Like Tree79785Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Haven't worked out in 2 weeks plus and haven't been keeping up with board.

Sfla - heal quickly!
    Nach - congrats on certification!
    Marcus - be well!
    AG - maybe rest that shoulder???

Grabbed a yoga class and it was just want I needed.

Good to take a hard look in the mirror too! I need to get my crap together....I look fatigued in face, muscle tone is awful. I should be able to start hitting gym more regularly.

Hope everyone is doing awesome!
    Thanks, GGR! I'm trying to rest it somewhat, but a bum shoulder holds you back on so many lifts. There is a physical rehab place close to work and I'm thinking about going by there one day and see what they can for me w/ muscle scraping? If that doesn't do it then I'll have to break down and get some imaging done.
    Hope your schedule will work out for you, pronto. . It is a bummer when we get out of our routine; everything just seems to go sour.
    OdinsOtherSon and GirlyGymRat like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Raining here, but not very heavily and my truck is dirty. Think I'll just say screw it and go wash it anyway.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Raining here, but not very heavily and my truck is dirty. Think I'll just say screw it and go wash it anyway.
    Typical redneck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OdinsOtherSon View Post
    Typical redneck

LOL, yes sir! Looks like I threw the black cat hex on washing the truck. It is coming down pretty heavy at the moment.
    OdinsOtherSon likes this.

LOL, yes sir! Looks like I threw the black cat hex on washing the truck. It is coming down pretty heavy at the moment.
    You know I can say that without malice, I'm a certified redneck myself

You know I can say that without malice, I'm a certified redneck myself

Absolutely. We are geographically entitled to that award.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Yes sir. He has been studying for some tests at work and is doing well. Think he will have a bit more free time after those are done and I believe he is going on holiday soon?
    Thanks AG! That's great to hear... and I figured if I asked yiud have already spoke to him
    almostgone likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Haven't worked out in 2 weeks plus and haven't been keeping up with board.

Sfla - heal quickly!
    Nach - congrats on certification!
    Marcus - be well!
    AG - maybe rest that shoulder???

Grabbed a yoga class and it was just want I needed.

Good to take a hard look in the mirror too! I need to get my crap together....I look fatigued in face, muscle tone is awful. I should be able to start hitting gym more regularly.

Hope everyone is doing awesome!
    Thx Girly! It's been the 4th time I've done it... usually a pain in arse!

How you doing health wise?

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Chest

-- smith incline press
    Pyramided up
    1w(315)5 + 2 forced drop 3 dropped a bit more weight than usual 6 - then 10 TUT 1 + 1/2s burned

-- hammer strength incline - slightly higher reps
    1w DD

-- incline cable flys
    2w DD

-- seated low to mid cable flys
    2w DD

I felt like dog crap today but managed a decent lift

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Thx Girly! It's been the 4th time I've done it... usually a pain in arse!

How you doing health wise?
    Surprisingly I've had no panic attacks just sudden stress induced blisters, initial signs of stomach ulcer, minor digestive issues, severe fatigue. Lololol.

I switched to green tea and started taking iodine. The iodine is a game changer. Been on for 2 weeks and feeling so much better!

Thx for asking. Lol.
    NACH3 and OdinsOtherSon like this.

Surprisingly I've had no panic attacks just sudden stress induced blisters, initial signs of stomach ulcer, minor digestive issues, severe fatigue. Lololol.

I switched to green tea and started taking iodine. The iodine is a game changer. Been on for 2 weeks and feeling so much better!

Thx for asking. Lol.
    Ugh, sounds like you have a lot of stress going on/ have all the signs of excessive stress? I hope it goes away ASAP, GGR.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries

Thx for asking. Lol.
    Ugh

I get very bad panic attacks at night upon waking(PTSD/& PTS) from being in the coma and dying - panic attacks suck so I'm glad your not getting those atm but the ulcers don't sound good! Hang in there things will improve especially with your mindset
    Capebuffalo likes this.

KJ419 is offline Female Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi all! I've been MIA for a bit. My mood is so up and down lately. Not sure if it's because I'm not on anything and miss it or what but thankfully it hasn't affected my training much. I've been doing a 5x5 routine. I squat 3-4 times a week now adding weight almost every time depending if I fail early or not.
    It feels great!! OH! And my girl Cass Martin is going to be at a fitness expo in Arizona in August so I'm really hoping I can make arrangements to fly out there and meet the woman who got me obsessed with bodybuilding lol
    Anyways, I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!!!

