tolinka is offline Senior Member

My big fat greek wedding

I just watched this movie on the free PPV I have ...It is so hilarious.

If any one disagrees with me you...you can go to hell.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

bro i'm greek

and besides the "greek guilt" in the movie, it's not even remotely amusing,haha.i'd rather have my hair pulled off my balls one strand at a time than have to watch such a bad movie!!
    BTW, i got dawson's creek's first season on DVD yesterday,hahaha

David B. is offline Member

Re: bro i'm greek

Originally posted by partyboynyc
    and besides the "greek guilt" in the movie, it's not even remotely amusing...
    I suppose an endless stream of stale stereotypes like that isn't funny when you're the one being stereotyped. I know I'm not usually very amused by Redneck WASP jokes...

--dnb

Dunno, that movie was the in flight flick on the plane last time I went to the UK and I fell asleep on it within 10 minutes...

Red

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

IMO

that movie sucked my Big Fat Greek Balls

my7169 is offline Female Member

Re: My big fat greek wedding

Originally posted by tolinka
    I just watched this movie on the free PPV I have ...It is so hilarious.

If any one disagrees with me you...you can go to hell.

I like that movie alot enough to have it on DVD it is hilarious i agree with you tolinka
    BUG

"Yesterday is gone, live for today, because tomorrow may never come"

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Red Ketchup
    Dunno, that movie was the in flight flick on the plane last time I went to the UK and I fell asleep on it within 10 minutes...

Red
    Similar deal for me, except I voluntarily took of the headphones and went to sleep. Its the only in-flight movie that I've seen that has been worse than the screaming kids on board.

big N is offline Anabolic Member
    pary boy ur not greek are you ?????im 100% full blooded greek moved here when i was like 14 ,thatmovie was ok but waaaaaay overexagurated some stuff,to the piont whwre it made us look like ass s ,i mean hwere the fuck does the windex thing come in ?and other shit like that ,it was ok could of been better.

Natoli220 is offline New Member
    partyboynyc - I know what you mean. Ethnic movies can piss you off. But that movie was funny. It is more of a mediterranean thing to me. I have lived in Italy for many years and found it related to Sicilia IMHO as well. It must be an island thing. LOL But I can understand why you hate it. I am so sick of the gumbas movies myself, Everytime in the states, I get, How ya doin? NOw I thinks it so fucking funny that Americans think Italian-American speak bad english. My girlfriend is from Greece and she thought it was funny. Her father says the same exact things, Give me a word and I will tell it comes from Greeks. I kid I kid. Man are you lucky, Greek girls are wild!!!
    Last edited by Natoli220; 05-11-2003 at 03:40 PM.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    i thought it was just ok, didn't see what the big deal about it was. now "meet the parents", thats a hilarious movie about weddings (kinda)...=)

-- clocky baby

I found this movie amusing, with the same reasom as Natoli220...although I was born in Russia, our families arent that diffrent, if it a big family oh god, what a pain. I grew up in Israel though(Its mediterranean) I witnessed alot of stuff like that...thats why I find it funny, parody on real life things.

HeartDocMD is offline AR Medical Advisor
    Originally posted by tolinka
    I found this movie amusing, with the same reasom as Natoli220...although I was born in Russia, our families arent that diffrent, if it a big family oh god, what a pain. I grew up in Israel though(Its mediterranean) I witnessed alot of stuff like that...thats why I find it funny, parody on real life things.
    I agree completely. I loved this movie, because it depicts two stereotypical families on complete opposites of the spectrum. I had relations with this when I went to an Ashkenazi/Sephardic wedding (some may know what I am talking about). Sephards have big families ashkanazis generally don't. Throughout the entire movie all I thought about was their wedding, and how the way they dated was exactly...EXACTLY like that in the movie....wow....tomorrow I am going to get it on dvd

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    I thought it was t funniest movie.....
    Last edited by Butch; 05-15-2003 at 10:22 AM.

it wasnt accuaret at all!!!!!!

Originally posted by big N
    it wasnt accuaret at all!!!!!!
    No?
    Last edited by Butch; 05-15-2003 at 10:22 AM.

dude f**k off im 100% firt gen greek !i should know ,and ur stereotyping ?i dont appreciate it so if anybody i should know ,do they go around spittimg on everyone like thy did in the movie ???did they go spraying windex on everyone ?do they try to keep there kidds form going to school ??wake the fuck up those were sterotypes from 60 not no more they twist them up and try to make other s alugh at our expense ,shut ur mouth before u go sterotyping !

k
    Last edited by big N; 05-12-2003 at 06:52 PM.

oops
    Last edited by big N; 05-12-2003 at 06:54 PM.

dude f**k off im 100% firt gen greek !i should know ,and ur stereotyping ?i dont appreciate it so if anybody i should know ,do they go around spittimg on everyone like thy did in the movie ???did they go spraying windex on everyone ?do they try to keep there kidds form going to school ??wake the fuck up those were sterotypes from 60 not no more they twist them up and try to make other s alugh at our expense ,shut ur mouth before u go sterotyping !

