Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired

ok all you "arty" people - what artist is this?

One of the very few of this artist I like - but is does so well capture the advances of the man, who is tryingto be gentle yet persuasive in his cause - the woman, who plays both coy and demure to his advances, yet secretly desiring him and hoping for his success while feering for her modesty and reputation - notice she is moving her upper body away while her lower body is pressed up against him - also her head leans in to him, no doubt to hear his amourous wispers - and the half smile on the face while her eyes refuse to meet his - so many tiny details of body language provide such an intimate window to a private scene of young love. Pity the artist left this course.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ok all you "arty" people - what artist is this?-plovers.jpg  

ichiban is offline Female Member
    It kind of looks like Gauguin? Cezanne? I did not know you were such an art historian.

MINX is offline Junior Member
    Just like me all demure and alluring....

mammoth is offline Member
    Originally posted by MINX
    Alluring??? Maybe to a mountain goat! J/K

I take it you are also into art Minx!!

Originally posted by MINX
    Based on the last pic - aluring, pehaps - but demure? ..... I doubt it....

CMon people - this should be an easy one

David B. is offline Member
    Originally posted by CYCLEON

CMon people - this should be an easy one

Is he a Spaniard?

--dave

roch is offline Member
    this one is entitled "bad breath" and was painted by altoid brethmenthe

Just kidding.

Originally posted by David B.

Is he a Spaniard?

--dave
    Could be - or he could just as easily be french or Italian

monet???

A good guess, and this artist did start out an impressionist but this couldnt be a Monet, because Monet even in his earlier works tended to use micro spashes of color everywhere and a feathered brush stroke. thus even paintings of a dominant hue were filed with undercolor. Notice the difference?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ok all you "arty" people - what artist is this?-monet.jpg  

BTW: it is easy if you look at it from the standpoint of historic progression - masters (renaissance, barouque) ---> classist ---> neoclassist ---> romatisism ---> realism ---> impressionism ---> post impresionism/expressionism ---> cubist ---> dada ---> surrealism ---> whatever we have today

if you look at where this might fall on that category and then think of who typifies it - see how the body language is clear but the images are stark, without undue detail.

BTW: it is easy if you look at it from the standpoint of historic progression - masters (renaissance, barouque) ---> classist ---> neoclassist ---> romatisism ---> realism ---> impressionism ---> post impresionism/expressionism ---> cubist ---> dada ---> surrealism ---> whatever we have today

if you look at where this might fall on that category and then think of who typifies it - see how the body language is clear but the images are stark, without undue detail.
    That's why I asked. I was thinking this resembles some of Picasso's early work.

--dave

BLOOD is offline Associate Member
    Exerpt I read from the George Carlin Book Brain Droppings which goes something like this: "After looking at Picasso's paintings it made me wonder what kind of women he visualized while masturbating."

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Camille Pissarro or Degas?

I am going to say that you are bragging and u painted it! lol

Minx, I truly wish - dave b. was on track right away with the spanish - but notice I said that he could just as easily be French or Italian, since Paris is where he was most influenced by the growing postimpressionistic styles and then he moved to Rome for awhile as well. Of course, he is a Spaniard by birth - though he was lothe to claim them while Franco was in power - Picasso, it is. - during his "blue" period.

See what happened to him? SOme his later things are good but I cant honestly say that "get" the same clarity of message amid all the abstraction - ergo...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ok all you "arty" people - what artist is this?-picasso.jpg  

- Picasso, it is. -
    He shoots, he scores!!!

--dave

is it salvador Dhali??

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    hey thats my painting

chevy44 is offline Member
    i looked at the painting b4 i read ur statement, and to me it looked like the girl and guy banged two days ago w/out a rubber and now shes pregnant and hes reasuring her that itll be okay! but after reading what u posted it ALL comes together! jk sorry im in one of those "everything is funny" moods! goodnight
    oh by the way, its a great painting!

Martin43 is offline New Member
    "After looking at Picasso's paintings it made me wonder what kind of women he visualized while masturbating."

I wonder what one would say about Jackson Pollock after looking at his paintings, that he just loved wanking? One needs to be careful when looking at Picasso (or any painting for that matter) for a correspondence between his paintings and his relationships with the various women in his life (A. Stassinopoulos book on Picasso for example). Picasso's art/painting is concerned with the different ways/styles that the human form has been portrayed in terms of a two-dimensional/flat surface. His paintings draw on “primitive” and decorative art where the human form has been simplified to its symbolic essentials. Picasso knew the difference between art and women and certainly enjoyed both.

I am unsure about the latter painting being less clear. The tenderness is conveyed in another way: through the linear pattern which mergers the faces together.

Did any one see the film about Jackson Pollock

Power-BB is offline Associate Member
    For the first picture i would have guessed it was Picasso as well. For some reason I saw this picture of a woman's crotch by him (another painting) and it's the exact same way he did this lady's crotch. Sorry to sound gross but it's true.

Anyways Cycleon I like the way you analyzed. For some reason that shit never comes naturally to me, but it all makes sense once i hear it. Sometimes I wish I didn't jump out of that shopping cart when I was 3 and land on my head

Thread Information