Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowedzeus View Post
    Deadlifts without touching the floor sound insane. Didnt realise that was a thing. I might give that a go tonight.

The strain on the spine must be prettt intense. Id imagine the weight is vastly lowered from conventional deadlifts
    It keeps nice tension on the spinal erectors, glutes, and hams without the off and on tension of pulling from the floor. I like them.
    marcus300 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Deadlifts without touching the floor sound insane. Didnt realise that was a thing. I might give that a go tonight.

The strain on the spine must be prettt intense. Id imagine the weight is vastly lowered from conventional deadlifts
    No, the strain on the lower spine is less than more. Just come down to just below the knee and don't come all the way up and back. Train the lower back muscles rather than looking for what you can lift off the floor. Check out DY at 5.55 and give them a try and you will see that its the lower back muscles what are hit directly rather than strain on the spine

NACH3, hammerheart and Baxter35 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    It keeps nice tension on the spinal erectors, glutes, and hams without the off and on tension of pulling from the floor. I like them.
    Ohh didn't see this there you go ^^^^
    almostgone and NACH3 like this.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Good morning everyone lets hit it hard today!

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    No, the strain on the lower spine is less than more. Just come down to just below the knee and don't come all the way up and back. Train the lower back muscles rather than looking for what you can lift off the floor. Check out DY at 5.55 and give them a try and you will see that its the lower back muscles what are hit directly rather than strain on the spine

Thanks gents ill give that a watch after work and give them a try next session

Ohh didn't see this there you go ^^^^
    The DY video shows it so much better, though! F-in would love to have some of that old Nautilus equipment he has there. Love the basic, solid ass, classic machines. Can't beat them.
    Last edited by almostgone; 09-16-2017 at 11:41 PM.
    marcus300 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Your a good kid, don't take things to heart so much and please don't let those anxiety moments and shit in your head consume you. If one day your suffering pm me or email me and i will talk you through it and give you some tools to help you. Remember control your mind don't let it control you and use it and stick around you need to get some serious HIT down your neck at your age lets get another 2 stone on you see what you look like then

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Morning fellas

Fuck it's great to have the Big Man back guiding us where we mess up!
    Delts are in fire so much so I definitely tweaked my bad shoulder trying to press too much weight! But a day off and an X(Drs orders of course) & I'll be gtg!

@ Marcus can you check my thread out in he lounge I'm going off your carb cycling approach but keep preaching how important it is to know your body! We can up the low days at the beginning then slowly drop them and still have our high days, correct? Like starting 3low 1high yet timing is everything with your high day as you'd want to hit back or legs imho?!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    That's a w/u set I believe and he's so fuckin strong in this position hence why it's a back movement!
    hollowedzeus likes this.

The DY video shows it so much better, though! F-in would leave to have some of that old Nautilus equipment he has there. Love the basic, solid ass, classic machines. Can't beat them.
    Love you AG
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Morning fellas

Fuck it's great to have the Big Man back guiding us where we mess up!
    Delts are in fire so much so I definitely tweaked my bad shoulder trying to press too much weight! But a day off and an X(Drs orders of course) & I'll be gtg!

@ Marcus can you check my thread out in he lounge I'm going off your carb cycling approach but keep preaching how important it is to know your body! We can up the low days at the beginning then slowly drop them and still have our high days, correct? Like starting 3low 1high yet timing is everything with your high day as you'd want to hit back or legs imho?!
    Here is something i wrote a bit ago, reading it now it sounds a bit aggressive and looks like i was trying to have a sneaky go at someone not sure who but sorry if it comes across like that but the info is in here. Nach the basic is 3 days low 1 day high working from a 40% low 15% high - same as the prime. How you adjust this will depend on your goals bulking, cutting or maintaining and yes start low end and watch and learn from your own body and adjust as you go along. Once you hit 5 days that might be to much or you may want to go to 6 ish, but give it a read if its not the right one let me know and i will repost somemore diet ones ive written. My eyes are getting dizzy medication is fuking me up

repost
    I use to calculated my TDEE and then put together a daily meal plan with the correct marcos to suit what ever my goals were, I did this for years and I would weigh every single thing what went into my mouth and I actually wrote it down when on cycle to see what gave me the better bigger gains, yes I was slightly obsessed when younger I had my own business which gave me the free time, money and opportunities to push forward with bodybuilding, these days are so different but that's not the reason why things changed for me regarding my diet.

