jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!

Indianapolis or La?

So some of you may remember that I will be getting a new job soon. Well Ive downselected to Indy (actually W. Lafayette) or LA (actually Riverside, CA). I was just wondering what people say about either. To be honest, my mind will be made up based on the job and living conditions, but I figured a good healthy debate might start, even if it doesn't mean much

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    being a resident of Indiana during the school year (south bend) i can tell you how shitty the state is for 9 months of the year.

terrible weather patterns, nothing to do for the most part, and just a shithole in general.

i have visited w. lafayette to see friends from Purdue, and let me tell you it isn't much better than SB.

you are actually posting that you can't make the decision between LA and IN? warm weather, great looking women, and more warm weather. please, i am going to smack you on the head jeff

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    go to LA...I live near Detroit and winter is like 7 months long. Its almost June and we still havent hit 75 degrees.

The problem is not only the weather, but I am a country boy, and I just cant seem to get used to the fact that for half a million dollars you get a two bedroom shanty. For that in Ind, I get 4 bedroom, 40 acre horse farm with heated indoor arena. As for the weather, I looked on world almanac and indy gets an average of 21 in of snow a year with ave Jan temp of 27. Where I am in NY right now, we get almost 90 in snow and 20 ave Jan temp. not to mention that Purdue will offer almost 10 grand a year more and is a better school than UCR.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Originally posted by jeffylyte
    The problem is not only the weather, but I am a country boy, and I just cant seem to get used to the fact that for half a million dollars you get a two bedroom shanty. For that in Ind, I get 4 bedroom, 40 acre horse farm with heated indoor arena. As for the weather, I looked on world almanac and indy gets an average of 21 in of snow a year with ave Jan temp of 27. Where I am in NY right now, we get almost 90 in snow and 20 ave Jan temp. not to mention that Purdue will offer almost 10 grand a year more and is a better school than UCR.
    I guess you just answered your own question bro

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    What kind of job are you persuing if I can ask?

Originally posted by Ammar
    What kind of job are you persuing if I can ask?
    I am looking at becoming faculty. I won't say which department (you could probably find me that way!), but lets just say that I am a science and engineering geek! Like BigGreen I am gonna be in school one way or another my whole life!

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Jeff..I have had the pleasure of living in LA and Indiana..They both have great qualities to some extent, however I would have to go with LA if I were you..

Indianapolis is a growing city with a lot to offer in terms of dining and entertainment options..It has a big city look with a smaller city feel..Great if you are wanting to slow down a little and maybe even raise a family..Don't get me wrong, it still has crime and some fo the negatives that go along with a larger city..It's affordable, traffic isn't all that bad, and the changing of the seasons is actually kind of nice once you get used to it..

LA..Where to start..VERY fast paced..VERY expensive..Very trendy..Weather is great most of the time..The women are beautiful, but VERY high maintenance..Traffic is an absolute nightmare..It may take you two hours to get from one side of LA to the other..Generally the cost of living is quite high..But it has anything to do anytime..I loved it out there and me and my wife go back a few times a year to vacation..Personally, now that I have a wife, a dog, and a child on the way, I prefer Indiana..But, if I were young and single, you can bet your ass I would be out in LA!! Good luck with your decision and your future!!

Doc M

5minsforfighting is offline Associate Member
    Ive lived in the midwest as well as Cali ... so i know both extremes. I agree with Doc M and I would have to say if you are single and wanna live the fast life then LA is for you. Riverside is about a hour from LA and can be hot and dry out there in the summers. Myself i hated the winters out in the midwest, and they were bruital, and i hope i never have to experience them anytime soon. Ill take 100 degree heat anytime over snow. Goodluck and im sure you will make the right decision.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    LA LA LA LA LA
    I visit Cali once a month from Toronto (perk of having a direct family member working for the Airlines) and I LOVE IT.

Go to CALI my man! You will not regret it!

Thread Information