Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jdog55 is offline Associate Member

Fighting as an adult.

Just wondering what other people do in certain situations. Back in high school if you got into a situation where you were disrespected in some way or didn't like somebody you kicked that persons ass.

Right after high school i joined the marines and that same rule still applied:-). I'm out of the marines now and got a bull shit job while i go to college.

Sometimes i feel like my domanience is being challenged. There is some time where i feel like saying something semi-rude to someone because i don't like them. Anyways...I almost got into a fight with this guy that tried to pick up this girl i was on a date with while she was heading to the restrooms.

What stopped me waqs he was like...if you hit me i'll call the cops and press charges.

WTF. What do you do as an adult if you feel disrespected. I don't wantto goto jail for a few months and have assult and battery on my record.

What do you guys do in situations? I'm 25 btw

Jdog55

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    Fuck with there head, the threat of physical volience can be more menacing, plus if you had followed him into the rest room when he needed to go, make sure your alone then its your word against his and if you discret, body shots, a kick to the bollocks there isn't to much evidence anyway. Put his head down the toliet that kinda thing.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Just let it go......... It's hard but as you get older you have more and more stuff to lose than just your pride. We all know how lawyers are sue until there's nothing left.

But Big Al's way would be a lot more fun!

You did the right thing by letting it go.

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    Its hard walking away bro. I definately have anger management issues, but its really not worth the legal hassle. What you CAN do though is either wait for them to throw 2 punches, even if they miss- after that you're legally allowed to beat them senseless or you could just call them out. fighting in and of itself isnt illegal, assault is. if you guys agree to settle it with some good old fashioned fisticuffs and you have witnesses that will attest to the fact that the other guy gave you permission to strike him, you'll be fine. thats probably the most gentlemanly way to settle it, aside from just walking away.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey bro, takes a bigger man to just walk away. U proved ur point and scared him. Move on.

OG

As I've mentionned before on different threads here, I have practiced Aikido for many years.

Main reason I chose that MA is that I also have a rather short fuse and well, I needed a "way out". Since aikido is all about immobilizing hte attacker causing the least amout of dammage, I decided to try it out.

A few years ago I am in this bar and this jackass is egging me on, you know the type, dude would not quit. Tried to ignore him but he kept coming back. This guy wanted to scrap it out.

Gave him a few smart ass replies, he decided to throw the first punch. I use a well placed joint lock, pin the guy right there... and let him go.

He's even more pissed now so he comes again, and again I pin him. One more time and I gently pin him again. No harm done... except of course to his ego.

When I released him, this guy was so embarassed he RAN out of the bar. He wanted a scrap, he didn't get it.

Bouncer comes to see me and says "I saw what happened, why didn't you just kick the shit out of him?" before I can reply, one of my bros replies "I think what he did is a lot worse than beating him up! Did you see his face?". Bouncer smiles

You got to use your head bro. Even if the other dude throws the first punch... you never know, his daddy may be some high priced lawyer who'd produce 15 "surprise" witnesses that you "savagely attacked" his son...

Red

SilverSiR is offline Junior Member
    It's not worth it, just let it go.

halifaxsteve is offline Member
    i know i can be an arrogant asshole, quite often...and get quite confrontational in the wrong (or right) situation.

the deal is tho...if you go out and start swinging first, you could have some legal problems on your hands, like that little bitch threatned.

it does take a bigger man to walk away, and if you are with a chick, she'll probably appreciate that more.

i prefer to cut them up verbally and bring them down a few notches...make them feel stupid....it's much more fun. if he doesn't like that and swings at you, then feel free to bang his head against the wall..self defense

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Originally posted by OGPackin
    Hey bro, takes a bigger man to just walk away. U proved ur point and scared him. Move on.

OG
    True bro. Fuck him, you got the girl he dont

But if your going to fight him let him make the first move like MJ said, then own him.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Buy the guy a cup of coffee and ask him why he is so angry...help him deal with his anger...LMAO....

Kick the fuckers ass....lol....only fight when it is the LAST resort....other than that.....do what most of the guys said here....be the better man and walk away...there are other bars to go to

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    Love the question! I also was military I was Navy and trained/partied/surfed and raised hell with some special bro's. I learned alot from them on many fronts. I also remember that when I was in 88-94 I also had the opportunity to discuss things outside our office as men, while I was in th SeaBee's.
    Now I am a nutural hothead, it has been handed down from generation to generation, it's a biproduct of being Italian. In my current work place I deal with people that are unappreciative and down right rude/condescending. They are from other countries. I can tell you this, everyday I have to explain to them in certain terms, that I don't know who they think they are, and that if they keep up the crap they will know why specwarriors are just that! I have no tolerance for people that do not nor do they understand what OUR mission in the military is/was. The hardest thing is that when I step up and get in there shit is not NOT grabbing them by the throat and pinning them against the wall and watching them as they gasp for there breath!
    or hammerlocking them and snapping there F*n ARMS!
    Walk away bro!!! You don't get restriction in the real world! Just remember that!
    "if they don't respect me.... THEY WILL FEAR ME! And learn respect the hard way!"