Year after year I would count every single calorie and change accordingly to which every goal I wanted to achieve. I met a guy who wont mention his name who started to show me how to train different, design stacks differently and also look at my diet in a whole different way, this guy was coached pro's and was very active in the UK on the underground scene. On the diet side of things he said I wasn't eating enough and my body was ready to explode if I fed it differently and didn't hold it back. I could see through my obsession calculating every calorie that i was gaining but also holding myself back. Oh no I am starting to waffle again but in all honestly if I just answered your two question without any explanation on the why's and don'ts it wouldn't serve any purpose so forgive me but I will expand on the questions you asked me to hopefully help you get a better understanding on what I do. Anyway I will just concentrate on the diet things I started to change for now and I started to follow what he told me, I started to eat a lot more and sometimes introduced the 24/7 feeding when on cycle this worked for me and my metabolism at the time and I would study my body how it changed with every aspect of bodybuilding diet, training, aas and I would change things up in which ever area what I needed to.

I would advice everyone to calculated their TDEE and put together a daily meal plan with the correct marcos otherwise you have no idea what you putting inside yourself or what you need to adjust. But for me these days I don't calculate my TDEE or work out my marcos I know how much I need to eat to maintain just by looking at it and I know by understanding my body and watching it if I need to change things up, usually I will know within 2 weeks that I may be eating to much and I am adding bf or I am not eating enough but I don't yo yo I maintain because I know exactly what I need to eat. All these calculations what many advice by these beach bodybuilders who look like they have never lifted a weight in their lifes are just reading out of text books but our bodies are all different some guys may need far more than what their TDEE is telling them and other a lot less. Its just a rough guide you follow but the best guide to watch is your own body how it reacts over a set period of time. I always go with 2 weeks you know if your not eating enough or eating to much by knowing your own body and then you adjust the cals to suit by the response your body is giving you, learn your own body is my advice and watch it and adjust accordingly. I know Kel is exactly like me and doesn't count one single thing because he's been doing that long and knows his body inside out and doesn't need to know how may grams of pro are in 2 chicken breasts or how much carbs are in a handful of brown rice because he knows what his body needs just by learning from over the years.

Again, I am having another go at the beach bodybuilders who know fuk all who give advice, when your a guy carrying some serious muscle lets say something in the region of 220lbs+ - 260lbs+ it takes a hell of a lot of food to maintain this kind of size and structure this is what many of these diet beach guys don't understand because they carry 160-200lbs of shit and to maintain some serious muscle you got to eat a hell of a lot of food unless you have some unbelievable genetics and you can eat like a 200lbs man and carry extremes amounts of muscle. You got to eat all day long and clean to support this tissue and also build further tissue. Things changed for me once I started to eat serious and I mean I ate and ate all day long and sometime through the night and I didn't gain any fat, at one stage I was 6% bf at 245lbs and I looked like I was carved out of granite and the amount of food I was eating was gut wrenching thats because I knew my body and I knew what I had to do to maintain, build and lose bf while eating big, I've also been up to around the 270lb+ mark which isn't good for me.

When I had internet clients it would take me weeks to compile a proper eating plan and I would need daily/weekly feedback and photos of how they look at a certain amount of calories I've put them on, only after weeks I would know that this guy needs to eat a lot more or less or maybe just fine adjustments every week, but things cant be worked out by just your height, weight and bf it takes weeks to understanding your own body and then you work off that. Its fine as a guide like I've mentioned but watch and learn from your body it will tell you a lot of things no text book can.

