Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator

Talking Judge rejects driver's license veil request

I can't believe some people. I understand and respect cultural differences but a driver's license with a veil...use some common sense here lady!!

http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/06/06/fl...eil/index.html

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    It may violate her religous right, but a license to drive is a privlege, not a right.

Besides, was she planning on driving with that thing on or what?

Originally posted by Pheedno
    It may violate her religous right, but a license to drive is a privlege, not a right.

Ya she was. They cannot be seen without it...especially around men.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by Money Boss Hustla

Ya she was. They cannot be seen without it...especially around men.
    She must still be living under Taliban rule. I'd like to know exactly how many women out there ARE driving with sheets over their eyes.

I had a friend once get a ticket for having Mardi Gras beads hanging from his rear view. The ticket was for visual obstruction so this is completely insane

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    legally, the state can probably make any request and not be considered infringing on her religious freedoms, but what is not right in this case is that over 300 other people (read: non-muslims) have non-photograph drivers liscences in the state ( from a list provided by her team) yet they pick on her. while i agree that she should be required to take the picture, it is not right to let the others go...they should all have to take pictures or be revoked. its not only morally reprehensible, but probably a violation of equal protection under the constitution. likely this is the argument that will be made.

halifaxsteve is offline Member
    i agree

first..take the picture with the sheet off...i could pass cops or immigration that license and pass for her, as long as i was wearing the head dress....she needs to be identifiable, and until the US government comes up with a better solution (ie fingerprint id's, retinal scanners, etc), it's stauts quo for her.

second, if they are going to make her, then they do need to clamp down on the other 300ppl in the state without a photo ID as jeff mentioned. if the law applies to her, it applies to the rest in exacltly the same way, no exceptions.

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    how the hell do u identify somebody by only looking at their eyes? photo id is used to identify people, u cant identify people if they have 90% of their face covered. i cant believe she would even try to argue against that, this is dumbest thing ive read all day, its still early tho........

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    If she thinks it's such a big fucking deal then she can always go home and not have to worry about a drivers liscense without the pillowcase....give me a fucking break!! Shit like this really ticks me off......this was almost as bad as the lady SUING the airline security because they made her take off her veil..WTF....we just got attacked by terrorists bitch!!

Originally posted by majorpecs
    If she thinks it's such a big fucking deal then she can always go home and not have to worry about a drivers liscense without the pillowcase....give me a fucking break!! Shit like this really ticks me off......this was almost as bad as the lady SUING the airline security because they made her take off her veil..WTF....we just got attacked by terrorists bitch!!

This may sound silly, but are women even allowed to drive in hardcore islamic countries? It's my understanding that they aren't allowed to do much more than slave for their man and produce kids.

As for the veil thing, I'm sorry, but in my book if you CHOOSE to come live in my country, then you'd better follow it's laws, customs and rules... no exceptions.. nobody forced you to come here and if you can't respect our rules then GET THE FUCK OUT. If I go to your country, then I promise I'll follow it's rules and respect it's customs.

I'm soooo tired of this bullshit...

Red

jleighty17 is offline Associate Member
    yo guys she is american i believe she converted to islam in 96
    JLI

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Like it was stated: Driving a car legally is a privledge not a right!! She wants to drive?? TAke off the head gear bia bia!! Tired of this shit!! I'll give you rights A right! A left! A straight kick to the fucking head!! If you dont like our laws then dont stay in this country!!
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Farm boy is offline Junior Member
    could not have said it any better!!

Power-BB is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by Pheedno

I agree. Driving is a privilege - bitch should now have her license tooken away and should now walk.

This was ridicilous

razor67 is offline Banned
    Originally posted by jleighty17
    yo guys she is american i believe she converted to islam in 96
    JLI
    this is true,she converted..she was arrested awhile back for something..child abuse i think,and they showed her mug shot on the news...she looks better with the pillow case.

Thread Information