Triedia.com is offline New Member

Question Triedia.com - flaming?

What's up? I've been reading posts here for awhile, but to introduce myself, I'm the admin and webmaster from Triedia.com. Anyway, I was reading a post that said our site is a scam, and a piece of shit.. but in reality it's a great board. Let me explain it, we have OPEN international posts, NO domestic postings at all, NO secret areas, great mods, great members, latest information etc.. Sorry to jason, if I was out of line, but shoot me a pm on triedia bro.

Mike Guest
    Can you please give me the link to that post bud. I apologize it was up - I am not one for people openly flaming other boards - not publicly anywaqy

We try to keep that down here and only worry about our own board and how WE conduct ourselves.

Post the link and I will take care of it.

No need to delete the other thread, it's not that much of a big deal, but I had to introduce myself, before it got out of hand.

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    WE WIN

sorry bro
    But Our Board Is TO GOOD To Leave.

No one is forcing you to leave anything, I like this board also, and you have a great admin.

ptbyjason Guest
    That post was so old bro. That was from the first week when your board was up. Since then you will not find any examples of anyone flaming your board.

The mods and I discussed this weeks ago, and we agreed that NO BOARD WILL BE FLAMED ON HERE. That includes the mods and I, as well as the other members.

If someone even thinks about flaming this post, it will be deleted.

You read some ancient posts man. I am pretty sure I know which one you are talking about. If you look around though, your board hasn't even been discussed lately on here.

Again, I don't want to see anyone flame this post. This matter is solved. There is no flaming going on here, and if I am wrong, I want to know.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Methinks that thou protest too much . . .

I can't help but remember that when Triedia first appeared on the web, its motto was "Illegal Shit Sells." They have, of course, since changed their motto to the more tasteful "Far Beyond Anabolics."

Therefore, bro, I must ask - in a spirit of cordiality - would you like a little cheese with your whine?

Let's face it, guys - there are flames on all of the AS boards. Sometimes people flame each other, more often they flame other boards. It's not constructive, but it's human nature.

And lest I be misinterpreted, a quick search reveals that I have posted on Triedia - about ten times, on seven different threads. Why? Because in the midst of all the commotion, the folks on Triedia address some of the same questions, same problems, etc., that we do here.

AR is my "home" because I find that there is a lot less flaming going on here. Moreover, there is a lot more mutual support going on here. We recognize each other's hang-ups, and even if we don't accept them, we at least tolerate them without name calling. And we don't let them get in the way of sound advice and feedback.

There are also lots less threats (ranging from "Let's bomb the Afghans" to "I'm gonna whup your ass, mofo"), lots less sex talk (despite the fact that we are no less horny here than on any other board), lots less sexism (because we respect women as people first), lots less homophobia (I've only seen the topic addressed here once, and it was an amazingly civil discussion), lots less racism (I've never seen white power flags or swastikas here, as I have on other boards), and no one posting photos titled "My penis." At the same time, there is a minimum of editorial censorship compared with other boards, and everyone's opinion can be heard here with an individual moderator agrees with that opinion or not.

So forgive me if I toot the horn of AnabolicReview a little much here, but this is why so many of us have made it our home, even if it's not the most, um, elite board around.

Nonetheless, I compliment the folks at Triedia. It's not as much my cup of tea, but the board has improved in its quality, cleaned up its act (right down to the motto) somewhat, and has a representative group of participants that includes many people from both AR and other boards. If that wasn't the case, you never would have seen my name over there at all.

At the same time, remember that whether you are talking about a classroom, a church, or an AS forum, there will always be at least one jackass in the bunch. And, for better or worse, jackasses are people too. If they cross the line (as a couple of them did here recently), they can be banned (and they were). But I think you'll find that, even in the face of negative criticism, any publicity helps. It's like show biz - it's better to be talked about in vain than not talked about at all.
    Last edited by TNT; 12-10-2001 at 12:11 AM.

Mike Guest
    I have just nominated TNT as the new Anabolic Review spokesman

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    I 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and millionth that. Good words bro.....again.....

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member

Re: Methinks that thou protest too much . . .

Originally posted by TNT
    no one posting photos titled "My penis."
    Damn TNT, I guess I should delete my last post.....J/K

I know what you mean bro. To me this board just feels like home. Nothing against anyone else's board. That's why I don't think it hurt to let people advertise their boards here. Most of us wouldn't leave this board anyway.

Originally posted by TNT
    there will always be at least one jackass in the bunch. And, for better or worse, jackasses are people too.
    Nice to see Im noticed

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator

Re: Methinks that thou protest too much . . .

Originally posted by TNT
    and no one posting photos titled "My penis."
    This is true my explosive friend, but we did have one, memorable, thread entitled "Is my cock too small?"...and I will give you three guesses as to who started it

Pete

RON
    I remember who that was pete. I wont ruin it but his name does start with a P........

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool True, But . . .

Originally posted by Pete235
    This is true my explosive friend, but we did have one, memorable, thread entitled "Is my cock too small?"...and I will give you three guesses as to who started it
    True, but as I recall, the subject was directly related to AS (as it was in another classic thread titled "Deca Dick?").

Also, there were no photos accompanying the thread. While one could argue that not enough information was presented to address the question withuot visual documentation, I'm sure that everyone appreciated the fact that they were able to read the article with both hands (that, of course, can be taken a couple of ways - naturally, the one I intend is that one did not have to read it while holding, say, an air sickness bag).

Therefore, in the A.R. spirit, the subject was ultimately addressed both ways - in good taste and tasting good (even if the subject penis at hand was, um, "less filling" as well).

RON
    I thought it was the one about the little chicken J put into Partyboys signature

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by RON
    I thought it was the one about the little chicken J put into Partyboys signature
    Yes it was...Ron wins the prize T...I was just having a little fun. A couple of months ago our resident bad boy started a thread in the "Opposite Sex" forum called "Is my cock too small". When the thread was opened, there was no post....just a small smiley in the shape of a rooster (chicken). It was obviously a good natured joke and nobody was offended.

IMO your assesment of this board is spot on.

ptbyjason Guest
    Damn, I knew which one it was too. Do I get extra points for giving a link to it?

TNT, you make me proud bro.

RON
    Originally posted by Pete235
    Ron wins the prize
    Alright what do I win. Oh boy Oh boy I feel like a little boy xmas morning.

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    bro, i was the first to nominate tnt as our spokesman, and i'd like a little recognition as well!! i still wont post behind the smart alleck though!(he's to thorough)

Mike Guest
    Listen big boy -

You have your recognition - I GREATLY appreciate your contributions to this board. I love to see that you consider this board home - and I feel we are priveledged to have your presence here and to have the luxury of viewing your posts everyday. In fact...what do you think the first thing I think of when i wake in the mornings??

"What has BigKev posted overnight??"

It's like christmas morning to a 5 year old - I run out of bed and do a search on all BigKev posts and read them each 4 times. It's a wonderful time - sometimes I will call friends over and we'll eat fritos and champaagne and just read your latest contributions.

If ever I had such an opportunity - I would gladly wait in line to kiss the ground that you have walked upon....

(recognition enough? Just FYI - it started out as serious LOL I really do love that contribute here)

Thread Information