When I am on cycle I will eat the same things as I normally do but more or bigger meals, I will add around another 500-1000 cals and adjust after 10-12 days, as my weight increases I will adjust the cals further upwards to 1500-2000cals and see what happens, it also depends on how much I want to gain and maintain because it all needs maintaining afterwards which again were many fail, so my daily meal plans of what I eat doesn't change just the amounts and more meals does on a bulk, but what I do is adjust around every 10-14 days to how my body is reacting, these days I put on bf easy than when I was younger so I do fine adjustments. I also cheat usually one day at the weekend were I will eat a ton of food which includes nothing what would aid maintaining my size/tissue but this kind of speeds my metabolism up and springs me into further growth or speeds up the cutting just depends how my glycogen levels are if I slightly depleted them during the week or not. I am not a robot anymore but I use to eat clean all the time no matter what everything what went into my mouth was to support or build new tissue. These days I do add sauces and add things to help me get down the amount of food I have to, all I will do is adjust cardio to suit.

My prime diet is worked off my maintenance diet, I use my prime to do many things I can adjust it to do a pre cycle prime or I can adjust it further to help cut bf while maintaining tissue. I love carb cycling and it also helps me to eat what every I like at certain times when I've depleted a little to much on purpose so I can binge. For a pre cycle prime its simple I will cut my carbs which are worked off my maintenance diet by 40% for 3 days and then do 1 day high carbs which would be 15% higher than my maintenance diet carbs, I will adjust thing over the next 7 days and extend the low carb days to 4 and to even 5 as time goes on depending on how many body is reacting. Pre cycle prime will last around 6 weeks - 8 weeks then spring board right into the building phase into the cycle, if your carb sensitive then reintroduce your carbs slowly over the first two weeks if your not hit them hard and grow.

If your wanting to cut bf I would us the prime/ carb cycling approach again but remember I don't recommend these calories restricted diets what reduce your bf at the cost of your precious muscle tissue you have gone through hell to build to just waste away, yet again these stupid beach bodybuilders who look like they have never lifted a weight in their life recommend and have no idea what they are talking about, you better not getting me on this one or all hell will break loose as the odd one you will know but when your big you got to eat big its that simple. You don't go straight into a calories restricted diet and increase your cardio and step into a t3/eca stack or clen all at once for gods sake its muscle tissue suicide. What you do is minor changes little things. Me personally don't even touch my cals all I do is increase my cardio slowly and watch my body change once it comes to a brick wall with results I introduce or add something else like carb cycling but again slowly a bit of glycogen depletion and some reloads, then adjust as the body gets use to it. The body adapts to things all the time that's why you don't do everything all at once you do it slowly and add things over time. This is a huge mistake what more or less 90% of guys do build some muscle and then do a cut and drop your bf right down which is great but at the cost of precious muscle tissue what's one of the hardest things to build and maintain. The secret is to drop bf while maintaining huge amounts of muscle, that's why you see these beach bodybuilders who look like shit sprouting their mouths off sounding like they know everything what know fuk all and look like shit, do you really thing they want to look like they have never lifted a weight in their life's, hell no its because they cant build and save the muscle they are trapped in the dark ages and totally brain washed.

Sorry guys going off track but you get my point this is what I do and recommend all my clients to do and everyone who asks me for advice to do
    NACH3, almostgone, songdog and 1 others like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Here is something i wrote a bit ago, reading it now it sounds a bit aggressive and looks like i was trying to have a sneaky go at someone not sure who but sorry if it comes across like that but the info is in here. Nach the basic is 3 days low 1 day high working from a 40% low 15% high - same as the prime. How you adjust this will depend on your goals bulking, cutting or maintaining and yes start low end and watch and learn from your own body and adjust as you go along. Once you hit 5 days that might be to much or you may want to go to 6 ish, but give it a read if its not the right one let me know and i will repost somemore diet ones ive written. My eyes are getting dizzy medication is fuking me up

Lmao I needed to take an X today due to my shoulder and neck(drs orders of course)

This was definitely the right one mate thank you for posting it just what I was looking for!!!!

clarky. is offline MONITOR

Love them, big man got me on to these a few years back. Never went to the floor since. I do them out the rack, i put the bars at the lowest point, the BB is about half way down my shin.
    So when doing them i just go below the knee.

