buckeye44 is offline Junior Member

some advice needed and appreciated!!

well, i have a little dilemma on my hands. been dating this girl for 2and a half years and let me start off by saying she is great. smart, kind, thoughtful understanding and doesnt really care that i use AS. but, we were laying in bed recently and she asked about our future and the question came up and she asked "well do you not think that i am the one?" and i was totally honest and said "no iam not sure." now, i would think that after this long i would know for sure. maybe i am being too picky here but there are some things i dont like about her. some physical and others too. now the physical stuff, she is 5'7 125lbs. not fat at all but doesnt work out either. a lot of things sag bad. her ass mainly. i am an ass man by the way. boobs are overrated. anyway, i think the past few months i have been, well, basically faking it with her and dont want to be the asshole and break up with her so i am just hanging on and now i am not totally happy. i know what i need to do, which is end it, but dont know how. i feel bad cause we get along, never fight and things and she is a great girl but i dont think she is the one that completes me. do any of you have any advice on how to do this or anything. please, women replies also are very helpful with this stuff. i guess i am just too nice and want to please everybody all the time and need to get over that. sorry for the long post. thanks for reading.

peam is offline Suspended
    You need to be honest with yourself, as well as with her. I know you don't want to hurt her, but this really isn't about her. If you don't feel she's the one for you, if you're not happy, you owe it to yourself to break up with her. Don't settle just because you get along with her, or that you don't want to hurt her. Especially if those are the reason you're staying with her, later on, if you get married, have kids, etc. you're going to be wondering what could have been. Everybody does that but, you don't want to live knowing you married her for a reason like, you didn't want to hurt her. She will be hurt and it'll suck... just break up, wait for the person who's totally right for you. You'll know when you find the person you want to spend forever with. If you're not sure, you think she could be the one, but you don't know.... then just tell her you want a break. Maybe then if you're without her for a while, you'll realize you need her. Or you could be okay without her and know you need to find somebody else. I probably just repeated myself a bunch of times in this post but the way I look at it is that when you're trying to find someone to spend your life with it's a time to be selfish. Just.... don't settle! It's the rest of your life you're talking about. Okay.. I'm done. Good luck.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I don't want this to sound wrong because I know you truly believe you are being the nice guy by not hurting her but the truth is don't you believe she should be with someone who loves her and is attracted to her. I am sure there is someone out there for her as well as you. Even if you told her you are not sure she is the one obviously she has some hopes or she wouldn't still be in the relationship. Relationships either grow or die they never remain the same. You owe it to her to give her the opportunity to find the right guy to love her and to find someone to make you happy. Keeping the relationship going is only making it worse.

WS6_KID is offline Associate Member

Re: some advice needed and appreciated!!

Originally posted by buckeye44
    well, i have a little dilemma on my hands. been dating this girl for 2and a half years and let me start off by saying she is great. smart, kind, thoughtful understanding and doesnt really care that i use AS. but, we were laying in bed recently and she asked about our future and the question came up and she asked "well do you not think that i am the one?" and i was totally honest and said "no iam not sure." now, i would think that after this long i would know for sure. maybe i am being too picky here but there are some things i dont like about her. some physical and others too. now the physical stuff, she is 5'7 125lbs. not fat at all but doesnt work out either. a lot of things sag bad. her ass mainly. i am an ass man by the way. boobs are overrated. anyway, i think the past few months i have been, well, basically faking it with her and dont want to be the asshole and break up with her so i am just hanging on and now i am not totally happy. i know what i need to do, which is end it, but dont know how. i feel bad cause we get along, never fight and things and she is a great girl but i dont think she is the one that completes me. do any of you have any advice on how to do this or anything. please, women replies also are very helpful with this stuff. i guess i am just too nice and want to please everybody all the time and need to get over that. sorry for the long post. thanks for reading.
    Take her with you on leg days and emphazize heavy squats, give it about 4 weeks and if the butt still aint right then you know what to do Seriously though this situation sux, i'm in the same position except the butt rules, we get along but she really isn't anything special to me. Much like you I need to break it off but I dont want to.....

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Rickson and peam are right. You need to end the relationship not only for yourself but for her too. I was in the same situation a month ago.... The girl was really nice, pretty, we got along but that feeling for me wasn't there. For three week I made myself sick about how and when I was going to tell her it was over. When i told her she was really pissed but I hope she understands one day that I gave her the chance to find someone that will love her the way she should be.

Good luck bro.

buckeye44 is offline Junior Member
    hey guys thanks a lot. it makes me feel better that some of you have been in the same situation. i will take the advice of you all and do it sooner than later. you are 100% correct, why should i keep her from finding someone who can love her better than i can. thanks again guys.

Thread Information