There's Ms. KJ!
    Coming/being off cycle is usually a mind f*ck. It will pass. Sounds like your strength is holding so that is a really good sign.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member

Thx for asking. Lol.
    I have been dealing with debilitating fatigue since the summer season set in. I can't stand the heat especially with high humidity, I wonder if it's thyroid related? Every year it's the same, I'm not suited to Mediterranean climate.

Meanwhile, asses have been growing on my calves. So now I've got calfasses.

**Marcus's HIT Dungeon**-calfass.jpg
    KJ419 likes this.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Black Ford F-150 4x4. I wash it. It rains the same damn day. I can keep a white truck cleaner than a black one. Plus my dog rides with me every day. Black leather and black side trim have dirty dog prints everywhere. Plus the hair. The center console between the seats is orange with GA clay. Joy.
    almostgone and AKD_FitChick like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ419 View Post
    Hi all! I've been MIA for a bit. My mood is so up and down lately. Not sure if it's because I'm not on anything and miss it or what but thankfully it hasn't affected my training much. I've been doing a 5x5 routine. I squat 3-4 times a week now adding weight almost every time depending if I fail early or not.
    It feels great!! OH! And my girl Cass Martin is going to be at a fitness expo in Arizona in August so I'm really hoping I can make arrangements to fly out there and meet the woman who got me obsessed with bodybuilding lol
    Anyways, I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!!!

It's a mind fuck for sure.
    almostgone, KJ419 and AKD_FitChick like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    I have been dealing with debilitating fatigue since the summer season set in. I can't stand the heat especially with high humidity, I wonder if it's thyroid related? Every year it's the same, I'm not suited to Mediterranean climate.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	calfass.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	169748
    Nice flooring. Lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	calfass.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	169748
    I've been taking iodoral from amazon. High potency iodine/potassium iodine supplement. Been taking 2 pills every morning ea @ 12.5 mg. Loving it. I am not taking recommend of 50 mg. Some ppl break out in highs. I felt better Day 3....

Loving it. My colleague lent me his copy of book but haven't read yet.

Iodine why you need it why you can't live without it.

David Brownstein, MD

Thx for asking. Lol.
    GGR, what was the catalyst that prompted you to start the iodine?

Thanks, GGR! I'm trying to rest it somewhat, but a bum shoulder holds you back on so many lifts. There is a physical rehab place close to work and I'm thinking about going by there one day and see what they can for me w/ muscle scraping? If that doesn't do it then I'll have to break down and get some imaging done.
    Hope your schedule will work out for you, pronto. . It is a bummer when we get out of our routine; everything just seems to go sour.
    Possible rotator cuff tear?

I've been at 65 hours per week since march. No fun. Cyclical work.
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Ugh

I get very bad panic attacks at night upon waking(PTSD/& PTS) from being in the coma and dying - panic attacks suck so I'm glad your not getting those atm but the ulcers don't sound good! Hang in there things will improve especially with your mindset
    I'm thinking about getting a puppy. Give me a reason to leave work!
    KJ419, almostgone and NACH3 like this.

GGR, what was the catalyst that prompted you to start the iodine?

Chronic fatigue.

I tested in low range for thyroid but I am allergic to fillers thyroid meds. So discontinued prescriptions about 2 years ago.

One of the guys at work mentioned his wife couldn't take thyroid meds and he stumbled on this book and supplement. She started feeling better also immediately.

I was very sick for 2 and half months this past winter. Sinus, lots of lung infections, then the flu. Immune system weaken. Beyond exhaustion.

I've been taking for 2 weeks and feel normal. I am high energy person but couldn't brush teeth. Wash face or eat. I'ld fall asleep fully dressed. Awful

Now feel myself!!!!
    OdinsOtherSon and almostgone like this.

Glad to hear you found an answer that worked for you! My thyroid is normal, at least according to BW, so probably not for me but can def see where someone who found themselves in a similar situation could benefit.

AKD_FitChick is offline Female Member

**Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

Chronic fatigue.

I tested in low range for thyroid but I am allergic to fillers thyroid meds. So discontinued prescriptions about 2 years ago.

One of the guys at work mentioned his wife couldn't take thyroid meds and he stumbled on this book and supplement. She started feeling better also immediately.

I was very sick for 2 and half months this past winter. Sinus, lots of lung infections, then the flu. Immune system weaken. Beyond exhaustion.

