Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Valmont is offline Banned
    Originally posted by Matt Foley
    whats the name of that movie where that "girl" whips out her package?that scared the shit out of me.
    I think that was sleep away camp. Yep, it was bigger than mine too.

durbin22 is offline Member
    Originally posted by TheMudMan
    Last House on the Left

This was the most disturbing movie I have ever seen. I saw it when I was younger. I think it was rated X at one time because of all the violence and gore. I bought it on DVD about a month ago and still will not watch it and for me that's pretty bad.

That movie was disturbing.

Rawhead Rex was a scary movie.

Jacobs ladder was pretty freaky!
    Ohhh had forgotten about that one! Pretty freaky!

Red

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    whats the name of that movie where that "girl" whips out her package?that scared the shit out of me.
    Crying Game?

Matt Foley is offline Member
    Originally posted by Money Boss Hustla

Crying Game?
    bingo YIKES,some scarry shiat!

Originally posted by Valmont

Well, it's a bit of a fuck up... all the actors and characters in the movie are in the 11-15 age range... so for the final scene where he's naked on the beach, they put in a 20 or so year old "body double" with a latex mask of the kid. Needless to say the features of a 20yo doesn't quite match the body of a 14 yo.

It does fall under the "Extra Cheezy" slasher movie category. Great to watch with a few friends and lots of beer.

Red

Matt Foley is offline Member
    Originally posted by Valmont

im sure the women around here will thank you for the warning

paulastone is offline Member
    i'd say Jacobs ladder is the one. I watched it like 2weeks ago, and its realy scary and messed up!!!
    have fun!

alevok Guest
    jeepers creepers, Nightmare on elm street 1, final destination 2, hellraiser

hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member
    THE RING HAD ME TWISTED A LIL....THAT DAMN CLOSET SEEN FUCKED ME UP FOR A SECOND(PEOPLE BEGAIN WALKING OUT THE THEATRE AT THAT TIME

peam is offline Suspended
    how about... don't say a word... that girl just creeps me out

David B. is offline Member
    Four words: Clint Howard Film Festival

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by Money Boss Hustla
    For me it's the Hellraiser movies. That pinhead freaked me out.
    ============================================

Yah, that's the one . . . Hellraiser . . . grossed me out big time. 10 years went by after I saw one and someone gave me a video of another in the series. I got through half of it and threw it out . . . just too gross for my "delicate sensibilities," I guess . . .

alevok Guest
    I see dead people they are everywhere

bobbo23 is offline Associate Member

Exclamation

kazaam was pretty scary

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member
    The Ring Was Definately The Scariest Thing I have Ever Saw In My Life Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIG R is offline Member
    OK BIG GREEN, You want intellegent scary........Back in the day (80's) John Carpenter had out some real winners that racked your brain and scared your pants off with anticipation. Big Cliff hanger endings.

1. The THING.........the mother off all spacial effects!!! Cool concept.........and what an ending. (Kurt Russell) You'll like it.
    2. The Prince of Darkness.....A totally weird story that uses religion and combines it with science in the 2nd of the Devil. Old 80's actors from the Simon and Simon TV show.......also a HUGE cliffhanger ending as characteristic of J. Carpenter..on of my faves of all time.

3. The Keep...kinda slow but interesting story....I saw it waaayyy back so proceed with caution.

ONly the 1st and 2nd Hellraiser. They are cool and have an intectual twist in them almost always.

The Re-animater- A cool story of giving life to the DEAD at a price....kinda PETCEMETARY -like. It is a cool movie

Evil Dead part 2 only- this movie (which I own) is the only one of its series that is not too SLOW (PART 1) and not made a parady (PART 3 Army of Darkness) of the Necranamicon....(BOOK OF THE DEAD)

Waxworks....cool effects and story short though...not the 2nd part! the 1st only

Aliens.. ..The second picture only. 1st (70's) was WAY too slow and the subsiquent films went a tad too cheesy for me to digest the lactose.

