Thread: neck crack

Whoisdaman is offline Senior Member

neck crack

Seems since day one of my cycle I have been cracking my neck constantly. It just gets tight like every 10 mintues and I end up cracking it to losen it up. Could this lead to a problem, should I see a chiropractor?

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Must be like cracking your knuckles. I do my neck sometimes for fun in public areas.

Whoisdaman is offline Senior Member
    hehe, it is kinda fun... but can it lead to problems like down the road? I was thinking maybe of seeing a chiropractor and just getting everything cracked and loosened.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Itīs never wrong to go to the chiro, go hear what they say. I should go for my knees but i heard they make you cry

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    my neck was so tight that i had to go to the chiropractor until it loosened up enough to where i could crack it myself. your bones are probably in pretty good alignment, and the muscles are pretty loose if you can crack your neck.

HeartDocMD is offline AR Medical Advisor
    The actually cracking sound is nothing to be worried about. However, if your neck is stiff, or you experience pain, you might wish to have it checked out. Either a chiropractor or an osteopathic doctor would do the trick. Personally, I prefer to see an osteopathic doctor (DO's).

ichiban is offline Female Member
    My neck is VERY easy to crack and pop.....it's been that way for years from ridding horses (absorbing impact). It feels soooo good when it pops, which is like every 30 min.! Personally I think most chiroprators are quacks. Be very picky if you choose to see one. I would go with the bone doc like HeartDoc suggested.

As I understand it, the popping noises are air bubbles in your synovial fluid releasing?? Anyway, hope that helps ya!

HeartDocMD is offline AR Medical Advisor
    Originally posted by ichiban
    I would go with the bone doc like HeartDoc suggested.
    Actually...Osteopathic physicians are NOT "bone doctors". In general, MD's and DO's are exactly the same. However, DO's (Osteopaths) learn a technique known as "Osteopathic Manipulation."

" Osteopathic manipulation is a form of treatment in which the Osteopathic physician uses his hands to bring about improvement in the condition of the muscles and skeletal system. We recognize that all of your body systems are interrelated, and know that the musculoskeletal system can dramatically affect health through its influence on the nervous, circulatory and immune systems. "

I have met a few of these doctors, and they have a slightly different approach to medicine then the MD does, however, they are considered equal in all respects.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    I had some pain in my neck and went to a chiropractor. Insurance paid for 20 visits, and it took those 20 visits to get rid of the pain. 6 months later the pain returned, and I went to an osteopath, who eliminated the pain completely in 2 visits.
    Oh yah, I originally went to my general practioner, who couldn't do squat for it but prescribe pain pills . . .

Well, I've heard great things about chiros, but I've also heard pretty darn wild claims. From curing headaches to asthma, whats next? Curing the black plague by cracking a few joints?

The one thing they seem to be really good at is stretching your "treatment" for as long as they can.

On the other hand to be fair, I've seen a few MD's do the same and play the "referal to their buddy" game quite well.

Red

Thread Information