I've been taking for 2 weeks and feel normal. I am high energy person but couldn't brush teeth. Wash face or eat. I'ld fall asleep fully dressed. Awful

Now feel myself!!!!
    I am allergic to all fillers in my thyroid meds too. I have special pills made for me with probiotic as the filler now. Do you have a compounding pharmacy where you live? They mix 125mcg t3 and 75 mcg t4 and mix it up with probiotic and I actually absorb it I am on high doses but my thyroid is crap. Really curious on iodine.

I can't take a lot of regular drugs. I am curious on iodine since my thyroid is really out of whack. Do you know if iodine makes Hashi's better?

Sorry you are dealing with this!

Last edited by AKD_FitChick; 06-24-2017 at 11:13 PM.

I've been taking iodoral from amazon. High potency iodine/potassium iodine supplement. Been taking 2 pills every morning ea @ 12.5 mg. Loving it. I am not taking recommend of 50 mg. Some ppl break out in highs. I felt better Day 3....

Loving it. My colleague lent me his copy of book but haven't read yet.

Iodine why you need it why you can't live without it.

David Brownstein, MD
    Cool, I need to stay well away from Iodine, it noticeably worsens my thyroiditis. I can't do without thyroid meds, most of the tissue has been eaten up by the immune system.

Now that I think about it, I have an unused bottle of selenium I've ordered last month and forgot, it's worth a try.
    GirlyGymRat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AKD_FitChick View Post
    Do you know if iodine makes Hashi's better?
    According to research it's highly individual. It can do nothing or make your thyroid work better or worse.

Heck, even what's found in white fish is a problem for me.

Screw me temps will be up to 40° C - 104 F this week,

Possible rotator cuff tear?

I've been at 65 hours per week since march. No fun. Cyclical work.
    Understand that. Where I work is closing in a little over a year, but the overtime is still wide open for now. I'm already scheduled to work July 3rd and 4th which are holidays. Sometimes it seems like work has us on a hamster wheel, doesn't it?
    Rotator cuff had defo crossed my mind, I ruptured the bursa of the shoulder giving me grief about a decade ago, so I'm thinking the worst and guessing at a joint issue or the muscle and tendons of the cuff.
    However, when I got a deep tissue massage Friday, the young lady that I go to said she felt a good bit of scar tissue and probable adhesion in the anterior head and delt/pec tie in.
    Since scar tissue and adhesion can cause some pretty nasty pain and some weakness, I'm going to stop by a physical rehab place close to work and talk to them about scraping the area?
    The young lady I go for my deep tissue work has a friend that does a lot of IASTM and ASTYM work and she said if I stopped by she would have look at it. She did tell me that if it needed ASTYM, it would require sessions for 4-6 weeks, but she would squeeze me in for a test drive/initial session for free if she thought it would be effective.
    If that doesn't do it, then I'll ask my Dr. to send for imaging or if it would be effective I am sure she would write me an order for the treatment so I could use HSA $$ to pay for any of the costs my insurance doesn't cover.
    I'm sitting with an IR lamp focused on the area right now and it does give some relief. Wanted to lift this morning but I think IR lamp and some band work is going to be the plan this morning and then lift late tonight before work.
    Capebuffalo likes this.

Chronic fatigue.

Now feel myself!!!!
    I am allergic to all fillers in my thyroid meds too. I have special pills made for me with probiotic as the filler now. Do you have a compounding pharmacy where you live? They mix 125mcg t3 and 75 mcg t4 and mix it up with probiotic and I actually absorb it I am on high doses but my thyroid is crap. Really curious on iodine.

I can't take a lot of regular drugs. I am curious on iodine since my thyroid is really out of whack. Do you know if iodine makes Hashi's better?

My wife has problems with maintaining thyroid function as well. Finally her endo put her on name brand instead of generic and she started responding @ 175mcg of levothyroxine.
    I asked him why she wouldn't respond to a generic version and he said since the dosage is so low very little difference in the dosage makes a huge difference and also mentioned that certain fillers can cause absorption issues.
    She does have a cyst on one side of the gland, but a FNA didn't show anything bad and the cyst has maintained the same size for a year or so.
    It always amazes me how many problems can stem from poor thyroid function.

