The Butcher is offline Member

I can tell Big Green is still in school because...

...of the manner in which he responds to everyone's threads. I remember when I was still in college and my mind worked like a well oiled machine. Chomsky and Derrida's ponderings would have been fresh on my mind as well at the time, but just wait a few years BG. Then you won't remember shit about all of the things you are studying now. And all of the verbose responses you are giving currently will be reduced to something as simple as "Yeah, uhhh, that should probably work." Sorry BG, not slamming you, merely doing some self-examination and realizing then when you don't use your mind it turns to mush. I have noticed Mammoth has similar responses to yours, but he has no excuse for having a functioning mind. He's old like I am so there is no reason for his mind to function as well as it does. Assholes. Enjoy your youth!!!!

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Hehe

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    There is, my friend, a satisfactory solution that shall allow me to pursue my corporeal endeavors so essential to my AR identity while simultaneously satisfying my inexorable intellectual component. I'll NEVER LEAVE SCHOOL!!! Yeah, that's right....NEVER. I'll have more degrees than a f*ckin thermometer and defer student loans until I die...let my as of yet unborn kids inherent them...ungrateful pricks. Lifelong work study at the fitness center and perpetual exercising (as opposed to exorcising) of the intellect!! I'll be unstoppable...bow before me.

Okay, I admit my school identity and my AR identity all too often conflate or otherwise infringe on one another (you should see me in class when I let a professor know that Norman Mailer did everything in the construction of his character outside of put him on a Fina cycle to drive home the point that he was a testy individual!), I don't intend to be a "hey look at me the prominent Ivy-Leaguer" little fuck.

Farmer is offline Member
    Butch, I sometime said to myself the same thing you posted...and now as I read the responses and everything I am reminded of certain people I knew throughout highschool..(I am not getting away from BG) that would always try and talk so proper and spit out trivial pursuit answers from the baby-boomers edition to sound smart. I could always see through these morons but they could never see it for themselves. Which now leads me to another point..some people just conduct themselves in different ways..for example how everyone is referring to bush for his speaking. Same kind of thing, bush is a very intelligent person but he doesn't present himself in a way. I'm really starting to ramble here and I hope my point is getting in here somewhere..I'm just going to try and sum it up..two people could be equally intelligent but one might come across less intelligent in the way he speaks or types for that matter...which I guess comes down to grammar and english..my gosh I have rambled..I am now going to be late for work Anyhow, take care all you intelligent folk!

Peace

Farmer

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member
    wut beez it bout yall whodies spitting bout? i not shizzure wizzat the fizzuck it iz but yousssse betta beez strait trippin

Well, I initially thought this thread was started in a joking manner, but have started to wonder otherwise. If it is in fact the case that people on the board have a problem with the fact that those of in school still sometimes drift back and forth between scholar and AR contributor (we do, after all, presumably type our papers at the keyboard we spin our AR posts), I would assume it's more than excusable. I, for example, don't necessarily assume that someone consistently talking about the hot chicks they run into on a weekly basis is compensating for a self confidence problem, nor do I assume that those of you who can't seem to differentiate between "too", "to" and "two" or "you're" vs. "your" in your posts are somehow uneducated or lower-class. I understand that those type of grammatical errors are an absolute given in everyday type (especially of the conversational nature that discussion boards spurn) and do not in any way project that upon who you are in *real* life.

Many times, I put forth that persona of the scholar as it is a joking part of my AR identity (my championing of "rule 5967-a, for example)...and I thought most shared the humor in the matter. If in fact it offends anyone, I apologize for being raised in a home where an absolute premium was placed on education. I really don't know what else to say if I'm perceived as someone who sits at the keyboard, thesaurus in hand, book of quotations on my lap, ready to "spit out trivial pursuit answers from the baby-boomers edition to sound smart".

Kato is offline Member
    FKIT, LMFAO. Great thread all around so far!

mammoth is offline Member
    Originally posted by BigGreen
    There is, my friend, a satisfactory solution that shall allow me to pursue my corporeal endeavors so essential to my AR identity while simultaneously satisfying my inexorable intellectual component. I'll NEVER LEAVE SCHOOL!!! Yeah, that's right....NEVER. I'll have more degrees than a f*ckin thermometer and defer student loans until I die...let my as of yet unborn kids inherent them...ungrateful pricks. Lifelong work study at the fitness center and perpetual exercising (as opposed to exorcising) of the intellect!! I'll be unstoppable...bow before me.

