Terinox is offline The One & Only

Working Out At The New Gym

Alright, so I started working out at a new gym, called Fitness West in Mississauga. It's at Queensway and Dixie.

So today was a chest day, and it was a great day, felt really strong, best chest workout in a long time. So, anyways, we start doing Incline Bench Press with dumbells, and I lift the weights up, and then when putting them down I drop them. A guy, walks over to me, and says, "Do me a favor and don't drop the weights like that, they can break, just put them down softly." And you know, I don't care he said that, it was understandable, and I respect it (he works at the gym), and if that's kind of a rule or something then fine.

HOWEVER, I seen other guys dropping the weights without him talking to them, so that got me a bit pissed off. Then, later, we are doing over the head tricep extensions, and the guy FUCKEN SAW me using the bench seat, and I go over to spot my buddy on the military, and the guy just walks up, takes my bench, kicks my weight aside, and starts doing some shoulder raises or some shit. Now I didn't say anything, didn't know WHAT to say. It was him and some chick, I think he might be a personal trainer there, or a co-owner. So then I walk over, and the weight is RIGHT beside him (the one he kicked over), and I pick it up and move it to the military seat so I can do my last set there, and the guy doesn't say anything like "oh sorry I didn't know you were working out here" or some shit like that. The fucker has it out for me, and I dunno why. First time i'm seeing him and he's a prick! Maybe he's a fucken racist or just a stupid prejudice fuck I dunno. It's pissing me off though, but if he fucks around more, I swear I'll try to nail him with some long ass speech making it nice and loud to make sure others hear, some shit like "look you might be working here and all, but your not some big hot shot macho man who can do whatever the fuck he wants, and don't think you scare me or bla bla bla........."

Sorry, that was the angry Terinox ranting...GRRRR

Other then this ONE prick, the gym is really great. Nice and big, not too busy, good equipment, I think i'll enjoy working out there over the summer.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    You have those types at every gym.

I would have walked back to the bench moved the weights back and told him I need to finish my sets. I hate fuckers like that I usually just look through them like they aren't even there.

Enjoy the new gym!

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Hell guys do that all the time at my gym what I usually do when in your place is, standing by your friend doing military, just yell " Hey, I'm using that bench.....wanna wait your turn?" Everytime they walk off looking for another bench to use.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    if i did that i'd get called a couple of names i'm sure!! i just stay really consistent with my times at the gym..pretty soon all the regulars know me and know my routine or approx routine and get outta my way...the newbies sometimes need a lesson but somebody usually takes care of that for me

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Don't drop the weights. They do eventually break and fall apart from abuse - and from a personal experience on this - you can get a rude awakening when a dumbell falls apart on your face.

Because I had a dumbell fall apart on my face before - I am pretty quick on asking people who throw them around to treat them with some respect. They are heavy and do wear faster that way...

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    It is kind of funny but my dumbells never touch the ground. I pick them up on the rack, carry them to my bench or seat, rest them on my knees, do my set, put them back on my knees stand up and take them back to the rack. This is simply because I find it way to hard to pick them up off the ground. To me that is just a lot of extra work.

SilverSiR is offline Junior Member
    But there's the other way around, I hate when people hog the machines. They finish off their set, walk to the fountain, see someone they know, talk to them for 5 mins, get a drink, walk back and talk to someone else for 5 mins. Im not applying you did this, but that is one of the biggest things that piss me off.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Hey like I said in my post, I did NOT mind him telling me that. I was perfectly fine with him telling me not to drop them, and I understand the reasoning and all. But like I said, I did see others do this before as well, and not a word to them either.

Also, when I was using the seated bench to do tricep extensions, all I did was go and spot my buddy, it was like 5 feet behind the bench, and the prick DID see me using the bench, and just walks over with the girl and sits down and sees my weight on the ground, looks at it, and I even heard a kind of "pffft" sound from his mouth AS he kicks the weight forward. Like what the fuck was with that?! Then I GO and PICK up the weight RIGHT in front of where he was sitting, and he still didn't say shit. I could tell he's a juice monkey too, looks like he's in his late thirties, looks a bit like Chuck Norris, and maybe he just can't handle the roid rage , or is an overall prick

Thread Information