Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Oops, sorry everyone, my fvcking manners aren't awake yet, I barely am. Good morning! Got to get to work. Would like to be dragging my fat @ss out of here in 5 hours.

Didn't get in shoulders and traps. Slept like well hammered sh!t and decided to do endless baby weight curls to give this left arm issue a little attention and then did the IR lamp on the shoulder. The nerve tingles and random sensations are going away a bit more for the last few days so we'll see if improvement continues.
    NACH3, marcus300 and GirlyGymRat like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowedzeus View Post
    Might well take you up on that offer one day.
    But im holding it together and i will continue to 2 stone? Lets make it 3 stone with -5% bodyfat
    Anytime zues its not a problem to me.

You can become anything you want at your age. You can evolve into any of your dreams just keep direction and never stop moving forward. The wealth of knowledge in this thread and on the board is immense.

You closely watch and learn from your body. It will tell you everything along side your blood work.
    hollowedzeus, almostgone and NACH3 like this.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Lazy day listening to music in bed so far. Must get up and get breakfast and chill.

Might take the gt4 out but im in a lazy mood. Have a great sunday all.
    almostgone, GirlyGymRat and NACH3 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Hi all. Hello Clarky! Looking HUge. Marcus in the house !!!!

Yoga and then legs, wee bit of shoulders.

Squats
    Lunges
    Sumos
    Hip thrusts
    Seated calfs
    One arm dB snatch
    Incline rear delts
    Laterals
    Fronts
    20 minutes inline treadmill

bod seems to have some memory.
    Awesome, GGR! Really glad things are going better with your schedule. I have a feeling you don't give yourself enough credit though? Everyone needs a little break now and then. Just looking at your workout, I'd say you still are kicking @ss and taking names just as well as you were before your break!
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by DCI View Post
    Lazy day listening to music in bed so far. Must get up and get breakfast and chill.

Might take the gt4 out but im in a lazy mood. Have a great sunday all.
    Celica GT4 or Cayman GT4, DCI? Pretty sure I've asked before, but I have forgotten. Both are awesome for road courses/country twists and turns. Do you round up/your tunes to listen when are out to put it through the paces?
    The younger maintenance guy that I semi-adopted and have turned into a fair machinist is getting ready for the track as I type this.
    He has an Acura RSX that is ridiculously overpowered. I've forgotten how much boost he runs, but I did help him a good bit when he was wanting to learn how to run a vertical mill, lathe, surface grinder, OD grinder etc. I have to give the little sh!t credit though. He recently welded up a new downpipe and actually did one hell of a job. Stainless looks sooo nice with pretty Tig welds, especially after it goes through a couple ofntimes of getting hot.
    He was getting his suspension setup for mountain driving. Now he is going back to the 1/8 and 1/4 mile tracks.
    I've forgotten what he was putting down on his last dyno run but will ask him, it was crazy HP at the wheel. Think his last big upgrade was some fancy helical gearing for his transmission. LOL, he keeps a spare block and trans case on hand.
    His latest thing is some fancy schmancy shifter that he is lusting after. I have a feeling we will be low on aluminum at work soon. He loves to bring in a CAD drawing or solids model of something and have me whip him one up out of bar stock 6061T6 or 7075 aluminum. LOL, he will get on the cloth buffing wheel with a fine rouge and polish everything until it shines like a spanked baby's @sss.
    LMAO, I have really fvcked him up though. He used to be all quiet and reserved when he first got in maintenance, but now I've drug his mind down into the gutter with mine and he can offend people almost as well as I. He's probably some of my better work. :lok:
    I constantly give him a hard time and then tell him he has turned out to be the son I never f-in wanted.
    NACH3 and DCI like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailRunAZ View Post
    Okay, shoulder day. Given only two options I would have to put this attempt at HIT a Fail. Not an epic fail, but not what I wanted. Problem was my w/u and feeler didn't give me enough of a clue and I think test/NPP kicking in so saw big leap in strength that was unexpected so I underestimated at my failure weight. It felt in the first couple of reps like it was right but then I just kept jacking the weight up, you know, like you do when gear kicks in. So I ended up around 12-14 total with drops on press and didn't feel totally spent. I was on a body master shoulder press machine that is military press style. So I went to body master overhead press that is inclined seat and also uses plates (they are pretty much identical the Hammer). And I'll be f*cked, same thing happened.
    I ended up at 14 total with drops but did feel pretty spent.
    Next went to lateral raises and front raises. Did a feeler of each and then got good failure with rest pause to 8-10. Failed at 3-4. And guess what...used plated loaded trap machine and same G@ddamned thing - kept shooting up above my normal max wt farther than expected and getting too many reps. I'll know for next time. Work out below.

