Slypknot is offline Member

Need assistance from all you playa's out there...

Well this is kinda an odd question...but for me I'm clueless. I've been in the same relationship for over 10yrs which has now ended in a firey divorce of hell fire...but that's a whole nother tale.

So I'm at the gym and I see, almost daily, the woman of my dreams. She's a cutey and I wanna do a little chit chat with her to check if her personality is as good as her looks.... but damn if I know how to even start up a convo at the gym without being a cheeseball! Bars are a whole nother story, most people are there to meet others anyway and the alchohol tends to losen people up quite a bit (I dont drink so it's easy for me to spot).

SO... this goes out to all the playa's at the gym.

Slypknot <-- Has ZERO game when it comes to the ladies.

So I could use some advice... Normally I'm completely focused on intense training but this girl just caught my eye and now I'm stumbling over my own feet when she prances by....just got no clue how to approach her without the ole, "so...what brings you here?"

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    lol, i'm not a guy but i got the "so, how ya doin" while doin leg curls on wednesday....like they say..DON'T be that guy

good luck man!!

HorseFace is offline Junior Member
    Dont blow it man! you'll only get one chance!

5minsforfighting is offline Associate Member
    I know the feeling Slypknot, bars are a totally different story, its amazing the courage a few drinks give you, plus at the bar you dont have to worry about seeing the girl everyday after being turned down, the gym is a totally different story. I just try to be myself if im going to approach a girl at the gym. I would just be yourself and just say hi. Have you tryed that yet? She what kind of reaction you get, usually after that you will know if she is interested or not. Goodluck bro

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    bro I think that you should get to know her first. Dont just approach her and ask her out. Like mnkc said 'dont be that guy.' just some friendly chit chat for a while. If you see her often it wont be hard to strike up conversations after awhile. Then you can see if her personality matches her looks. good luck...

I guess the hard part is when I see her she's either in a full sprint on the treadmill (bad time to approach) or in a class (another bad time)... so I'd either have to catch her while she was coming/going or try and snag a machine right next to her and then of course that would be pretty obvious.... Sigh... I of course don't wanna be 'that guy' in the gym so I'm tryin to be crafty without seeming that way.

Never thought about just being me when I talked to her.... I think my divorce kinda warped the inner me...better to hide that for now.

kc
    far..distant..galaxy where mice rule the world? warped? naaaa, just be yerself!!!

true...good point... I'll just amaze her with my crafty wit! Guess I'll find out tonight as I attempt to 'not be that guy'.

kc
    good luck!!

justme is offline Associate Member
    and did it work ?

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    UPDATE!! Come on Slypknot.....

The Butcher is offline Member
    Yeah, what happened?

If you haven't talked to her yet, my advice is to do what symatech said. Start with a smile and eye contact, and brief "Hello". If she responds warmly, then you can move forward (preferably the next time you are in the gym). The next time you see her, ask her if she has had a good day. If she gives a brief "not-interested" response, you could really have your work cut out for you. But, if she gives a little lengthier response and seems open for chit-chat, have at it. Get to know her in a "we're just gym friends" way so that you can avoid looking like the cheese-dicks that spend more time talking up the ladies than they do lifting. Do a little prying for info without being too obvious. Then ask the girl out! Good luck.

Alright...well the moment happened! It wasn't as stellar as I worked it up in my mind to be but I guess it's a start.

I was finishing my workout and ready to leave when I saw her come in... had that sinking feeling right away, palms sweaty, etc so I decided to play it cool for a minute and grab a shake at the bar.

So much for 'playin it cool'...she sat right down next to me! I was like frozen, it was awful! So I choked back another swig, glanced over at her, got some eye contact and did the smiley 'Hi!' thingy.... sweet jesus I play it over in my mind now and I musta sounda like a goofball. But I guess it was good enough - she returned the smile and suddenly became quite social.... got some convo going, I got her name and she got mine and I left it alone at that... gave the ole 'see ya around!'.

Now I just need like 3 or 4 days like that and maybe I'll get somewhere!

Problem is, I was so caught up in freaking out I don't think I could tell anyone what we talked about... hahaha, amazing how that shit happens. Atleast I remember her name (1 point for Slyp)!

hell yeah bro thats perfect! now your not 'one of those guys' in her mind. just keep the small talk up for a bit and when you get to know each other at least semi well ask her out. no need to feel shaky about that encounter...we all get clumsy when we are in the presence of women who make our knees weak. Id say your right on track!

good luck!

peace

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    good job bro i find that picking up girls in the gym is not good for anything else but a date and maybe some casual sex...

everyone in the gym is always checking everyone out regardless of whether you see it or not, so making a few extra trips to the water fountain while said girl is on a cardio machine never hurts for the physical aspect of it...another strategy that works rather well is lying to the girl about having a girlfriend when the time comes up to set yourself up for the future.

if you get past the small shit and you ask her about her current relationship situation then she will most likely ask you about yours. say that you are in a relationship now and all that fun stuff because from my experience women are always more attracted to guys with girlfriends. several weeks down the line you can tell them that you broke up with your significant other and you are getting over it and then ask them out.

this has worked the 2 times i have tried it and the girls in question were always there to 'pick up the pieces' if you know what i mean...amazing how a little manipulation works directly for one's own benefit...i would only try this if you are casually dating or just getting booty calls since you could potentially miss your chance with the girl due to the somewhat lengthy time before a move is made.

the last i checked my longest relationship or fling with anyone from the gym was around 3 weeks or so since it was only based on physical attraction and no personality...im a charismatic individual but the girls i am attracted to are the typical bimbos that always happen to be blonde...i just want the smart blonde once, dammit.

heavensdoor is offline Junior Member
    Honesty,Emotions effect our health remember what you said about freezing,you were feeling something,you felt like you were close to someone special,For your reasons the truth is when we feel good its because we feel good about something ,are someone makes us feel good,
    Its not a line to smile when something gorgious makes you Happy,
    Its not wronge are perverse to admire pretty things,it means you are normal,you are ahead,now I bet you talk again,Its how you make a person feel about them self that is going to make that person look back,
    Ask her for advice,when I was about 6 years old I would run around girls
    and act like I pass out when the helpful unsuspecting girls would run over to help me I would usually reach up grab one and kiss her,sometimes they would laugh and we would be friends ,sometimes they would all just kick the shit out of me! and come around to play later,
    Now I know you want try that,But it did get me noticed and hurt a few times,every chance you get smile that makes people feel good to be around a happy person,But if she ever walks up and says,Hey if you could say anything to me Now, and me not get mad, or press charges,
    or have you kikked out of the Gym,I would say!!!To Her, do you think you could come in my mouth in the steam room!Now she might kikk the shit out of me,But if she did not ,I may have made a friend for Life,
    Good Luck Slypknot,From heavensdoor,PS Some of them Love the Idea,

Umm... thanks heaven's door... that was... ahem... interesting.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Let this be a lesson to all. Don't drink and post.

Originally posted by Rickson
    Let this be a lesson to all. Don't drink and post.
    NEVER!!! I drink and post all the time and you cant stop me MUAHAHAHAHHA i am defying rickson!!! watch me be banned tomorrow

Thread Information