Love you AG
    Right back at you, Marcus!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries

repost
    I use to calculated my TDEE and then put together a daily meal plan with the correct marcos to suit what ever my goals were, I did this for years and I would weigh every single thing what went into my mouth and I actually wrote it down when on cycle to see what gave me the better bigger gains, yes I was slightly obsessed when younger I had my own business which gave me the free time, money and opportunities to push forward with bodybuilding, these days are so different but that's not the reason why things changed for me regarding my diet.

Year after year I would count every single calorie and change accordingly to which every goal I wanted to achieve. I met a guy who wont mention his name who started to show me how to train different, design stacks differently and also look at my diet in a whole different way, this guy was coached pro's and was very active in the UK on the underground scene. On the diet side of things he said I wasn't eating enough and my body was ready to explode if I fed it differently and didn't hold it back. I could see through my obsession calculating every calorie that i was gaining but also holding myself back. Oh no I am starting to waffle again but in all honestly if I just answered your two question without any explanation on the why's and don'ts it wouldn't serve any purpose so forgive me but I will expand on the questions you asked me to hopefully help you get a better understanding on what I do. Anyway I will just concentrate on the diet things I started to change for now and I started to follow what he told me, I started to eat a lot more and sometimes introduced the 24/7 feeding when on cycle this worked for me and my metabolism at the time and I would study my body how it changed with every aspect of bodybuilding diet, training, aas and I would change things up in which ever area what I needed to.

I would advice everyone to calculated their TDEE and put together a daily meal plan with the correct marcos otherwise you have no idea what you putting inside yourself or what you need to adjust. But for me these days I don't calculate my TDEE or work out my marcos I know how much I need to eat to maintain just by looking at it and I know by understanding my body and watching it if I need to change things up, usually I will know within 2 weeks that I may be eating to much and I am adding bf or I am not eating enough but I don't yo yo I maintain because I know exactly what I need to eat. All these calculations what many advice by these beach bodybuilders who look like they have never lifted a weight in their lifes are just reading out of text books but our bodies are all different some guys may need far more than what their TDEE is telling them and other a lot less. Its just a rough guide you follow but the best guide to watch is your own body how it reacts over a set period of time. I always go with 2 weeks you know if your not eating enough or eating to much by knowing your own body and then you adjust the cals to suit by the response your body is giving you, learn your own body is my advice and watch it and adjust accordingly. I know Kel is exactly like me and doesn't count one single thing because he's been doing that long and knows his body inside out and doesn't need to know how may grams of pro are in 2 chicken breasts or how much carbs are in a handful of brown rice because he knows what his body needs just by learning from over the years.

Again, I am having another go at the beach bodybuilders who know fuk all who give advice, when your a guy carrying some serious muscle lets say something in the region of 220lbs+ - 260lbs+ it takes a hell of a lot of food to maintain this kind of size and structure this is what many of these diet beach guys don't understand because they carry 160-200lbs of shit and to maintain some serious muscle you got to eat a hell of a lot of food unless you have some unbelievable genetics and you can eat like a 200lbs man and carry extremes amounts of muscle. You got to eat all day long and clean to support this tissue and also build further tissue. Things changed for me once I started to eat serious and I mean I ate and ate all day long and sometime through the night and I didn't gain any fat, at one stage I was 6% bf at 245lbs and I looked like I was carved out of granite and the amount of food I was eating was gut wrenching thats because I knew my body and I knew what I had to do to maintain, build and lose bf while eating big, I've also been up to around the 270lb+ mark which isn't good for me.

