercise right after another with very little rest as in-between the two movements. With these types of supersets your still hitting the 6-12 rep range so your not doing anymore than 12 reps over two exercises, this is very important. Example you would go to true positive failure lets say on DB shoulder press and be at failure around the 5-6 rep then go straight into db side laterals for another 6 reps at the most which would be failure again. You have to make sure you use the right weight to hit the correct rep range so you don't go over the 12 rep ceiling otherwise you will trigger the muscle endurance and exhaustion and you wont tap into the tough fibers we require. Great examples is coupling compounds movements with isolation.

Combination
    This protocol would consist of a combination of any of the above methods, you could use rest pause and on the second rest pause you may not be able to do anymore reps so you could go straight into a drop set to finish the working set of to failure and beyond. You could even use drop sets with partials on the last drop set to really increase the burn and intensity. The combination is endless, its how you feel to complete the workings set and what you need to do to make sure its a productive one. These are great for a back up plan if your working set starts to go wrong for any reason.

Rest
    Using the above protocols is extremely tasking on your body and CNS so you need to make sure the training session are short but intense enough to stimulate growth. You also need to make sure you rest enough and have a good solid diet to suit your requirements. There is one thing for sure its impossible to train like this correctly for weeks on end, no matter how anabolic you are your going to need to pull back on the above movements and decrease the intensity and let the body fully repair and heal. This doesn't mean you have to stop training in this style just take a pullback training routine for a few weeks and lower the intensity and increase the rest days. Cortisol will fight against muscle growth so if you experience any over training symptoms its time to change things around to help your body repair and heal.

Feel sets
    The feel sets are sets what you will do previous your working set, these sets are done so you can determine what weight you will be doing on your working set. Sometimes on my first feeler set it feels light and I'm very powerful so the next feeler set I will put some poundage on and see how that feels, again if that feels easy I know I can go heavier on my working set. I also take in consideration what I am going to be doing whether its forced and negs or rest pause or drops, I just judge a weight what I will be hitting failure around the 4th - 6th rep mark or less and then incorporate the beyond failure protocols. I also remember what I did last time I did that movement because in the back of my mind I know I have to overload my body. I am always pushing heavier weights or trying to increase the intensity.

Nutrition
    Food is a major player when we are building muscle tissue or shredding bf. We need to eat enough energy releasing foods to fuel our workouts and also to promote muscle building. Nutrition is a very individual thing and nothing is set in stone no matter who tells you it is, its not. We are all different and have different levels of activity and we need to establish a baseline diet and work off this to suit your needs and goals. Make no mistake if you want to grow bigger thicker muscles than your going to have to eat big, train big and be consistent with everything you do. Once you establish your maintenance diet you can put a strategy together to add muscle and body weight or shred body fat. Learning how your body responds to different amounts of calories will be one most beneficial things you can do because this will open a plan to determine how you go about attacking and achieving your goals.

I'll pay attention next time on where my hand placement is.

Lower chest I believe I do already, never thought about it but will check this out.

When I press. My elbows come directly down to my lats. I keep them tight and close.

Saving this reply and will pay attention next round see how I am doing

marcus300 and almostgone like this.

I'll pay attention next time on where my hand placement is.

Lower chest I believe I do already, never thought about it but will check this out.

When I press. My elbows come directly down to my lats. I keep them tight and close.

Saving this reply and will pay attention next round see how I am doing

You don't have to pin your elbows to the sides, close is good but not to close
    Sfla80 likes this.

Fear is installed into us from an early age so once you embrace it you start to live and explore more. In our sport what separates the winners is the mind set and having a strong trained mind set will help us all dig deeper into our self belief. Many times ive gone into the gym and walked out because my mind wasn't with me and I knew I would just go through the motions and that's not how I train. I am that confident in my ability I know no one can match me on intensity and training to failure - I know this may sound cocky but that's my mind set I know and I've proved it many times and that's what separates people. You are right its a constant thing we have to do and by talking to your inner self you can explore some amazing things in life
    I absolutely believe that is how you train so you can sound as cocky as you want to be.

You say the words so powerfully! Dig it!

Please share the posts. I would love to read them. I love any type of knowledge. Especially about lifting weights and the mind.

marcus300 likes this.

Awe yes I have read their thread a little!

Sfla80 likes this.

They have the Castle Non Hit Training.
    Sfla80 likes this.

I don't fail!

D- you are proving yourself everyday. You belong here. Don't have a second thought about being here. Welcome home.
    AKD_FitChick likes this.

Re-post

This is just a reminder how I go about my training, many of you use different HIT approaches which is fine but for me these below work and they will also help some of you have a better understanding what this style is all about. I've seen many training styles being mixed up but I just want to get this out there for the people who are getting confused. It also explains some of the terminology I and others use.

