Big Rush is offline The Juice Man

Anyone catch "Matrix Reloaded" tonight?

Well, how the hell was it? I'm going tomorrow night.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    A total waste of money!

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by EXCESS
    A total waste of money!

Shut up

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Wasn't half as good as the first but definately worth seeing. The freeway scene kicked ass.

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    it was amazing, go see it. everyone.

im a little biased because i just took a semester long course in philosophy where the professor used the matrix to present philosophical issues, so i liked it for the philosophical implications and storyline as well as the amazing action sequences.

the action is basically non-stop, head and shoulders above anything else I've seen. many of the scenes compare to the opening scene of X2 as far as a 'WOW' effect.

if anyone wants to talk about the philosophical issues presented in the new movie, drope me a line... i dont want to ruin anything for anyone who has yet to see it.

bigdan is offline New Member
    The movie was horrible dont see it. I left after two hours of it ...

BimBamBoom is offline Associate Member
    I did like the first one better since it introduced the whole story and idea, which has been told many times before, in many different ways, in stories from philosophers, a similar example is platos cave allegory. This movie has a ton of different elements of course, the most obvious one being the technology and everything being about computers/technology taking over, but the basic idea that humans only know what they see to be true as real remains the same.... like i said i like the first one better since it introduced the whole story, this one was just more of a intense action movie, with some good philosophical stand points i guess.... nonetheless an enjoyable movie....

Slypknot is offline Member
    My vote: SAVE YOUR MONEY AND WAIT FOR A FRIEND TO RENT IT.

The fight scenes were WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY drawn out, the movie did NOT pickup from where the first one left off, Neo is not the 'God' he was portrayed as in the first one and what the hell was the Rave/Sex scene in Xion?!?!? Time killer? My buddy timed the 'freeway' chase scene - IT WAS 25 MINUTES LONG!

Bottom line - Reloaded has gotten pretty poor reviews so far, most everyone in the theater was upset at the end of it and they are gonna need to work extra hard to pull this puppy out in the 3rd movie.....

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by monstercojones
    it was amazing, go see it. everyone.

im a little biased because i just took a semester long course in philosophy where the professor used the matrix to present philosophical issues, so i liked it for the philosophical implications and storyline as well as the amazing action sequences.

if anyone wants to talk about the philosophical issues presented in the new movie, drope me a line... i dont want to ruin anything for anyone who has yet to see it.
    Where do you go to school at? I know a prof at MSU who did the same thing.

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    villanova.

humpymuscle is offline Junior Member
    sorry guys but it sucked. i just have one question about the plot: why would you have a rave when you're about to die?

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    People, wake up, take the red pill and find yourself at the real matrix thread

sorry bigrush, you one-upped me in the AR lounge here and I'm forced to fight back.

Originally posted by BigGreen
    People, wake up, take the red pill and find yourself at the real matrix thread

sorry bigrush, you one-upped me in the AR lounge here and I'm forced to fight back.
    LOL...you shameless self-promoter you

i liked the movie....i thought the fight scenes were incredible.

DO NOT READ THIS NEXT PART IF YOU DON"T WANT PARTS OF THE MOVIE GIVEN AWAY:
    i will admit that towards the end when neo met the creator of the matrix, his grammar selection slightly stumped me ....also, WTF is up with the last part where neo stopped one of the machines with his hand then collapsed?

Power-BB is offline Associate Member
    Yeah, I'm going to have to watch it again to understand it all. Was very hard to follow. I also think it did get kind of long at some parts. The first one was great, the new idea of living in a 'matrix' maybe they should have just left it at that.......

alevok Guest
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by BigGreen
    [B]People, wake up, take the red pill and find yourself at the real matrix thread

uhh how do you cycle that red pill? Is it andriol you talking about

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Originally posted by Big Rush
    i will admit that towards the end when neo met the creator of the matrix, his grammar selection slightly stumped me ....also, WTF is up with the last part where neo stopped one of the machines with his hand then collapsed?
    the creator of the matrix spoke in a language i could not understand. he was mind blowin me like crazy.

as for the last scene, that i have no idea either. it's like Neo was his own EMP in the real world. how can he be any different in the real world ? he's still only human. in the Matrix I can understand because that's all mind power.

Slypknot is offline Member
    One nasty tidbit I heard from several....

The MATRIX III is supposed to be 30mins long and basically just end this whole deal.... God I'm hoping my buds are wrong.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    C'mon, you really think they'd make the battle / fall of Xion / and machines 30 minutes long and that's it ??

All I know is that movie better come out like tomorrow instead of September.

bootydaddy is offline Junior Member
    the park fight scene was the best fight scene ever..............

any objections?? Other choices???

KeyMastur is offline VET
    I really didn't like the fight scenes as much as I did in the first one. I guess maybe because I already knew that he could whip their ass. Plus after the first Subway fight scene, you pretty much see all the moves / special effects (slowing down, jumping, etc.).

I am a little confused as to what Agent Smith is now. He's not an agent. Is he a virus ?? Were there any virii in the Matrix ?? What's the deal with the twins - are they dead now ?? And what exactly were they ?? Rebel programs that were self-efficient inside the Matrix ??

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, I posted on BG's thread,, but I better comment here as well, least I dis' my boy BR!