When I had internet clients it would take me weeks to compile a proper eating plan and I would need daily/weekly feedback and photos of how they look at a certain amount of calories I've put them on, only after weeks I would know that this guy needs to eat a lot more or less or maybe just fine adjustments every week, but things cant be worked out by just your height, weight and bf it takes weeks to understanding your own body and then you work off that. Its fine as a guide like I've mentioned but watch and learn from your body it will tell you a lot of things no text book can.

When I am on cycle I will eat the same things as I normally do but more or bigger meals, I will add around another 500-1000 cals and adjust after 10-12 days, as my weight increases I will adjust the cals further upwards to 1500-2000cals and see what happens, it also depends on how much I want to gain and maintain because it all needs maintaining afterwards which again were many fail, so my daily meal plans of what I eat doesn't change just the amounts and more meals does on a bulk, but what I do is adjust around every 10-14 days to how my body is reacting, these days I put on bf easy than when I was younger so I do fine adjustments. I also cheat usually one day at the weekend were I will eat a ton of food which includes nothing what would aid maintaining my size/tissue but this kind of speeds my metabolism up and springs me into further growth or speeds up the cutting just depends how my glycogen levels are if I slightly depleted them during the week or not. I am not a robot anymore but I use to eat clean all the time no matter what everything what went into my mouth was to support or build new tissue. These days I do add sauces and add things to help me get down the amount of food I have to, all I will do is adjust cardio to suit.

My prime diet is worked off my maintenance diet, I use my prime to do many things I can adjust it to do a pre cycle prime or I can adjust it further to help cut bf while maintaining tissue. I love carb cycling and it also helps me to eat what every I like at certain times when I've depleted a little to much on purpose so I can binge. For a pre cycle prime its simple I will cut my carbs which are worked off my maintenance diet by 40% for 3 days and then do 1 day high carbs which would be 15% higher than my maintenance diet carbs, I will adjust thing over the next 7 days and extend the low carb days to 4 and to even 5 as time goes on depending on how many body is reacting. Pre cycle prime will last around 6 weeks - 8 weeks then spring board right into the building phase into the cycle, if your carb sensitive then reintroduce your carbs slowly over the first two weeks if your not hit them hard and grow.

If your wanting to cut bf I would us the prime/ carb cycling approach again but remember I don't recommend these calories restricted diets what reduce your bf at the cost of your precious muscle tissue you have gone through hell to build to just waste away, yet again these stupid beach bodybuilders who look like they have never lifted a weight in their life recommend and have no idea what they are talking about, you better not getting me on this one or all hell will break loose as the odd one you will know but when your big you got to eat big its that simple. You don't go straight into a calories restricted diet and increase your cardio and step into a t3/eca stack or clen all at once for gods sake its muscle tissue suicide. What you do is minor changes little things. Me personally don't even touch my cals all I do is increase my cardio slowly and watch my body change once it comes to a brick wall with results I introduce or add something else like carb cycling but again slowly a bit of glycogen depletion and some reloads, then adjust as the body gets use to it. The body adapts to things all the time that's why you don't do everything all at once you do it slowly and add things over time. This is a huge mistake what more or less 90% of guys do build some muscle and then do a cut and drop your bf right down which is great but at the cost of precious muscle tissue what's one of the hardest things to build and maintain. The secret is to drop bf while maintaining huge amounts of muscle, that's why you see these beach bodybuilders who look like shit sprouting their mouths off sounding like they know everything what know fuk all and look like shit, do you really thing they want to look like they have never lifted a weight in their life's, hell no its because they cant build and save the muscle they are trapped in the dark ages and totally brain washed.