Seated shoulder press
    1 w/u 45 ea side x 15
    1 feeler 50 ea side x 12
    W set 85 ea side with drop sets to 14 total

Seated inclined shoulder press
    1 feeler 45 ea side x 12
    W set 75 ea side x 13 total with drops - first failure at 6

Seated lateral DB raise
    W/u at 15 x 12
    W set 25 w rest/pause to hit 10, failed first at 5 (press must have done something!)
    Used half and quarter reps to failure once full rep not possible, until no rep possible, 10-15 sec rest and again - only counted full reps

Standing front DB raise, palms facing in, alternating
    W/u/feeler 20 x 12
    W set 30 with rest/pause to 10, first failure at 5, half/quarter reps as above

Seated rear delt Body Master stacked plate machine (I really like this - with seat low I pull back and picture pulling elbows back and it hits rear delt in the zone)
    1 feeler 9 (plate number, whatever the hell it means, total of 14 plates)
    1 w set #12 with rest pause to 10, first failure at 4, half/quarter reps as above

Standing plated loaded trap machine (can also sit but I prefer to stand)
    1 w/u 45 ea side x 15
    1 feeler 80 ea side x 12
    1 w set 120 w drop sets to 14

Standing cable shrug
    1 w set 190 with rest pause to 10, first failure at 5, half/quarter reps

Felt good pump in rear and anterior delt and traps, but laterals I never really feel the pump. Probably need more muscle to actually notice a pump if you know what I mean.
    Hey TRAZ - try pre-exhausting your delts it's done an insanely good job rounding and putting on size there for me!

Start with
    Side laterals
    Front delts
    And lots of rear delt movements this ties everything together(lying face down on s 35* incline and pull up and out flaring elbows so your hitting the right muscles top of back into rear delts(Kel got me doing these and I live em) rev cable flys are great too
    Then press after everything is done it provides the same work on the press with less weight and less risk of injury it's a great tool to have

Your w/o looks much better - how long did it take you?

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Morning everyone!

Shoulder is definitely impinged as is my neck and it's all radiating up neck into occipital and down arm into hands and fingers all numb - even typing now my L hand is numb

Hitting legs a lil later so it'll give my upper body another day off then chest and bis tomorrow!

Hope all had a great w/e and has a great Sunday!
    almostgone likes this.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Celica GT4 or Cayman GT4, DCI? Pretty sure I've asked before, but I have forgotten. Both are awesome for road courses/country twists and turns. Do you round up/your tunes to listen when are out to put it through the paces?
    The younger maintenance guy that I semi-adopted and have turned into a fair machinist is getting ready for the track as I type this.
    He has an Acura RSX that is ridiculously overpowered. I've forgotten how much boost he runs, but I did help him a good bit when he was wanting to learn how to run a vertical mill, lathe, surface grinder, OD grinder etc. I have to give the little sh!t credit though. He recently welded up a new downpipe and actually did one hell of a job. Stainless looks sooo nice with pretty Tig welds, especially after it goes through a couple ofntimes of getting hot.
    He was getting his suspension setup for mountain driving. Now he is going back to the 1/8 and 1/4 mile tracks.
    I've forgotten what he was putting down on his last dyno run but will ask him, it was crazy HP at the wheel. Think his last big upgrade was some fancy helical gearing for his transmission. LOL, he keeps a spare block and trans case on hand.
    His latest thing is some fancy schmancy shifter that he is lusting after. I have a feeling we will be low on aluminum at work soon. He loves to bring in a CAD drawing or solids model of something and have me whip him one up out of bar stock 6061T6 or 7075 aluminum. LOL, he will get on the cloth buffing wheel with a fine rouge and polish everything until it shines like a spanked baby's @sss.
    LMAO, I have really fvcked him up though. He used to be all quiet and reserved when he first got in maintenance, but now I've drug his mind down into the gutter with mine and he can offend people almost as well as I. He's probably some of my better work. :lok:
    I constantly give him a hard time and then tell him he has turned out to be the son I never f-in wanted.
    Its a Celica GT4 if I had a cayman I wouldn't need college haha its the version st205 which ye never got in the US but 4wd and turbo with 244bhp from a dyno run I did a while back completely standard bar running a ting bit more boost.

