Hitman is offline Senior Member

computer problem

In the last few weeks my computer disconnects from the net every few minutes, now i use the last incoming call option through my provider and its not incoming calls cutting me off and ive checked my network settings and the option "disconnect if idle for " is not ticked so what do the IT guys think? thanks..........Hitman

Matt Foley is offline Member
    dial-up,dsl or cable?

mammoth is offline Member
    It sounds like you are on dial-up. How old are the phone lines in your home? Does it happen during storms? There could be many different reasons. I know you said that it wasn't incoming calls, but are you sure that call-waiting is disabled if you have it?
    Last edited by mammoth; 05-16-2003 at 03:21 AM.

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    Yeah its dial up, ive had the lines pinged from the provider and they say all is sweet. I dont have call waiting any more , that option i mentioned before was if somebody calls but doesnt leave a message i push *52 and a voice recording tells me the number and asks if i would like to be put through to it(any way LOL). It can happen any time during different weather patterns. Hell i dont know, this pissing me off.Any more ideas people?........HITMAN

Thread Information