There are a few of us ex-bro's here and we all have the same problem...See in some countries when you're military you are LOW class, and that doesn't sit well with me.

mammoth is offline Member
    Unless the dude explicity knew that the girl was with you and you only then I don't see what he did wrong! He hit on a girl who he found attractive. It sounds like it was just an honest mistake.

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    not to mention sometimes you have to think the type of person it is. many dudes have backup, either in people or weapons. Ive personally pulled guns twice on people and threatened one with a bomb (its great being a chemist). just be careful

Originally posted by jeffylyte
    not to mention sometimes you have to think the type of person it is. many dudes have backup, either in people or weapons. Ive personally pulled guns twice on people and threatened one with a bomb (its great being a chemist). just be careful
    I dont get this man, why pull a gun on someone if your not going to use it? Thats the only reason for me anyway.

sd11 is offline Banned
    OG said it best man, just move on. Plus you never no how out of hand things are going to get. A friend of my family was at one of those bar and grill places with his wife and to make a long story short, some guy bumped into her and spilt a drink on her, now instead of saying sorry he argued with her and then called her a bitch. So her husband punched the guy who then fell and smashed the back of his head on the corner of the bar, split his head open and died. Now I know thats like a 1 in a million chance, but he got convicted of manslaughter and lost years of his life for some bullshit.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by sd11
    OG said it best man, just move on. Plus you never no how out of hand things are going to get. A friend of my family was at one of those bar and grill places with his wife and to make a long story short, some guy bumped into her and spilt a drink on her, now instead of saying sorry he argued with her and then called her a bitch. So her husband punched the guy who then fell and smashed the back of his head on the corner of the bar, split his head open and died. Now I know thats like a 1 in a million chance, but he got convicted of manslaughter and lost years of his life for some bullshit.
    Dude that is fucked up...talk about bad luck...hit the guy and that happened....shit is fucked up! But he had to do it....don't fuck with family.

Originally posted by sd11
    this is exactly what I am talking about. you never know what is going to happen. personally I believe that if somebody takes a swing at me then I am justified in killing them (not that I would in most cases). it comes down to this: everytime you get in a fight there is a chance you will die. it happens 100 times every year. just like OMG's friend, you may fall and hit your head and boom you are dead. What this means is that if something is worth fightinhg for, then it is worth dying for. of course if I am willing to die for something then I sure as hell am willing to kill for it too. There is no giving up, no fighting for the hell of it, no defeat, no dirty fighting techniques. you do what it takes, using whatever it takes. I will win or die trying. if you take a swing and i have a pool stick, your ass is getting it in the face. if i got a knife I WILL stab your ass. I will jam my thumbs through your eyes into y9our skull or tyson your ear.

this is why I left the bullshit fighting years ago. i will back down in a heartbeat and leave, cause most things arent worth it. as to why I pulled a gun and not used it. if some strange guy forced you over in teh middle of the night cause you cut them off, youd pull it too, but the minute he saw the 45 he skedattled. no use in shooting a man in the back. if he came forward, he was a dead man. the other time it was my brother. and the bomb, well I won't say anything, cause you never know whose listening!

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I used to be a hothead and in some ways I still am. People even looked at me funny I was throwing punches. Well being in the service and doing the kind of job as I did that kind of behavior was expected yet keeping control of your emotions at the same time (sounds confusing huh:lol). Well being a bit older and having a family to worry about now I see things differently. Some jackass wants to get in my face or act like a bad ass....to hell with him, I'll walk away. Call me a punk or something like that to my face....so be it, that's your opinion not the world's. But you want to threaten my family in any way....I'll gladly sit on death row with a smile knowing I dismantled a threat to my family. Get my drift.....unless you or a loved ones "life" is on the line.....walk away. Words are words and that's all they are. You can be a proud man and not have to bash a guy's face in to prove it.

well said texan!

halifaxsteve is offline Member
    excellent point texan

Ironweb is offline Member
    It is tough to step aside if your a scraper by nature. Something I struggle with often. I have trained in MA myself as well as street fighting. However as you get older you are held to a higher standard of conduct. Sometimes it sucks because the only thing that runs through your head in a situation such as that is force. You have to find a way to let your wits do the talking. One saying that I keep in mind is first you talk, then you walk, then you stand and build your wall. If I am pushed to the wall part it is seek and destroy. Cause if it gets that far they have taken that swing and I build a strong wall. Peace & be smart

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Anyways...I almost got into a fight with this guy that tried to pick up this girl i was on a date with while she was heading to the restrooms.
    ================================================== =

Trust the girl . . . if she likes ya, she'll stick with you. If she doesn't, well, y'all wouldn't make a couple, anyway. For sure, you wouldn't want a girl you had to constantly fight for . . . much better to know you've got a good one that's crazy for you. Now if the other guy is annoying her, then ya, it's time to step in and help her out.