Sorry guys going off track but you get my point this is what I do and recommend all my clients to do and everyone who asks me for advice to do
    Marcus this is absolutely Gold! I had that feeling that one could also work the pre-cycle prime off of this regiment and I was right according to this just by extending the low days and depleting your glycogen stores... I also seem to react in the same aspect your body does with carbs... i and my body love them and I'll do the same as over depleting and being able to eat whatever it is I want which actually helps my body's metabolism springboard into further action!

Thanks again I can talk this stuff all day everyday!

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post

Lmao I needed to take an X today due to my shoulder and neck(drs orders of course)

This was definitely the right one mate thank you for posting it just what I was looking for!!!!
    Just finished grinding an aggravating @ss part to size! Locked my toolbox and chewed a couple myself. Headed by the grocery and then off to the country.
    marcus300 and NACH3 like this.

No x nach its meds im on at certain times.

I will answer yoir posts when i get bsck on but its going to be tomorrow

Ag your the skull master.
    almostgone, songdog and NACH3 like this.

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    I know Kel is exactly like me

Just older and prettier......
    marcus300 likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Love them, big man got me on to these a few years back. Never went to the floor since. I do them out the rack, i put the bars at the lowest point, the BB is about half way down my shin.
    So when doing them i just go below the knee.
    Or the hem of the kilt.

Guys, you saw how much muscle Clarky has packed on. I have a feeling he's practicing caber tosses in his spare time.
    marcus300 likes this.

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Finishing my coffee. Time to go crush back with full force. My low back didn't tighten up like it's been after Wednesday's squat session. I think the reminder from TR to emphasize stretching the psoas more did the trick. I was only doing one psoas stretch and added two more. Hopefully that's the ticket for me in the future.

Heavy T-Bars are calling my name.
    almostgone, NACH3 and marcus300 like this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Just older and prettier......
    Just for shits and giggles, who is the oldest in the thread? I'll be 53 in a couple of weeks +/-.
    marcus300 likes this.

Just for shits and giggles, who is the oldest in the thread? I'll be 53 in a couple of weeks +/-.
    Probably my ass. But i'm quite immature.

ps. Listening to I-Tunes while I type. Funny, the moment I hit post the old Jethro Tull song "Too Old to Rock and Roll, to Young to Die" came on. Quite apprapos.
    Last edited by kelkel; 09-16-2017 at 09:15 AM.
    almostgone, NACH3 and hammerheart like this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Probably my ass. But i'm quite immature.

ps. Listening to I-Tunes while I type. Funny, the moment I hit post the old Jethro Tull song "Too Old to Rock and Roll, to Young to Die" came on. Quite apprapos.
    LOL, f-in very apropos. I excel at immaturity, it keeps me young....ish.

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    Your a good kid, don't take things to heart so much and please don't let those anxiety moments and shit in your head consume you. If one day your suffering pm me or email me and i will talk you through it and give you some tools to help you. Remember control your mind don't let it control you and use it and stick around you need to get some serious HIT down your neck at your age lets get another 2 stone on you see what you look like then
    Might well take you up on that offer one day.
    But im holding it together and i will continue to 2 stone? Lets make it 3 stone with -5% bodyfat
    almostgone, songdog and marcus300 like this.

TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member
    56 but I look 55

Quote Originally Posted by TrailRunAZ View Post
    56 but I look 55

From a distance.
    NACH3, almostgone and TRA like this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Hi all. Hello Clarky! Looking HUge. Marcus in the house !!!!

Yoga and then legs, wee bit of shoulders.

Squats
    Lunges
    Sumos
    Hip thrusts
    Seated calfs
    One arm dB snatch
    Incline rear delts
    Laterals
    Fronts
    20 minutes inline treadmill

bod seems to have some memory.
    NACH3, clarky., almostgone and 1 others like this.

TRA
    From a distance.
    Haha! Which works out well for me since that is my typical relationship with people. My sphere of personal space is about an acre.
    almostgone likes this.