Rep range
    The idea rep range for building size and stimulating hypertrophy is the 6 to 12 reps. Less than 6 reps will more or less increase strength and a degree of size, performing more than 12 reps will help build muscle endurance. Make sure that your reps fall within this range and your hitting true positive failure for the best chance of hypertrpohy. If your implementing one of the beyond failure methods such as forced & negs, rest pause or dropsetting you use a weight what is heavy enough to bring your positive failure at the low end of the rep range. An example for rest pause you use a weight what you will hit true positive failure at around the 4th rep then you would rest for around 10-15 seconds and do another couple of reps, then rest again for another 10-15 seconds and hit another 2 reps with the same weight. In total your doing 8 reps which is within range and your going to failure on each rest pause so you have a high chance of stimulating the right fibers to produce the best gains. As your rep range and strength increases towards a total of 12 reps you simple increase the weight being used so your constantly increasing intensity and overload, the two keys principles of any HIT programme. You use feeler sets to determine what weight you will be using on your working set, as you use different methods like dropsetting always makes sure you don't drop the weight to much so your not going over 12 reps in total. If you are you need to be using heavier weight on the drops so your rep range hits below the 12 reps in total. I always like to use around the 8 rep range in total and increase the reps upwards until I feel i can increase the weight so my rep range falls around the 8 rep range again. We are aiming for maximum muscle fiber recruitment hitting these rep ranges at failure will have the greatest potential for muscular growth. The above advice is for someone who is already advanced and is looking to build bigger thicker muscles, its not for someone who is building a base and foundation because these people can really benefit from using a lower rep range aswell as the above.

Stimulating growth
    Remember going to true positive failure like I've describe previously hits the toughest muscle fibers what grow the biggest these are the fast twitch type 2b fibers, you hit these fibers and you will have the biggest chance of increasing in size. What we are aiming for is progression overload so you keep hitting the muscles with an increased weight so they need to change and adapt to the overload its being put under. This kind of continuous stress will have a reaction on the body and it will have no other alternative but to grow. We keep within the right rep range what stimulates the biggest growth and we continuously try and increase the intensity by increasing the reps then once the reps increase you increase the weight to bring the reps down within the correct range again. I can't stress enough about taking your muscle to true positive failure, this takes a lot of mental preparation. Before any muscle contraction occurs it originates from the brain sending signals to the nerves, the stronger the signal the more forceful the muscle contraction, in other words control your mind set pre working set and you will be in the best position to take your body to failure and beyond. I've commented many times how I go about doing my mental preparation but you master the mental side and you will see huge leaps in achieving your goals.Release the aggression by talking to your inner self and you will take your body to places its never been before. Stimulate growth by overloading your body to a state were its screaming for you to stop and no matter what you couldn't do one more rep even if your life depended on it, if you don't train in this fashion your not training hard enough.

Advanced training techniques
    Forced and negatives
    When your going to be implementing forced and negatives you need to be using a weight what your going to be hitting around the 3-4 rep range at true positive failure, then your spotter with help you with another 2 reps. I say 2 reps because its about the limit you can do once you have come to true positive failure and your partner is taking some of the weight off you, these forced reps will dig very deep into your muscle fiber recruitment. Once you have finished the forced reps the weight will be at the starting position and you start to complete negatives by lowering the weight very slowly, make sure you resist and fight the weight coming down and once at the bottom your partner will assist you to get the weight to the top of again and you will do another negative and you keep going until you cant do another negative, usually its around 2 negatives. Negatives done at this stage of a working set after positive muscle failure causes serious trauma to the muscle which will stimulate the release of growth factors. Your also 40% stronger on the eccentric part of the lift so once you hit failure in the lifting part of the exercise by yourself and adding forced with your partner the negatives will take you beyond and recruit further fibres like nothing I've experienced with any other training routine. Once this as been hit there is no need to do anything else because the damage has occurred and no more can be recruited only burn out and exhaustion. If we add the reps up you would be doing around 3-4 reps on the positive then 2 forced and then around 2 negative so in total your hitting around the 8 rep range. You have 3 strengths you have the positive, static and negative, the negative causes the most damage to the muscle and is the biggest cause of DOMS, you master negatives and you will see a huge improvement in muscle size and fullness.

Rest Pause
    Again use a weight what you will be hitting true positive failure around the 3-4 reps range, put the weight down and rest for around 10-15 seconds which should give you around another 2 reps, then repeat and rest again and hit another 2+ reps again. Your completing a set of around 8 reps than you would normally use but your rest a couple of times within the set for around 10-15 second so you recover just enough to complete another 2 reps each time. This will recruit those tough type 2b muscle fibers and if you use your feeler sets correctly you can really cause some serious damage to your muscle and create an extreme amount of over load your body isn't use to. I like the 8 rep total mark but this isn't set in stone, you may prefer 10 reps in total or even 6 but just try and makes ure your in the 6-12 rep range and work from that to increase the intensity and overload.