Okay, I admit my school identity and my AR identity all too often conflate or otherwise infringe on one another (you should see me in class when I let a professor know that Norman Mailer did everything in the construction of his character outside of put him on a Fina cycle to drive home the point that he was a testy individual!), I don't intend to be a "hey look at me the prominent Ivy-Leaguer" little fuck.
    How about letting a semi-seasoned vet explain the flaw in your theory for escaping what is inevitable! In order to establish inhertiable debt you must therefore endure offspring. Well, here's where experience comes into play. See, children are the root of all influx of idiocy! There is no escaping the deterioration of ones intellect when it comes to progeniture of brood.

Oh but wait!! You name an american icon who can be a testament to your theory! A man who has been a prolific author as well as the Mayor of New York. He authored such great writings as "The White Negro" and "Oswald's Tale". He has been awarded two Pulitzer Prize's as well as the National Book Award in 1969. All these achievements while being married six times and bearing nine children. Now ask yourself.....could you be the next Norman Mailer?

BTW--No matter what you do, I will always know you as the "prominent Ivy-league fuck"!

Originally posted by Farmer
    Butch, I sometime said to myself the same thing you posted...and now as I read the responses and everything I am reminded of certain people I knew throughout highschool..(I am not getting away from BG) that would always try and talk so proper and spit out trivial pursuit answers from the baby-boomers edition to sound smart. I could always see through these morons but they could never see it for themselves. Which now leads me to another point..some people just conduct themselves in different ways..for example how everyone is referring to bush for his speaking. Same kind of thing, bush is a very intelligent person but he doesn't present himself in a way. I'm really starting to ramble here and I hope my point is getting in here somewhere..I'm just going to try and sum it up..two people could be equally intelligent but one might come across less intelligent in the way he speaks or types for that matter...which I guess comes down to grammar and english..my gosh I have rambled..I am now going to be late for work Anyhow, take care all you intelligent folk!

Peace

Farmer
    Presentation represents education. A man can be intelligent without being educated! If you ever met me in person you would probably think I was as dumb as a rock! I stutter and slur my words like a true southerner! I do not regard myself as intellectually superior to anyone! As a matter of fact I made it a point throughout my educational stint to make sure I didn't come off as a "smart" person! It just wasn't cool and the jocks made fun of those who spoke using proper english!

I do feel however that in order to excel in my profession and to gain respect I have to rid myself of the mindset that I once carried regarding intelligence. There was a stigma growing up that if your were a smart person who exceeded expectations in school you were considered a nerd! This stigma no longer exists in this white collar society. Geeks run this planet and they always will. So if a person sounds like they are reciting passages from the latest edition of trivial pursuit then so be it! Who are you to judge them as being morons. IMO, anyone who chooses to represent themselves in educated manner has my respect, regardless of the authenticity. We should all regard intelligence as a virute and strive to achieve a noticeable degree of it. If stupid people weren't stupid we wouldn't have half the issues that we endure! <--Ok, that comment was probably uncalled for, but I feel it is a reality! Call me arrogant, but that is how I feel! Now I am rambling! Later!
    Last edited by mammoth; 05-27-2003 at 07:09 PM.

Well, I initially thought this thread was started in a joking manner, but have started to wonder otherwise. If it is in fact the case that people on the board have a problem with the fact that those of in school still sometimes drift back and forth between scholar and AR contributor (we do, after all, presumably type our papers at the keyboard we spin our AR posts), I would assume it's more than excusable. I, for example, don't necessarily assume that someone consistently talking about the hot chicks they run into on a weekly basis is compensating for a self confidence problem, nor do I assume that those of you who can't seem to differentiate between "too", "to" and "two" or "you're" vs. "your" in your posts are somehow uneducated or lower-class. I understand that those type of grammatical errors are an absolute given in everyday type (especially of the conversational nature that discussion boards spurn) and do not in any way project that upon who you are in *real* life.