TRA
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post

Squats
    Lunges
    Sumos
    Hip thrusts
    Seated calfs
    One arm dB snatch
    Incline rear delts
    Laterals
    Fronts

Legs and shoulders on the same day? For the love of god, my tear ducts would be dry by the time I left the gym...
    GirlyGymRat likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Just finished grinding an aggravating @ss part to size! Locked my toolbox and chewed a couple myself. Headed by the grocery and then off to the country.
    Enjoy it buddy!
    almostgone likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    No x nach its meds im on at certain times.

I will answer yoir posts when i get bsck on but its going to be tomorrow

Ag your the skull master.
    Oh ok gotcha! I needed one today like AG himself lol

Hope all is well and take your time mate!

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post

Squats
    Lunges
    Sumos
    Hip thrusts
    Seated calfs
    One arm dB snatch
    Incline rear delts
    Laterals
    Fronts

Hi Girly, Nice session. Hope you are back, i do speak for us all.
    NACH3 and GirlyGymRat like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Hi Girly, Nice session. Hope you are back, i do speak for us all.
    X2 on speaking for all of us! keep the consistency at 3-4x wkly or whatever you can do ATM
    GirlyGymRat likes this.

Legs and shoulders on the same day? For the love of god, my tear ducts would be dry by the time I left the gym...
    Hahaha, that's Girly for you. Solid bad ass Lady.
    almostgone and NACH3 like this.

Solid bad ass Lady.
    Might be a great ass?
    NACH3 and clarky. like this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

TRA
    Okay, shoulder day. Given only two options I would have to put this attempt at HIT a Fail. Not an epic fail, but not what I wanted. Problem was my w/u and feeler didn't give me enough of a clue and I think test/NPP kicking in so saw big leap in strength that was unexpected so I underestimated at my failure weight. It felt in the first couple of reps like it was right but then I just kept jacking the weight up, you know, like you do when gear kicks in. So I ended up around 12-14 total with drops on press and didn't feel totally spent. I was on a body master shoulder press machine that is military press style. So I went to body master overhead press that is inclined seat and also uses plates (they are pretty much identical the Hammer). And I'll be f*cked, same thing happened.
    I ended up at 14 total with drops but did feel pretty spent.
    Next went to lateral raises and front raises. Did a feeler of each and then got good failure with rest pause to 8-10. Failed at 3-4. And guess what...used plated loaded trap machine and same G@ddamned thing - kept shooting up above my normal max wt farther than expected and getting too many reps. I'll know for next time. Work out below.

Seated shoulder press
    1 w/u 45 ea side x 15
    1 feeler 50 ea side x 12
    W set 85 ea side with drop sets to 14 total

Seated inclined shoulder press
    1 feeler 45 ea side x 12
    W set 75 ea side x 13 total with drops - first failure at 6

Seated lateral DB raise
    W/u at 15 x 12
    W set 25 w rest/pause to hit 10, failed first at 5 (press must have done something!)
    Used half and quarter reps to failure once full rep not possible, until no rep possible, 10-15 sec rest and again - only counted full reps

Standing front DB raise, palms facing in, alternating
    W/u/feeler 20 x 12
    W set 30 with rest/pause to 10, first failure at 5, half/quarter reps as above

Seated rear delt Body Master stacked plate machine (I really like this - with seat low I pull back and picture pulling elbows back and it hits rear delt in the zone)
    1 feeler 9 (plate number, whatever the hell it means, total of 14 plates)
    1 w set #12 with rest pause to 10, first failure at 4, half/quarter reps as above

Standing plated loaded trap machine (can also sit but I prefer to stand)
    1 w/u 45 ea side x 15
    1 feeler 80 ea side x 12
    1 w set 120 w drop sets to 14

Standing cable shrug
    1 w set 190 with rest pause to 10, first failure at 5, half/quarter reps

Felt good pump in rear and anterior delt and traps, but laterals I never really feel the pump. Probably need more muscle to actually notice a pump if you know what I mean.
    NACH3 likes this.