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    All I know is that the movie budget was around $5 Million and they grossed out $250 Million+ in the Box office. Making it the most profitable movie of the year. Movies like Star Wars and Xmen have like a $100 Million budget because of all the special effects, and get almost the same in the Box office, so their profits aren't as much.

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member
    damn big n its ok bro.....breath....breath.......................... ...now kick the living shit out of him....j/k lol

fk ,bro stereotyping i cnat stnd like this ....... is doing he dosent know a f*ckin think bout beeing greek hes not greek so he cant talk .this noob as a nother thing comming !

bradtn is offline New Member
    It's a movie, everyone knows that it's just exaggerating things to try and make it more funny. I watched Sweet Home Alabama recently and the southern stereotypes were so overboard it was almost silly, but I wasn't offended. It was part of the story to play the two cultures clashing with each other. Same with the Greek Wedding movie.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    LOL....way to much drama for a comedy movie in this thread......don't know about my fat ass greek wedding, but do i love some greek food though...mmmmmmmgood
    Last edited by Big Rush; 05-14-2003 at 12:13 PM.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    All you fucks need to lighten up....talk about Sterotypes...My folks are Germans..but I was born in Alabama...I get from all sides!! Who cares about sterotypes...(actually they are around for a reason). But for the most part, have a laugh...stop being so sensitive.

first off ur the fuck !not us !u can sit there and be called whaqtever u like and get stereotyped ,i could care less but i dont like it ,got it there mr bad ass non sensetive guy ?so let me guess the ss death skull simblizizes ur past and u dont like jews ??commmon ur german u have it on ur avavtar soo whats up ???exactly !

Last edited by Butch; 05-15-2003 at 10:24 AM.

first off BRO ,i said the movie sucked balls u said it resembles the greek community at its finest,thats where i got offended!got it ?u siad community which means all of us !!!!!!second i dint threaten u in any way ,im not a internet tuffguy !i could care less if u like beeing stereotyped as a drunk ,good for u !and ive been posting my knowleds and helfull ideas on here for over 2 yrs ,do a search and see for ur self ,see what kind of resepct i have from my bros in here !and yes next time leave it alone so u don t stick ur foot in ur mouth again!

first off BRO ,i said the movie sucked balls u said it resembles the greek community at its finest,thats where i got offended!got it ?u siad community which means all of us !!!!!!second i dint threaten u in any way ,im not a internet tuffguy !i could care less if u like beeing stereotyped as a drunk ,good for u !and ive been posting my knowleds and helfull ideas on here for over 2 yrs ,do a search and see for ur self ,see what kind of resepct i have from my bros in here !and yes next time leave it alone so u don t stick ur foot in ur mouth again!
    Ok, if i was a mod, i would close my own thread right now...Shit, the whole purpose of it was just me liking the movie...I guess you dont like being stereotyped, thats fine, some people take it easy when they are stereotyped, thats fine too, every one has his own opinion, dont take other opinions to seriously...Lets not go nuts here any more...

Big N- Did ou see Tiesto already?

AH i see u have a good memeory bro ,saturday night !u commin or what ?we got the party goods !

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Ok im neutral, ill watch the movie and tell you guys if it shows how greeks are, i know alot of greeks so i can give a fair verdict

BigN - I can tell from your posts all over the board your cycle is going along nicely

Madmax is offline Senior Member
    hey butch...keep the stereo types to your self, i know it was a joke but some people take offense to that, were all supposed to be friends here...Madmax

AH i see u have a good memeory bro ,saturday night !u commin or what ?we got the party goods !
    Sweeet! I bet it will be a hell of a time, Is it a club or in a stadium?

I wish I could come, but my private jet is under construction and I lost my ATM so I cant get any money from the bank

bwhuaaaa!!!!!its a club bro .ill fill u in on sunday night !have u heard his new shit that beeing relesed ???dowload the song urban shakedown its fuckin siiiiicckkkkk!!!

bwhuaaaa!!!!!its a club bro .ill fill u in on sunday night !have u heard his new shit that beeing relesed ???dowload the song urban shakedown its fuckin siiiiicckkkkk!!!
    I heard he had a new album came out about a week ago...I think its called Nanya...alot of folks say its pretty tight...Ill download thanks, I wissh i could be there...

palme is offline Rosie Member
    BigN - Tolinka, i cant find any new shit with tiesto, you guys PM me ASAP and gimme some new tunes!

u got mail!!!palme!

Hey Big N send me too....!!!

check ur mail !

Thread Information