Many times, I put forth that persona of the scholar as it is a joking part of my AR identity (my championing of "rule 5967-a, for example)...and I thought most shared the humor in the matter. If in fact it offends anyone, I apologize for being raised in a home where an absolute premium was placed on education. I really don't know what else to say if I'm perceived as someone who sits at the keyboard, thesaurus in hand, book of quotations on my lap, ready to "spit out trivial pursuit answers from the baby-boomers edition to sound smart".
    In the immortal words of William Clinton..." I feel your pain"!!

If a person takes offense to someone exercising there mind in order to articulate there point then that person has some alterior motive to there angst!

I think what bothers me about this to some degree is the fact that if someone works their ass off to attain a body that only one out of every thousand people could hope to achieve, they are given full license, and indeed encouragement, to use a pic of themselves as an avatar. Through no less diligence and hard work, I have found myself in an educational institution and setting that only one out of every thousand people could ever hope to attain. If I happen to express that in my avatar, I don't see the problem. Furthermore, if the results of that hard work and diligence happen to show through in my writing, I don't see a problem with that. It's as indellible a part of who I am as are the identifiable components of anyone else's writing.

And yes, Mammoth is right, I'll always be an "Ivy League Fuck", but this Ivy League Fuck spent a good chunk of free time during exams helping a fellow AR member track down resources to study for his GED. Again, my advanced apologies if NONE of this was meant as serious, but I get the distinct feeling that at least some small part of it betrays a seriousness in the matter that I find troubling to say the least.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    big N - that shit cracks me up... it's like you type faster than you're thinkin'

Originally posted by big N
    well bro its not all that simple ,firt off u need to be educated somewhat in doggs.then u need to fine ur deiser male and female ,make sure thier the the line u want in ur doggs and then what u want ur doggs to look like ,if u want them to be game ,large ,small ,etc .its very complicated ull need a couple of differnt doggs and u need to know how far u back u breed with each one .this is if u want top notch doggs ,if u want some back yard bred gheeto doggs then just take a male female and have them breed ,there u have puppies,u can pm me with any qustions .

sigrabbit is offline Member
    Hey Big, Harlot's Ghost is one of my all time favorites. Keep up the hard work.

Ummm...Warrior, I fear I have no idea what you're talking about?!

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Members here are welcome to express themselves in any way they see fit as long as it is respectful of other members and abides by the board rules. I am assuming this thread was started as a good natured ribbing but it better not turn in anyway into a personal attack for three reasons. 1) It is against the board rules 2) I happen to like Big Green and his posts 3) I may be working for this guy one day. We are a family here and should encourage our membership in all their endeavors and not just those pertaining to BB.

Farmer is offline Member
    Green, did I come across wrong in my post?? I must have, by no means was I trying to be negative or to put you down for your posts' or anything else for that matter. Anyhow, the intial post was not meant as a flame, which doesn't really matter because in any situation it is how the other person percieves it. ADIOS

Peace

Farmer

symatech is offline Retired Moderator

I am with you 100% green. If i have my way Ill be in school till the day I die. Always expanding my knowledge and wisdom. 3 cheers for us professional students

The Butcher is offline Member
    Wow, I go away for a few hours and look what happens! Big Green, my post was COMPLETELY in good humor. So, please do not look at it in any other way. I was merely reflecting on the fact that when I was in college (one with similar academic prestige to yours), I too had a tendency to respond to people's questions in a very "enlightened" manner. 5 Years later I have to think twice when typing "their" or "there" to remember which one is a place and which one is a plural possesive. It makes me laugh (and cry inside?) that my mental wit is not nearly as sharp as it was when I had to use it everyday. Your solution of being a perpetual student is one way to keep the mind working. But, eventually you will get tired of starving and you will actually want to get the fuck out of the University life. And you too will lose your mental edge. Accept it. It will make the fall into stupidity much more comfortable!

And Mammoth, shut up. You have no excuse for still having a mind that works well. You should be stupid like the rest of us!