TRA
    Okay, update. Shoulders may have been more epic than what I thought. I just finished assembling a desk for my son which I started after shoulder routine and my arms are pretty much just pretty ornaments (sans biceps) hanging at my side at the present. Reached into the cupboard to grab a drinking glass and thought I was channeling an arthritic 90 year old woman. My arms definitely do not want to go higher than 30-45 degrees and when they do I feel it half way to my elbow, in the front and back as well. Nice!

Have to deal with the fallout from my girlfriend of choosing to work out alone today so I could be efficient in the attempted HIT, but well worth it now.

I can totally see how much concentration and focus this is going to take and now I feel like I was wasting a lot of time with previous workouts as I never got this much out of them (so far have hit chest/bis, back/tris, and shoulders with me approach). Good stuff man!

From a distance.
    Ohhhh, zing!!

Haha! Which works out well for me since that is my typical relationship with people. My sphere of personal space is about an acre.
    Same here. Don't need people all up on me breathing up my air, especially if I'm focused on something.
    Last edited by almostgone; 09-16-2017 at 11:43 PM.
    hollowedzeus likes this.

Okay, shoulder day. Given only two options I would have to put this attempt at HIT a Fail. Not an epic fail, but not what I wanted. Problem was my w/u and feeler didn't give me enough of a clue and I think test/NPP kicking in so saw big leap in strength that was unexpected so I underestimated at my failure weight. It felt in the first couple of reps like it was right but then I just kept jacking the weight up, you know, like you do when gear kicks in. So I ended up around 12-14 total with drops on press and didn't feel totally spent. I was on a body master shoulder press machine that is military press style. So I went to body master overhead press that is inclined seat and also uses plates (they are pretty much identical the Hammer). And I'll be f*cked, same thing happened.
    I ended up at 14 total with drops but did feel pretty spent.
    Next went to lateral raises and front raises. Did a feeler of each and then got good failure with rest pause to 8-10. Failed at 3-4. And guess what...used plated loaded trap machine and same G@ddamned thing - kept shooting up above my normal max wt farther than expected and getting too many reps. I'll know for next time. Work out below.

Seated shoulder press
    1 w/u 45 ea side x 15
    1 feeler 50 ea side x 12
    W set 85 ea side with drop sets to 14 total

Seated inclined shoulder press
    1 feeler 45 ea side x 12
    W set 75 ea side x 13 total with drops - first failure at 6

Seated lateral DB raise
    W/u at 15 x 12
    W set 25 w rest/pause to hit 10, failed first at 5 (press must have done something!)
    Used half and quarter reps to failure once full rep not possible, until no rep possible, 10-15 sec rest and again - only counted full reps

Standing front DB raise, palms facing in, alternating
    W/u/feeler 20 x 12
    W set 30 with rest/pause to 10, first failure at 5, half/quarter reps as above

Seated rear delt Body Master stacked plate machine (I really like this - with seat low I pull back and picture pulling elbows back and it hits rear delt in the zone)
    1 feeler 9 (plate number, whatever the hell it means, total of 14 plates)
    1 w set #12 with rest pause to 10, first failure at 4, half/quarter reps as above

Standing plated loaded trap machine (can also sit but I prefer to stand)
    1 w/u 45 ea side x 15
    1 feeler 80 ea side x 12
    1 w set 120 w drop sets to 14

Standing cable shrug
    1 w set 190 with rest pause to 10, first failure at 5, half/quarter reps

Felt good pump in rear and anterior delt and traps, but laterals I never really feel the pump. Probably need more muscle to actually notice a pump if you know what I mean.
    Not that bad really, Trail. It takes a while to get the feel for finding the proper weight to hit your rep range.
    NACH3 likes this.

Thread Information