Drop sets
    This method needs a bit more thinking about but first lets explain what a drop set is. If we use DB curls for an example you would pick a weight again were you would be hitting around 3-4 reps at true positive failure and then get a set of lighter DB's and rep again for another couple of reps and then drop the weight again and curl another set of lighter bells for another 2-3 reps. You have to make sure you drop the weight enough to make sure you get around 2-3 reps out at failure but make sure you don't drop the weight to much, if your repping loads of reps out remember your trying to be hitting around the 8 rep range so when your doing your feeler sets its crucial to make the lighter db set just enough so you keep within the total rep range.

Halfs/quarters or partials
    With partials you are doing a standard working set to which will involve you conducting a strict full range of motion to true positive failure, at this stage you would carry on doing half reps until its impossible to complete another half rep then do a quarter reps right down till you cant move the weight. A fine example would be DB side laterals were you would do strict reps till failure then carry on doing half reps so the DB's are only coming up half way then keep going till your hardly moving the weight from the side. There will be a bit of body assistance and sloppy form come into play towards the end but at this stage its fine just to get those deep muscle fibers working by going beyond failure. Extremely effective way to recruit those tough fibers we require with a constant tension approach.

Hit Supersets
    Hit supersets entail you doing one exercise right after another with very little rest as in-between the two movements. With these types of supersets your still hitting the 6-12 rep range so your not doing anymore than 12 reps over two exercises, this is very important. Example you would go to true positive failure lets say on DB shoulder press and be at failure around the 5-6 rep then go straight into db side laterals for another 6 reps at the most which would be failure again. You have to make sure you use the right weight to hit the correct rep range so you don't go over the 12 rep ceiling otherwise you will trigger the muscle endurance and exhaustion and you wont tap into the tough fibers we require. Great examples is coupling compounds movements with isolation.

Combination
    This protocol would consist of a combination of any of the above methods, you could use rest pause and on the second rest pause you may not be able to do anymore reps so you could go straight into a drop set to finish the working set of to failure and beyond. You could even use drop sets with partials on the last drop set to really increase the burn and intensity. The combination is endless, its how you feel to complete the workings set and what you need to do to make sure its a productive one. These are great for a back up plan if your working set starts to go wrong for any reason.

Rest
    Using the above protocols is extremely tasking on your body and CNS so you need to make sure the training session are short but intense enough to stimulate growth. You also need to make sure you rest enough and have a good solid diet to suit your requirements. There is one thing for sure its impossible to train like this correctly for weeks on end, no matter how anabolic you are your going to need to pull back on the above movements and decrease the intensity and let the body fully repair and heal. This doesn't mean you have to stop training in this style just take a pullback training routine for a few weeks and lower the intensity and increase the rest days. Cortisol will fight against muscle growth so if you experience any over training symptoms its time to change things around to help your body repair and heal.

Feel sets
    The feel sets are sets what you will do previous your working set, these sets are done so you can determine what weight you will be doing on your working set. Sometimes on my first feeler set it feels light and I'm very powerful so the next feeler set I will put some poundage on and see how that feels, again if that feels easy I know I can go heavier on my working set. I also take in consideration what I am going to be doing whether its forced and negs or rest pause or drops, I just judge a weight what I will be hitting failure around the 4th - 6th rep mark or less and then incorporate the beyond failure protocols. I also remember what I did last time I did that movement because in the back of my mind I know I have to overload my body. I am always pushing heavier weights or trying to increase the intensity.

Nutrition
    Food is a major player when we are building muscle tissue or shredding bf. We need to eat enough energy releasing foods to fuel our workouts and also to promote muscle building. Nutrition is a very individual thing and nothing is set in stone no matter who tells you it is, its not. We are all different and have different levels of activity and we need to establish a baseline diet and work off this to suit your needs and goals. Make no mistake if you want to grow bigger thicker muscles than your going to have to eat big, train big and be consistent with everything you do. Once you establish your maintenance diet you can put a strategy together to add muscle and body weight or shred body fat. Learning how your body responds to different amounts of calories will be one most beneficial things you can do because this will open a plan to determine how you go about attacking and achieving your goals.
    Lots of solid information, I am for sure doing a lot more reps than this, but Cape just brought me on and I am really trying to find out what my body can handle with a couple injuries so i guess I am testing more so.......really good! I need to reread this a few times.

almostgone likes this.

Thread Information