I recently changed all the shocks and springs discs and pads all round. New bigger stainless radiator, new wheels and michelin ps4 tyres. It has had a new tb waterpump and 6 puk clutchmasters kit which is one of the vest clutchs ive used and made in cali.

Those rsxs we never got over here but the k24 engine I think they have is great to be boosted hondas love some boost.

The stainless work you can do youd make a fortune over here man. Lots of fabricators here but many are just lazy and dont wanna do any welding after work.

Music wise the gt4 has about 4k of a stereo in it which is all pointless as the exhaust popps and bangs so much lol. I need to upgrade the headunit so i can take out the cds in the car and run spotify instead.
    almostgone likes this.

TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Hey TRAZ - try pre-exhausting your delts it's done an insanely good job rounding and putting on size there for me!

Start with
    Side laterals
    Front delts
    And lots of rear delt movements this ties everything together(lying face down on s 35* incline and pull up and out flaring elbows so your hitting the right muscles top of back into rear delts(Kel got me doing these and I live em) rev cable flys are great too
    Then press after everything is done it provides the same work on the press with less weight and less risk of injury it's a great tool to have

Your w/o looks much better - how long did it take you?
    Wish I would have had this before the workout! I WAS doing isolations then press last, but I read a few places that emphasized compounds first on all body parts with isolations last, for size. I see my intuition was correct. This makes perfect sense and I know from experience if I would have hit those isolations first my press would have been what I needed. Can't believe I didn't think about that. I should have stopped pressing after the first set when I exceeded what I thought would be a failure set and gone and done the pre-exhausts. Didn't even cross my mind.

Second thing, my shoulders usually take 1 hour +. This workout even with some extras thrown in due to reasons you cited above, only took 40 min.

Today I am feeling it in my shoulders, though. Not sore like lactic acid, more like my shoulders are a whiny bitch every time I move my arms above my head for anything. I can tell I did some good even if below expectations. Digging this a lot.

Legs today. Will just continue as I have been doing as it seems to be intense enough for now and trying to pamper the knee. I figure if I am still a tidge sore 3-4 days after legs (hamstrings) I must be doing something.
    Carving up today. Cheerios, skim milk and whey for breakfast, 1 hour hike in the beautiful McDowell desert mountains. Home for oatmeal/skim and heading to gym for legs in about 30 min. Plan to do a big plate of pasta after legs. Not the ideal carb but hopefully I can get by with it as a semi-clean cheat meal unless someone thinks it's absolutely counterproductive, then I would look more at brown rice/sweet potato/oats. Then back to low carb next 3 days with carb up after back on Wed. We'll see how it goes! Hope everyone is having a good Sunday.
    NACH3, marcus300 and almostgone like this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Good afternoon everyone need to get my ass back in here, been training steadily need to hit legs but after watching a vids on arms fuck it's hard not to wanna train arms lol I'm still seeing progress, although I hadn't been able to eat as much the last three days, it just got to be to much food and I needed a break God it's tuff...been really focusing on the food to grow. Hadn't trained back in three weeks plus, legs in about two weeks. Just now looking good it takes so long for my legs to recover, been blasting chest and arms, side delts...right delt has a tear in it so no incline or overhead press...just staying hungry
    I feel as I'm almost as big as I've ever been, crazy I'm not even using anything but 200mg a week now...was stupid of me to use high doses...although I feel I good do some damage on 600 test 400 deca ...bout another year. Love posting back shots so here's another one for laughs
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2721.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	141.6 KB 
ID:	170592 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2719.JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	683.8 KB 
ID:	170593