NO FRIDAY THE 13th's (part 2K) they have become a joke......as the Holloween's. Freddy,,Chucky,, all suck.

NEW HORROR:

Like the Ring.....took a scary twist in the later part of the movie.
    Ghostship......Cool beginning good story but gets slower and slower..cool naked chic though.
    Fear.com......stay away from this....Run from this SHITTY MOVIE, it SUCKED!
    Queen of the Dammed....Good Flick but not for a guy friend towatch. Too sensual, as all of Ann Rice's work.

Fullmoon Productions makes some cool little flics like The Puppet Master (I like 6 shooter) Subspecies-The Blood Stone....only they may get too stupid at points for you....I kinda liked them and the story lines.

of course we have the Exorcist that is a all time winner of horror. Only the 1st one the 2nd and 3rd parts went to hell with Jason Vorhese.

I might have missed some Classics that were more Cerebral like you wanted. I am kinda rusty but I was once a HUGE Horror BUFF, but know I'm just BUFF.........

Have fun,

R

Originally posted by BIG R

1. The THING.........the mother off all spacial effects!!! Cool concept.........and what an ending. (Kurt Russell) You'll like it.
    I agree, that movie rocks. It manages to be pretty spooky, and has a riveting plot. You get hooked.

2. The Prince of Darkness.....A totally weird story that uses religion and combines it with science in the 2nd of the Devil. Old 80's actors from the Simon and Simon TV show.......also a HUGE cliffhanger ending as characteristic of J. Carpenter..on of my faves of all time.
    I second that choice! Good spooky movie. And lets not forget the appearance of Alice Cooper

Another one I forgot...

"The Seventh Sign" with Demi More. Loved that flick! Take an already spooky bible story (Revelation, breaking of the seven seals) and make an even spookier movie from it. Can't go wrong!

Red

winny freak is offline New Member
    Pyscho!!!!!!!!!
    Amityvile horror
    Night of the living dead( the original)
    my .02 FREAK

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    i don't know about you guys...but Event Horizon got me. I wasn't expecting scary so watched it alone at night...ended up sleeping on the couch with the tv on fuzz until daylight!

Beantown Abuser is offline Junior Member
    the phantasm series i forgot them and i wanna see the again but that guy wit thw white hair and those silver balls things pretty crazy.

hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member
    event horizon freaked me out too....i wasnt expecting it to be like that and i also watched it alone one night and was a little spooked

Originally posted by kc
    i don't know about you guys...but Event Horizon got me. I wasn't expecting scary so watched it alone at night...ended up sleeping on the couch with the tv on fuzz until daylight!

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    It seems like the early Hell Raises are getting a lot of nods...i'll have to include those for sure. Also, if anyone else is reading this for a good scare....watching the first and last nightmare on elm streets back-to-back makes for some scary viewing. You watch the first one and get all freaked out, but tell yourself "it's just a movie"...then the last one blows that security blanket out of the water in an intelligent way...bravo, wes craven, bravo.

caturpilar is offline Associate Member
    the Cell was kinda freaky

caturpilar is offline Associate Member
    also children of the corn

BIG R is offline Member
    Yeah The CELL with Jennifer Lopez, not forget Kim Chesveski's appearance in the Nightmare scene carriing of JLO's big ole' caboose. KIM was HUGE!!! liked that scene it was when she was still training for the Ms. Olympia now she is doing the Fitness thing and looks 100% different. Not even the same woman.
    R

Oh! If you want a good mindfuck you have to get "The cube"

It's a student made movie, entirely shot in a 14x14ft room, super low budget (350,000$!), amazing concept and unbelievably well made considering the conditions it was made in!

Read the description & reader reviews at http://us.imdb.com/Title?0123755

I originally saw it on late night TV, and just HAD to buy the dvd the next day.

Red

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    OK BIG GREEN, You want intellegent scary........Back in the day (80's) John Carpenter had out some real winners that racked your brain and scared your pants off with anticipation. Big Cliff hanger endings.