Oh, one more thing. If the two of you (Mammoth and BG) stop being overbearing smart asses to one another, I will make sure you get banned. You two often provide much of my entertainment. BG thinks his "Avatar Gestapo" is powerful, but it pales in comparison to the "Bored Butcher Gestapo". No one wants the wrath of a bored, former-intellect with no mind stimulating entertainment from a couple of smart asses!

It's all good...i had read it absolutely assuming it was in good fun (and thought it was funny, too) but started to see it as otherwise when I misinterpreted Farmer's "I am not getting away from BG" addition. An overreaction due to looming graduation, the impending real world, and the notion that as much as I love academics, from here on in it means big loans and missed job opportunities if I am to continue? Very likely, and I apologize for that.

Also, and I know I joke about this all the time (but I am being for real here), but if you've changed your avatar of late (Butcher) I might not recognize you, and as such wouldn't have put two and two together that we'd joked with eachother on threads before. Looking now at your unique "location", i think I probably assumed you were newer and less involved than you actually are. My apologies there as well.

Later.

Originally posted by The Butcher

And Mammoth, shut up. You have no excuse for still having a mind that works well. You should be stupid like the rest of us!

While I am flattered that you would think that I have a functional mind, I have to pat myself for achieving that deception. I will say this! Wisdom comes with age and experience, and this board houses world's of wisdom! We all here contribute to this pool, and no seasoned member here could say otherwise. Give yourself credit for your contributions for they represent your wisdom as being equal to even BigGreen's intellect!

Oh, one more thing. If the two of you (Mammoth and BG) stop being overbearing smart asses to one another, I will make sure you get banned. You two often provide much of my entertainment. BG thinks his "Avatar Gestapo" is powerful, but it pales in comparison to the "Bored Butcher Gestapo". No one wants the wrath of a bored, former-intellect with no mind stimulating entertainment from a couple of smart asses!
    No worries here! I am on a personal mission to point out all of BigGreen's mistakes for I hold him to a high standard! I have the utmost respect for the man! I admit that this acrimony stems also from years of being under the umbrella of many "ivy-league" co-workers! I am disturbed!

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    BG (if I may be so bold as to address you as a Bro), from an outsiders veiw (not being close to you as the Bro's that responded to this post, for I feel they are close freinds of yours for sure) and reading the post as such I know the guy's were ribbing you just a little. I'm sure they are like me and respect your opinion and views on life and such. All of the Bro's that answered this thread are the ones I've gone back and looked up threads each has started because you guy's are so good at expressing what you want to say so well and each of you have so much to offer that I want to know all that you do. You especially! I admire people who are educated. It keeps the not so bright such as myself from doing more harm. BG if I had just half the brain that you and Mammoth have I'd never hide the fact I was smart......I'd be to damn prode of the fact. As you should be.

Just had to respond to this one so please forgive me if I've rambled or did a poor job of expressing my thoughts.

Jugg

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Am I not well-spoken or candid enough in my dialogue to be mentioned in this thread?

As far as presentation is concerned, one's ability to articulate information in a clear and concise manner is valued higher than all other components of a sound post.

As colloquial as many posts are on the board, BG embodies the true spirit of intelligent dialect in a thought provoking manner very often. It brings a smile to my face knowing that I understand every "vocab" word spewed from the intellectual machine, but inevitably it becomes verbose and dry at times when a direct answer would have sufficed.

i still heart you, BG, and cheers. The cup certainly runneth over...

Farmer is offline Member
    wow bad typo, I said "not getting away from BG" and meant to type "taking away" meaning no disrespect..what a huge difference a word can make..alrighty then, everything cleared up..group hug rofl

Peace

Farmer

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    wow bad typo, I said "not getting away from BG" and meant to type "taking away" meaning no disrespect..what a huge difference a word can make..alrighty then, everything cleared up..group hug rofl

Peace

Farmer
    Thus the importance of being well spoken

Peace

Farmer
    Farmer...that clears up just about any remaining concern i had. It was really that comment that gave me cause to think about where the thread was going a second and third time. Glad to hear it was a typo afterall! Now I gotta get out of this group hug...all you guys using fina have a slight odor. Who's afraid to inject the stuff, cuz i smell garlic??

Thread Information