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Good afternoon everyone need to get my ass back in here, been training steadily need to hit legs but after watching a vids on arms fuck it's hard not to wanna train arms lol I'm still seeing progress, although I hadn't been able to eat as much the last three days, it just got to be to much food and I needed a break God it's tuff...been really focusing on the food to grow. Hadn't trained back in three weeks plus, legs in about two weeks. Just now looking good it takes so long for my legs to recover, been blasting chest and arms, side delts...right delt has a tear in it so no incline or overhead press...just staying hungry
    I feel as I'm almost as big as I've ever been, crazy I'm not even using anything but 200mg a week now...was stupid of me to use high doses...although I feel I good do some damage on 600 test 400 deca ...bout another year. Love posting back shots so here's another one for laughs

Name:	IMG_2721.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	141.6 KB 
ID:	170592 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2719.JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	683.8 KB 
ID:	170593
    Looking GREAT cuz I posted a few pics a couple pgs back 2wk as this my 3rd back after a 2 month break - we're built a lot alike especially in our delts and arms you have more separation in arms right now! Let's do it brother

Two that's a great dose look into prop and npp blast it at those doses for 6-8wks or go 600-600?!??
    Last edited by NACH3; 09-17-2017 at 02:11 PM.
    Cuz and marcus300 like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Wish I would have had this before the workout! I WAS doing isolations then press last, but I read a few places that emphasized compounds first on all body parts with isolations last, for size. I see my intuition was correct. This makes perfect sense and I know from experience if I would have hit those isolations first my press would have been what I needed. Can't believe I didn't think about that. I should have stopped pressing after the first set when I exceeded what I thought would be a failure set and gone and done the pre-exhausts. Didn't even cross my mind.

Second thing, my shoulders usually take 1 hour +. This workout even with some extras thrown in due to reasons you cited above, only took 40 min.

Today I am feeling it in my shoulders, though. Not sore like lactic acid, more like my shoulders are a whiny bitch every time I move my arms above my head for anything. I can tell I did some good even if below expectations. Digging this a lot.

Legs today. Will just continue as I have been doing as it seems to be intense enough for now and trying to pamper the knee. I figure if I am still a tidge sore 3-4 days after legs (hamstrings) I must be doing something.
    Carving up today. Cheerios, skim milk and whey for breakfast, 1 hour hike in the beautiful McDowell desert mountains. Home for oatmeal/skim and heading to gym for legs in about 30 min. Plan to do a big plate of pasta after legs. Not the ideal carb but hopefully I can get by with it as a semi-clean cheat meal unless someone thinks it's absolutely counterproductive, then I would look more at brown rice/sweet potato/oats. Then back to low carb next 3 days with carb up after back on Wed. We'll see how it goes! Hope everyone is having a good Sunday.
    It's the same concept pressing last just less risk of injury, too!

Definitely try the pre-exhaust next time and switch off and on I use it most of the time now do to my shoulder probs but still got up to 285 for 6ish reps pressing last on the smith
    TRA likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Back - my head, shoulder, & neck were not up to it but still managed some decent lifts since I was there

D-ring oulldowns
    Pyramided up to failure then 3 drop sets to failure no rest!

High pulley rows hammer strength
    2w DD 3plates then 2&1/4s then 2plates

One arm rows
    1w/u
    1w heavy(10reps) RPd x2 was spent

BB Bent over rows
    Just went up to 225 for 15+ reps today had a hard time keeping R shoulder pulled back - getting stronger for sure and probly could've gotten close to 315 at least 295-305 for 6reps

Like I said I moved fast 30min but head and pain took over making me very nauseous
    Cuz, TRA, almostgone and 1 others like this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Thanks nach I agree, never tried npp always been a long ester guy exception of a very short tren ace run. I sure liked that tren it's just so damn toxic...easing into a delt arm workout as we type
    NACH3 likes this.

Pre exhaust is idea if you have built up a lot of strength and your struggling to progress with the overload principle or you have a slight injury what heavy weight could cause issues with. You can use the pre exhaust in any of these situations or if you have been training for a bit with the compounds first and you fancy a change to try and stimulate further growth, but if its working stay with it if any of the above relate to you give them a try.
    NACH3, TRA and almostgone like this.

