Padawan is offline Associate Member

So this is starting to suck...

This post goes out the all the guys that are just starting to get some size, but aren't quite monsters yet. You know who you are...48-50" chest, 17-18" arms, 25"+ quads...not HUGE, but not average, either.

This is were I am at, and I must say it really sucks. People who don't lift tell me I am huge, but when I hit the gym and see the guys sporting the 20" guns, I feel so damn small. Depending on what I am wearing, you can hardly tell I work out.

Does anyone else feel like this? Am I the only one that feels being just "bigger than average" sucks? I hate it when people say Dude you are huge, because I know I am not...and it drives me nuts.

Do the truly huge guys have this same feeling of always wanting to be bigger? Or is it just us guys getting a taste of the being big, and want more?

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    i feel the same way some times...

my arms are around 19 cold and i have 28 inch quads, 19 inch calves...but i still feel small when the bigger dudes come in and are putting up 425 pounds on bench while i am stuck at 345.

im hovering at 237 now and at the halfway point of my current cycle, so there are still some good gains to be made.

my goals have changed considerably over the last 6 months or so from wanting to just be massive and throw up massive weights to more of a fitness oriented nature...i have enough size now that i feel like i should be happy, but i am not. its the dysmorphia we all suffer from, so don't feel alone. just reevaluate your goals and what you think could be feasible, and then you won't be disappointed.

all of the bigger bros here will agree, you can never be too big.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Trust me even the huge guys in your gym feel the same way. Muscles always look bigger on others.

jarrett is offline Senior Member
    yeah,, man im at the 49 inch chest mark...i feel ur pain..

David B. is offline Member

Re: So this is starting to suck...

Originally posted by Padawan
    This post goes out the all the guys that are just starting to get some size, but aren't quite monsters yet. You know who you are...48-50" chest, 17-18" arms, 25"+ quads...not HUGE, but not average, either.

This is were I am at, and I must say it really sucks. People who don't lift tell me I am huge, but when I hit the gym and see the guys sporting the 20" guns, I feel so damn small. Depending on what I am wearing, you can hardly tell I work out.

Haha, story of my life. I fit within the stated measurement range too. I find if very hard to accept compliments when I still feel so inadequate.

Problem is, I really need to start doing some serious long-term cutting, but the idea of intentionally getting SMALLER just goes against the grain.

--dave

bronzebeefcake is offline Associate Member
    Just went thru that feeling today...People calling me big and one guy even (a tourist)feeling my arm going wow look at that....Then i went to the gym, took one look around and felt really small...reverse anerexia?

I am about a month into a cutting cycle, and I feel the same thing Dave.

We should start a support group or something...lol.

Either that, or I need to start hanging out exclusively small guys.

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!

Isnt that the reverse of the Jenny Craig system? Instead of getting a couple of large friends to make yourself look smaller get a couple of skinny friends to make yourself feel bigger

Beantown Abuser is offline Junior Member

Re: So this is starting to suck...

Do the truly huge guys have this same feeling of always wanting to be bigger? Or is it just us guys getting a taste of the being big, and want more? [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes i'm not truly huge yet but i feel that most guys will never feel big enough. They always want to get bigger which makes them better and then will really set them apart from the rest.

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    It always makes me feel better when I hang out with lil' Jarrett

What are you doing for cutting? What's your diet like? Are you augmenting it with sauce and/or thermogenics? And how's it going? Is your strength holding up okay?

I'm at the end of an only-semi-successful bulking cycle, and really need to cut a LOT, soon. But I wanna stay off the sauce for a while, and I can't deal with thermogenics 'cause I work nights and tend to crash and burn when I come down off the stimulants.

What I'm really counting on, though, is that the bulk cycle that follows the extended cutting will make me EXPLODE.

It really is strangely frustrating to have people tell me how big I am when I feel like I haven't even started. And if I'm getting so many comments, why can't I see it in the mirror?

--dave

I'm not taking anything right now, not even OTC supps for the cutting. I cut my fat intake down to almost nothing, high protein, smaller meals, and cut my calories by about 500 a day under what I need to maintain my weight. I have some clen , and I got good results from it last year, but I am trying to maintain as much size as humanly possible. I'm not even giving myself a cheat day. Damn, it's been a month since I had anything considered junk food.

I added 20-30 minutes of cardio to my routine, nothing drastic. I lost a little over a 1/4" off my arms, about an inch off my chest, but again, nothing drastic so far. My weight has dropped over 20 pounds in the last 6-8 weeks, and I can finally see my top two abs. It sucks losing size, but I feel like it's all for not if I'm not comfortable with my shirt off. So, I took the plunge and started cutting.

I posted a thread that showed me a couple weeks ago, and I am leaning a little more since them. But nonetheless, it sucks to be shrinking, despite the fact that everyone tells me I will look bigger leaner. LOL. I need a new hobby... http://www.anabolicreview.com/vbulle...threadid=52299

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Originally posted by RON
    Trust me even the huge guys in your gym feel the same way. Muscles always look bigger on others.
    So very true, dosnt seem like i can pack on enough meat on me, im always thinking im the smallest guy in the gym.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by majorpecs
    It always makes me feel better when I hang out with lil' Jarrett
    That's just wrong major......just wrong!

jarrett is offline Senior Member
    OMG MAJOR WE ARE SO GUNNA PUT A MEASUREING TAPE TO MY CHEST AND ONE TO URS THIS WEEKEND

Padawan, see if this doesn't make you want to cry like a little girl:

http://www.anabolex.com/forums/showt...hlight=bigwolf

I think I hate this person with every fiber of my being!

--dave

I added 20-30 minutes of cardio to my routine, nothing drastic. I lost a little over a 1/4" off my arms, about an inch off my chest, but again, nothing drastic so far. My weight has dropped over 20 pounds in the last 6-8 weeks, and I can finally see my top two abs. It sucks losing size, but I feel like it's all for not if I'm not comfortable with my shirt off. So, I took the plunge and started cutting.
    How's your strength holding up?

When I start cutting, I'm not sure which is gonna scare me more -- when my arm measurement drops, or when I can no longer make certain benchmark lifts.

--dave

Originally posted by jarrett
    yeah,, man im at the 49 inch chest mark...i feel ur pain..
    I managed a 51" chest measurement when I was still on d-bol, but after that it settled back down to a 49.5". I was depressed as hell when it passed the 50" mark in the wrong direction...

--dave

My strength has dropped a little. I was benching 380, and I am down to 355 now. The rest of the stuff has lost a little, squat is down a little, not too bad.

rxarms is offline Associate Member
    I am totally huge, I feel huge, act huge, look huge. I am good looking too. I have huge amounts of hot girlfriends who have huge tits and don't speak English. I have huge amounts of money, have a huge dick, drive a huge SUV and live in a huge house. You all still like me right?

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by RON
    Agreed 100%

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Originally posted by bronzebeefcake
    Just went thru that feeling today...People calling me big and one guy even (a tourist)feeling my arm going wow look at that....Then i went to the gym, took one look around and felt really small...reverse anerexia?
    It's called Bigorexia (reverse anorexia) For more info hit the link.

http://www.anred.com/musdys.html

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    I constantly look in the mirror and want to be bigger, harder and leaner....not a day passes that I don't feel that. I've been training with Dangit and I don't like to take my sweatshirt off when we're together (he trains in a tank...and looks like a tank...check out his pics)

http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...threadid=54619

I also felt small when I trained with Silverfox and Big Boy. I've been off for over 3 months and have lost very little strength. I don't plan on cycling again until later this summer and I would like to be considerably leaner before starting.

Thread Information