Pheedno is offline Respected Member

Allright Big Green, I shall comply to AR's rule 5967-a?

My avatar has changed. I know it's been a frequent thing lately but I'm trying to find the one that really captures me. It will probably change again in a month or so.

And the previous one was really hard to look at while I'm consuming my nutrients.

Mr.gH is offline Associate Member
    Where do you come across such abstact art anyways? Your avatars are always very unique, and a lil groteque. Which i like. Any web sites, or perhaps other sources where i might find this stuff?

They are water color pieces by Salvador Dali

He's famous for his paintings(Excellent museum in St. Petersburg, FL), but I tend to find his Divine Comedy series more to my liking for avatar choices.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Dali is the shit....wonder what he was on when he did some of those paintings...LOL

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Agreed, Dali is the shit, though I'm a big fan of his classical period (so to speak), whereas most prefer his surrealist...to each their own. And Pheedno, you truly lead by example...law and order has been restored to the visual aspect of AR.

Originally posted by BigGreen
    Agreed, Dali is the shit, though I'm a big fan of his classical period (so to speak), whereas most prefer his surrealist...to each their own. And Pheedno, you truly lead by example...law and order has been restored to the visual aspect of AR.
    I actually find myself studying and admiring his classical works more often than his Surealism as well. I think that most people admire his Surealism more because it's marketed and publicized a lot more frequently. He kind of gets stuck in that catagory and it shadows his other styles and series. Or I just might be dillusional and disturbed to the point that I state blatent facts that need not be stated.

In any case, I shall folow and enforce the unwritten rule as it's my duty to do so being deemed the AR Gestapo Chief of Command.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I wonder what Dali had on his mind at this particular moment of inspiration
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Allright Big Green, I shall comply to AR's rule 5967-a?-dali1.jpg  

his Columbus is one of his best IMO
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Allright Big Green, I shall comply to AR's rule 5967-a?-discovery_large.jpg  

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    That is some crazy shit.

Pain

Pheedno - this one perhaps is a good avatar, done in his early years - a self protrait that gives some indication of the darkness of his later work
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Allright Big Green, I shall comply to AR's rule 5967-a?-dali.jpg  

BIG R is offline Member
    Boris V. and R.H. Giger are some other cool artists. They do some real cool fantasy work........Giger can get a little nasty but still cool to look at.

R

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Frank Frazetta is another great fantasy artist.

HR Giger does cool biomech work

Originally posted by CYCLEON
    Pheedno - this one perhaps is a good avatar, done in his early years - a self protrait that gives some indication of the darkness of his later work

I'm waiting on a print of that right now(allthough it's a lot smaller than I'd like), I have four others as well which scare women away when they come over. Allthough I havn't got "Young Virgin Sodomized by Her Own Chstity"

I've saved many to my PC so I'll be switching around untill I find "The One"

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Hey does anyone know a really good place to get these paintings/art works in posters? I don't mean the actual thing, or duplicates of them (that would be far too expensive), just basic art works turned into posters. I'm not a HUGE fan of classic painters, but some of art looks really nice, and might look good on the walls

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Big Rush
    Dali is the shit....wonder what he was on when he did some of those paintings...LOL
    my sentiments exactly

Thread Information