Pre exhaust is idea if you have built up a lot of strength and your struggling to progress with the overload principle or you have a slight injury what heavy weight could cause issues with. You can use the pre exhaust in any of these situations or if you have been training for a bit with the compounds first and you fancy a change to try and stimulate further growth, but if its working stay with it if any of the above relate to you give them a try.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Thanks nach I agree, never tried npp always been a long ester guy exception of a very short tren ace run. I sure liked that tren it's just so damn toxic...easing into a delt arm workout as we type
    Nice brotha the tren ace high test run I did was magnificent I did a SBC(short burst cycle linked to a pre-cycle prime which could've been better) as I've learned it was 6wks I gained 25lbs and lost 3-4% bf my favorite and npp is the same for me strength not as much as tren but way less sides and I've realized the ore tren I run ace - I get the most outta of it at 6-700mgs wkly
    Cuz likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Just a repost for Cuz and Marcus

Hey cuz here's the pics I took a wk ago PWO by 45-60min after that way you don't have to look back nor does the Big Man lol

Name:	IMG_0110.JPG 
Views:	175 
Size:	505.4 KB 
ID:	170594 PWO 1hr on bicep flex as I too much blood and not enough separation was there Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0114.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	833.6 KB 
ID:	170595 same PWO but side view and only 30-45min

Name:	IMG_0120.JPG 
Views:	279 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	170596 - same as above relaxed

Got 11wks to go on a lil test c tren e blast
    Last edited by NACH3; 09-17-2017 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Added PWO time difference to each photo
    marcus300, Cuz, DCI and 1 others like this.

TRA
    Legs - good session but think I could have used a rest day prior.

Straight leg deads BB -45 s rest
    1 w/u 115 x 15
    1 w/u 135 x 12
    1 w 185 x 12
    1 w 205 w/ r/p to hit 10
    Not impressive weights but my legs went downhill with the knee surgery and broken foot, so I'll take what I can get

Laying hamstring curls
    1 w/u 60 x12
    1 w set 80 x 10, finished with half/quarter reps
    1 w set 100 w/ r/p to hit 8

seated quad extensions, alternating single leg 3 holds per set, 30 s rest between sets
    40 x 15 s
    50 x 15 s
    60 x 15 s with failure (inability to hold in full extension) last 2 holds on R

seated leg press - 2 sec extension without lock out, 5 sec flexion, 45 s rest
    1 w/u 150 x 25
    1 feeler 200 x 20
    1 w 250 x 14 finished with half/quarter reps (not very damned many)
    1 W 290 x 11 r/p for 3 additional and a few attempts at half/quarter reps
    Good press day but felt a little R knee pain on heavier sets, shooting down medial tibia. Adjusted to press through heels instead of ball of foot and decreased pain 90%

Seated calf press
    1 w/u 45 x 15
    1 feeler 80 x 12
    1 w 120 with 10lb drops to hit 11, bam!

Standing calf raise
    1 feeler 115 x 10
    1 w 130 w drop to hit 11

In and out in 45 min. Felt weird with less volume on legs and tried to apply HIT today, contrary to what I initially planned. Got home and walked up the 4 flights of stairs to apartment instead of elevator and definitely know I hit legs hard.
    NACH3, marcus300, Cuz and 1 others like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Legs - good session but think I could have used a rest day prior.

Straight leg deads BB -45 s rest
    1 w/u 115 x 15
    1 w/u 135 x 12
    1 w 185 x 12
    1 w 205 w/ r/p to hit 10
    Not impressive weights but my legs went downhill with the knee surgery and broken foot, so I'll take what I can get

Laying hamstring curls
    1 w/u 60 x12
    1 w set 80 x 10, finished with half/quarter reps
    1 w set 100 w/ r/p to hit 8

seated quad extensions, alternating single leg 3 holds per set, 30 s rest between sets
    40 x 15 s
    50 x 15 s
    60 x 15 s with failure (inability to hold in full extension) last 2 holds on R

seated leg press - 2 sec extension without lock out, 5 sec flexion, 45 s rest
    1 w/u 150 x 25
    1 feeler 200 x 20
    1 w 250 x 14 finished with half/quarter reps (not very damned many)
    1 W 290 x 11 r/p for 3 additional and a few attempts at half/quarter reps
    Good press day but felt a little R knee pain on heavier sets, shooting down medial tibia. Adjusted to press through heels instead of ball of foot and decreased pain 90%

Seated calf press
    1 w/u 45 x 15
    1 feeler 80 x 12
    1 w 120 with 10lb drops to hit 11, bam!