Yes..Good call BigR..I had forgotten about those two and they are two of my all time favorite's.."Prince of Darkness" is very creepy/disturbing and "The Thing" is just an excellent flick that is a little bit on the alternative side to scary movies..

Doc M

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by Red Ketchup
    Oh! If you want a good mindfuck you have to get "The cube"

It's a student made movie, entirely shot in a 14x14ft room, super low budget (350,000$!), amazing concept and unbelievably well made considering the conditions it was made in!

Read the description & reader reviews at http://us.imdb.com/Title?0123755

I originally saw it on late night TV, and just HAD to buy the dvd the next day.

Red
    ive seen it last year. i like the concept but its was a lil bit redondant...
    but i agree with ya for the fact it cost only 350k$ to make this movie

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    if youre a fan of rec drugs then requiem for a dream will scare you more than anything youve ever seen. if youre a white supremacist then american history x will give you a fright. if you have no vices, then rent RAD, because it is easily the best movie i have ever seen simply because it is BY FAR the absolute worst i have ever seen.

Went down to my local movie gallery to see which of these interesting selections I could actually get my hands on....virtually NONE. Only the Hellraisers and other bigname movies are available..none of these diamonds in the rough you guys have brought up. The place has 75 copies of Harry Potter, about 50 of die another day, but not a single one of the films i was hoping to get a peak at after your collective reviews! That's consumer culture for ya

wannabmassive is offline Associate Member
    race with the devil fucks with yo head that

of course if you want a true classic, though it swings more on the side of sci-fi than horror, you got to get "Death Race 2000"!

It's cheezy, it's cool, it's bloody and campy. Scariest of all is the big names in there... David Carradine and Silverter Stallone!

I think the movies tag line describes it best: "In The Year 2000 Hit And Run Driving Is No Longer A Felony. It's The National Sport!"

Red

BIG R is offline Member
    NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

You mean that you could not find one of the Vintage Best movies that we've described? You still have one more week right? WAnst it the weekend after this one? Oh well, we tried.....You could relive you childhood another weekend.

R

Bro, drop by wallymart or best buys... most of those movies you'll find in the cheapies bin for a handfull of peanuts.

Red

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

You mean that you could not find one of the Vintage Best movies that we've described? You still have one more week right? WAnst it the weekend after this one? Oh well, we tried.....You could relive you childhood another weekend.

R
    Yup, i still have till next weekend, so I'll be checking walmart, best buy, circuit city, etc with fingers crossed. By the way, at circuit city today, I picked up the family guy dvd and have watched a few episodes...quality stuff, though not horror.

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    Camerons Closet.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I love The thing, The ring and Prince of darkness they are all awsome.

Has anyone seen John Carpenters The Fog???

I kind of like In the mouth of madness by carpenter to. Its strange and kind of....uncomfortable.

I HATE texas chainsaw massacer. All the noises and screams and shit, VERY disturbing movie!!! not scary just sic and twisted.

Storm of the century is also very good and long to(almost 3 hours if I remember right). But I was never bored for a moment.

And probably one of the best stephen king movies must be The Langoliers.

Jeepers Creepers was good the first half hour or so, but then it just goes wacko and becomes another run and scream movie that sucks donkys ass!!!

Rose red is decent, nothing spectacular but not boring either.

Valmont is offline Banned
    Originally posted by durbin22

Do you mean Session 9. That movie was filmed in my home town.
    Yep. I think it was scary as crap. What town is that?

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by kc
    yeah, i was gunna say event horizon kinda freaked me out for a few days, even though i think it can be considered a "bad" movie. whatever, check it out...it is freaky...=)

i thought the others was boring as hell, and the ring didn't live up to the hype, imo.

alien scared me shitless for months when i was a kid. so bad that i'd hear my parents fighting about why my dad let me watch it at that age...=P

-- clocky baby

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information