I saw the “Matrix Reloaded” Saturday, and while a few scenes did almost cause me cerebral over load, the weak plot and hole filled story line left me feeling like the movie was just a cleaver diversion, created by the Wachowski Brothers to distract us while they picked our pockets. I seriously doubt I will see the next one... maybe on DVD.
    Last edited by ripped4fsu; 05-19-2003 at 07:23 AM.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by KeyMastur

as for the last scene, that i have no idea either. it's like Neo was his own EMP in the real world. how can he be any different in the real world ? he's still only human. in the Matrix I can understand because that's all mind power.
    He didn't stop it. Remember right after he fell to the ground, a ship came in and picked them up. It used it's EMP to kill the sentinals.

Originally posted by Pheedno

He didn't stop it. Remember right after he fell to the ground, a ship came in and picked them up. It used it's EMP to kill the sentinals.
    I'm not sure that's possible...extrapolating from the original Matrix, a ship's discharge of its EMP disables everything electronic in the ship (effectively ending the ship's functioning) - the very reason why in the original film the couldn't discharge the EMP until Neo was taken "out" of his electronic dependency upon the matrix. After the EMP's are ultimately discharged in the original, there is nothing to indicate the ship functions on its on after that point, and it simply flashes to the final scene. This reading would also be supported by the EMP "sabotage" on the counterattack presumably waged by the human version of the cloned "Smith" (the goatee guy) which outright disabled five ships...so clearly an EMP blast disables entire ships, which would seem to negate this particular interpretation, though that's what I love about film and literature (narratives in general, I guess), there's so much detective work involved in the interpretation (which is never reall immutable) that facilitates these types of discussions.

Originally posted by KeyMastur
    I am a little confused as to what Agent Smith is now. He's not an agent. Is he a virus ?? Were there any virii in the Matrix ?? What's the deal with the twins - are they dead now ?? And what exactly were they ?? Rebel programs that were self-efficient inside the Matrix ??
    The way I see it is that Agent Smith is in fact a program. A program that "mutated" into some kind of virus, giving him the power to "infect" anyother average entity in the matrix (people). The twins were rogue programs with alot of power...still unclear on alot of it.

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Big Rush

The way I see it is that Agent Smith is in fact a program. A program that "mutated" into some kind of virus, giving him the power to "infect" anyother average entity in the matrix (people). The twins were rogue programs with alot of power...still unclear on alot of it.
    From my understanding, Agent Smith is a exiled program. In the first matrix he was failed to defeat Neo, so programs that fail to do their job either get deleted or exiled. In Smith's case, he is exiled, he rather wonder the streets of matrix by himself seeking revenge on Neo. He learned something from Neo, he has the ability to "copy". So now he is alot stronger then ever.

Originally posted by BigGreen

presumably waged by the human version of the cloned "Smith" (the goatee guy)
    Smith has a Goatee?!? geez, I MUSTA been high because I don't remember that...

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Originally posted by ripped4fsu
    Smith has a Goatee?!? geez, I MUSTA been high because I don't remember that...
    It's not Smith. It's a character in Xion that has been infected in the mind by Smith while he was in the Matrix. Did you not see the guy with the knife who was walking up behind Neo before they headed out ?? He's also the same guy at the very end of the movie who's lying on a table next to Neo.

Oh yeah!! shit, that's right... thanks KM

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    Guess Ill rent it then

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I saw it today - as far as the fight scenes and action - yes, they are generation above anything witnessed so far and worth your $10

as to the philosophy and story line - I can tell that there is much that most here did not understand - I myself will have to watch it again to catch many of the sublimes. I will also have to wait to see the conclusion to see if I agree with what they are putting forth. This Cristophany (Neo) makes it a point to denote that people "save" themselves via their choices - while the "Creator" (obviously not ment ot be a true Theophany however) notes that all choices are known already, the only thing lleft is to understand why - which can fall under the doctrine of predetermination - it is hard in some cases to match everything because Neo (new man) is acting both as the Cristophany and as fallen man responding to message, having been reborn and now achieving his desitiny.

One thing seems relatively clear however - the world of the "sqiddies" is also not "real" - demonstrated by Neo's power over them and alluded to by the reminder that "there is no spoon"
    Boy: Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth.
    Neo: What truth?
    Boy: There is no spoon.
    Neo: There is no spoon?
    Boy: Then you'll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.

Agent Smith, although a "daemon" of the system - also has free choice you will notice.

Power-BB is offline Associate Member
    Cycleon you just confused the hell out of me lol.

Anyways I saw it again and would have to say it's a lot better the second time around. I tend to miss a lot of things watching movies the first time but the second time i loved it.

Power

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    It is definitely the kind of movie that has to be seen more than once - especially when there is such action going on it takes awhile for all of the dialog to register in its proper place - there is no scene nor statement without at least 2 levels of meaning

Originally posted by CYCLEON
    It is definitely the kind of movie that has to be seen more than once -
    Agreed, I have seen it twice now and have a renewed appreciation after the second go-around. In many ways, the need for multiple viewings/readings are what makes a narrative great...though the reasons necessitating the second, third, fourth..........readings must be valid (ie, not simply because of contradictions, mere confusion and so on).

Thread Information