My wife has problems with maintaining thyroid function as well. Finally her endo put her on name brand instead of generic and she started responding @ 175mcg of levothyroxine.
    I asked him why she wouldn't respond to a generic version and he said since the dosage is so low very little difference in the dosage makes a huge difference and also mentioned that certain fillers can cause absorption issues.
    She does have a cyst on one side of the gland, but a FNA didn't show anything bad and the cyst has maintained the same size for a year or so.
    Sorry to hear about your wife. Thyroids are a doozy. I was like her, I couldn't do generic at all, they have gluten in them and I couldn't keep gluten down. So I was on Tirosint and Cytomel , much more expensive. My body absorbed them for a while but then last fall my body decided to reject everything. Moving me to compounds (natural), still expensive. But works and have felt great for months that's a high dose of T4 that your wife takes. The thyroid always amazes me. It controls so much! It will make my entire body shut down. Is she doing better on her dose and up and at em'? Typically they won't touch nodules as long as they don't grow. I have 3 and had one tested 7 years ago. They don't change though so we are safe. I am glad to hear your wife is safe

Isn't it crazy one little glad can effect so much in a body and mind? It's a trip.

almostgone likes this.

According to research it's highly individual. It can do nothing or make your thyroid work better or worse.

Heck, even what's found in white fish is a problem for me.
    Awe! You are the guru! You know more about the thyroid then any one I have ever spoken too.

Good to know on the iodine. I will not be taking that. Since finally I am running good.

I have selenium too, but don't take it at dr request. Since my levels are good finally

How is yours maintaining?

Sorry to hear about your wife. Thyroids are a doozy. I was like her, I couldn't do generic at all, they have gluten in them and I couldn't keep gluten down. So I was on Tirosint and Cytomel , much more expensive. My body absorbed them for a while but then last fall my body decided to reject everything. Moving me to compounds (natural), still expensive. But works and have felt great for months that's a high dose of T4 that your wife takes. The thyroid always amazes me. It controls so much! It will make my entire body shut down. Is she doing better on her dose and up and at em'? Typically they won't touch nodules as long as they don't grow. I have 3 and had one tested 7 years ago. They don't change though so we are safe. I am glad to hear your wife is safe

Isn't it crazy one little glad can effect so much in a body and mind? It's a trip.

Yes ma'am, she had more energy, but unfortunately she didn't let me know that she had a Dr. appointment coming up, she just canceled the appointment and decided to take her generic levothyroxine. Soooo, I had to explain to her again that this approach is futile and she needs to make her lab, PCP, and endo appointments. She is incredibly stubborn at times, which is somewhat irritating.

Once she gets back on track with her name brand meds and has labs drawn, there is a chance she will go to a combo of T3/T4?
    Last edited by almostgone; 06-25-2017 at 07:16 AM.

Yes ma'am, she had more energy, but unfortunately she didn't let me know that she had a Dr. appointment coming up, she just canceled the appointment and decided to take her generic levothyroxine. Soooo, I had to explain to her again that this approach is futile and she needs to make her lab, PCP, and endo appointments. She is incredibly stubborn at times, which is somewhat irritating.

Once she gets back on track with her name brand meds and has labs drawn, there is a chance she will go to a combo of T3/T4?
    If that last part is a question, I don't know. I really depends on her levels. My t3 and t4 are both majorly low and my tsh I do better on when it's very low. I was on 2 different meds of lio (t3) and levo (t4). I quit absorbing both name brands, so we switched to the compound and my body is handling it finally

Her appointments are probably the most important. If those get out of whack, it's easy to get used to it and accept the way you feel and it's usually terrible and gets depressing. Keep her up on her appointments. She will feel more normal. I still wonder sometimes if I will ever feel normal? Lol! I have to be on a steroid for my adrenals. My cortisol levels are screwed due to thyroid and I produce no female hormones naturally, lots of testosterone . I am on 400 mg of female progesterone so I can at least have that in my body.

Get her booty in the dr. I get seen and tested every 6-8 weeks.

almostgone likes this.

My step son has the same issue. No thyroid control with generics but responds great with name brand drugs.

almostgone likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Morning AG, Cape, Song, Sfla, Odin, D Girly KJ

Chest got beat up good though I only did 2 pressing movements and various cable flys... it feels good!

According to the mentioned, dr says yes to Hashi, thyroid and more. I haven't read the book just the intro.

I have access to compounding pharmacy. My issue is difficult to find one Doctor Who will prescribe compound for both.

Stubborn is another word for strong-willed. Lol
    almostgone likes this.

Cool, I need to stay well away from Iodine, it noticeably worsens my thyroiditis. I can't do without thyroid meds, most of the tissue has been eaten up by the immune system.

Now that I think about it, I have an unused bottle of selenium I've ordered last month and forgot, it's worth a try.
    Same Dr is a proponent of selenium as well!

Thread Information