Also keep in mind that as an adult, fistfights carry consequenses more dire than in gradeschool . . . cops, lawsuits, that kind of hassle. Ask yourself before you throw that first punch if an altercation would be worth going to jail for.
    . Much better to use yer tongue . . . a bit of humor/wit goes a long way to resolve situations. A really witty comment gets extra points from yer girl, too. Oh yah . . . Humor usually works, but on the times it doesn't, I'd clearly state my take on the situation, and if the other guy insisted on acting like an idiot, that's when you inhale lots of air and look as intimidating as you can, stand close, and lay down the law. Never throw the first blow. You wanna throw the last one.

Of course, you could do your girl a favor and not take her to the kind of places frequented by those sorts of idiots . . . go to a nice italian restaurant and wine & dine her, do a movie, then whatever.

Just my 2 cc's worth . . .

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Your post really pissed me off. Mods sorry in advance if the is a problem pm me

bro you are such a fn pussy. Does that make you a bad ass because you pulled a gun on some or threaten people wit ha bomb? Why because you couldnt handl shit on your own. Why not walk away or just take an ass kicking. Because of people like you is why this world is so fucked up. And like someone else posted why pull it if your not going to us it? Cause your a bad ass wanna be? next time you pull a gun do us all a favor and put it on to your own head.

just so you know i've been on the recieving end of punks like you. I had some bitch out a gun to my chest on the dance floor in a club. He didnt pull it either. Lucky for me and lets just say i bet he wishes he did now.Take what you want from the last statement. You better hope none of those poeple were like me and come looking.

Gixxer
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Originally posted by gixxerboy

Your post really pissed me off. Mods sorry in advance if the is a problem pm me

bro you are such a fn pussy. Does that make you a bad ass because you pulled a gun on some or threaten people wit ha bomb? Why because you couldnt handl shit on your own. Why not walk away or just take an ass kicking. Because of people like you is why this world is so fucked up. And like someone else posted why pull it if your not going to us it? Cause your a bad ass wanna be? next time you pull a gun do us all a favor and put it on to your own head.

just so you know i've been on the recieving end of punks like you. I had some bitch out a gun to my chest on the dance floor in a club. He didnt pull it either. Lucky for me and lets just say i bet he wishes he did now.Take what you want from the last statement. You better hope none of those poeple were like me and come looking.

Gixxer
    Just because he pulled a gun doesnt make him a pussy, it makes him the smarter one. What if there were two or more guys comin after you, are you still a pussy for pulling a gun? If he was the one that started the fight and pulled the gun, that makes him a pussy, but when a guy wants to fight you over something stupid, thats a different story.

Originally posted by JDawg1536

Just because he pulled a gun doesnt make him a pussy, it makes him the smarter one. What if there were two or more guys comin after you, are you still a pussy for pulling a gun? If he was the one that started the fight and pulled the gun, that makes him a pussy, but when a guy wants to fight you over something stupid, thats a different story.
    Well he said one was his brother. And he was going to make a bomb for someone else. Come on...

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    This is getting off topic and needs to stop. Fighting should be avoided unless absolutely necessary. If it becomes necessary then you should win. Period.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man

the other time it was my brother. and the bomb, well I won't say anything, cause you never know whose listening!

I you pull a gun on someone you better damn well be prepared to use it...so, were you prepared to kill your brother? Sorry if this is off topic, but I had to ask.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer

I am not going to call you a pussy but I will sure say you are ignorant and not smart for pulling the guns out on someone else. It is people such as yourself that make it harder and harder for honest guns owners who would like to carry for personal protection and home protection of their families. If you can not nuckle up and take it to the concrete then stay the fook home. The situation would be different if you were being harased in a situation where the gun was your only way out of a life or death situation or your family in general was under threat and also the cops were not a option. To pull it out just because your scared about the other guy, is a weak minded move IMHO, and one day that type of shit is going to back fire and catch you in the azz.

All in all, walk away and avoid confrontation at all costs.

