TiptronicSoldier is offline Associate Member

Just saw 2 Fast 2 Furious

I just took my 14 yo cousin to go see this movie. Some parts are cool then some parts are soooo ridiculously stupid. I guess it would be a good movie to take a chick to.

big N is offline Anabolic Member
    that movie is sooo fuckin gay ,im immagining its even gayer then the firts one ,i mean who the fuck in there right minds has these riced out cars like that and since when do cars spew out blue flames when u rev the car up ???whata crock of shit ,all these little kidds watch it and get all hypeed and run around with a coffe can exahust soundding like apissed off buble bee ,head cocked bacl thinkin therre bad !errrrrrr

peam is offline Suspended
    I'm sure the hell not going to waste my money on that movie... I mean.. the ONLY reason I went to see the first one was for Vin Diesel and he's not in this one.. so screw it.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    Peam i'm with ya on that one!!!!

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member
    actually the flame throwers are pretty bad ass they have a guy around town who shows off sometimes I think his flame shoots around 3-5 foot.

chevy44 is offline Member
    the only reason i want to watch it is for the domestic cars! no 4bangers for me

It's a good movie for someone under the age of 15, i guess because they don't understand that you can't ramp off bridges. haha

I ain't seen the first one, and I sure as hell ain't gonna see the second one. There isn't much on this planet I hate more than riced up cars.

Gimme good old 60's and 70's American muscle, and I am a HAPPY man! Nohting like the sound of those 4 barrels opening wiiiide on a 350 Don't need no cheezy resonator to make that sound good!

Best car chase in movie history? Stang vs. Charger in Steve McQueen's "Bullit" Ohhhh yeah!

Red

I rather see some modded out LS1's and LS6's personally...classic bowtie power in an unbelievable powerful package

Hey, it's all a matter of personnal choice World would be a pretty damm boring place if everyone liked the same stuff.

But I tell ya... a '67 Mustang fastback would look REAL good in my driveway!

Of course I would also settle for a '68 Firebird 400, of a '69 Dodge Hemi charger

Red

Beantown Abuser is offline Junior Member
    nice cars too bad they r all puny and lack size

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Yeah, its not totally realistic like The Matrix!!! I'd rather watch 2 Fast 2 Furious ten times before I ever watch a movie starring Keanu Reeves.

jleighty17 is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by big N
    that movie is sooo fuckin gay ,im immagining its even gayer then the firts one ,i mean who the fuck in there right minds has these riced out cars like that and since when do cars spew out blue flames when u rev the car up ???whata crock of shit ,all these little kidds watch it and get all hypeed and run around with a coffe can exahust soundding like apissed off buble bee ,head cocked bacl thinkin therre bad !errrrrrr
    yeah bro there are lots of cars that can actually throw the flames out most of the time the have the tip of a spark plug in the exhaust and ( i forget now i watched the thing on HP TV) but they run a little fuel somehow and it cause just enough fuel to throw the flame
    JLI

superjew is offline Associate Member
    It's SO SO nice to hear some American muscle guys in here!! ALL of my friends are so into Japanese crap, it drives me insane. If they made a movie with Vipers and SS's and Cobras THAN I might wanna check it out.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by EXCESS
    Yeah, its not totally realistic like The Matrix!!! I'd rather watch 2 Fast 2 Furious ten times before I ever watch a movie starring Keanu Reeves.
    whoa

agreed, however i think paul walker is actually dumber than keanu.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Well...I wasted my money...and my time seeing that movie.

My review in two words...blows goats!

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    I was gonna go see it until i seen that mustang, probobly the only domestic car in the whole f*ckin movie, get crushed by a damn 18 wheeler in the previews.

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Originally posted by big N
    That was one of the best rants I have ever read! Thanks for the laughs!

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Money, Your review "Blows goats" That is the funniest thing I'
    ve read. Classic Bro, classic. BTW, play on words with the "goat"? If so even better! Damn funny!

As for the first movie. Teenage daughter + Van weasel = Dad spending hard earned cash on puds driving rice burners on the big screen. The only thing I was happy to see was the end. Oh, and at the end, it wasn't a four banger he pulled out to save the day but the good ole V8 muscle! She'll be going to this one with mom.

Red, amen on that 67', now that's a car! I love those fastbacks but I'll stick with my 68' vette. 350 four bolt main, .202 heads/roller rockers, tunnel ram with 850 double pumpers and a little NOS to spice things up. Sit down, shut up and hold on!

Jugg

Got Gear? is offline Member
    Originally posted by Red Ketchup
    I ain't seen the first one, and I sure as hell ain't gonna see the second one. There isn't much on this planet I hate more than riced up cars.

Gimme good old 60's and 70's American muscle, and I am a HAPPY man! Nohting like the sound of those 4 barrels opening wiiiide on a 350 Don't need no cheezy resonator to make that sound good!

Best car chase in movie history? Stang vs. Charger in Steve McQueen's "Bullit" Ohhhh yeah!

Red
    Hell yeah! A man after my own heart!

Nice pic on a movie also! It's one of only 2 movies I've ever paid money to own. 20min of bad-ass car chase...no dialogue or anything.. just revving engines and tires squealing! That movie set a new precident for car chase scenes in movies. Kinda like the Ronan of the 60's.