Standing calf raise
    1 feeler 115 x 10
    1 w 130 w drop to hit 11

In and out in 45 min. Felt weird with less volume on legs and tried to apply HIT today, contrary to what I initially planned. Got home and walked up the 4 flights of stairs to apartment instead of elevator and definitely know I hit legs hard.

Looking more and more solid towards HIT!

Just remember when you get more comfortable and feeler sets start to dwindle down to 1w at 4-8reps yiu want to end with drops at 12reps mostly as it's all
    Hypertrophy rep range! Gong past a few reps is ok if double dropping
    Last edited by NACH3; 09-17-2017 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Adding making sure all to failure tho which is sooo very important when doing HIT!!!

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Nice brotha the tren ace high test run I did was magnificent I did a SBC(short burst cycle linked to a pre-cycle prime which could've been better) as I've learned it was 6wks I gained 25lbs and lost 3-4% bf my favorite and npp is the same for me strength not as much as tren but way less sides and I've realized the ore tren I run ace - I get the most outta of it at 6-700mgs wkly
    Insane gains!
    Just a repost for Cuz and Marcus

Hey cuz here's the pics I took a wk ago PWO by 45-60min after that way you don't have to look back nor does the Big Man lol

Name:	IMG_0110.JPG 
Views:	175 
Size:	505.4 KB 
ID:	170594 PWO 1hr on bicep flex as I too much blood and not enough separation was there Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0114.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	833.6 KB 
ID:	170595 same PWO but side view and only 30-45min

Name:	IMG_0120.JPG 
Views:	279 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	170596 - same as above relaxed

Got 11wks to go on a lil test c tren e blast
    Lookin thick nach what are your plans for this run?
    NACH3 and marcus300 like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Insane gains!

Lookin thick nach what are your plans for this run?
    Insane gains is right! Lol

I've never ran tren e so I'm slightly going up after it kicks IF needed... but basically a recomp although gaining as much muscle tissue as possible while dropping bf so cardio or jui jitsu/judo will be 2x wkly as well in a heated room of 90*+ degrees ugh lol
    Cuz likes this.

TRA
    Looking more and more solid towards HIT!

Just remember when you get more comfortable and feeler sets start to dwindle down to 1w at 4-8reps yiu want to end with drops at 12reps mostly as it's all
    Hypertrophy rep range! Gong past a few reps is ok if double dropping
    Thanks, noted on the reps. Was trying to keep it in the 8-10 range but will continue to drop for a few extra to 12.

Feels a LOT different! I thought I was doing a type of HIT with the slow concentric/eccentric but it was nothing like the drop sets, shorter rest periods and half/quarter reps. I feel much more spent and next day muscles are flat tired, which I haven't really seen before either. They were either sore or not. But now they just feel like they've been used and abused. Good stuff. Thank you guys for the input and info. I can see how this gets addictive. Can't wait to get back in the gym but tomorrow is a rest/cardio day. Bummer.
    Last edited by TRA; 09-17-2017 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Spelling
    NACH3 and almostgone like this.

You guys are killing it
    TRA, NACH3 and GirlyGymRat like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    You guys are killing it
    Thanks Big Man!
    marcus300 and GirlyGymRat like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, noted on the reps. Was trying to keep it in the 8-10 range but will continue to drop for a few extra to 12.

Feels a LOT different! I thought I was doing a type of HIT with the slow concentric/eccentric but it was nothing like the drop sets, shorter rest periods and half/quarter reps. I feel much more spent and next day muscles are flat tired, which I haven't really seen before either. They were either sore or not. But now they just feel like they've been used and abused. Good stuff. Thank you guys for the input and info. I can see how this gets addictive. Can't wait to get back in the gym but tomorrow is a rest/cardio day. Bummer.
    The only way I learned was having Marcus Ag And BIB etc calling me out on what I did(ex; delts and legs lmfao) everything was getting shortchanged lol) I like your attitude as it'll always work toward what you want to achieve - remember the mindset is the main aspect in reaching true positive failure and beyond just work on true positive failure first imho it'll be s lot essayist to adapt to afterwards!!! I like having you around your a great asset to this thread and forum!!! Thank you!
    TRA likes this.