Also if that girl you were with didn't have the guts to tell the guy to flip off and let him know she is on a date with you. what does this say about her??? if the girl I am with doesn't shut the door in the other mans face then she gets the boot. No telling how she acts when your not there. Right???
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by abstrack
    Also if that girl you were with didn't have the guts to tell the guy to flip off and let him know she is on a date with you. what does this say about her??? if the girl I am with doesn't shut the door in the other mans face then she gets the boot. No telling how she acts when your not there. Right???
    Amen to that brah

as for the heat I am taking, I am the first to admit I was a bit over the top in my early teens (keep in mind that was 15 years ago. as for only pulling it too use it. well, nobody said I wouldnt. everybody here understands a warning is sometimes better than violance. why else are bouncers always big? the baddest ass mofo's Ive ever known came in all sizes not just big. But its the warning factor.

but I can guarantee you one thing. As per my post above, While I will always back down and get out, if push comes to shove and you want to take a swing and I got a 45 you are a dead man. period. fighting is bull shit. the very act of throwing a punch means you want to take my life and so yours is forfeit.

as for the three incidents I alluded too, if you read the posts you understand that a dark highway is not place to fight a stranger, especially when there are 2 of them. my brother? we didnt get along as kids and it made him stop beating the shit out of me now didnt it? and the third, well somebody says gun, you say bomb, but you had better mean it.

but we miss the point, there are stupid kids (I was one) and stupider people (get the joke!) who aren't as reserved as I, but still think the same. this is why discretion is the better part of valor

but I can guarantee you one thing. As per my post above, While I will always back down and get out, if push comes to shove and you want to take a swing and I got a 45 you are a dead man. period. fighting is bull shit. the very act of throwing a punch means you want to take my life and so yours is forfeit.

Well im glad to hear you grew up. Yea and fighting for the most part is bs. But i still dont get your mentallity. If someone swings at you you are going to shoot them? Why not swing back. Why not take an ass kicking if you have to. Because someone swings at you doesnt mean they want to take your life. thats fucking stupid. But i stick to what i said your a pussy if you have to shoot someone because they swing at you.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jeffylyte
    [B]

I wasn't going to say shit directly but with the statment you made, truely you are a punk. You will take somebody's life if they swing on you??? Thats some pussy ass shit. I know girls who have more balls than that!!! Like I said if you cant take it to the concrete then stay the fook home. Anybody can pull a trigger and win the fight but a real man will stand his ground or even better yet!! A real man will make the wise decision to walk away if he can and if he cant he will stand his ground a nuckle up!
    abstrack@protonmail.com

i stayed out of this thread because i dont want to flame anyone... but seriously man, if you need to resort to using a gun when someone takes a swing at you, that doesnt say much about you. or your confidence in yourself. i got into an arguement with one dude at a party, walked away, and 20 mins later he and 8-9 of his frat bros jumped me on a freaking bus, and then spent 10 mins beating the piss out of me in a parking lot afterwards. some bros here might remember reading a thread i posted about it awhile back. what you're saying is the rough equilivalent, you're just like that dude and his friends. if you're gonna be that way, whatever. you've got issues, im sorry you think that way. im not going to condemn you even though i have strong feelings about this. but you should know that if i had been the one you had pulled a gun on without firing, you wouldnt be able to wipe your ass for the rest of your life.

jeflyte, do you think you would be able to get out of shooting an unarmed person who "swung" at you? hell no! unless you got the bones to hire johnny cochran or any other high dollar attorney, your ass is looking at manslaughter minimum....don't be a bitch

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    Guns are for pussies.

Originally posted by tolinka
    Guns are for pussies.
    I truly love you man!

Also I was thinking about what you said. You stated that this was stuff you did 15 years ago. Usually when you get older you become a bit wiser and learn some things along the way. It is obvious to me that nothing much has changed in the last 15 years of your life. You still have the mentatality of that 15 year old BOY<<<<
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Originally posted by tolinka
    Guns are for pussies.
    I have to agree to disagree. If used improperly or immaturely, then yes, you are a pussy for doing so. Otherwise, there are many mature, law abiding citizens like myself who know how to properly use a gun and are definitely not pussies. I would never pull my gun on someone who was talikng shit or whatever. If worse came to worse I would use my maglite on them, not my pistol. I would only use my pistol if I knew I was 100% in the right for doing so (i.e. if my life or someone else's life was in peril)

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I will resort to physical confrontation only if the other person makes the first move. However, I am a huge fan of baiting people into doing just that. Here's why: if you are willing to attack someone because they 'disrespected' you by calling you some nasty epithet or insulting your mama, you are trailer trash and deserve to be KO'd or choked out at the very least. Think of it from the flip side...if you can be baited into taking a swing at someone with mere words, what does that say about your tactical strategy? It says you are a mental midget with NO game.

theres also the fact that goading people into fighting for no good reason can be considered whitetrash as well. not flaming. but if theres no reason to, why start a confrontation?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information