Here's my baby:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just saw 2 Fast 2 Furious-frnt_qtr_small.jpg  

Awwww man NICE STANG!!!!! I am sooo jealous!

I love the shade of blue, gives it some serious attitude! I bet you don't take this baby out in winter eh?

Red

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    I took my 10 year old son to the movie and he loved it! So, regardless of the contest, I enjoyed myself

For all you domestic lovers there is a scene where Tyreese is getting ready to race. He is sitting in his tripped out Mitsubishi spider convertible, looking over at his competition and reving it up with a grin on his face. His comp. is sitting in a 1970 Dodge Challenger, and when he puts the petal to the matt, the entire vehicle starst to shake (so does the theatre for that matter...THX rocks!!!). It's funny as the smile on Tyreeses' face quickly disappears as he hears (and feels) the rumble of the beast sitting beside him.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just saw 2 Fast 2 Furious-70challenger6.jpg  

PUMP UP is offline Junior Member

come on

All of you are so hostile !! What’s wrong with a four banger pushing 750 horses? Come on that’s a work of art. Now all of the gay ass paint jobs and tin can mufflers I'll give you that. But what’s wrong with a compact car, low to the ground and is fast as shit.

Originally posted by Red Ketchup
    Awwww man NICE STANG!!!!! I am sooo jealous!

I love the shade of blue, gives it some serious attitude! I bet you don't take this baby out in winter eh?

Red
    Thanks Bro. Yeah she's my baby..
    Definately not driven in the winter. I had to repair way too much rust to let that happen again. Ah well, that's when I get a chance to do mods..

Here's a quick list of what I've done to the car:
    Lots of engine work/parts..approx 350hp
    2500rpm stall converter, line lock, StageII shift kit, manual valvebody.
    Power windows, door locks, and trunk opener..all tied into alarm.
    Nitrous Oxide system (currently jetted for +150hp, adjustable to +250hp)
    2x 12" subs, 1x 15" sub (Rockford), over 1000W of power

Basically this car is my weekend cruiser that I show a few times of the year.

PUMP UP: Ain't nothing worong with a 4banger putting out 750 horses. Problem is most of them 4bangers arn't putting out much more that 200HP, yet they're dressed and the owners act like it's a 750hp car. You gotta love it when you beat a 500hp civic in a drag race with a 350hp heavy old mustang.

Here's another pic..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just saw 2 Fast 2 Furious-rear-qtr_small.jpg  

Got Gear!
    You definitely got a sweat ride man. Nothing against the Stang at all they are pure power. And I do agree there are some jacks assess who think there stock LX Civic is a racecar because it’s dressed up with a tuned exhaust on it. But I still love a worked up 4banger, it just blows my mind how much power you can get out of them.

Originally posted by PUMP UP
    Got Gear!
    You definitely got a sweat ride man. Nothing against the Stang at all they are pure power. And I do agree there are some jacks assess who think there stock LX Civic is a racecar because it’s dressed up with a tuned exhaust on it. But I still love a worked up 4banger, it just blows my mind how much power you can get out of them.
    Thanks bro..

Power is one thing.. but once you get up there, reliability goes WAY downhill.

750hp in a TT supra is definately doable with some reliability. But that's a V6 (I think). Most of the Honda guys I talk to say that after 400hp you start to run into problems with the engine block holding up.

I think Civics are great cars for example, but let's look at this realisticaly, it's an economy car..a grocery getter. If you want a sportscar, buy a sportscar.. don't try to make one out of an economy car..

Last pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just saw 2 Fast 2 Furious-engine_small.jpg  

thats a nice engine but check this one out!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just saw 2 Fast 2 Furious-supra-engine.jpg  

halifaxsteve is offline Member
    ok..personally i appreciate american muscle cars, but when you take a 4banger and put a little work into it, it drives like a rocket and handles like a dream.

i agree that if you take a stock civic block, bore it out, shave the head, add a super charger, some nos and a few other goodies, that engine won't hold up very long...that's why if you are serious, you have to look at engine swaps.

some kids out there think that if they get a civic, put a noisy exhaust on there...presto...they have an instant race car...lol.

i admit. i own a civic, it is modified, and it is faster than some 6's and 8's out there...but i do get beaten...i'll admit, but not very often by something in it's class

btw..PUMP..is that a toyota? i can't make it out!?!

halifaxsteve, Its nice to have another import man in here. I have an accord myself.

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    Haven't seen the movie yet, but as far as the cars go...Cars are like music for me. A little of everything. Just totalled my 95 mazda rx7...fastest car i've ever owned. Nothing was original. Put down an 11.43 at Moroso without any spray...all motor(and turbo). Also have a 1973 ford Bronco with a 393 stroker, edelbrock fuel injection, and everything you can imagine done. So like I said, it's all about variety. If it's done well, and looks good, then ya at least have to appreciate it.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by nevaenuf
    I was gonna go see it until i seen that mustang, probobly the only domestic car in the whole f*ckin movie, get crushed by a damn 18 wheeler in the previews.
    Actually there are a few American cars in the movie. Since you all won't go see it, I won't be spoiling anything when I say that I loved the scene when all of the Dodge Rams raced out of the garage and crushed the cop cruisers. The movie was less about street racing and more about stunt driving.

Thread Information