Thread: Windows XP

Ryanhallmark is offline Senior Member

Windows XP

If one was looking on the internet for windows XP, were would they look?

mammoth is offline Member
    Kazaa Lite, eDonkey

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    It blows, run away bro, run away.

JasonNew-b is offline Associate Member
    In my house, with my wife and my kids...and my dog
    bittorrent

yep, you can get it off Kazaa-Lite

I downloaded XP home and XP pro of Kazaa-Lite, but never installed them... I run a highly tweaked and streamlined win98se in my 3 computers and well... if it ain't broke...

Red

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Windows XP Pro is stable. Just have to make sure you put the service packs and security updates on.

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    It's pretty stable on my end too. I dont know why so many people have beef with it ?

Got Gear? is offline Member
    Originally posted by Pheedno
    It blows, run away bro, run away.
    Huh?

There's nothing wrong with XP. Or any of the windows NT platforms for that matter. It's basically Windows 2000 with some added features.

Are you a fan of the Windows 9x platform or something?

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    The only problem with downloading a hacked or cracked Version of Windows XP you will most likely not be able to do Windows updates which is almost cructial because of all of the security holes. Besides, if it is cracked how reliable do you think it is? Maybe the hacker who cracked it left a security hole or a way to get into your computer???? The thoughts are endless.
    But on a safer note Windows XP is very stable if your hardware is up to snuff. I love it, especially some of the remote desktop and remote assistance, it helps us out alot in what we do. The built in firewall I have my debates about, but it seems to be somewhat effective.

mammoth is offline Member
    Originally posted by Sicilian30
    The only problem with downloading a hacked or cracked Version of Windows XP you will most likely not be able to do Windows updates which is almost cructial because of all of the security holes. Besides, if it is cracked how reliable do you think it is? Maybe the hacker who cracked it left a security hole or a way to get into your computer???? The thoughts are endless.
    But on a safer note Windows XP is very stable if your hardware is up to snuff. I love it, especially some of the remote desktop and remote assistance, it helps us out alot in what we do. The built in firewall I have my debates about, but it seems to be somewhat effective.
    Actually that is not true! Most of the original XP copies that were found on the net were not "cracked" they were simply just copies of the corporate edition which allowed multiple installations of the same key! I still use this version today. Also, you can download a program that will allow you to change your key to one that is not listed as a illegal key. You then can proceed to install Service Pack 1. The Keychanger program can be found on KaZaa!

There will never be a way to stop hackers from releasing copies of any software into the wild internet kingdom. Who do you think develops the software? The same people who pirate the titles before they hit the shelves. Even the new Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition was available before it hit the shelves.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Man there are so many problems with operating systems and people complain and all that shit. Right now I'm using Windows 2000, and I have to say it's been the best. I don't use any of it's special features, hell I don't even know what the hell they are, but there are virtually no bugs and no glitches and it works great. Crashes very very few times. I used Windows 98 Second Edition for a long time, and I really liked it too, not too many problems, but Windows 2000 is by far the best. I've used XP and ME and I personally think they both sucked ass. One was too childish/cartoonist, and the other one kept crashing on me. Windows 2000 is what I would recommend people use/stick with.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    there are two families of windows:
    1) windows 95: win95, win98, winME
    2) windows nt: winNT, win2k, winXP

the first family blows to all hell. i can't even explain how much they blow...=) for christ sake, they still run 16 bit code...ridiculous in this day and age. also, security in the win95 family is joke...i.e. there is no security. aside from all that, the technology blows. crappy threading model, incredibly crappy filesystem (vfat or fat32, what a joke), crappy reat time scheduler, oh god the list goes on...

win2k and winxp are the only choices imo for a windows environment. of course there is linux...which is what i use on all 4 of my computers...=)

if you know anything about operating systems, you'll know what i'm talking about. if not, please take my advice and upgrade to a windows that's based off of NT/2k...

-- clocky baby

Got Gear? is offline Member
    Originally posted by clockworks
    there are two families of windows:
    1) windows 95: win95, win98, winME
    2) windows nt: winNT, win2k, winXP

the first family blows to all hell. i can't even explain how much they blow...=) for christ sake, they still run 16 bit code...ridiculous in this day and age. also, security in the win95 family is joke...i.e. there is no security. aside from all that, the technology blows. crappy threading model, incredibly crappy filesystem (vfat or fat32, what a joke), crappy reat time scheduler, oh god the list goes on...

win2k and winxp are the only choices imo for a windows environment. of course there is linux...which is what i use on all 4 of my computers...=)

if you know anything about operating systems, you'll know what i'm talking about. if not, please take my advice and upgrade to a windows that's based off of NT/2k...

-- clocky baby
    I agree 100%. Just wanted to point out that Windows NT 3.51 or 4 really isn't a good idea for a home user. It's a great business systems OS, but doesn't have much of the Multimedia capabilities that most home users want.

Assassinator is offline Associate Member
    98 2nd edition sucks , i dono if its my screwed pc, but it crashes too often.

I'll wait till i get a new pc someday and have maybe .... ZP and not XP

David B. is offline Member
    Originally posted by Sicilian30
    There's only one update that the cracked versions won't run -- SP1. It checks for known crack CD Keys. If you try to install it on a cracked system, and it catches you, then not only will the service pack not install, but you also get stuck with a nice 30-day warning before the OS self-destructs. Got good backups???

--dave

Thread Information