TRA
    The only way I learned was having Marcus Ag And BIB etc calling me out on what I did(ex; delts and legs lmfao) everything was getting shortchanged lol) I like your attitude as it'll always work toward what you want to achieve - remember the mindset is the main aspect in reaching true positive failure and beyond just work on true positive failure first imho it'll be s lot essayist to adapt to afterwards!!! I like having you around your a great asset to this thread and forum!!! Thank you!
    Really haven't ever experienced anything like this place before in terms of how welcoming you guys are, the level of humility of everyone here, especially considering how accomplished in BB and training everyone is, and the solid info couple with encouragement. Crazy!
    NACH3 and almostgone like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Really haven't ever experienced anything like this place before in terms of how welcoming you guys are, the level of humility of everyone here, especially considering how accomplished in BB and training everyone is, and the solid info couple with encouragement. Crazy!
    It really is a speacial place TRAZ! Glad your with us!

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Legs and shoulders on the same day? For the love of god, my tear ducts would be dry by the time I left the gym...
    It was a long workout. Squeezing 3 days worth into one.

I'm sore and I like it!
    almostgone and NACH3 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Hi Girly, Nice session. Hope you are back, i do speak for us all.
    Trying. Yob is being difficult again....
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Awesome, GGR! Really glad things are going better with your schedule. I have a feeling you don't give yourself enough credit though? Everyone needs a little break now and then. Just looking at your workout, I'd say you still are kicking @ss and taking names just as well as you were before your break!
    I kicked ass for one day. :/

I am my toughest critic and I'm also honest. I've got to rid some useless fat.

Decided to do a detox for next 4 days. Certain fruit, tea, ACV, lemon and tons of spinach and cucumbers, protein powder and kefir. I'm ready.
    almostgone likes this.

It's a great place.
    NACH3 likes this.

X2 on speaking for all of us! keep the consistency at 3-4x wkly or whatever you can do ATM
    Next 3 weeks will be hell....It's got to end soon!
    NACH3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Might be a great ass?
    Does have potential...squats and hit thrusts.

Decided to do a detox for next 4 days. Certain fruit, tea, ACV, lemon and tons of spinach and cucumbers, protein powder and kefir. I'm ready.
    Whew!!! You will have a nice shiny inside after that!
    NACH3 likes this.

Using my rumble roller on my lower back. Think I'm spending too much time in work boots standing on concrete floors.
    Mixing up a shake then off to the shop for shoulders.

TRA
    It really is a speacial place TRAZ! Glad your with us!
    Me too, brotha!

TRA
    It was a long workout. Squeezing 3 days worth into one.

I'm sore and I like it!
    No doubt it was intense! Strong work for sure.

I hear you on being sore!

Still lighter weights and multiple sets on some things, but making progress. Left side still lagging the right. Dropping off a bit of weight between sets on most stuff.

Broomstick stretches and anterior/pec stretches off of an upright of my squat rack.

Cable side laterals- 2 w/u, Work- (L)- 12, rest pause, 5. (R)- 10, rest pause, 4+.
    Rev flyes- 2 w/u, Work1- 12, rest pause, 4. Work2- 10+ reps w/ a slow 10 count hold on the partial.
    D'bell presses- 2 w/u, Work1- 12 reps. Rest for 1 minute and kept the same weight to start the second working set. Work2 - 5, drop,5,drop,4.
    B'bell shrugs - 2 w/u, Work(front)- 9+ reps w/ a slow 10 count hold on the partial. Drop a little.weight. Work2(rear)- 9+ reps.
    Superset the b'bell shrugs with d'bell shrugs from the side to failure- 9 reps.

39 minutes.
    Killed another copperhead out front of the shop tonight. Dang thing was lying right in front of the roll up door. Guess it was sucking up the heat from the concrete. Anyway, I had to send it to skull orchard.
    DCI and TRA like this.

The first day is usually the roughest. You've broken the cycle of not getting to workout.

Thread Information