Thread: Tattoo

chinups Guest

Tattoo

Well I had an idea for a tattoo and it was on my upper back, I was talking to my girlfriend and to much of my suprise she convinced me to go ahead and get one on my arm/shoulder. I want to get it wrapped around my delt and my upper arm to about bicep, kinda big. I know they are popular and wanted to see if we can get some sick ass pictures posted on some ideas for this.

Thanks

Chins

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    Oh I thought you were talking about Tatu, the russian lesbian duo

Anyhow...good luck.

Rich8888 is offline Member
    Bro...it is against the laws of the good religon to mark your body....now you should know that.

chinups Guest
    I know. Thanks for the input

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    Chinups... Hey bro,,, There was a time I wanted an arm band really bad. So I started a feverish search for that "cool" tattoo. I looked at internet, magazines, etc... but the most revealing moment came when I started looking at peoples tattoos... I realized having a tattoo on the arm made their arms look smaller, it takes away from the definition, you know what I mean?

So it's My Opinion that arms look better/bigger without ink, but I'm sure theres 1000 bros on here that will disagee with me. look around for yourself and see. If you're going to get inked, get it on your back or ankle, but leave the Guns clean!
    Last edited by ripped4fsu; 05-12-2003 at 12:36 PM.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Originally posted by ripped4fsu
    get it on your back or ankle, but leave the Guns clean!
    On his ankle? Should that be a flowerband stretching all the way around?

How could you let yourself get talked out of doing your uper back? Thats the place to have a tat if you ask me, girls can have on the lower back.

Originally posted by palme

On his ankle? Should that be a flowerband stretching all the way around?

watch out Palme! I'll have you know this ladybug on my ankle attract's all kinds of babes!!

seriously CU, upper back is cool, right between those massive Traps! or you could always get the "Do Not Enter" road sign on your ass!!
    Last edited by ripped4fsu; 05-12-2003 at 12:35 PM.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I'll see about taking a pic of mine tonight to post. It journeys from about my elbow up the arm, splits at the top of the delt, one side going down to my left nipple, the other side going on to my back

chinups Guest
    I want to get something like the dude from rage against the machine. That shit is sick. If anyone wants to see my arms and see how big they are they can look at my right arm.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member

So it's My Opinion that arms look better/bigger without ink, but I'm sure theres 1000 bros on here that will disagee with me. look around for yourself and see. If you're going to get inked, get it on your back or ankle, but leave the Guns clean!
    I have to say this is true. Both of my arms are the same size, but my right arm looks a lot bigger from the side than my left. I love my tat and would not want it removed but it does do some visual trickery on the size.

Originally posted by chinups
    If anyone wants to see my arms and see how big they are they can look at my right arm.

good point bro!

good luck on your search. When you get it done lets see a pic.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member

i'll agree with this to an extent, but there's always the other arm...like chinups mentioned i've got an arm band and a lower back tattoo, and am currently designing my upperback one...i gotta say...the armband hurt the least but it's also my least favorite...if i didn't have it already...i'd stay off my arms and ink my back first

chinups Guest
    Lets get some pics going on this thread. Everyone likes to get inked up...

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    I have 4 tats myself. 2 on my back, one around my right bicept and one on my chest. Chin bro, if the tat artist is good u can take any picture in with u and he can make a tat out of that.

OG

kc
    hey chinups..there's another big thread about this ...i think in members pics...check it out..there's lots of pics there

chinups Guest
    They have some pretty impressive tattoo artist here in Jersey. I am sure I can do exactly that. I just have to decide wheather to do upper back/traps or to do shouder/bicep...... Any pics OG???

kc
    chin...do some research first, a few things to check out...

size of needle..smaller then finer and more detailed the tat can be

get a good look at some of the older tats...some artists don't go deep enough and they fade really easily

if you've got a picture and an idea...hook up with your artist, give him your ideas and give him some time...usually they can get a better color study done and you'll get better art

good luck man!!!! art is fun

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Here's the one on my back. I will post the ones i have on my shoulders. I know you decided to go for the arm but I posted it to give you other ideas. Plus I hardley ever get to show it off

Good Luck on your search!

chinups Guest
    WOW! Great tat............

Anyone from NJ and can suggest someone

Damn MM, that's some spoooky shit!! Looks good, great detail!

Thanks guys!

The guy who did this is in PA. He did it all free hand too. His name is Shane O'Neil and the studio's web site is http://www.studio1tattoo.com

What part of NJ are you in? If you're close to Philly he's the man! About 15 minutes from the city.

chinups Guest
    North Jersey...Not far though..Shit I get wasted sometimes and drive to AC at night.......

About 2 hr ride
    Last edited by chinups; 05-12-2003 at 02:15 PM.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Really cool tat mudman!

North Jersey...Not far though..Shit I get wasted sometimes and drive to AC at night.......

About 2 hr ride
    Then maybe you should check him out. He does great work, the studio is clean, and I've used him 3 times and never any problems.

Originally posted by palme
    Really cool tat mudman!
    Thanks palme!

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    WOW! Great tat............

Anyone from NJ and can suggest someone
    Sick Creations in Brooklawn, NJ...Two highly reputable tatoo artists-Germ and Jeremy. the one guy did mine at a real reasonable price, I'll try to get a pic up here for ya. Both have won many awards and had many of their works displayed in popular tatoo mags. By the way, the upper back is the way to go...You don't have too look at it everyday for the rest of your life...US

KunipshunFit is offline Lounge Lizard
    my tat's are posted in the other tatoo thread in the members forum...

the big on on my back Carlos from "Rising Dragon's" did, it's located in Manhattan, NY.

Got it done up there when i was visiting...he hand drew it. He's amazing and does great work. The owner of the shop is the best and is published in many tat mag's.

K'Fit

peam is offline Suspended
    that's a fly tattoo mudman

Thread Information