dizzle is offline Respected Member

Outlook 2000 Meeting Request Help

Hey, I was wondering if any of the computer people can help me out.

My work's running Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2000 on the clients. When I do a new meeting request and invite people, there is a check box on the bottom right of the screen that says Private. It is always unchecked, and I need to find a way to make it checked by default if it is possible. If anyone knows, I'd appreciate the help.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey bro, sorry but as far as i know it cant be done. Im running 2000 also and i just tried. No happs. Sorry!

OG

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Okay Dizzle I am very familiar with Exchange 2000 Server I run it and I schedule appointments every single day with it. However, if you want to make the private button check as default you will have to do what is called a customized form, and then publish it. that is the only way I know to do it.
    Fortunately this is by design, because if you are wanting to schedule meetings with others in your workplace, why would you want to make it private?
    Now you can however once you do create an appointment in your calendar, then simply by right clicking the appointment you can choose "Private" from the drop down menu and make it private that way.
    Personally I don't quite understand why you would want to make that as a default setting? But then again you may do somethng totally different than I do.
    I love Exchange server, I especialy love to Internet access mailbox feature. That is totally awesome. You can check your Exchange mailbox from any computer from a web browser. I use it every single day bro. Very good program but can be a real biotch to setup, trust me I know.
    Let me know if you have any other ??'s about Exchange, ISA or 2K server.. Like I said I work on these systems every single day.

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    Hey Sicilian, where can i design a customized form?

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Well I am not exactly sure how to do it, because I have never done it. but if you open the form like you were going to create a meeting, if you go to tools and "design form" or customize this form", now I played with it alittle, however, I was not able to make it stay. I am sure there is something I am leaving off. But that is the only true way I can see how to do it.
    Now I will tell ya this, Microsoft does have a program made for outlook to customize forms. You can find it if you go to microsoft.com and go to Knowledge base under support. Type in how do I customize outlook forms, and that should get you where you want to be. Hope this helps buddy.

Thread Information